If all children go to Heaven and if Hell is forever then it seems that it's GOOD when children die, right?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cross the street? Seems more like you are on a path to the other side of the Earth. Enjoy your stay. I won’t be thinking of you.
"They'll know we are Christians by our love, by our love..." (everybody sing)

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Impressive you whined about not having Scriptural references.
Not true.
I wanted biblical evidence. (not vague references)
Still waiting.

Now she will accuse me of being too lazy to look them up. (place your bets) - LOL

/

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not true.
I wanted biblical evidence. (not vague references)
Still waiting.

Now she will accuse me of being too lazy to look them up. (place your bets) - LOL

/
:rolleyes:

Dante’s inferno of losing hope is funny to you.
Trolling, Accusing is your effort revealed.
Too preoccupied with your own trolling to Read and Verify Scripture for yourself and making bets AS IF others are REQUIRED to work for sloths.

Not impressed.

Pss 37
[4] He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Difference between one who reveals he is a lazy whiner and one who reveals their actions are noble.

Acts 17:
[11] These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and (they) searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apologies for carrying on with a troll deflecting from the Thread Title.

Reactions: Nancy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By that warped theology, Christians should kill their babies so that they are guaranteed to go to Heaven instead of risking an "eternity" in Hell by growing into adulthood and rejecting God and being condemned, right?

Of course, there is also the belief of predestiny where some little kiddies get sent to Hell FOREVER to be punished for things they didn't actually do but would have done, right?

Those doctrines are sound, theological, thought but the belief that Jesus will eventually save ALL people (as the Bible CLEARLY states) is crazy, right?

Most of you here think you are NOT of this world but you follow the world's version of Christianity, which isn't Christ's version.

@St. SteVen
Unless “children” has another meaning in “hurt not the little children” … what was He teaching His disciples when He said “refuse not the children to come to Me.” 1 Corinthians 8:4-13 to me…Therefore, as to the eating of food offered to idols, we know that "an idol has no real existence," and that "there is no God but one." [5] For although there may be so-called gods in heaven or on earth-as indeed there are many "gods" and many "lords"- [6] yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist. [7] However, not all possess this knowledge. But some, through former association with idols, eat food as really offered to an idol, and their conscience, being weak, is defiled. [8] Food will not commend us to God. We are no worse off if we do not eat, and no better off if we do. [9] But take care that this right of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak. [10] For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idol's temple, will he not be encouraged, if his conscience is weak, to eat food offered to idols? [11] And so by your knowledge this weak person is destroyed, the brother for whom Christ died. [12] Thus, sinning against your brothers and wounding their conscience when it is weak, you sin against Christ. [13] Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble.

Point is …in the above I see another definition for “child” or “children” or “babes”…or more specific “Newborns”

1 Corinthians 3:1-3 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. [2] I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto you were not able to bear it, neither yet now are you able. [3] For you are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are you not carnal, and walk as men?

1 Peter 2:1-2 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, [2] As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that you may grow thereby:

If I understand correctly, what you said in the OP, this was to drive a point home?: Christians should kill their babies so that they are guaranteed to go to Heaven instead of risking an "eternity" in Hell by growing into adulthood and rejecting God and being condemned, right?”…great post by the way.

In the verses above …even the weak brother…even those carnal needing to be spoken to as carnal and not Spiritual… The Word warns to not harm or hurt them or you sin against Christ for they are babes or “newborns” for whom Christ died. Same as you pointed out about literal newborns and why don’t parents go ahead and kill them before they have the chance to grow and possibly reject God? There Paul sits with a “newborn” and says (Imo)something unheard of…paraphrasing what I think Paul is saying inspired by the Spirit of God… YES they are yet carnal. Yes they are newborns where not everyone has the knowledge you have, but do not use that knowledge to harm “newborns” for whom Christ died or you yourself “sin against Christ” and by doing so “you sin against your own body” —the body of Christ. That which Christ had the power to lay down and has the power to take it up again. Why not go ahead and kill the weak brother before that one weak has the time to grow to reject God? But no the instruction is “don’t kill a newborn” for whom Christ died. I can speculate that if you do kill that carnal yet weak brother …because Christ died for him…what more is necessary? One) Paul is learning obedience unto Christ. Two) to kill a “newborn” is basically saying Christ can’t care for “newborns” and that Charity (Paul’s towards the weak brother) is powerless to “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” …”should it not be that those who have strength help those who are weak?”

Long way around an reply. But we want to say it’s literal “newborns” and I’m not suggesting Jesus doesn’t love the little children …but “I had to speak to you yet as carnal and not Spiritual. Because you are not able to bear yet.” Notice then is it wrong to speak to them concerning literal “newborns” as Jesus did speak to them who were yet carnal sitting a newborn or even this is debated …was it a “newborn” or a “child” what age was the one He set on his lap and showed compassion? Does the age matter? Only if it is carnal…then yeah it’s debated “a newborn” or a six year old? BUT i do think the word gives a definition of “newborns” and oh wow! The word tells followers of Christ to not sin against one whom Christ died …even though yet weak, even though yet carnal …even though “I can’t yet talk to you concerning the Spiritual but speak to you as babes” …those are off limits to be harmed …that is the real question in how many even here in this board don’t toss the baby (newborns) out with the water. We debate “sin” in do we sin or do we not sin …but it is difficult to debate that if you claim to have strength and don’t support ..having charity “I was naked and you clothed Me. I was hungry and you fed Me. I was homeless and you brought Me into your house. I tell you…if you do it to the least of these you have done it as unto Me.” … If you don’t have Charity towards those who a yet weak in Christ, yet without strength…then I sin against Christ. As He also confirmed “if you do it not unto the least of these, you did it not as unto Me.”

Suffer the children to come unto Me?

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jun and Auntie,and others here who are also Jehovah Witnesses (JW's founded in 1884) do not believe in the divinity of Jesus.
I am not sure that Jun is a JW, although Jack is good at thinking that everyone who disagrees with his version of Christianity must of necessity be a JW....he is just a blind hater.

The fact is, we do believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ...what we reject is his deity...something that the Bible does not confirm, but in many scriptures denies.

If the scriptures identify Jesus as “the son of God” and this is what Jesus called himself, how did Jesus get to BE God? The church made him into a deity, but the Bible never did. Not once is he ever called “Jehovah” or “God the Son” because he is not either of those.
Jesus is also called “God’s holy servant” (Acts 4:27) God God be his own servant?
He is also called an “apostle” and a “High Priest” (Hebrews 3:1) which are roles of service to God....again can God be his own servants?

Is the word “theos” (god in Greek) confined to describing only Jehovah? No! In fact it is a word that is used for God, Jesus, angels, and even human judges because of their having divine authority.
Jesus said that “all authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth” (Matt 28:18) So please tell me how God gives authority to himself? If he was given all that authority, then he did not have it before....proving that he is not God.....
They believe Archangel Michael left Heaven and was "miraculously conceived by the Virgin Mary.
Actually, it was the pre-human Jesus that was “begotten” long before he became an embryo in Mary’s womb. Col 1:15-17 tells us that he is the “firstborn of ALL creation” which makes him the first of that creation, Jesus confirmed this in Rev 3:14 where he calls himself “the beginning of God’s creation”.

You see, theology will not tell you where your own beliefs come from. They will only show you scriptures that give you a distorted view of everything.....this creates confusion and we can see that Christendom is founded on it. There is little agreement except in the introduced doctrines of the Catholic Church which were taken along by her ‘daughters’ in the Reformation......i.e.....the triune nature of God...immortality of the soul.....and hellfire. None of which were taught in God’s word.

The thing I find most interesting is that people will read all the things our opposers say about us, and quote what they say as if it were gospel truth, but rarely ask us about any of it. Asking an opposer to describe people they don’t like is like asking the Pharisees what they thought of Jesus and his apostles, whom they accused of apostasy.....but who were the real apostates?

If Jesus said in John 15:18-21 that his disciples would be treated like he was, then look for the persecuted and hated minority....not the hateful majority who will swallow anything they are told without first checking to see if it is true.
They believe what their official bible, The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures. Which has changed certain traditional scriptures so to keep to and further the JW teachings.
I will again challenge anyone to offer any place where they believe we have altered anything in the Bible to suit our beliefs. But be prepared to find out how many of the same things are in your own trusted versions of the scriptures. It’s a rough trip if you want to take it. Genuine truth seekers will.
Other Protestant denominations disagree. And that is why we will be in conflict.
The mere fact that you have “Protestant denominations” in the first place should alert those who are truth seekers to the fact that there is no such thing as a “Christian denomination” (Protestant or not) as if the truth can be divided in a thousand different ways.....there is just truth or falsehood.....nothing in between is the full truth and half truths are no better than lies. (1 Cor 1:10) So we have to decide whether we are part of that disunited rabble, believing all manner of different things whilst still claiming to be the united “body of Christ”, or whether we are are on “the cramped and narrow road to life”...it is “cramped and narrow” for a reason.

When you get your information from the horse’s mouth, then you might see that the truth has been hiding in plain sight all along.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure that Jun is a JW, although Jack is good at thinking that everyone who disagrees with his version of Christianity must of necessity be a JW....he is just a blind hater.
If I hated you I wouldn't be trying to pull you from the fire.
The fact is, we do believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ...what we reject is his deity...something that the Bible does not confirm, but in many scriptures denies.
IOW, you reject your own bible that says Jesus is God and Hell is everlasting. Visiting Kingdom Hall was the worst mistake JW's ever made!

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 25:46
Easy-to-Read Version
46 “Then these evil people will go away to be punished forever. But the godly people will go and enjoy eternal life.”

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 25:46
Easy-to-Read Version
46 “Then these evil people will go away to be punished forever. But the godly people will go and enjoy eternal life.
God's love and mercy is more than punishment for ever! What does Scripture stipulate?: "The wages of sin is death."

Revelation 21:4 reads:

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

What a loving God! Even in the death of the wicked His love shines through.

To God Be The Glory

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's love and mercy is more than punishment for ever! What does Scripture stipulate?: "The wages of sin is death."

Revelation 21:4 reads:

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

What a loving God! Even in the death of the wicked His love shines through.

To God Be The Glory
Aren't you the one who believes babies burn in Hell?

Last edited: