I have a question... What is the Gospel of the Kingdom?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you tell me what is the Gospel of the Kingdom, without talking about Jesus’ death and Resurrection? The Gospel of the Kingdom was being taught for 3 years before Jesus death! Remember Jesus said I was sent for this purpose. Most believe Jesus only came to die for our sins and nothing else matters… in fact this is the only gospel taught in most Churches today… but Jesus taught differently in Luke 4:43

Luke 4:42 When day came, Jesus left and went to a secluded place; and the crowds were searching for Him, and came to Him and tried to keep Him from going away from them. 43 But He said to them, "I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, for I was sent for this purpose."

Luke 8:1 Soon afterwards, He began going around from one city and village to another, proclaiming and preaching the kingdom of God. The twelve were with Him,

Luke 9:1 And He called the twelve together, and gave them power and authority over all the demons and to heal diseases. And He sent them out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to perform healing.

Luk 18:31 Then He took the twelve aside and said to them, "Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things which are written through the prophets about the Son of Man will be accomplished. "For He will be handed over to the Gentiles, and will be mocked and mistreated and spit upon, and after they have scourged Him, they will kill Him; and the third day He will rise again." But the disciples understood none of these things, and the meaning of this statement was hidden from them, and they did not comprehend the things that were said.

John 20:9 For as yet they did not understand the Scripture, that He must rise again from the dead.

Remember Jesus sent the twelve out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to perform healing… (Luke 9:1) all without understanding about His death on the cross for the sins of the world. Now After His Resurrection… we Read.

Act 1:3 To these He also presented Himself alive after His suffering, by many convincing proofs, appearing to them over a period of forty days and speaking of the things concerning the kingdom of God.

Act 1:6 So when they had come together, they were asking Him, saying, "Lord, is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?"

Act 28:23 When they had set a day for Paul, they came to him at his lodging in large numbers; and he was explaining to them by solemnly testifying about the kingdom of God and trying to persuade them concerning Jesus, from both the Law of Moses and from the Prophets, from morning until evening.

Act 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were being baptized, men and women alike.

Act 28:30 And he stayed two full years in his own rented quarters and was welcoming all who came to him, preaching the kingdom of God and teaching concerning the Lord Jesus Christ with all openness, unhindered.

After Jesus’ resurrection, The apostles and now Paul are preaching the kingdom of God and now adding things or persuading the people concerning the Lord Jesus Christ

It is obvious that the death and the resurrection of Jesus are absolutely essential elements of the Gospel. But they are not the whole Gospel. What is misleading about contemporary evangelical tracks and systematic theology texts is that salvation is explained in terms only of the death and resurrection of Jesus, to the exclusion of his own preaching of the Kingdom.

Now my question: What did the twelve teach, before Jesus’ death? What message about the kingdom of God did they teach…? all the while not understanding that He must die and rise again from the dead?

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you tell me what is the Gospel of the Kingdom, without talking about Jesus’ death and Resurrection? The Gospel of the Kingdom was being taught for 3 years before Jesus death! Remember Jesus said I was sent for this purpose. Most believe Jesus only came to die for our sins and nothing else matters… in fact this is the only gospel taught in most Churches today… but Jesus taught differently in Luke 4:43

Luke 4:42 When day came, Jesus left and went to a secluded place; and the crowds were searching for Him, and came to Him and tried to keep Him from going away from them. 43 But He said to them, "I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, for I was sent for this purpose."

Luke 8:1 Soon afterwards, He began going around from one city and village to another, proclaiming and preaching the kingdom of God. The twelve were with Him,

Luke 9:1 And He called the twelve together, and gave them power and authority over all the demons and to heal diseases. And He sent them out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to perform healing.

Luk 18:31 Then He took the twelve aside and said to them, "Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things which are written through the prophets about the Son of Man will be accomplished. "For He will be handed over to the Gentiles, and will be mocked and mistreated and spit upon, and after they have scourged Him, they will kill Him; and the third day He will rise again." But the disciples understood none of these things, and the meaning of this statement was hidden from them, and they did not comprehend the things that were said.

John 20:9 For as yet they did not understand the Scripture, that He must rise again from the dead.

Remember Jesus sent the twelve out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to perform healing… (Luke 9:1) all without understanding about His death on the cross for the sins of the world. Now After His Resurrection… we Read.

Act 1:3 To these He also presented Himself alive after His suffering, by many convincing proofs, appearing to them over a period of forty days and speaking of the things concerning the kingdom of God.

Act 1:6 So when they had come together, they were asking Him, saying, "Lord, is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?"

