If I'm a sinner how can I be saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Other verses debunk Mark 16:16 and Acts 2:38?

Which ones?
well, i wouldnt say debunk necessarily, but maybe more like call for a refining of our definitions? We could maybe list all of the ways that one might be "saved" according to Scripture, and i would suggest even seeking what the def of "saved" is, as there seems to be quite a bit of variance in that?

What does "saved" mean, iyo?

"He saved others," they said, "but he can't save himself!"

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
for me it's all about repentance repentance is the main key to salvation next is christ God knows your heart so if you are not sincere about helping the poor or visiting jail then don't do it he knows you don't want to but you can force yourself if you are required to because it is written God knows you do not want to do this but you are doing this because of his word not that you want to show the people you are a true christian but because of God i think he will be pleased by this

so let's stop being a liar infront of God and stop being a good person infront of a creature stop the useless courtesy but start being honest in the presence of God
useless courtesy? i kind of get you though maybe
Yah knows you do not want to do this? hmm

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, i wouldnt say debunk necessarily, but maybe more like call for a refining of our definitions? We could maybe list all of the ways that one might be "saved" according to Scripture, and i would suggest even seeking what the def of "saved" is, as there seems to be quite a bit of variance in that?

What does "saved" mean, iyo?

"He saved others," they said, "but he can't save himself!"
How do you "refine" Mark 16:16 and Acts 2:38 to not say what they appear to say?

What method do we use?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not one of the doctrine where I say I'm saved, I like to leave that up to God and just say I'm a sinner and need to be saved.
God is of course the Judge, He Decides your destination, what your eternity or any time will be like,
always as He Says In His Word.

Still , also, God Is Alive - you can talk to Him.... or hope to, today, soon, maybe tomorrow ?

What He Says , no matter what, is what happens.

Reactions: theophilus

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
useless courtesy? i kind of get you though maybe
Yah knows you do not want to do this? hmm
useless because why do you need to be polite? to show the people you are holy? did the apostles in the bible been using courtesy? they are using harsh words to slap the people awake that is also why a lot of people hated them because of christ and just like that preacher who is in this world he was banished from a certain country because he corrected all false religion and attack them with truth that is found in the bible just like how they did in the times when christ was still alive in the flesh

i want to do this i want to show myself i am right if i am wrong i can accept it if you can enlighten me

Reactions: Joseph77

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Not exactly. But everyone who came to Jesus to be healed was healed.

Those who did not do as He says though, they walked away sad - not helped.

Those who did not listen when He says "go and sin no more", got worse... if they sinned again wilfully.. rebelling against Him, and maybe not even so strongly put. ...as Jesus said "lest your future state becomes worse than your past state" ...
and that's why i am worser than before
but amadeus keep saying talk to God don't give up on talking to God even if God does not hear you continue talk to him

and i think i finally exposed the demons inside of me just yesterday i felt them a few sec they responded in my thoughts they respond with feelings they send me their feelings i see now no wonder it was so foreign the first time i felt those feeling it was full of desire i see now it was not from me it was from them

so it means they can see my thoughts?
they can see the heart then?
if it's really not from me
or they can see because they are living in the temple supposedly provided for the holy spirit but i let them in instead?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is likely something you've never learned from Orthodoxy, but it comes straight out of the Word of God.

First things first. We can try to turn away from sin, but we are only successful AFTER we have received the Holy Spirit. So true repentance is not turning away from sin all by yourself. Repentance is acknowledging you are a sinner and that you can't stop sinning on your own.

Next, after this acknowledgement that you are weak, it is then you cry out to Jesus to free you from your desire to sin. Jesus fills you with His own Spirit that cannot sin, and it empowers you to be able to turn away from sin because you've been born again with a new nature that partakes of the divine nature of Christ. In other words, we MUST be born again and baptized with God's Spirit to have any hope of being saved.

Understand? Ananias and Sapphira were filled with the Spirit, and willfully lied anyway. They quenched the Spirit. Hebrews 10:26-31 (We have been warned to never grieve or quench the Spirit, and for good reason!)

