If We Protestants Truly Hated Catholics...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
OK....God decided and he told me that YOU (and the Muslims) are not obeying this Gospel and that you do not have a true relationship with Christ. Did he tell you something different????

God told my Church that Scripture teaches that the sacraments are necessary for salvation sooooo now it is REALY quite obvious as to who is right and who is wrong. Your church is wrong.

Hmmmm.....The men of the Catholic Church interpreted scripture incorrectly but a man sitting in his basement eating Dorito's while INDEPTENDETLY reading his bible without superimposing any information, input or scholarly advise from ANYONE can interpret scripture properly??? After all, the Dorito eater didn't have any "preconceptions". ;) Fascinating

Yes, it is your interpretation. Sooooo ONCE AGAIN my church, and many others believe sacraments are necessary. Why is your interpretation right and others wrong?

Mary

MM
Which sacraments save us?
I'd say baptism is a sacrament and communion.
But does either one save us?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
just quoting one of your kings, Mary, i thot that was accepted RCC dogma, i mean i am offended too; but at "Saint" Augustine, the king who said it
Fascinating. Can you give the letter that Saint Augustine wrote that in???

I can't find it.

Mary

PS...You really didn't answer any of my questions....you just made bizarre statements so I don't know how to respond to the rest of your post.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MM
Which sacraments save us?
I'd say baptism is a sacrament and communion.
But does either one save us?
Baptism now saves you....1 Peter 3:21

The Bread of Life discourse in John 6 covers the Communion question. It has been taught for 2,000 years. Anything opposite has only been popular for 500 years when the revolution began. This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.” Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever feeds on me, he also will live because of me.

Mary

Reactions: Philip James

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Baptism now saves you....1 Peter 3:21

The Bread of Life discourse in John 6 covers the Communion question. It has been taught for 2,000 years. Anything opposite has only been popular for 500 years when the revolution began. This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.” Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever feeds on me, he also will live because of me.

Mary
Jesus did say to be baptized and to do this in memory of Him.

Reactions: Philip James

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gal 3:1-9
3 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified?
2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?
4 Have you suffered so many things in vain — if indeed it was in vain?
5 Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? —
6 just as Abraham "believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."
7 Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham.
8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, "In you all the nations shall be blessed."
9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.
NKJV

Gal 3:13-14
13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree"),
14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
NKJV

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, it is your interpretation. Sooooo ONCE AGAIN my church, and many others believe sacraments are necessary. Why is your interpretation right and others wrong?
What you failed to do is tell us from SCRIPTURE that what you believe is true. The rest of it is just hot air. Chapter and verse please.

B

brakelite

"dialectics" imo
actually "fruit," but in the context of your Q, dialectics. Bc truth is not Absolute; truth is a moving target. What is true now might shortly be false. Good News becomes knowledge that brings sorrow. the first to tell his side in court seems right, until another comes and cross examines him. If you dig a pit for others, you end up in it yourself. satan appears as an angel. Christ is omnipresent, but "we" are all waiting for Jesus to return.

("Welcome to Torah!" lol)
Wouldn't it be our perception of truth that is the moving target? The heart of man being deceitful above all things? Jer.17:9

B

brakelite

How do we decide who "remained faithful to Him"???

Who decides this???

Curious Mary
Funny. You have already decided, in direct contradiction to history, that the RCC has always remained faithful, because 'the gates of hell did not prevail'. Yet you refuse to allow that same promise of our Saviour to apply to anyone else...and there were a great many 'elses' who had accepted the gospel...'elses' who your church despised and sought to wipe out, all 'in the name of Christ'.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that's what believers do BOL. While you're accusing them, they're following God. Faith is more than the internet or religious avatars and ego's.
YOU keep trying to tell us that faith is "believing".
It's MUCH more that that.

As I have shown you repeatedly - ANYBODY can believe - even the DEMONS (James 2:10).
However - NOT everybody has faith . . .

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
YOU keep trying to tell us that faith is "believing".
It's MUCH more that that.

As I have shown you repeatedly - ANYBODY can believe - even the DEMONS (James 2:10).
However - NOT everybody has faith . . .

BOL, demons believe in one God, Abraham believed in God.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but you aren't capable of educating myself nor any Protestant of anything. Conversely, I've educated YOU about Pius' legitimization of "Roman Catholic church" so that you may cease from deriding Protestants for our use of the same, and I'll show you now that there's no way the "papacy" could have existed before Rome's fall because that which is the very definition of the papacy - the union of church and state - could not exist while Caesars still reigned supreme - because the Caesars would not have taken too kindly to some guy sitting in a Roman Cathedral wearing what looked to them as a Dagon priest "fish hat" and taking to himself the prerogatives of the Caesars: namely, claiming to be god and the supreme authority on religious and secular affairs.

I hope that by this irrefutable explanation that you now see the "papacy" - the union of the Catholic church and the secular state - could not have possibly existed before the fall of Rome in 476 A.D.
I don't know where you get your stupid "facts" - and I don't really care.
I DO know that you are wrong because you never seem to be able to present any evidence for your moronic claims.

First of all - "Papacy" does NOT mean "Church and state", Einstein. Whoever told you that was lying and was too stupid to realize the "Papacy" is derived from the Latin word "Father" (Papa). That's all it means.

As I educated you earlier - we have historically-documented evidence from the 2nd century regarding the office of the Pope:
- Irenaeus's "Against Heresies", wherein, he lists ALL of the Popes from Peter to his tim.
- Tertullian's "Di Pudicitia", wherein, he speaks about the office of the Papacy and even calls the Pope "Bishop of Bishops" and "Pontifex Maximus".
- Cyprian of Carthage writes about the office of the Papacy - "The Chair of Peter" in AD 252.
- Opatus wrote about the "Episcopal Chair of Peter" and all of the subsequent Popes who have sat on it (AD 367).

The fact is that you are OUT-GUNNED by the testimonies of the Early Church.
You don't have an historical leg to stand on . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That demons do not believe in God.
That is completely FALSE.
Demons absolutely believe in God - and the Word of God states this.

From your own KJV:
James 2:19
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Matt. 8:28-29
When he arrived at the other side in the region of the Gadarenes, two demon-possessed men coming from the tombs met him. They were so violent that no one could pass that way. “What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted. “Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?”

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
That is completely FALSE.
Demons absolutely believe in God - and the Word of God states this.

From your own KJV:
James 2:19
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Matt. 8:28-29
When he arrived at the other side in the region of the Gadarenes, two demon-possessed men coming from the tombs met him. They were so violent that no one could pass that way. “What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted. “Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?”

Right BOL, like I said. They believe in one God, but they do not believe Jesus is their savior. Abraham did.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Far be it for us to call anyone out of an apostate system without offering them an alternative. But just as we identify the apostate system through scripture, so may we identify the alternative in the same manner. However, if one is not willing to cleave to scripture in identifying one, it will prove impossible to cleave to scripture to identify the other. Once you compromise in determining error, how may you not compromise in determining truth?

This is undoubtedly true. However, what happens when faithful, scripture loving Christians see the bible painting different apostate and 'alternate' systems? Both you and I believe quite different things when it comes to this topic. You're convinced the RCC is Babylon, and that any Christian partaking on Sunday worship is embracing her folly and sin. (Please correct me if I've gotten that wrong, I don't want to misrepresent you). You also believe that in 'coming out' of her, we need to embrace Saturday worship, among other things.
I'm not convinced that the RCC is the 'big bad' that people say it is, although I would happily say that there have been powerful people within it who have used it's power to do very 'anti-Christ' things. And I very much disagree with the need to worship on Saturday...or any given day. And I pull this belief straight from scripture.
You say that if people miss this particular truth, or get it wrong, praising Jesus on a Sunday could see us in hell. But I see scripture telling me that once I receive Christ as my Savior, HE is what holds me to him, not any proper, or mistaken understanding this limited human may have.
I absolutely believe that as Christians we should strive to find all truth in regards to these things, but at some point we have to realize that we are not going to get everything right. And as long as I get the basics right: Jesus, Son of God, came and died my death, so I might have his life in the eyes of the Father; then I can trust in him to 'finish' my faith and bring me home.