• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
If you are born again, and are having trouble with self control, ... with sinning and confessing, then there is a reason.
If you are a born again believer who lives right for a while, then you mess up, then you go again for a while, and you mess up and REPEAT.
And then its been 5 yrs, 10yrs, 40yrs, ........ just .....like....that.
You never quite got there, you never quite made it to the place of perfected discipleship, or as Paul says...>"as many as are Perfect".. "the fullness of the stature of Christ"..
And that, is not referring to after you die.

So, why didnt you make it yet after so many years??
Whats the prob?

The main reason is, because you are doing it backwards, and that produces a fail.

Saint....How do you perform discipleship backwards, wrong, incorrect.......how to you try to live holy the wrong way, which PRODUCES the sinning confessing life. ?

Well...Its because you are doing this....

"if i can just stop sinning.....if i can just keep myself from doing that again....if i can just LAST THIS TIME, and not FALL again"... Its been 2 months, its been 5 months.......if i can just LAST THIS TIME....... then i will be walking in the spirit.......

= nope.
= that is how you do it wrong.
= that is how you do it BACKWARDS.
= that is how you fail to do it till you die.

So, do you see how you are doing it, and its not working?
And it never will.
How do you know? Because it never has......

Why?

Because you are not obeying a verse correctly.

What verse?

This one..

= "If you WALK in the SPIRIT, ......THEN, you will not sin....you will not fulfill lusts of your FLESH">........again and again, and again.

See that verse?
You are doing that verse backwards..
You are climbing down the ladder trying to get to the top.
You are standing in a hole that you keep digging, and you keep digging.
You are trying to stop your flesh from """the power of sin is the LAW"" , by willpower, and striving, and resisting your sinful desires, to try to get to that holy ground of= "walking in the Spirit".

YET the verse told you to walk in the Spirit FIRST.......
FIRST.
TO BEGIN WITH...
See that?

You walk in the Spirt, and then you dont sin and obey your flesh.

You are trying to stop the sinning first......and that is backwards...., and that is why you keep failing.
See it?
Its right there in front of your eyes.

So, you have to walk in the Spirit , FIRST, and stay there, and then you wont live in that place of sinning and no self control.

Ok then..
What is the place you have to exist in your mind/heart of your faith... so that you can obey that verse. ?
Its simply one thing, Saint... You have to always see yourself as God sees you, and never as you see you.
You have to let go of the God denying self analysis that is how you are BELIEVING yourself to be, and begin right now to only see yourself as GOD SEES YOU, always, since the instant you were born again by God.

So, when you SEE YOURSELF only as GOD SEES YOU, as GOD has recreated you to be as a NEW CREATION>...>"the righteousness of God...in Christ"......, then in that Renewed MIND, you finally begin to walk as you are always found to be in the Spirit of God.

Saint, if you are born again, you are IN GOD.......You are IN HIS SPIRIT, born again into God's Holy Spirit, by God's Holy Spirit.
You remain there....today, tomorrow, forever.
And that is how God SEES YOU< allways....and for eternity.
That is your Eternal LIFE....as that Born AGAIN SPIRIT< who exists IN GOD.

Now you have to learn how to see yourself the same.
YOU have to learn this, because you have learned against this truth for a long time, and now you have to get out of that spiritual mental darkness, which has kept you in the sinning and confessing situation.
You have to BELIEVE RIGHT......which is to only and always see yourself as GOD has recreated you to be......
And that is as "the righteousness of GOD.......in Christ".

See that?
That is WHO YOU ARE, according to the BLOOD ATONEMENT that God used to satisfy the judgment for your sin, that was due you.

Saint, Jesus paid for that judgment, on the Cross, and you are now free, cleansed, forgiven, and are become, literally and eternally....ONE WITH GOD.
God made you clean with Christ's BLOOD, and then He BIRTHED YOU into His Holy Spirit by the Holy Spirit.
That is now who you are, that is where you are, and you remain...= for as long as God lives.

This is the Grace of God given to you as the "Gift of Salvation".
This is REDEMPTION.
This is : Born Again.

You are become NEW......a "new creation", and you remain one for as long as God's Spirit exists, ....as that is where you exist., as always born again.

Now SEE YOURSELF THERE, and never see yourself as anything LESS. !