26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Everyone has a conscience, but the Spirit will super-sensitize your conscience, so NEVER go against your conscience. It is your jet-fueled conscience that prevents you from committing sins unto death. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

What are the details leading up to your visit from the Father? I'd like to know.

What led up to the visit? I led a sinful life during my youth. Then turned to God and lived a good life serving God. Then trials hit and I lost everything, even homeless for a time. Then he visited. This was all over the course of about 45 years.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What led up to the visit? I led a sinful life during my youth. Then turned to God and lived a good life serving God. Then trials hit and I lost everything, even homeless for a time. Then he visited. This was all over the course of about 45 years.

I've never seen Him, but the night I was born again in 1977, He gave me a vision, and spoke to me clearly 8 sentences. Then He filled me to overflowing with His Spirit, and all my desire to sin suddenly left. For the 30 years before that I went to church every week, but couldn't stop sinning. It was horrifying to know that during that first 30 years I wasn't born again, nor filled with the Spirit. I was lost.

I hope my post helped unravel "repentance."

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read this Luke 18:9-14 and it gives me hope, but then I read this and think I'm doomed Matthew 25:31-46.

I'm not the best at helping the poor and I don't visit people in jail or the sick too much. I do help people when I can.

So the thread is about what people think is required for salvation. I'm not real versed in this and my current views are orthodox, but this thread should be for all to express their opinions and debate how we can be saved.

I'm not one of the doctrine where I say I'm saved, I like to leave that up to God and just say I'm a sinner and need to be saved.

What are your beliefs?
I have a question for you D, it's pertaining to the scripture you posted from Matthew,,
Do you believe Jesus is sitting on His throne?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but amadeus keep saying talk to God don't give up on talking to God even if God does not hear you continue talk to him

and i think i finally exposed the demons inside of me just yesterday i felt them a few sec they responded in my thoughts they respond with feelings they send me their feelings i see now no wonder it was so foreign the first time i felt those feeling it was full of desire i see now it was not from me it was from them

or they can see because they are living in the temple supposedly provided for the holy spirit but i let them in instead?

You should have Jesus in you 2 corinthians 13:5 so just ignore the devils.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
did the apostles in the bible been using courtesy? they are using harsh words to slap the people awake
hmm. got an example?

i want to do this i want to show myself i am right if i am wrong i can accept it if you can enlighten me
to that i would say Scripture is a much better guide, only i would recommend doing what Paul did, more or less; lose the middlemen iow, and be prepared to discard virtually everything they have taught us. I guess Paul purposely avoided getting with the other apostles for like three years?

ha, we are all possessed, or start that way i guess, ok?
seek, and you will find eh so imo talking to Yah is a great idea, yeh

Reactions: Waiting on him

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember and read about the rich man who walked away sad (instead of saved, instead of perfect, as Jesus had just told him what to do) . He had much possessions.

Not saying you have to agree but (imo) that the man was not helped is not so. Mark 10:21-22 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me. [22] And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.

Mark 10:26-27 And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved? [27] And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

Including that man.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
You should have Jesus in you 2 corinthians 13:5 so just ignore the devils.
ignore eh...easier said than done that is if you are aware it is the doing of the demons so what if just what if a demon clothe itself as a sheep and is fooling you would you be aware of it? it is feeding you truths to cover the lies just like a preacher this preacher preaching the truth in the bible but it modified a few things just because of it's own selfish desire that is concealed within it
the intention is good but it became bad because of the assistance of the devil it just want the listener to understand the true meaning of the verse based on it's own understanding but there was this thing it keeps ignoring because it thought it is from the devil it was this guilt of modifying a bit of the verses based on it's own understanding instead of just putting it in plain and exact

Reactions: bbyrd009

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not saying you have to agree but (imo) that the man was not helped is not so. Mark 10:21-22 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me. [22] And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.

Mark 10:26-27 And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved? [27] And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

Including that man.
Possibly grieved due to the fact he was about to sale all his possessions, if he had no conviction to sell them he wouldn't have been grieved. He'd have just walked away and said to himself yeah right:confused::rolleyes: