I'm a non-Christian, where can I post?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GEN2REV said:
What is Natural Law?
Well, you should google it. But, in brief, it is the philosophy that people have an innate moral sense about things. Like, everyone knows it's wrong to steal, commit adultery, murder, be cruel to animals, disrespect parents, be druken or stoned, laziness, etc. You don't have to tell them these things are wrong. You don't need an artificial law. God already put that law in their minds.

The Google Definition is not quite as you assumed, ...
The natural law was inherently teleological, however, it is most assuredly not deontological. For Christians, natural law is how human beings manifest the divine image in their life. This mimicry of God's own life is impossible to accomplish except by means of the power of grace.
https://www.google.com/search?q=is+...fkOkgEEMjIuMZgBAKABAcgBE8ABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz
... and to assume that every religion in the world accepts that there is a Natural Law put into everybody's minds BY GOD is very presumptuous considering that they do not all agree on who, what, why or the origin of God.

And those who are ruled by science and evolution do not accept that God put anything into every sentient being so it's not a universal concept.

As Google defines above, Christians have a very different definition than the common philosophical one.

That's why I wanted to know what Natural Law was to VERIDICANS. I see I was not clear enough. My bad.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sound like a witch! Trust me, I know.
witchstirringpot.gif

Showing our cards are we? :)

I'm familiar with the occult. How else do you think I so readily identified you? like on Page 2. Satan made a run at me a long, long time ago, but I wisely rejected the offer. I suggest you do the same.
You are harassing me. You're calling me Satan.

No I'm not calling you Satan. I was however suggesting you are not anything resembling a Christian man. My apologies for making a little fun, because in part it's not a laughing matter at all, and as stated I actually mean you no ill-will. But again, your persistent attempts to delude this community are grating on my nerves, and as promised I am not going away because of it.
wish this thread would end, and you're desperate to keep it going. Oh well, c'mon boy, let's go...
whistle.gif

I'm not desperate to keep it going, Lol. If you ask them to shut it down, I'll be fine with it and wish you well. But if you keep posting your Satanism, what do you think I'm going to do in response?

Reactions: Pearl

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Showing our cards are we? :)

Uh, yeah. I used to be a witch. But I've repented of that. But even more, I found my answer. I saw witchcraft as a way of finding God, but it's not. What I really was, what I was really aiming for, was the spirit of the magi. And now I get it. It's like your spirit is that of the religious leaders. So, you act that out in your Christianity. You get what I mean.

I'm familiar with the occult. How else do you think I so readily identified you? like on Page 2. Satan made a run at me a long, long time ago, but I wisely rejected the offer. I suggest you do the same.

No, sorry. It's like war. You've either been in one or you haven't, and that's it.

No I'm not calling you Satan. I was however suggesting you are not anything resembling a Christian man. My apologies for making a little fun, because in part it's not a laughing matter at all, and as stated I actually mean you no ill-will. But again, your persistent attempts to delude this community are grating on my nerves, and as promised I am not going away because of it.

Oh, I know you're not going away.

I'm not desperate to keep it going, Lol. If you ask them to shut it down, I'll be fine with it and wish you well. But if you keep posting your Satanism, what do you think I'm going to do in response?

So, you believe that following Jesus Christ is a form of Satanism. You need to get a grip.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Edward Gordon

How are you getting all these very unusual smiley/emojees as a very new member here? Am I the only one who doesn't have access to those or is something fishy going on with Mr. Heaven's Gate?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me ask you something: What do you think the law is? What about what Jesus said about it?
THE Law and Natural Law are not even close to the same thing.

First of all, Jesus doesn't speak kindly of 'natural' anything. So Natural Law, to somebody who is very familiar with scripture, does not have a 'holy' connotation to it at all.

Secondly, Jesus instituted the 10 Commandments ... so what He said was to follow them. Just because you have a couple verses from the Gospels in mind in which He spoke using the term 'law' doesn't mean that's all there is to it.

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Very funny. The Pentagram is the symbol of Satan. Has been for a long time.

It is not. It's an early Christian symbol. It's the star of Bethlehem. THAT'S WHY THEY PUT IT ON TOP OF CHRISTMAS TREES. Satanism inverts it. You do know that, don't you? And witchcraft only adopted it in the early 1950's when Gerald Gardner started a new age form of witchcraft called Wicca. Otherwise, it's a Christian symbol that is even found in some cathedrals. It's the star the magi followed, or that's what it represents.

So now it is up to the mods to ban Edward.