If you do this, you are believing right, and your mind will find real FAITH, because your mind is renewed when you= BELIEVE RIGHT.
And once you are there, you are believing right, and then the Grace of God will empower you. = "Christ always gives me the Victory".
God's grace, which is also a GIFT will empower you, and your discipleship will begin to reflect the power of God that is the "gift of righteousness".

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayflower

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now we know that 1 John 1:9 is a good verse to fall back on any time that you might mess up; and that confessing your sins to God is the same thing as being transparent or walking in the light; and that we have koinoneia fellowship with the Lord when we walk in the light as He is in the light.

That being said, I will add my own teaching in agreement with that of @Behold's...

In Romans 4:5, we find that we are given the identity of "righteous" even when we blow it...for God is a God who justifies the ungodly. To justify is to declare righteous.

So then, you have an unshakable identity in Christ...that you are righteous even as He is righteous...even when you blow it.

Now that you have this identity, go and live like it (1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6).

For God, in declaring you righteous, is calling those things which be not as though they are (Romans 4:17); thus creating a new reality. Whereas the moment before you were an ungodly person, now you are righteous.

And, this righteousness is in the practical sense (1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6, 1 John 3:17-18).

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me that , walking in the light as He is in the light would simply mean that, do not do something alone you would not while in front of others? We are ALL seen before God's eyes so, it should matter how we behave ourselves. I think there should be no difference really, light or dark. If we walk by His Spirit, and do what pleases Him, we ARE walking in the light as He is in the light.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me that , walking in the light as He is in the light would simply mean that, do not do something alone you would not while in front of others? We are ALL seen before God's eyes so, it should matter how we behave ourselves. I think there should be no difference really, light or dark. If we walk by His Spirit, and do what pleases Him, we ARE walking in the light as He is in the light.
It also means not hiding your sins from God and man if or when you commit them.

Reactions: Mayflower and Nancy

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 1:6 - If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. Walking in darkness is descriptive of children of the devil. Walking in the light is descriptive of children of God. Only those who are saved/children of God are in the light.

Acts 26:18 - to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.

2 Corinthians 6:14 - Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

Ephesians 5:8 - for you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light. Children of the devil walk in darkness, not in the light. Children of God walk in the light, not in darkness. IF confirms these positions in verses 6 and 7. It's one or the other.

In 1 John 2:9, we read - He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. In verse 11 - But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

*Compare with 1 John 3:10 - In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, (compare with 1 John 1:6 - does not practice the truth) nor is he who does not love his brother. *Notice that "walks in darkness" and "hates his brother" is connected with "children of the devil."

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
and that confessing your sins to God is the same thing as being transparent or walking in the light; and that we have koinoneia fellowship with the Lord when we walk in the light as He is in the light.

Confessing your sin, helps you resolve your guilt trip.....again and again.
Thats how failed discipleship functions.
However, It does nothing for your sin, if you are born again, as SIN was dealt with 2000 yrs ago, on the Cross, and by the Death, and the Resurrection, of the Living Jesus.

The born again are not "sinners".

Sinners need to confess sin, repent of unbelief, and trust in Christ,.... not the born again.

How can you confess sin, and it mean anything, when you are already the righteousness of God?

See that?

So, its not just ludicrous to try to confess what isn't being charged to you..... ROMANS 4:8, .....but its actually proof that you have no idea that you are made righteous... or why.

"well, if i confess, i get my righteousness back". "well, if i confess, then broken fellowship is resolved"

= Never.

Your behavior has no bearing on being made righteous.., or being in fellowship with God. = Not ever, once you are born again.
See, the blood atonement and being "one with God" can't be changed by you, as you didnt cause it to begin with...
Behavior has no bearing on birth.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The solution to the issue of confessing and repenting is simple.... its to always exist in the right mind....which is the correct understanding of God's eternal perspective of you.
See yourself only and always as God sees you, and live in that Right Believing.

God always sees you exactly the same, if you are born again.
He only sees you as "made righteous".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

The "Light" is not a place of deed doing.
Religion is more or less that place.
The "Light" is Jesus, and its Revelation and its holiness, and Truth.... Its a place where darkness has no effect on thinking or believing.
We the born again are are "translated from darkness TO LIGHT".
The Kingdom of GOD is THE Kingdom of LIGHT.