Act 28:23 When they had set a day for Paul, they came to him at his lodging in large numbers; and he was explaining to them by solemnly testifying about the kingdom of God and trying to persuade them concerning Jesus, from both the Law of Moses and from the Prophets, from morning until evening.

Act 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were being baptized, men and women alike.

Act 28:30 And he stayed two full years in his own rented quarters and was welcoming all who came to him, preaching the kingdom of God and teaching concerning the Lord Jesus Christ with all openness, unhindered.

After Jesus’ resurrection, The apostles and now Paul are preaching the kingdom of God and now adding things or persuading the people concerning the Lord Jesus Christ

It is obvious that the death and the resurrection of Jesus are absolutely essential elements of the Gospel. But they are not the whole Gospel. What is misleading about contemporary evangelical tracks and systematic theology texts is that salvation is explained in terms only of the death and resurrection of Jesus, to the exclusion of his own preaching of the Kingdom.

Now my question: What did the twelve teach, before Jesus’ death? What message about the kingdom of God did they teach…? all the while not understanding that He must die and rise again from the dead?

The kingdom of heaven, and kingdom of God, are all synonymous and it’s entered in by faith in Jesus Christ as the son of god, savior, and messiah.

Thus the gospel of Christ and the gospel of the kingdom are the same, all involve faith in Jesus for salvation and to enter into.

Reactions: Daniel Veler

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The gospel of the kingdom of God is Christ coming in the flesh. All Israel had heard of the Christ to come, Christ himself proclaims that the prophecy of His coming is fulfilled in their presence. So that is the gospel that the disciples later on in Luke 9 were proclaiming, that Christ, son of God, has come to them in the flesh. And this was backed up in the sight of the people evidentially by miraculous signs and wonders.

Luke 3
15 Now as the people were in expectation, and all reasoned in their hearts about John, whether he was the Christ or not, 16 John answered, saying to all, “I indeed baptize you with water; but One mightier than I is coming, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to loose. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 17 His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather the wheat into His barn; but the chaff He will burn with unquenchable fire.”

Luke 4
16 So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read. 17 And He was handed the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when He had opened the book, He found the place where it was written:

18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,
Because He has anointed Me
To preach the gospel to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives
And recovery of sight to the blind,
To set at liberty those who are [j]oppressed;
19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.”

20 Then He closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all who were in the synagogue were fixed on Him. 21 And He began to say to them, “Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.” 22 So all bore witness to Him, and marveled at the gracious words which proceeded out of His mouth. And they said, “Is this not Joseph’s son?”

Last edited:

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The kingdom of heaven, and kingdom of God, are all synonymous and it’s entered in by faith in Jesus Christ as the son of god, savior, and messiah.

Thus the gospel of Christ and the gospel of the kingdom are the same, all involve faith in Jesus for salvation and to enter into.

Yea, so how did this involve faith in Jesus for salvation without the understanding of his Death and resurrection for our sins?

You did not completely read my post!

[Remember Jesus sent the twelve out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to perform healing… (Luke 9:1) all without understanding about His death on the cross for the sins of the world.] John 20:9 For as yet they did not understand the Scripture, that He must rise again from the dead.

Try again... What did they teach for 3 years... without understanding Jesus is dying for your sins!!!

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gospel of the kingdom of God is Christ coming in the flesh. All Israel had heard of the Christ to come, Christ himself proclaims that the prophecy of His coming is fulfilled in their presence. So that is the gospel that the disciples later on in Luke 9 were proclaiming, that Christ, son of God, has come to them in the flesh.

Luke 3
15 Now as the people were in expectation, and all reasoned in their hearts about John, whether he was the Christ or not, 16 John answered, saying to all, “I indeed baptize you with water; but One mightier than I is coming, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to loose. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 17 His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather the wheat into His barn; but the chaff He will burn with unquenchable fire.”

Luke 4
16 So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read. 17 And He was handed the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when He had opened the book, He found the place where it was written:

18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,
Because He has anointed Me
To preach the gospel to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives
And recovery of sight to the blind,
To set at liberty those who are [j]oppressed;
19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.”

20 Then He closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all who were in the synagogue were fixed on Him. 21 And He began to say to them, “Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.” 22 So all bore witness to Him, and marveled at the gracious words which proceeded out of His mouth. And they said, “Is this not Joseph’s son?”

Good, I can agree... So we know that they spend 3 years talking about this topic going from town to town and healing the sick... But what did they teach? How did they prepare them and/or what did they teach them to expect? Remember... It also took the risen Jesus 40 days to review what he already taught for 3 years (Act 1:3)

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good, I can agree... So we know that they spend 3 years talking about this topic going from town to town and healing the sick... But what did they teach? How did they prepare them and/or what did they teach them to expect? Remember... It also took the risen Jesus 40 days to review what he already taught for 3 years (Act 1:3)
They would have taught the people the same things Christ was teaching them, at the time. The revelation of Jesus Christ was not an all at once kind of thing, it is progressive.

example verse
John 16
12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He [c]will take of Mine and declare it to you.

Christ knows we can not bear everything all at once. So even now, after He ascended, His Holy Spirit teaches us all things we need to know

Example

1 John 2:26-28
New King James Version
26 These things I have written to you concerning those who try to deceive you. 27 But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.

The Children of God
28 And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They would have taught the people the same things Christ was teaching them, at the time. The revelation of Jesus Christ was not an all at once kind of thing, it is progressive.

example verse
John 16
12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He [c]will take of Mine and declare it to you.

Christ knows we can not bear everything all at once. So even now, after He ascended, His Holy Spirit teaches us all things we need to know

Example

1 John 2:26-28
New King James Version
26 These things I have written to you concerning those who try to deceive you. 27 But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.

The Children of God
28 And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.

Yea, but this applies to the twelve too, as they did not understand the Scripture, that He must rise again from the dead. I understand what your saying... But it does not tell me what they specifically taught for 3 years without the knowledge of Jesus dying for the sins of the world.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea, but this applies to the twelve too, as they did not understand the Scripture, that He must rise again from the dead. I understand what your saying... But it does not tell me what they specifically taught for 3 years without the knowledge of Jesus dying for the sins of the world.

i would assume they taught of things Jesus had said during the sermon on the mount in matthew.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i would assume they taught of things Jesus had said during the sermon on the mount in matthew.

Could be... But would Jesus need an extra 40 days after he was risen to review this with the apostles or was there more?

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could be... But would Jesus need an extra 40 days after he was risen to review this with the apostles or was there more?

after He had risen, im sure He taught about His death, burial, and resurrection. And how His atonement did away with the old covenant.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
after He had risen, im sure He taught about His death, burial, and resurrection. And how His atonement did away with the old covenant.
He started to teach them in the gospel accounts that he was going to go to Jerusalem, die and then be resurrected. But that teaching came later.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Good News of the Kingdom part 1 of 3

Since Jehovah, the Universal Sovereign, has always been exercising his power and mightiness, why is there a need for the Kingdom of God? A sovereign generally exercises his authority through an agency that is placed over his subjects. The Kingdom of God, therefore, is an expression or exercise of God’s universal sovereignty toward his creatures, a means or an agency used by him to carry out his rulership.

Jehovah has expressed his sovereignty in different ways at different times. He instituted a new expression of his sovereignty in response to the rebellion in the Garden of Eden when a renegade spirit son of God, an angel, became Satan, and succeeded in influencing Adam and Eve to rebel against Jehovah’s rulership. That rebellion constituted a challenge to God’s sovereignty. Someone may ask, in what way? By that rebellious angel telling Eve that she ‘positively would not die’ if she ate the forbidden fruit, this angel who became Satan insinuated that Jehovah was untruthful, thus untrustworthy. This angel who became Satan further told Eve: “God knows that in the very day of your eating from it your eyes are bound to be opened and you are bound to be like God, knowing good and bad.” This angel who became Satan was suggesting that Adam and Eve could do better by ignoring God’s command and going their independent way. (Genesis 3:1-6) That was a direct challenge to the True God's right to rule and the righteousness of his rule.

What do we expect that a ruler would do when there was an outright rebellion in his realm? Those who are familiar with history can recall some such instances. Rather than ignoring the matter, usually a sovereign—even a benevolent ruler—would render judgment against the rebels, declaring them guilty of treason. Then the ruler might empower someone to subdue the rebel forces and restore peace. Similarly, Jehovah showed that he was in full control of the situation when he took immediate action and pronounced judgment upon the rebels. He pronounced Adam and Eve unworthy of the gift of everlasting life, and He drove them out of the garden of Eden. Genesis 3:16-19, 22-24.

In pronouncing his judgment against Satan, Jehovah revealed a new expression of his sovereignty, a means by which he would restore peace and order to all his realm. To Satan, God said: “I shall put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed. He will bruise you in the head and you will bruise him in the heel.” (Genesis 3:15) Thus Jehovah revealed that it was his purpose to empower a “seed” to crush Satan and his forces and to prove that God has the right to rule and the righteousness of his rulership, of His sovereignty.Psalm 2:7-9; 110:1, 2.

