If We Protestants Truly Hated Catholics...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I came so that they might have life and have it more abundantly.
Indeed! So it would have been in the beginning if they had eaten of the Tree of Life and left the other one alone. But... God had a plan and He had mercy and sent His Son so we could still obtain the more abundant Life.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since when is historic truth "venom"?

Luther as well as the rest of the Protestant faithful had to overcome a thousand years of the darkness of the Dark Ages - when the Papacy withdrew the Lamp of God from the faithful. To God be the glory that the confusion only lasted as briefly as it did.
That's just it, Phoney - there is no "historical truth" here.

Johann Tetzel was committing ABUSES. He was not representing the Church's policies - but his own.

As for Luther and the "Protestant faithful" - how is yanking seven Books of God's Sacred Scriptures "bringing the Lamp of God" to the people?? Your "facts" are nothing bu fairy tales . . .

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THE PARANOID FUNNYMENTALIST
ATTACK ON A CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION, THE KofC
Yes, rollo, I am. Based on what I have seen in your posts, everything you have been told about the KofC is a lie.
There are no secret oaths. Meetings are once a month for 2 hours, and we pray before and after each meeting. Wives are welcome to attend.

It raises money to support a variety of other charities, including Protestant projects. It's not much different than any men's fellowship of any Protestant church, but fundies don't attack them.

KofC charitable activities encompass an almost infinite variety of local, national and international projects. Our own unique charities include the Christian Refugee Relief Fund, Disaster Relief, Ultrasound Initiative, and Coats for Kids. We also partner with international charities including Special Olympics, the Global Wheelchair Mission and Habitat for Humanity.

Through our Building the Domestic Church initiative, Knights and their families have greater opportunities to participate in a variety of activities that deepen their faith, promote the New Evangelization, and strengthen our parishes. These activities include the Family Fully Alive Devotional Program, Father's Day Affirmation of Wedding Vows, Food for Families and the Keep Christ in Christmas Campaign.
Sorry if that is an offense to your church's mentality.

We are answering Pope Francis’ call to go to the peripheries,” Supreme Knight Carl Anderson said. “We can reach half way around the globe to help those in need and we can reach to our neighbor next door. And we do that every day. That makes us witnesses to the faith."

Rollo, he weird external traditions and the initiation ceremonies are not evil, they are Christ centered, and they are NOT the essence of the Knights, contrary to the psychotic babbling of anti-Catholics.
One more thing. Anti-Catholics like to equate the Knights with the FreeMasons, which is a whole new level of stupid. A Catholic who joins Freemason is automatically excommunicated.

I never got an answer to my question last week on the other thread.
Hebrews 13:17 "Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you."

What is the expiration date of this verse?

You said you would consult with your magisterium (staff).
I don't think they can answer it either.
Put it in the right thread and you'll get an answer.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See?
You say I make sense.
I am teaching you.
You are learning.
How is telling you that you're NOT equipped to give an intelligent answer saying that you "make sense."

When do you resume your high school schedule? Next month or in September?

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How would YOU know?
As it happens - I have read pretty much EVERY encyclical in existence. MY mistake was in assuming that you would understand the context in which it was written.

Now that you've danced around this issue yet again - please answer my previous question:
Can you explain to me why this has NOT been used since - and WHY is it not considered an official title of the Church?
romanist is an official title.
that's all that matters.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is telling you that you're NOT equipped to give an intelligent answer saying that you "make sense."

When do you resume your high school schedule? Next month or in September?
I have one opening right now.
\Just for you.
I'm teaching on the romanists role in the end of times.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
foolish talk
you take secret oaths, unless you haven't advanced that far
You think I don't know about the Knights of columbus because I'm not a member
They threatened me with personal harm once because I was preaching the Gospel to one of their members
They don't allow that

My mother use to take me there to bingo on a weeknight now and then
They called themselves Jesuits and the army of the catholic church
Maybe they've toned things down these days, just like the KKK.
What an idiotic response.
Spoken like yet another ignorant person who has NO idea what "Jesuit" means.

Jesuits (The Society of Jesus) are a Priestly order - NOT a Lay order.
The K of C would have to be an organization of priests before it could be considered a "Jesuit" order, Einstein.

Furthermore - NOBODY threatened you with "personal harm". Since you have such a prolific pattern of lying on this forum - MOST of what you say can be considered to be lies . . .

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HOW old are you?
My guess is 15 or 16 because no adult should be this dense.
Let's see, definitions of romanist
1. Offensive one who professes roman catholicism
2. a roman catholic
3. Disparaging (a term used to refer to a member of the roman catholic church)
4. of or relating to or supporting the roman catholic church

Yes, I would say you are a romanist.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have one opening right now.
\Just for you.
I'm teaching on the romanists role in the end of times.
"One opening"??
What are you talking about??

I simply asked you when you were going back to 10th or 11th grade.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's see, definitions of romanist
1. Offensive one who professes roman catholicism
2. a roman catholic
3. Disparaging (a term used to refer to a member of the roman catholic church)
4. of or relating to or supporting the roman catholic church

Yes, I would say you are a romanist.
Either grow up or get help.

Not sure why or how a 16 year-old like you would be so angry - but I CAN understand why you would be so clueless.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you just don't understand who the sheep and goats represent. God bless :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Sheep are the obedient (faithful) ones who will be rewarded with eternal life with God.
Goats are the disobedient who will be condemned to Hell.

YOUR problem is that you actually believe that you can be a Goat and STILL be saved.
Good luck with that . . .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luther and Calvin were men of God.
They were not perfect in their teachings.
Shown me where they say they were perfect in their teachings?
The pope on the other hand says he speaks from God, and when he does, it is perfect truth.
How disgusting.
David Koresh said the same thing.
Luther and Calvin were militants against the Catholic Church.

It seems to me that you believe as long as one is militant against the Catholic Church it is OK with it you but if one is militant against you or your ilk you are not OK with it???

Hmmmmm........Double standard???

Mary