If The Foundations Are Destroyed, What Can The Righteous Do?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
The parabolic view undermines the veracity of the Bible and even the need for redemption. If Adam was a myth, so was the Fall. The central theme of Scripture, namely redemption, is also a myth. Christ's advent and death were all for nought. Scripture is simply mistaken about the source of sin and death. The remedy provided by Jesus is unnecessary. The reliability of Scripture and the history of redemption come tumbling down like a house of cards.

Putting our doctrinal differences to one side (for the moment) would you mind if we discussed your above comment? I claim little knowledge in scientific matters; I do however delight in the first three chapters of the Bible.
No doubt you would agree, if one approached those first three chapters like a scientific textbook they would be deemed fools.

I am interested in your comment in blue, if you could expand on how you see parabolic?

Insight

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am interested in your comment in blue, if you could expand on how you see parabolic?

Those who espouse theistic evolution realize that it's incompatible with Genesis as real history. They posit that the personages and events described in the opening chapters are not real, but merely symbolic of some greater reality that's being conveyed to mankind. This simply won't work for the reasons I outline in my article. You can't have your cake and eat it too in this case.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
If God gives us Genesis as his word, meaning that this is the way he desires it to be, this is his plan...

Was he somehow forced to do it differently so that it would work, because the outline of Genesis cannot be done by God?

To me the problem is that people don't believe God can do the impossible today, and so they don't believe it about Genesis either. It doesn't matter to me if someone has a set of beliefs or another as much as it matters if they have faith!

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Those who espouse theistic evolution realize that it's incompatible with Genesis as real history. They posit that the personages and events described in the opening chapters are not real, but merely symbolic of some greater reality that's being conveyed to mankind. This simply won't work for the reasons I outline in my article. You can't have your cake and eat it too in this case.

Nomad,

Thank you for the explanation.

Should you be interested in receiving a small library of articles and works relating to theism vs. atheism, simply PM an email address and I will send them over. I can see your intellectual appetite for these religious – Scientific debates are far greater than mine.

I am busy teaching young people (at present) on the things concerning the Kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ to invest the time to digest the plethora of arguments on this subject.

Let me know

Insight