That “seed” turned out to be Jesus Christ, along with a distinct group of associate rulers.(began with the Apostles and disciples of Jesus Christ). Together they form God’s Messianic Kingdom. (Daniel 7:13, 14, 27; Matthew 19:28; Luke 12:32; 22:28-30) All of this, however, was not revealed immediately. In fact, the outworking of the first prophecy remained a “sacred secret which had been kept in silence for long-lasting times.” (Romans 16:25) For centuries, men of faith longed for the time when “the sacred secret” would be revealed and the first prophecy fulfilled to the vindication of Jehovah’s sovereignty.Romans 8:19-21.

As time went on, Jehovah progressively made known aspects of “the sacred secret of the kingdom of God.” (Mark 4:11) Among those to whom Jehovah did so was the man Abraham, who was called “Jehovah’s friend.” (James 2:23) Jehovah promised Abraham that He would “make a great nation” out of him. Later, God further made known to Abraham: “Kings will come out of you,” and “by means of your seed all nations of the earth will certainly bless themselves.”—Genesis 12:2, 3; 17:6; 22:17, 18.

Through Abraham’s grandson Jacob, Jehovah revealed: “The scepter will not turn aside from Judah, neither the commander’s staff from between his feet, until Shiloh comes; and to him the obedience of the peoples will belong.” (Genesis 49:10) The term “Shiloh” means “He Whose It Is; He to Whom It Belongs.” Thus, these prophetic words indicated that there would come one who had the legal right to receive “the scepter,” or sovereignty, and “the commander’s staff,” or rulership, over “the peoples,” or all mankind.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good News of God's kingdom part 2 of 3

Of the descendants of Judah, the first one to be chosen by Jehovah to be king over his people was the shepherd David, son of Jesse. (1 Samuel 16:1-13) In spite of his sins and errors, David found favor with Jehovah because of his loyalty to Jehovah’s sovereignty. Shedding more light on the Edenic prophecy, Jehovah made a covenant with David, saying: “I shall certainly raise up your seed after you, which will come out of your inward parts; and I shall indeed firmly establish his kingdom.” That would involve more than David’s son and successor, Solomon, for the covenant stated: “I shall certainly establish the throne of his kingdom firmly to time indefinite.” That Davidic covenant made clear that the promised Kingdom “seed” would in time come through the family line of David.—2 Samuel 7:12, 13.

With David was started a dynasty of kings who were anointed with holy oil by the high priest. These kings could thus be called anointed ones, or messiahs. (1 Samuel 16:13; 2 Samuel 2:4; 5:3; 1 Kings 1:39) They were said to sit on Jehovah’s throne and rule as kings for Jehovah in Jerusalem. (2 Chronicles 9:8) In that sense, the kingdom of Judah represented God’s Kingdom, an expression of Jehovah’s sovereignty.

When the king and the people submitted to Jehovah’s sovereignty, they enjoyed His protection and blessing. The reign of Solomon was in particular a time of peace and prosperity beyond compare, providing a prophetic glimpse of the rule of God’s Kingdom when Satan’s influence will be completely removed and Jehovah’s sovereignty vindicated. (1 Kings 4:20, 25) Sadly, most of the kings in the Davidic line failed to measure up to Jehovah’s requirements, and the people fell into idolatry and immorality. Finally, Jehovah allowed the kingdom to be destroyed by the Babylonians in 607 B.C.E. Satan appeared to have gained the upper hand in his attempt to discredit Jehovah’s sovereignty.

The overthrow of the Davidic kkingdom and the earlier overthrow of the northern kingdom of Israel furnished proof, not of any deficiency or failure of Jehovah’s sovereignty, but of the sorry consequences of Satan’s influence and man’s independence from God. (Proverbs 16:25; Jeremiah 10:23) To show that he was still exercising his sovereignty, Jehovah declared through the prophet Ezekiel: “Remove the turban, and lift off the crown. . . . A ruin, a ruin, a ruin I shall make it. As for this also, it will certainly become no one’s until he comes who has the legal right, and I must give it to him.” (Ezekiel 21:26, 27) Those words indicate that the promised “seed,” the One “who had the legal right,” was yet to come.

About the year 2 B.C.E. The angel Gabriel was sent to Mary, a virgin girl in Nazareth, a city of Galilee in northern Palestine. He declared: “Look! you will conceive in your womb and give birth to a son, and you are to call his name Jesus. This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High; and Jehovah God will give him the throne of David his father, and he will rule as king over the house of Jacob forever, and there will be no end of his kingdom.” Luke 1:31-33.

The time for revealing “the sacred secret” had drawn near. The principal One of the promised “seed” was soon to appear. (Galatians 4:4; 1 Timothy 3:16) He would be bruised in the heel by Satan. But that “seed,” in turn, will bruise Satan’s head, putting him and all his cohorts out of action. He would also bear witness that by means of the Kingdom of God, all the damage done by Satan will be undone and Jehovah’s sovereignty vindicated. (Hebrews 2:14; 1 John 3:8) How would Jesus accomplish this? What example did he leave for us to imitate?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good News of God's kingdom part 3 of 3

A momentous event, one that had never before been seen on earth, occurred about October 29 C.E. The Gospel writer Matthew reports: “After being baptized Jesus immediately came up from the water; and, look! the heavens were opened up, and John the Baptizer saw descending like a dove God’s spirit coming upon Jesus. Look! Also, there was a voice from the heavens that said: ‘This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.’” This was one of the few events that was recorded by all four Gospel writers.—Matthew 3:16, 17; Mark 1:9-11; Luke 3:21, 22; John 1:32-34.

The visible outpouring of holy spirit upon Jesus identified him as the Anointed One, which term means Messiah, or Christ. (John 1:33) At long last, the promised “seed” had appeared! Standing before John the Baptizer was the one whose heel was to be bruised by Satan and who was to bruise the head of that archenemy of Jehovah and His sovereignty. (Genesis 3:15) From that point on, Jesus was fully aware that he must endeavor to fulfill Jehovah’s purpose regarding His sovereignty and the Kingdom.

To be prepared for the task at hand, “Jesus, full of holy spirit, turned away from the Jordan, and he was led about by the spirit in the wilderness.” (Luke 4:1; Mark 1:12) There, for 40 days Jesus had time to meditate deeply on the issue of sovereignty raised by Satan and on the course that He had to take to uphold Jehovah’s sovereignty. That issue involves all intelligent creatures in heaven and on earth. So we do well to consider Jesus’ faithful course and see what we must do to show that we too wish to uphold Jehovah’s sovereignty.. Job 1:6-12; 2:2-6.

None of the events just mentioned escaped Satan’s notice. Wasting no time, he launched his attack on the principal “seed” of God’s “woman.” (Genesis 3:15) Satan tempted Jesus three times, proposing that Jesus should do what seemed advantageous to him instead of what his Father wanted him to do. The third temptation in particular brought the issue of sovereignty to the fore. Showing Jesus “all the kingdoms of the world and their glory,” Satan blatantly said to Jesus: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.” Fully aware that the Devil did indeed have control over “all the kingdoms of the world,” Jesus showed where He stood on the issue of sovereignty by replying: “Go away, Satan! For it is written, ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’” Matthew 4:8-10.

Jesus’ life course demonstrated clearly that for him, upholding Jehovah’s sovereignty was the paramount objective. Jesus well knew that he must remain faithful until death at Satan’s hand, prophetically foretold as the bruising of the heel of the woman’s “seed," in order to prove God's right to rule and the righteousness of the True God's sovereignty. (Matthew 16:21; 17:12) He also had to bear witness to the fact that the Kingdom of God is the instrument empowered by Jehovah to subdue the rebel Satan and to restore peace and order to all creation. (Matthew 6:9, 10) What did Jesus do to fulfill this challenging mission?

To begin with, “Jesus went into Galilee, preaching the good news of God and saying: ‘The appointed time has been fulfilled, and the kingdom of God has drawn near.’” (Mark 1:14, 15) In fact, he said: “I must declare the good news of the kingdom of God, because for this I was sent forth.” (Luke 4:18-21, 43) Jesus traveled the length and breadth of the land, “preaching and declaring the good news of the kingdom of God.” (Luke 8:1) Jesus also performed many powerful works, feeding the crowds, taming the elements, curing the sick, and raising the dead. By means of these miracles, Jesus proved that God can undo all the damage and suffering that resulted from the Edenic rebellion and thus “break up the works of the Devil.” 1 John 3:8.

To have the Kingdom good news declared to the fullest extent possible, Jesus gathered a group of faithful followers and trained them in that work. First, he commissioned his 12 apostles and “sent them forth to preach the kingdom of God.” (Luke 9:1, 2) Then, he sent forth 70 others to declare the message: “The kingdom of God has come near to you.” (Luke 10:1, 8, 9) When these disciples returned and reported to Jesus the success they had had in the Kingdom preaching work, he responded: “I began to behold Satan already fallen like lightning from heaven.” Luke 10:17, 18.