The Light exposes what isn't the Light.
The Light exposes LIES and DECEIT and false truth and false people who are pretending to be a part of the Light.
Its THAT place.....all of that...

We are "children OF the Light"...if we are born again.....not just water baptized but BORN AGAIN......so, we the born again... are a part of the revelation of the Truth, with Jesus being THE TRUTH.... John 14:6...= we are become Light bearers by being IN Christ who is the Light of the World.

The born again exist in this world like this.....>"As Christ IS.., so ARE the born again, IN THIS WORLD"..

Within NT semantics...... "light" is truth and holiness and correct understanding and wisdom, and "darkness" is all that opposes all of that.

When you find someone on a forum like this one, trying to undo Truth, and replace it with SELF, and Works..... when you find someone who is teaching that Salvation is only as good as you are, ...its only as good as your faith remains, then that person is a DARK LIGHT..
They are a light, and they are teaching light, but its not Of the Gospel, or of the Truth.

See.....""Satan comes as an angel of LIGHT""", which means he counterfeits all the "christian" spirituality so perfectly that even the born again are often deceived by his "LIGHT" and his people who sound like REAL Light.
But they are not.

So, a person can do good deeds, and be damned.
A person can perform bad behavior, and be born again.
How we behave, is not THE "Light"....its just behavior.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Confessing your sin, helps you resolve your guilt trip.....again and again.
Thats how failed discipleship functions.
However, It does nothing for your sin,

It seems to me that you think that by repeating your lies against the holy scriptures over and over again, that people will believe your lies over the holy scriptures.

Clearly, in 1 John 1:9, confessing our sins means that we will be forgiven of our sins and cleansed from all unrighteousness.

The born again are not "sinners".

What then does Paul say in 1 Timothy 1:15? That he is not born again?

"well, if i confess, i get my righteousness back". "well, if i confess, then broken fellowship is resolved"

= Never.

1Jo 1:9, If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

A person can perform bad behavior, and be born again.

I will only say to this that the Bible teaches that if anyone is a worker (doer) of iniquity, they will be cast into a furnace of everlasting fire (Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 7:23, Matthew 25:41).

So then, if your person performing bad behaviour is born again, the born again will be cast into the furnace of everlasting fire.

I prefer to believe that when a man is born again, he is made into a new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17 (kjv))...so that as a general rule, he is no longer a performer of bad behaviour.

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It seems to me that you think that by repeating your lies against the holy scriptures over and over again, that people will believe your lies over the holy scriptures.

Clearly, in 1 John 1:9, confessing our sins means that we will be forgiven of our sins and cleansed from all unrighteousness.

Here is the thing.
You think that all verses are pointed at the Church, as doctrine, and have no discernment ability to realize that not all verses are literally doctrine for the Church.
You can't comprehend that John, Paul, Jude, were not always talking to the born again.
This comprehension is not resting on you, and that can't be resolved by you pretending to be a teacher and the "forum's Pastor".
Listen.. carefully.
Jesus has your sin if you are born again, so, if you are confessing what He died to resolve and did, 2000 yrs ago, then you are playing a self righteous game with yourself, by believing that God has to keep on making you clean, again and again, based on confessing.
And you are doing that, justbyfaith
You are playing that legalsim game with yourself, and you are teaching this same theological darkness here on the forum.

See, you read that God does not charge you with your sin, in Romans 4:8, and dont like this reality, as you would rather play the confessing and repenting game that all Legalists adore.

Come to the understanding that you are ALREADY "made righteous", if you are born again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think that all verses are pointed at the Church, as doctrine, and have no discernment ability to realize that not all verses are literally doctrine for the Church.
Yes, I do.

2Ti 3:16, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17, That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How to Walk in the Light . . . aka . . . How to Walk in Christ . . .

Be it to you according to your faith.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus has your sin if you are born again, so, if you are confessing what He died to resolve and did, 2000 yrs ago, then you are playing a self righteous game with yourself, by believing that God has to keep on making you clean, again and again, based on confessing.
We have to learn to just let go of our sins, stop trying to make it up to God, make it right with God, Jesus did that already, what business is it of ours! If I'm sinning, I'm simply to stop, by beginning again to walk in the Spirit, knowing that I am able in Christ, that He has never left me, shut me out, nothing like that!

I remain fully reconciled to God even in the midst of committing sin, God forbid! I do commit sins, as you would point out, the works of the flesh. My faith is not fully consistent in the day to day things. And in the corruption of my flesh. And yet my faith is in Jesus, not myself. I've convinced myself - I can't do it. If my salvation rests on me in any way shape or form I'm lost!

And I would take exception to anyone who tried to tell me they are up to the task! ONLY by trusting Jesus. And then fully by Him.

I can never get over those who think that they can be sure to "keep the faith" so they can be sure to stay saved! Or think that they can prove themselves to God by their sinlessness, or "sinning less and less", as if Jesus' reconciliation were like cheap laundry detergent that leaves stains behind, and we can get them out!

I hold back, and you maybe not as much, but I remain astounded by those who think that way!

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can never get over those who think that they can be sure to "keep the faith" so they can be sure to stay saved!

We keep the faith because the Holy Spirit, by whom we have been sealed, instills a consistent and everlasting faith in us.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We keep the faith because the Holy Spirit, by whom we have been sealed, instills a consistent and everlasting faith in us.
So then your faith is permanent within you, is that correct? I would agree. Sealed by the Holy Spirit is certain, and is unto the redemption of the purchased possession, that is, it will last all the way.

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes, I do.

2Ti 3:16, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Yes, i know you do..

But look at your verse........... Paul is showing you the 4 variations that all scriptures are, as "profitable".
But all does not mean, all the same.
In other words, some are for correction, some are for instruction, some are for reproof, and some ...>>SOME>...are for doctrine.

You can't see this, you only see "all are the same", but they are not..

Paul says....>"take a little wine for your stomach"......so, is that Church doctrine?

Paul says...."it is good for a man not to touch a woman".......so, is that Church doctrine?

And i can show you 50 more, justbyfaith,

So, you just said its all doctrine, because you dont know what you are doing here, or what you are talking about.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should confess; not only to God but each other, that’s why we should be in a discipleship relationship, confessing and teaching each other,

when we hide sins even out of fear of what people say, we have a hard time overcoming those sins

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So then your faith is permanent within you, is that correct? I would agree. Sealed by the Holy Spirit is certain, and is unto the redemption of the purchased possession, that is, it will last all the way.

Much love!

If faith was permanent, and sealed, and never changing, then James would not be talking to the born again about "dead faith".
IF faith never changes, then how do we grow our faith?

Demas had faith, he was born again, then left Paul and never came back.

Where did John Mark go for 20+ yrs?

Faith, in us, is not what saves........Its God who saved us, when we ONCE gave Him our Faith.

When a person "goes to the alter" during the alter call, believing on Jesus, and repeats the word the Pastor speaks........that person is as saved right then, as they will ever be, as you can't be more saved then to be born again.
All that happens after that, is that you grow in Grace or you dont.

Salvation is not reliant on continuing to do anything.
Its only reliant on what Jesus Did for us.... that God applies to us.

We are not made righteous by continuing to have faith.
We are made righteous by God, when we are born again, the second we had real faith, and God accepted it.
We are not being saved, we are already saved.
We are not holding unto our faith to cause God to hold unto us, but rather, God is completing our salvation and Jesus is finishing our faith.

Salvation is all of God and Christ, and none of us. Salvation is a Gift.

Philippians 1:6
Hebrews 12:12

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!

It depends on what kind of faith you have.

If you have a nominal, shallow, or lukewarm faith, it becomes possible to fall away (Luke 8:13).

If you have a heart faith that is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring to the end (Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14), then it is unto everlasting life (John 6:47).

While if you fall away from faith, you do not continue to have salvation; and to say otherwise is heresy.

Paul says....>"take a little wine for your stomach"......so, is that Church doctrine?

Yes; and it is doctrine (teaching) that has ministered to me in terms of taking medicine for a specific illness in my life.

Paul says...."it is good for a man not to touch a woman".......so, is that Church doctrine?

Yes.

Demas had faith, he was born again, then left Paul and never came back.

I believe that Demas actually did return to the Lord in his latter days. In Philemon 1:24, he is in fact mentioned; and Paul wrote it at a time when he could be identified as "Paul the aged" (Philemon 1:9).

Salvation is not reliant on continuing to do anything.

Rom 11:20, Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21, For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Rom 11:22, Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

We are not made righteous by continuing to have faith.

We continue to be righteous by continuing to have faith; just like we are made righteous by having initial faith.