How would you behave if.....................

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In remembering the history of our world there have been many wars, disasters both natural & man-made, diseases also both natural & man-made, there have been atrocities committed against humanity that crush the spirit and shock our senses.
We have witnessed human sacrifice in the name of____, seen the devaluing of life in society, witnessed the dsyfunction & breakdown of the family. We have seen the confusion in the purpose of God creating us male & female.Society barely accepts the nicieties of etiquette such as graciousness, kindness,compassion, understanding, loving others and being charitable unless there is a PAYBACK to them !

I would like to ask or any may ask how would you behave if___________. I look for us to be honest then compare what we would do against the action to what the word states. Please everybody dont use the same scripture as a cover for all. Give the scripture in context please, not pulling a verse to stand alone ....Thanks.

My question would be directed outwards for I have received this action against myself and it enraged me to the point I wanted to strangle the person who did it to me.

How would you behave if someone spit in your face ?

Reactions: shortangel

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be honest, Id just be in shock for a minute.

Probably looking a bit dumbfounded.

Id be really angry but Im not an aggressive person. One time I let another woman punch me and win the fight because I knew the outcome would work in my favor.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm, well I think if you're asking us to present something that offends us, then I think I can respond.

The recent problems I have had has been people talking about how lazy some of the disabled people are. Having came from functioning in society to becoming more and more disabled over the years. I've grown to understand the disabled and the importance of having enough humility to ask for help when you need it. I've been homeless at one point and desperately hopeless, hungry and cold. I never had to ask for help for many years and found it humiliating to begin to ask for help. People that pass shallow judgments on the disabled adds insult to injury. It's sort of like Jesus said "Kicks against the pricks".

I was told earlier when looking into going back to work that I didn't have to tell people I was disabled. It was expressed that it was a good idea so that I wasn't automatically discriminated against. And now I'm learning that is useful in everyday life. I intentionally don't tell people I meet that I'm disabled since I often am met with some ill advice or get some sort of discriminating behavior.

I find that the people that are the rudest are people that are self sufficient and can handle everything the world brings at them. They have never known anything along the lines of disabling problems perhaps.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For sure, I would wipe off my face.

Why would someone spit in your / or my face?

I was a caregiver in the Nursing Home and I was taking care of her. She was mean, they say in real life as well. I was a very young believer, she harked back & spit directly in my eye,nose & mouth area. The HS shook me,literally as I had my hands around her neck before squeezing.

I want us to examine how we would behave in telling the truth of anything that has happened and how you reacted. I was in my early 20's

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be honest, Id just be in shock for a minute.

Probably looking a bit dumbfounded.

Id be really angry but Im not an aggressive person. One time I let another woman punch me and win the fight because I knew the outcome would work in my favor.

How would or did it work in your favour and were you Gods child at the time ?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very good.

I have just finished watching "The Hiding Place" its about the ten Booms of Holland during the Nazi invasion. They were believers in Christ and they lived daily by his word.

When they were put into concentration camps for hiding Jews,.some died there in imprisionment. Corrie was relased just b4 women her age were gased. God had something more for her to complete.
I'm questioning how any of us have behaved or would behaved in the face of personal assault, adversity by another at work or home.ect.

What IF we live long enough to face the tribulation of the anti-christ or even our government. Genocide of nations is not only past history.

How would you behave if_______
They tortured your children,grands or greats in front of you to denounce Christ or take the mark.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was after I decided to follow Jesus but I wasn't going His way at the time. Id rather not give details on the outcome but it involved her getting in trouble and being at fault.

Ok, only what any are willing to share. Had I not been a believer and filled with the HS , I might be a murderer today.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In remembering the history of our world there have been many wars, disasters both natural & man-made, diseases also both natural & man-made, there have been atrocities committed against humanity that crush the spirit and shock our senses.
We have witnessed human sacrifice in the name of____, seen the devaluing of life in society, witnessed the dsyfunction & breakdown of the family. We have seen the confusion in the purpose of God creating us male & female.Society barely accepts the nicieties of etiquette such as graciousness, kindness,compassion, understanding, loving others and being charitable unless there is a PAYBACK to them !

I would like to ask or any may ask how would you behave if___________. I look for us to be honest then compare what we would do against the action to what the word states. Please everybody dont use the same scripture as a cover for all. Give the scripture in context please, not pulling a verse to stand alone ....Thanks.

My question would be directed outwards for I have received this action against myself and it enraged me to the point I wanted to strangle the person who did it to me.

How would you behave if someone spit in your face ?
I would wipe it off....give them my notorious glare stare, and ask them if that made them feel better. If they only reply with angry words then I would warn them to move on out of my face because I am starting to feel the urge to want to teach them a lesson.....Don't spit on strangers! "KAPOW!"....the human mouth contains the.worst bacteria...."KAPOW!"....spitting is considered a criminal assault on another individual...."KAPOW!!" ....and the worst part....you're in Oklahoma and this state has the "Make My Day" Law.
So spit on me again...GO AHEAD...MAKE MY DAY!!!:My2c::smlhmm:
In Oklahoma, allowing force in self-defense is taken a step further than in many other states: Oklahoma law allows a person the right to use deadly force against an intruder in his or her home, place of work, and even a personal vehicle.

Then after showing this give them a choice 1I will press assault charges" or 2 "you will apologize and spend the next 30 minutes hearing scripture and letting me pray with you."
Choose wisely...

FYI: KAPOW wasn't me hitting them and I am certain ya'll was thinking horrible thoughts....hehehe...KAPOW was when I would raise my Bible up and then slam it on my leg and it would go....KAPOW! and they would jump each time...hahahaha

Of Course I am just kidding...
I would ask why because it helps to understand if you knew why. Then I would just ask if I could pray with them.

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would wipe it off....give them my notorious glare stare, and ask them if that made them feel better. If they only reply with angry words then I would warn them to move on out of my face because I am starting to feel the urge to want to teach them a lesson.....Don't spit on strangers! "KAPOW!"....the human mouth contains the.worst bacteria...."KAPOW!"....spitting is considered a criminal assault on another individual...."KAPOW!!" ....and the worst part....you're in Oklahoma and this state has the "Make My Day" Law.
So spit on me again...GO AHEAD...MAKE MY DAY!!!:My2c::smlhmm:
In Oklahoma, allowing force in self-defense is taken a step further than in many other states: Oklahoma law allows a person the right to use deadly force against an intruder in his or her home, place of work, and even a personal vehicle.

Then after showing this give them a choice 1I will press assault charges" or 2 "you will apologize and spend the next 30 minutes hearing scripture and letting me pray with you."
Choose wisely...

FYI: KAPOW wasn't me hitting them and I am certain ya'll was thinking horrible thoughts....hehehe...KAPOW was when I would raise my Bible up and then slam it on my leg and it would go....KAPOW! and they would jump each time...hahahaha

:Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud:

I sure thought the KAPOW was a lovely punch.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How would you behave if........

Someone keeps challenging the word and your belief by the word.

I really try to be nice but it gets so aggravating seeing the same ole false doctrine over & over again, & out of context scriptures. Its like hey do YOU need a study guide.
PAHHHHHLEASE !

I just stop engaging ,dont put them on ignore anymore just dont respond.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How would you behave if........

Someone keeps challenging the word and your belief by the word.

I really try to be nice but it gets so aggravating seeing the same ole false doctrine over & over again, out of context scriptures. Its like hey do YOU need a study guide.
PAHHHHHLEASE !

I just stop engaging ,dont put them on ignore anymore just dont respond.
I tell them....I humbly agree to disagree...have a blessed day.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.