Jesus spared no effort and passed up no opportunity to bear witness to the Kingdom. He worked incessantly, laboring day and night, even forgoing the normal comforts of life. “Foxes have dens and birds of heaven have roosts, but the Son of man has nowhere to lay down his head,” he said. (Luke 9:58; Mark 6:31; John 4:31-34) Jesus boldly stated before Pontius Pilate: “For this I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth.” (John 18:37) Jesus’ entire life course demonstrated that he came, not simply to be a great teacher or a miracle worker or even just a self-sacrificing Savior, but to uphold Jehovah’s sovereign will and to bear witness to God’s ability to fulfill that will through the Kingdom. John 14:6.

All that Jesus did with regard to the Kingdom did not sit well with the Adversary, Satan the Devil. Repeatedly, by means of the earthly part of his “seed," both political and religious, Satan attempted to silence the “seed” of God’s woman. From the time of his birth to the end of his earthly life, Jesus was the target of Satan and his cohorts. Finally, in the spring of 33 C.E., the time had come for the Son of man to be delivered into the hands of the Adversary to be bruised in the heel by him. (Matthew 20:18, 19; Luke 18:31-33) The Gospel accounts clearly show how people, from Judas Iscariot to the chief priests, scribes, Pharisees, and Romans, were manipulated by Satan to condemn Jesus and subject him to a painful death. Acts 2:22, 23.

What comes to your mind when you think of Jesus, suffering a slow and agonizing death? Perhaps you remember the ransom sacrifice that Jesus unselfishly gave in behalf of sinful mankind. (Matthew 20:28; John 15:13) You may marvel at the great love that Jehovah showed in providing that sacrifice. (John 3:16) Perhaps you feel as did the Roman army officer who was moved to say: “Certainly this was God’s Son.” (Matthew 27:54) All of these surely are fitting responses. On the other hand, recall that Jesus’ last words before he died were: “It has been accomplished!” (John 19:30) What had been accomplished? While Jesus achieved many things by his life and death, was it not primarily for settling the issue of Jehovah’s sovereignty that Jesus came to earth? And was it not foretold that as the “seed,” he would suffer the extreme test at Satan’s hands so as to clear Jehovah’s name of all reproach? (Isaiah 53:3-7) These were weighty responsibilities, yet Jesus fulfilled them in every respect.

For his faithfulness and loyalty, Jesus was resurrected, not as a human, but as “a life giving spirit.” (1 Corinthians 15:45; 1 Peter 3:18) Jehovah’s promise to his glorified Son was: “Sit at my right hand until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.” (Psalm 110:1) The “enemies” include the chief culprit, Satan, and all those making up his “seed.” As King of Jehovah’s Messianic Kingdom, Jesus Christ will take the lead in bringing all rebels to nothing, in heaven and on earth. (Revelation 12:7-9; 19:11-16; 20:1-3, 10) Then will come the complete fulfillment of the prophecy at Genesis 3:15 as well as of the prayer that Jesus taught his followers: “Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.” Matthew 6:10; Philippians 2:8-11.

Today, the good news of the Kingdom is being preached in many lands, as Jesus prophesied it would be. (Matthew 24:14) As a result, millions of people have dedicated their life to God. They are excited about the blessings that the Kingdom will bring. They look forward to living forever in peace and security on a paradise earth, and they joyfully tell others about their hope. (Psalm 37:11; 2 Peter 3:13)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Jesus reality was a living witness of God's Kingdom....in a word, liberation from all that oppresses.

Reactions: Brakelite

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The life and power that people will experience in eternity...today!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Pilate asked a similar question. "Are you are king then"?
"Indeed I am" Jesus replied. "But My kingdom is not of this world".
Jesus came to reveal the principles of the kingdom of God. A heavenly mindset that was completely opposite to the principles that governed earthly kingdoms.
In short, living a life of self sacrificing love. Jesus demonstrated this in His life, and in His death. This revealed a principle of God's own character that Israel had never fully understood, and that the church today struggles with.
And if we don't perfect that same mindset now, them we will not be ready to live in God's kingdom tomorrow.
When the scribe asked Jesus, "what must I do to be saved"? Jesus said, "keep the Commandments".
"I have kept them from my youth" he replied.
"If thou be perfect, sell what you have and give to the poor."
KJV Colossians 3:12-14
12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea, so how did this involve faith in Jesus for salvation without the understanding of his Death and resurrection for our sins?

You did not completely read my post!

[Remember Jesus sent the twelve out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to perform healing… (Luke 9:1) all without understanding about His death on the cross for the sins of the world.] John 20:9 For as yet they did not understand the Scripture, that He must rise again from the dead.

Try again... What did they teach for 3 years... without understanding Jesus is dying for your sins!!!
Actually I did but I’ll be glad to clarify it better.

This is actually an easy question to answer.

What you have to do is believe that Jesus is the son of God, to be saved and enter the kingdom..

1Jn 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

1Jn 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

1Jn 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

1Jn 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good News of God's kingdom part 3 of 3

A

The visible outpouring of holy spirit upon Jesus identified him as the Anointed One, which term means Messiah, or Christ. (John 1:33) At long last, the promised “seed” had appeared! Standing before John the Baptizer was the one whose heel was to be bruised by Satan and who was to bruise the head of that archenemy of Jehovah and His sovereignty. (Genesis 3:15) From that point on, Jesus was fully aware that he must endeavor to fulfill Jehovah’s purpose regarding His sovereignty and the Kingdom.

To be prepared for the task at hand, “Jesus, full of holy spirit, turned away from the Jordan, and he was led about by the spirit in the wilderness.” (Luke 4:1; Mark 1:12) There, for 40 days Jesus had time to meditate deeply on the issue of sovereignty raised by Satan and on the course that He had to take to uphold Jehovah’s sovereignty. That issue involves all intelligent creatures in heaven and on earth. So we do well to consider Jesus’ faithful course and see what we must do to show that we too wish to uphold Jehovah’s sovereignty.. Job 1:6-12; 2:2-6.

None of the events just mentioned escaped Satan’s notice. Wasting no time, he launched his attack on the principal “seed” of God’s “woman.” (Genesis 3:15) Satan tempted Jesus three times, proposing that Jesus should do what seemed advantageous to him instead of what his Father wanted him to do. The third temptation in particular brought the issue of sovereignty to the fore. Showing Jesus “all the kingdoms of the world and their glory,” Satan blatantly said to Jesus: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.” Fully aware that the Devil did indeed have control over “all the kingdoms of the world,” Jesus showed where He stood on the issue of sovereignty by replying: “Go away, Satan! For it is written, ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’” Matthew 4:8-10.

Jesus’ life course demonstrated clearly that for him, upholding Jehovah’s sovereignty was the paramount objective. Jesus well knew that he must remain faithful until death at Satan’s hand, prophetically foretold as the bruising of the heel of the woman’s “seed," in order to prove God's right to rule and the righteousness of the True God's sovereignty. (Matthew 16:21; 17:12) He also had to bear witness to the fact that the Kingdom of God is the instrument empowered by Jehovah to subdue the rebel Satan and to restore peace and order to all creation. (Matthew 6:9, 10) What did Jesus do to fulfill this challenging mission?

To begin with, “Jesus went into Galilee, preaching the good news of God and saying: ‘The appointed time has been fulfilled, and the kingdom of God has drawn near.’” (Mark 1:14, 15) In fact, he said: “I must declare the good news of the kingdom of God, because for this I was sent forth.” (Luke 4:18-21, 43) Jesus traveled the length and breadth of the land, “preaching and declaring the good news of the kingdom of God.” (Luke 8:1) Jesus also performed many powerful works, feeding the crowds, taming the elements, curing the sick, and raising the dead. By means of these miracles, Jesus proved that God can undo all the damage and suffering that resulted from the Edenic rebellion and thus “break up the works of the Devil.” 1 John 3:8.

To have the Kingdom good news declared to the fullest extent possible, Jesus gathered a group of faithful followers and trained them in that work. First, he commissioned his 12 apostles and “sent them forth to preach the kingdom of God.” (Luke 9:1, 2) Then, he sent forth 70 others to declare the message: “The kingdom of God has come near to you.” (Luke 10:1, 8, 9) When these disciples returned and reported to Jesus the success they had had in the Kingdom preaching work, he responded: “I began to behold Satan already fallen like lightning from heaven.” Luke 10:17, 18.

Jesus spared no effort and passed up no opportunity to bear witness to the Kingdom. He worked incessantly, laboring day and night, even forgoing the normal comforts of life. “Foxes have dens and birds of heaven have roosts, but the Son of man has nowhere to lay down his head,” he said. (Luke 9:58; Mark 6:31; John 4:31-34) Jesus boldly stated before Pontius Pilate: “For this I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth.” (John 18:37) Jesus’ entire life course demonstrated that he came, not simply to be a great teacher or a miracle worker or even just a self-sacrificing Savior, but to uphold Jehovah’s sovereign will and to bear witness to God’s ability to fulfill that will through the Kingdom. John 14:6.

All that Jesus did with regard to the Kingdom did not sit well with the Adversary, Satan the Devil. Repeatedly, by means of the earthly part of his “seed," both political and religious, Satan attempted to silence the “seed” of God’s woman. From the time of his birth to the end of his earthly life, Jesus was the target of Satan and his cohorts. Finally, in the spring of 33 C.E., the time had come for the Son of man to be delivered into the hands of the Adversary to be bruised in the heel by him. (Matthew 20:18, 19; Luke 18:31-33) The Gospel accounts clearly show how people, from Judas Iscariot to the chief priests, scribes, Pharisees, and Romans, were manipulated by Satan to condemn Jesus and subject him to a painful death. Acts 2:22, 23.

What comes to your mind when you think of Jesus, suffering a slow and agonizing death? Perhaps you remember the ransom sacrifice that Jesus unselfishly gave in behalf of sinful mankind. (Matthew 20:28; John 15:13) You may marvel at the great love that Jehovah showed in providing that sacrifice. (John 3:16) Perhaps you feel as did the Roman army officer who was moved to say: “Certainly this was God’s Son.” (Matthew 27:54) All of these surely are fitting responses. On the other hand, recall that Jesus’ last words before he died were: “It has been accomplished!” (John 19:30) What had been accomplished? While Jesus achieved many things by his life and death, was it not primarily for settling the issue of Jehovah’s sovereignty that Jesus came to earth? And was it not foretold that as the “seed,” he would suffer the extreme test at Satan’s hands so as to clear Jehovah’s name of all reproach? (Isaiah 53:3-7) These were weighty responsibilities, yet Jesus fulfilled them in every respect.

For his faithfulness and loyalty, Jesus was resurrected, not as a human, but as “a life giving spirit.” (1 Corinthians 15:45; 1 Peter 3:18) Jehovah’s promise to his glorified Son was: “Sit at my right hand until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.” (Psalm 110:1) The “enemies” include the chief culprit, Satan, and all those making up his “seed.” As King of Jehovah’s Messianic Kingdom, Jesus Christ will take the lead in bringing all rebels to nothing, in heaven and on earth. (Revelation 12:7-9; 19:11-16; 20:1-3, 10) Then will come the complete fulfillment of the prophecy at Genesis 3:15 as well as of the prayer that Jesus taught his followers: “Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.” Matthew 6:10; Philippians 2:8-11.

Today, the good news of the Kingdom is being preached in many lands, as Jesus prophesied it would be. (Matthew 24:14) As a result, millions of people have dedicated their life to God. They are excited about the blessings that the Kingdom will bring. They look forward to living forever in peace and security on a paradise earth, and they joyfully tell others about their hope. (Psalm 37:11; 2 Peter 3:13)

The OP question doesn’t require a thousand word copy and paste from the watchtower.

Belief Jesus is the son of God got them into the kingdom of God/Christ/heaven, during the three years of Jesus’ ministry, before His death on the cross:

1Jn 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

1Jn 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

1Jn 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

1Jn 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

When one is born again through faith in Jesus, they enter the kingdom then.

It’s a spiritual kingdom now, and will become a literal and physical kingdom when Jesus returns, and believers will then be in His physical kingdom in their glorified and eternal bodies that will be just like the one Jesus rose in.

And yes, I have scriptures that back that up.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OP question doesn’t require a thousand word copy and paste from the watchtower.

Belief Jesus is the son of God got them into the kingdom of God/Christ/heaven, during the three years of Jesus’ ministry, before His death on the cross:

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

When one is born again through faith in Jesus, they enter the kingdom then.

It’s a spiritual kingdom now, and will become a literal and physical kingdom when Jesus returns, and believers will then be in His physical kingdom in their glorified and eternal bodies that will be just like the one Jesus rose in.

And yes, I have scriptures that back that up.

Those who are the anointed that are born again do not enter the kingdom when they are baptized or anointed with Holy Spirit. It's those who are saved that get into the kingdom. The scriptures make it clear when it says at Matthew 10:22- "The one who has endured to the end will be saved.” The scriptures show that those who are born again, those who are anointed with God's Holy Spirit will be kings, priests and judges in that Messianic kingdom, but that doesn't happen until they are resurrected from the dead. So those who are the anointed they are anointed with God Holy Spirit, they are the ones who are called, God bears witness with his Holy Spirit to the individual spirit that God is calling them, they answer that call but they must be faithful to that call to the end to be saved.
The Messianic Kingdom is a heavenly kingdom and will remain a heavenly kingdom. Jesus will never again come with a body of flesh and rule on earth. He and the anointed will rule over earth from that heavenly messianic Kingdom. At John 14:19 Jesus said before he sacrificed himself that the world would see him no more. His Apostles and disciples would see him but not anyone else.

Last edited: