I am in a jam: asking for a prayer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

William00

Mar 13, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Board Members:

I am a in jam. My boss boss at work expects me to perform miracles. Next week, customers will be coming to check on us and decide if they want to continue with us. The results I am getting is not that great. I am working as much as I can this week.

Please pray that God will instill wisdom in me to get the job done this week.

Thank you!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Board Members:

I am a in jam. My boss boss at work expects me to perform miracles. Next week, customers will be coming to check on us and decide if they want to continue with us. The results I am getting is not that great. I am working as much as I can this week.

Thank you!
I am praying now for your situation.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Don’t you just love it when bosses expect the impossible , may the customers be inclined to want to stay with you and all you can ever do is your best. Xxxx
Rita

Reactions: Lambano and amadeus

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We have it at work, if you could see the list of things I am suppose to do in a 7.5hour shift. If I am on one floor on my on own I have to clean35 rooms, two lounges, two bathrooms, two dining rooms, two sluices, two studies, three visitors toilets, and a very long corridor. In those rooms I have to clean all surfaces, and the en-suite bathroom. This is not taking into account that I have to set up and down my trolley and clear up any accidents that the residents might have…… this is without fitting in the monthly and weekly jobs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At 63 I am absolutely shattered at the end of my shift !
All managers should undertake the work and see how well they get on !!
Over with the rant ………my sympathies are with anyone under pressure to do the impossible !

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We have it at work, if you could see the list of things I am suppose to do in a 7.5hour shift. If I am on one floor on my on own I have to clean35 rooms, two lounges, two bathrooms, two dining rooms, two sluices, two studies, three visitors toilets, and a very long corridor. In those rooms I have to clean all surfaces, and the en-suite bathroom. This is not taking into account that I have to set up and down my trolley and clear up any accidents that the residents might have…… this is without fitting in the monthly and weekly jobs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At 63 I am absolutely shattered at the end of my shift !
All managers should undertake the work and see how well they get on !!
Over with the rant ………my sympathies are with anyone under pressure to do the impossible !
do they still send kids up chimney's over there?

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lol, no they just expect the older generation to work longer !!!!!

Reactions: Lambano

William00

Mar 13, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t you just love it when bosses expect the impossible , may the customers be inclined to want to stay with you and all you can ever do is your best. Xxxx
Rita

It's better to under-promise and over-deliver rather the other way around. I don't think boss boss is happy.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Board Members:

Thank you!
Prayers going out to you brother William, in that you succeed which I know you will, keep faith in Christ and pray for him to guide you.

God bless

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am a in jam.

So are you a fig, strawberry, raspberry, apricot, black berry, blue berry or whatever other fruit that can be made into a jam with lots of sugar, to be in the jam? :D

On another note, why has God placed you in this job? Has His purposes for you being in this job, been completed, yet?

Sometimes we have to get rid of our sugar sweetness, and tell people how we are feeling about the expectations that they have about our abilities to achieve the impossible for them, and the stress levels that this is placing upon us.

You may be surprised to find out that they are not necessarily able to discern this from the conversation that they are having with you.

Perhaps, you just need to set your work boundaries with your bosses so that they can know what you are capable of achieving without being a miracle worker for them.

Another solution may be to hand this problem over to God to resolve for you. You may be surprised at what he can do just for you. :cool:

Shalom

William00

Mar 13, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you a fig, strawberry, raspberry, apricot, black berry, blue berry or whatever other fruit that can be made into a jam with lots of sugar, to be in the jam? :D

On another note, why has God placed you in this job? Has His purposes for you being in this job, been completed, yet?

Thank you for your humor :)

I feel God actually has other doors open for me but out of my lack of faith and fear on my part, I do not want to enter the
unknown.

Yes, telling the boss(es) what can be done and not done is very important. However, we are always require to do
more for less and less.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you for your humor :)

I feel God actually has other doors open for me but out of my lack of faith and fear on my part, I do not want to enter the
unknown.

Yes, telling the boss(es) what can be done and not done is very important. However, we are always require to do
more for less and less.

Feeling that God has actually opened other doors for you, does not mean that that is the case. Has God impressed on you that he wants you to move elsewhere. We all need to step out in faith with God and to be fully dependant on Him for all of our needs. The fear of stepping into something new, even when we must step into the unknown, lets us down and screams that we really do not trust God with our life when He calls us to go where He wants us to be, Satan has an open doorway to speak into our attentive ear tuned to him.

Also, not speaking out the truth to your bosses is not satisfactory as well.

Perhaps, God is making you uncomfortable so that you will leave the present work place. You need to ask God personally what it is that He wants you to do and then step into His purposes for your life.

Shalom.

PS: - I am glad that you enjoyed the humour in my previous post.

William00

Mar 13, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feeling that God has actually opened other doors for you, does not mean that that is the case. Has God impressed on you that he wants you to move elsewhere. We all need to step out in faith with God and to be fully dependant on Him for all of our needs. The fear of stepping into something new, even when we must step into the unknown, lets us down and screams that we really do not trust God with our life when He calls us to go where He wants us to be, Satan has an open doorway to speak into our attentive ear tuned to him.

One of my teachers asked us to end our homework with "AMDG", For the Greater Glory of God in Latin. Career-wise or life in general, I should move forward rather than stagnate, trying to do my best. I believe that this is what God wants. Of course, there is always risk. There is the fear of not working out, company financials go south. Management wants the impossible (the same everywhere).

Also, not speaking out the truth to your bosses is not satisfactory as well.

They always want the impossible. I have to try and then let them know and manage their expectations.

Perhaps, God is making you uncomfortable so that you will leave the present work place. You need to ask God personally what it is that He wants you to do and then step into His purposes for your life.

What are the signs? Alot of the times, it's just intuition. It was only one time that God, unequivocally, communicated with
me by answering my prayer that cannot happen by nature.