I am excited....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not get it, you never do, regardless the subject.
..It is about what you say and how you say it.

Living men on earth, are not thee Holy Father.
Living men on earth, are not Good.
Living men on earth, are not Righteous.
Living men on earth, are not Holy.

John 19
3....thee only true God
11..Holy Father

Glory to God,
Taken
Jesus appointed LIVING MEN on EARTH to be the leaders of His Church, Einstein.
He appoint ONE of them to be the CHIEF Leader (Matt. 16:19-19, Luke 22:31-32, John 21:15-19).

It's all just rudimentary Scriptural study . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus appointed LIVING MEN on EARTH to be
Exactly what Scripture says:
1Cor 12:

the leaders of His Church, Einstein.

Scripture says no such thing.

He appoint ONE of them to be the CHIEF Leader (Matt. 16:19-19, Luke 22:31-32, John 21:15-19).

No those scriptures do not say what you say.

It's all just rudimentary Scriptural study . . .

More like catholic tradition, rather than what scripture says.

Glory to God,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly what Scripture says:
1Cor 12:

Luke 22:31-32, John 21:15-19).
No those scriptures do not say what you say.

Glory to God,
Taken
And I can't force you to believe what Scripture CLEARLY says.

Above - you cited 1 Cor 12.
Right Book and chapter – WRONG verses . . .

Here, we see Paul showing us that Jesus indeed appointed earthly MEN to lead His Church:

1 Cor. 12:27-31

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret? Now eagerly desire the greater gifts.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I can't force you to believe what Scripture CLEARLY says.

Above - you cited 1 Cor 12.
Right Book and chapter – WRONG verses . . .

Here, we see Paul showing us that Jesus indeed appointed earthly MEN to lead His Church:

1 Cor. 12:27-31

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret? Now eagerly desire the greater gifts.

Dude, this is Scripture I have already posted to you, regarding this same drawn out conversation.

Whoop, whoop, a couple of verses pryor already quoted to you and ignored were not fully repeated.

You had posted Scriptural references that had nothing to do with A CHIEF appointed single person as you were claiming.

No one asked YOU to force me to believe, what I already claim to believe.

Clearly I was rejecting you claiming ONE SINGLE CHIEF man was appointed to carry on Jesus' teachings.

And clearly the Scriptures you posted DID not say what you claimed.

I can not force you to stop making claims that are NOT supported by Scripture.

Nor are YOU my focus.

Clearly you preach catholic traditions, and Scriptures you SAY are supportative of your catholic traditions, are a fail.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's just a rudimentary study of HISTORY.
Too bad you didn't pay attention
in school . . .
We hear this tale of the nuns and their rulers, but no nun ever struck me. My very Protestant first grade teacher in a public school struck the back of my hand with her wooden ruler more than once. I certainly was not her only victim. But 8 years later when I was among the elementary school graduates there she was smiling proudly and saying, "He was one of mine".

Reactions: bbyrd009

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dude, this is Scripture I have already posted to you, regarding this same drawn out conversation.
Whoop, whoop, a couple of verses pryor already quoted to you and ignored were not fully repeated.
You had posted Scriptural references that had nothing to do with A CHIEF appointed single person as you were claiming.
No one asked YOU to force me to believe, what I already claim to believe.
Clearly I was rejecting you claiming ONE SINGLE CHIEF man was appointed to carry on Jesus' teachings.
And clearly the Scriptures you posted DID not say what you claimed.
I can not force you to stop making claims that are NOT supported by Scripture.
Nor are YOU my focus.
Clearly you preach catholic traditions, and Scriptures you SAY are supportative of your catholic traditions, are a fail.
Glory to God,
Taken
Peter ALONE is given the Keys to the Kingdom (Matt. 16:18) and singled out with powers to bind and loose (Matt. 16:19).
Strike ONE.

Jesus prays for Peter ALONE to strengthen the others and bring them back to faith (Luke 22:31-32).
Strike TWO.

Peter ALONE
is told by Jesus to Feed His sheep and Tend His flock (John 21:15-19).
Strike THREE.
You're OUT.

Matt. to Rev. - Peter is mentioned 155 times and the rest of Twelve combined are only mentioned 130 times.
Matt. 10:2; Mark 1:36; 3:16; Luke 6:14-16; Acts 1:3; 2:37; 5:29 - these are some of many examples where Peter is mentioned FIRST among the apostles.
Matt. 16:17 - Peter ALONE is told he has received divine knowledge by a special revelation from God the Father.
Matt. 17:24-25 - the tax collector approaches Peter for Jesus' tax. Peter is the spokesman for Jesus. He is the Vicar of Christ.
Matt. 17:26-27 - Jesus pays the half-shekel tax with one shekel, for both Jesus and Peter. Peter is Christ's representative on earth.
Mark 14:37 - at Gethsemane, Jesus asks Peter, and no one else, why he was asleep. Peter is accountable to Jesus for his actions on behalf of the apostles because he has been appointed by Jesus as their leader.
Mark 16:7 - Peter is specified by an angel as the leader of the apostles as the angel confirms the resurrection of Christ.
Acts 2:14 - Peter is FIRST to speak for the apostles after the Holy Spirit descended upon them at Pentecost. Peter is the FIRST to preach the Gospel.
Acts 2:38 - Peter gives FIRST preaching in the early Church on repentance and baptism in the name of Jesus Christ.

And the list goes on . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We hear this tale of the nuns and their rulers, but no nun ever struck me. My very Protestant first grade teacher in a public school struck the back of my hand with her wooden ruler more than once. I certainly was not her only victim. But 8 years later when I was among the elementary school graduates there she was smiling proudly and saying, "He was one of mine".
I saw corporal punishment in my Catholic school as well as my later public school.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw corporal punishment in my Catholic school as well as my later public school.
My connection with the nuns was in particular when they were in charge of the altar boys and when they were teaching catechism once a week or religious release. There were four of them and in this case they were always the kindest gentlest of persons.

The thing about it is, I am not opposed to corporal punishment. It can be overdone and the person with the proper authority to do it can take advantage for his own personal and/or unsavory reasons. I learned to respect the teacher who hit me with a ruler and took care to avoid breaking her rules. She was never a tyrant although some called her that. The real tyrants are ones, be they Catholic or Protestants or Others, we need to watch.

We do need to have rules and those in charge need to have the authority to administer appropriate punishment, but we can bend too much in either direction.

Reactions: bbyrd009

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My connection with the nuns was in particular when they were in charge of the altar boys and when they were teaching catechism once a week or religious release. There were four of them and in this case they were always the kindest gentlest of persons.

The thing about it is, I am not opposed to corporal punishment. It can be overdone and the person with the proper authority to do it can take advantage for his own personal and/or unsavory reasons. I learned to respect the teacher who hit me with a ruler and took care to avoid breaking her rules. She was never a tyrant although some called her that. The real tyrants are ones, be they Catholic or Protestants or Others, we need to watch.

We do need to have rules and those in charge need to have the authority to administer appropriate punishment, but we can bend too much in either direction.
I also am not opposed to corporal punishment. However - I don't think it belongs in schools.
I think more parents should engage in it, though. It would be a different world . . .

Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter ALONE is given the Keys to the Kingdom (Matt. 16:18) and singled out with powers to bind and loose (Matt. 16:19).
Strike ONE.

Jesus prays for Peter ALONE to strengthen the others and bring them back to faith (Luke 22:31-32).
Strike TWO.

Peter ALONE
is told by Jesus to Feed His sheep and Tend His flock (John 21:15-19).
Strike THREE.
You're OUT.

Matt. to Rev. - Peter is mentioned 155 times and the rest of Twelve combined are only mentioned 130 times.
Matt. 10:2; Mark 1:36; 3:16; Luke 6:14-16; Acts 1:3; 2:37; 5:29 - these are some of many examples where Peter is mentioned FIRST among the apostles.
Matt. 16:17 - Peter ALONE is told he has received divine knowledge by a special revelation from God the Father.
Matt. 17:24-25 - the tax collector approaches Peter for Jesus' tax. Peter is the spokesman for Jesus. He is the Vicar of Christ.
Matt. 17:26-27 - Jesus pays the half-shekel tax with one shekel, for both Jesus and Peter. Peter is Christ's representative on earth.
Mark 14:37 - at Gethsemane, Jesus asks Peter, and no one else, why he was asleep. Peter is accountable to Jesus for his actions on behalf of the apostles because he has been appointed by Jesus as their leader.
Mark 16:7 - Peter is specified by an angel as the leader of the apostles as the angel confirms the resurrection of Christ.
Acts 2:14 - Peter is FIRST to speak for the apostles after the Holy Spirit descended upon them at Pentecost. Peter is the FIRST to preach the Gospel.
Acts 2:38 - Peter gives FIRST preaching in the early Church on repentance and baptism in the name of Jesus Christ.

And the list goes on . . .

That's great Peter.....as well as the Other JEWISH Apostles served Christ by continuing Jesus' mission teaching the Lost Jews....
Sending them out two by two...
Mark 6:7

How hard that must have been for the Apostles' who didn't have their CHIEF along to make sure they were ministering properly. LOL

Very Interesting, Gentile "catholics" Claim a JEW as their CHIEF Apostle and appointed him Head CHIEF and holy Father of their Gentile Church, unbeknownst to Him! Lol

Everyone knows Paul was appointed to be the primary teacher to the Gentiles....
and without pretense!

Ding, ding, ding, every person who speaks the word of God to another in Christ............ is feeding Christ' flock!!

LOL,
Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also am not opposed to corporal punishment. However - I don't think it belongs in schools.
I think more parents should engage in it, though. It would be a different world . . .
I wish it did not need to be so, but I have to agree. We too often cannot trust even the parents and therefore even less so the schools. The parents are often too easy on their own children for fear of the civil authorities. That should not be but we have brought it on ourselves.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's great Peter.....as well as the Other JEWISH Apostles served Christ by continuing Jesus' mission teaching the Lost Jews....
Sending them out two by two...
Mark 6:7

How hard that must have been for the Apostles' who didn't have their CHIEF along to make sure they were ministering properly. LOL

Very Interesting, Gentile "catholics" Claim a JEW as their CHIEF Apostle and appointed him Head CHIEF and holy Father of their Gentile Church, unbeknownst to Him! Lol

Everyone knows Paul was appointed to be the primary teacher to the Gentiles....
and without pretense!

Ding, ding, ding, every person who speaks the word of God to another in Christ............ is feeding Christ' flock!!

LOL,
Taken
Ummmmm, first of all – WE didn’t appoint Peter the chief Apostle.
JESUS did (Matt. 16:18-19, Luke 22:31-32, John 21:1519).

Anyway – as for Paul – even HE knew he had to seek counsel from the other Apostles when it came to the Judaizers. That’s what the Council of Jerusalem was all about, Einstein . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmm, first of all – WE didn’t appoint Peter the chief Apostle.
JESUS did (Matt. 16:18-19, Luke 22:31-32, John 21:1519).

Dude....You are the one who claimed Jesus appointed one man to be Chief Leader.
Post #581

You are the one who revealed the name Peter, and claimed he ALONE .... singled out with powers....
Post # 586

You are the one who supports and agrees with catholic tradition of appointing Peter, thee first "holy father" of your church, well known without Peters knowledge.

Get over it, people are in disagreement with your churches traditions and teaching.

Anyway – as for Paul – even HE knew he had to seek counsel from the other Apostles when it came to the Judaizers. That’s what the Council of Jerusalem was all about, Einstein . . .

Anyway - not news the Apostles conferred among themselves......SHOCKING! LOL

Glory to God,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dude....You are the one who claimed Jesus appointed one man to be Chief Leader.
Post #581

You are the one who revealed the name Peter, and claimed he ALONE .... singled out with powers....
Post # 586

You are the one who supports and agrees with catholic tradition of appointing Peter, thee first "holy father" of your church, well known without Peters knowledge.

Get over it, people are in disagreement with your churches traditions and teaching.

Anyway - not news the Apostles conferred among themselves......SHOCKING! LOL

Glory to God,
Taken
Hey, if you're in disagreement with Christ's CHURCH - you:re in disagrrement with CHRIST (Luke 10:16).

Thanks for at least admitting that . . .

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I was beaten on the head, I think with a book by a nun who said I was talking. I only remember so much since I think I was in 1st grade. My mother wasn't on the ball - she should have went to the school and had her fired. Looking back from this vantage point, she was sick in her mind to do something like that. She had some frustration in her life that she took out on me. I refused to go back to school. I remember a teen girl walked into the room and that nun flew off the handle and beat her really bad in front of the class. I don't know what was up with those nuns but they weren't emotionally healthy.

Reactions: Willie T

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was beaten on the head, I think with a book by a nun who said I was talking. I only remember so much since I think I was in 1st grade. My mother wasn't on the ball - she should have went to the school and had her fired. Looking back from this vantage point, she was sick in her mind to do something like that. She had some frustration in her life that she took out on me. I refused to go back to school. I remember a teen girl walked into the room and that nun flew off the handle and beat her really bad in front of the class. I don't know what was up with those nuns but they weren't emotionally healthy.
I was taught by some very sweet nuns . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, if you're in disagreement with Christ's CHURCH - you:re in disagrrement with CHRIST (Luke 10:16).

Thanks for at least admitting that . . .

Your usual underhanded Tactics are noted.

No need for your pretentious thanks for something I never said.

I forgive you for your inability to read and comprehend and making of false accusations.

Once again, stop trying to speak for others, it puts you in a dim light.

Glory to God,
Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess it takes all kinds in many places. As I said all of my experiences with nuns and also priests were very good ones. I know that others cannot say the same, but any where the punishment was undeserved or overdone it should have been corrected by someone. This is not simply a problem for Catholics but for people. People are the culprits as they always have been since the first disobedience in the Bible. When we are all overcomers as Jesus was an overcomer there will no more tears, no more injustice anywhere.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your usual underhanded Tactics are noted.

No need for your pretentious thanks for something I never said.

I forgive you for your inability to read and comprehend and making of false accusations.

Once again, stop trying to speak for others, it puts you in a dim light.

Glory to God,
Taken
Nothing "underhanded".
You DO disagree with Chrit's Church on MANY things that are well-documented on this forum.