If We Protestants Truly Hated Catholics...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
....... using parables to prove your false theology. Giving your life to Jesus Christ is much better. God bless.

Jesus used parables.
Who are you to discredit Jesus Christ?

You think people would react to this right away and accept Christ as their Saviour?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Jesus used parables.
Who are you to discredit Jesus Christ?

You think people would react to this right away and accept Christ as their Saviour?

It's not discrediting, it's using them in context. Using them to prove that Jesus didn't die for future sins is poor context.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Thanks for that utterly useless information.
We're talking about PARABLES - not Fables.

According to Newadvent Catholic Encyclopedia - a "Parable" is defined as:
The word parable (Hebrew mashal; Syrian mathla, Greek parabole) signifies in general a comparison, or a parallel, by which one thing is used to illustrate another. It is a likeness taken from the sphere of real, or sensible, or earthly incidents, in order to convey an ideal, or spiritual, or heavenly meaning.

From the King James Bible Dictionary:
An utterance that involves a comparison.

From Smith's Bible Dictionary:
(The word parable is in Greek parable (parabole ) which signifies placing beside or together, a comparison, a parable is therefore literally a placing beside, a comparison, a similitude, an illustration of one subject by another. --McClintock and Strong. As used in the New Testament it had a very wide application, being applied sometimes to the shortest proverbs, (1 Samuel 10:12 ; 24:13 ; 2 Chronicles 7:20) sometimes to dark prophetic utterances, (Numbers 23:7 Numbers 23:18 ;24:3 ; Ezekiel 20:49) sometimes to enigmatic maxims, (Psalms 78:2 ; Proverbs 1:6) or metaphors expanded into a narrative. (Ezekiel 12:22)

The parable differs from the fable (1) in excluding brute and inanimate creatures passing out of the laws of their nature and speaking or acting like men; (2) in its higher ethical significance. It differs from the allegory in that the latter, with its direct personification of ideas or attributes, and the names which designate them, involves really no comparison. The virtues and vices of mankind appear as in a drama, in their own character and costume. The allegory is self-interpreting; the parable demands attention, insight, sometimes an actual explanation. It differs from a proverb in that it must include a similitude of some kind, while the proverb may assert, without a similitude, some wide generalization of experience.)

Parables convey TRUTH by comparison - NOT fantasy.
The Parable of the Sheep and the Goats compares what will happen to those who are obedient - as opposed to those who are disobedient. It shows that their salvation or damnation depends on it.

You're trying to prove that Jesus didn't die for future sins through parables. FALSE and hilarious. :rolleyes:

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Actually - it's YOU seems desperate to discredit the parables of Jesus as simple "fantasy" to support your man-made OSAS perversions . . .

It's not discrediting, it's using them in context. Using them to prove that Jesus didn't die for future sins is poor context.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're trying to prove that Jesus didn't die for future sins through parables. FALSE and hilarious.

WHERE are you getting that??
This is complete nonsense because I never claimed that.

Jesus died and paid for for ALL sins. This does NOT mean, however, that ALL of your future sins are "automatically" forgiven. This still requires confession and repentance upon committing them.

You don't get a "free pass" simply because you are a Christian.
In fact - Christians are even held to a HIGHER standard . . .

Luke 12:48
From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

Reactions: Triumph1300

Nov 2, 2016
USA
WHERE are you getting that??
This is complete nonsense because I never claimed that.

Jesus died and paid for for ALL sins. This does NOT mean, however, that ALL of your future sins are "automatically" forgiven. This still requires confession and repentance upon committing them.

You don't get a "free pass" simply because you are a Christian.
In fact - Christians are even held to a HIGHER standard . . .

Luke 12:48
From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

BOL, you don't believe God paid for future sins because you are still in your sins. That's why you feel so condemned.

1 Cor 15:12-19 But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

Reactions: Helen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BOL, you don't believe God paid for future sins because you are still in your sins. That's why you feel so condemned.

1 Cor 15:12-19 But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.
I really wish you would grow up - stop lying and be honest for once.

I have NEVER stated that our future sins weren't paid for.
I told you in NO uncertain terms that although they were paid for - they are not forgiven until we CONFESS and REPENT of them.

If you're going to respond - PRAY first for the virtue of honesty . . .

Reactions: brakelite

Nov 2, 2016
USA
I told you in NO uncertain terms that although they were paid for - they are not forgiven until we CONFESS and REPENT of them.

Right, they are not forgiven until we add our works, I get it. BOL, mixing confession and repentance in Rom 10:9 with confession and repentance in our daily walk is FALSE.

I really wish you would grow up - stop lying and be honest for once.

Mixing truth with lies again I see. :rolleyes:

BobRyan

Jul 27, 2018
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Biblical Protestants who hold the authority of Scripture as paramount, unparalleled, and the sole bond of union, it is our hatred of unBiblical, blasphemous, God-dishonoring Catholic doctrines that Catholic apologists mistake as hatred of Catholics.

If we Protestants truly hated Catholics, our pity for their ignorance of Jesus' invitation to approach Him directly without a single mediator would be turned to satisfaction.

And of course -- Why should we "truly hate" other Christians in any case? For "God so loved the WORLD that He gave..." and we are to be like Him.

Reactions: Phoneman777
B

brakelite

Right, they are not forgiven until we add our works, I get it. BOL, mixing confession and repentance in Rom 10:9 with confession and repentance in our daily walk is FALSE.
What has repentance and a hunger and thirsting after righteousness, which must of necessity include confession and turning away from all sin, got to do with works? And since when is our entrance into heaven not been conditional on our being sanctified by truth and the Spirit of God by which His laws are written upon our hearts?... None of which could possibly be our own work.

B

brakelite

Don't forget verse 10 of Romans 10.
KJV Romans 10
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
The righteousness spoken of here is not just theory... It is practical and real... And it comes by faith. Do you have sufficient faith to believe God can change you to the extent that you can overcome sin?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mixing truth with lies again I see.
Please show me where the Bible teaches that ALL of our future sins are automatically forgiven WITHOUT our confessing OR repenting of them.
Chapter and Verse, please.

This ought to be interesting . . .

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please show me where the Bible teaches that ALL of our future sins are automatically forgiven WITHOUT our confessing OR repenting of them.
Chapter and Verse, please.

I'm not in this conversation but dropping this in anyway! :)

BOL it was a Legal transaction.
Were we asked if we wanted to be included under Adam's sin...NO.
God knew...

Heb 10:9 "Then said He, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God.
He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all
. "

All are saved, few know it, recognise it , or accept it!!

Sin was dealt with on His cross...( or God did not do what He sent Jesus to do) ....if Jesus carried the sins of those OT saints who were behind...why is it hard to believe that He carried what was forward as well as that which was behind!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not in this conversation but dropping this in anyway! :)

BOL it was a Legal transaction.
Were we asked if we wanted to be included under Adam's sin...NO.
God knew...

Heb 10:9 "Then said He, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God.
He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all
. "

All are saved, few know it, recognise it , or accept it!!

Sin was dealt with on His cross...( or God did not do what He sent Jesus to do) ....if Jesus carried the sins of those OT saints who were behind...why is it hard to believe that He carried what was forward as well as that which was behind!
Wrong.

The penalty for sin was paid for on the cross.
Repenting for sin was NOT dealt with until WE come before God with contrite hearts for the sins we have committed.
Scripture says nothing about us being "automatically" forgiven for future sins without our repenting for them.

All are NOT saved - but all have been redeemed (paid for).

Reactions: amadeus and Helen