Why? I'm in a non-Christian board. And though I have been in the occult and can talk INTELLIGENTLY about it. I have repented from all of that and have returned to my Veridican roots, and that means "all for Christ."

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
THE Law and Natural Law are not even close to the same thing.

First of all, Jesus doesn't speak kindly of 'natural' anything. So Natural Law, to somebody who is very familiar with scripture, does not have a 'holy' connotation to it at all.

You're right. It's a philosophical concept written about by Thomas Aquinas.

Secondly, Jesus instituted the 10 Commandments ... so what He said was to follow them. Just because you have a couple verses from the Gospels in mind in which He spoke using the term 'law' doesn't mean that's all there is to it.

So, for you it's the Ten Commandments. Forget what Jesus said. There's more to it than what he said. Poor Jesus. He just doesn't get a fair shake these days.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not. It's an early Christian symbol. It's the star of Bethlehem. THAT'S WHY THEY PUT IT ON TOP OF CHRISTMAS TREES. Satanism inverts it. You do know that, don't you? And witchcraft only adopted it in the early 1950's when Gerald Gardner started a new age form of witchcraft called Wicca. Otherwise, it's a Christian symbol that is even found in some cathedrals. It's the star the magi followed, or that's what it represents.

Edward, you honestly think to redeem the Christian use of the Pentagram when you are practicing witchcraft yourself, and it is today almost universally understood to be a symbol associated with its use?

From the Wiki:
Éliphas Lévi (a sorcerer) claimed that "The Pentagram expresses the mind's domination over the elements and it is by this sign that we bind the demons of the air, the spirits of fire, the spectres of water, and the ghosts of earth." In this spirit, the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn developed the use of the pentagram in the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram, which is still used to this day by those who practice Golden Dawn-type magic. Aleister Crowley (the premier Satanist of the 20th century, and its most powerful sorcerer) made use of the pentagram in his Thelemic system of magick: an adverse or inverted pentagram represents the descent of spirit into matter, according to the interpretation of Lon Milo DuQuette. Crowley contradicted his old comrades in the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, who, following Levi, considered this orientation of the symbol evil and associated it with the triumph of matter over spirit.

This conversation needs to end.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Ed, in a few words can you pls tell me why do you believe? Like, why aren’t you an atheist for example?
Thanks.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why? I'm in a non-Christian board. And though I have been in the occult and can talk INTELLIGENTLY about it. I have repented from all of that and have returned to my Veridican roots, and that means "all for Christ."
You don't know as much as you think you do. The christmas tree, and everything associated with it, is pagan from its roots. It's not a Christian concept.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, for you it's the Ten Commandments. Forget what Jesus said. There's more to it than what he said. Poor Jesus. He just doesn't get a fair shake these days.
You're not getting it.

Jesus created, and wrote, the Commandments ... with His own finger. All 10 of them.

If all I had to study were the few Gospels you claim are the foundation of your religion, I'd be very familiar with John 1:1.

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Hey Ed, in a few words can you pls tell me why do you believe? Like, why aren’t you an atheist for example?
Thanks.

I mean, I was raised as a Christian. My sister, who mostly raised me, and her husband were Pentacostal health & wealth, believe-receive it, ministers. So, I grew up in that Kenneth Copeland kind of Christianity. Then when I was in the military--nothing. I mean, of course I believed in God, but no religion, except when I lived in England, I became involved with the Spiritualist Church (mediumship, ghost hunting, that sort of thing). But in 1993, I was reading the Gospel as a philosophical exercise, and I don't know how to explain it. Whereas once I was blind, now I could see. That's when I truly became one of the elect. That's when God found me and took me home.

So, I believe, because I've had a true, hard-hitting revelation of Jesus Christ. And then, God talks to me. So, I know He's always there. When I was 9 years old, I had a religious experience, but I didn't know it at the time. I didn't know what it was, but I looked up into the sky while walking in a field and was filled with this ecstasy, like a light.

Early on, in 1993, I went to various churches, and I had some really bizarre experiences that drove me away. I call them my "Christian adventures." Maybe I'll talk about them sometime. But that's how I ended up out on my own. And of course, as I wrote about before, there was the whole Waco thing.

Thanks for asking.

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You don't know as much as you think you do. The christmas tree, and everything associated with it, is pagan from its roots. It's not a Christian concept.

ooh boy. Whatever. The lighted star they put on top of it is supposed to be the Star of Bethlehem.

You're not getting it.

Jesus created, and wrote, the Commandments ... with His own finger. All 10 of them.

Okay. I mean, that's not what the Bible says, but hey, the OT isn't my gig. So, whatever you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.