I'm a non-Christian, where can I post?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yeah? How much like him?
umm%20%282%29.gif

About as any human son comes to being like his human father.

You will never be just like him, at least in this lifetime.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The tribes of Israel are symbolic, and each tribe has a characteristic.
One cannot simply make things "symbolic" on a whim. So if the tribes are symbolic what exactly do they represent? Do you see your fallacy?

When God through the Holy Spirit gives minute details about the twelve tribes of Israel in the future, that is meant to be taken as literally as any reality.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Well you recently stated that you have only six followers for now.

But what about these scripture: The Church of Christ has only one High priest and his name is above all names, his name is Jesus he is King of kings and Lord of lords. He is the only head of his Church. Self proclaimed high priests don't count.

Whose church? Yours? Fine. The Veridican Church of the Divine in Christ is different than your church. We have priests. Priests with greater seminary education are senior priests. Priests that run boards in the forum are high priests. So, get over yourself, and if you don't know by now, the letter to the Hebrews is not part of our canon.

But even so... Jesus isn't a high priest the way a Veridican is. The passages you quote MEANS that Jesus is our connection to God. That's not what a priest means in our church.

Hebrews 3:1
Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, whom we acknowledge as our apostle and high priest.

Hebrews 4:14
Jesus the Great High Priest
Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess.

Hebrews 6:20
where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.[/QUOTE]

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Whose church? Yours?
The only true Church is the Church with Jesus as its head. And yes that is my Church.

We have priests. Priests with greater seminary education are senior priests. Priests that run boards in the forum are high priests.
So who runs the 'seminary' and out of six of you how many are 'priests'?

and if you don't know by now, the letter to the Hebrews is not part of our canon.
Then as you said are not Christian.

Jesus isn't a high priest the way a Veridican is.
Oh, really? Does He know that?

Edward Gordon you are a fraud. You have set yourself up with six followers and call yourself a high priest with no anointing from God. And what about the Holy Spirit -where does he come into your beliefs?

Reactions: amigo de christo

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Veridican Church of the Divine in Christ is different than your church.
upload_2021-12-18_10-11-47.png
Very Veridican Version Veridican Church Logo

The Veridican Church uses an upright pentagram as its symbol instead of a cross for the following reasons:

1. The pentagram star was an early Christian symbol representing the five wounds of Christ.

2. The magical connotations associated with it remind us that we are of the spirit of the Magi who were first to find the Christ born into the world.

3. It represents the Star of Bethlehem which symbolizes following the signs God gives us to find Christ.

4. Our church uses Veridican astrology to understand messages from God, and the star symbolizes that practice.

5. The cross is used by traditional Christian churches and focuses on the death of Christ. We focus our spirituality on following the life of Christ both when he was in the world and as he lives today. So, again, like the Star of Bethlehem, we follow that star.

6. Veridicanism is the true faith in Christ, thus we don’t want to be associated with the traditional Christian Church or its offshoots.

Reactions: Edward Gordon

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
These are my current, immediate and spontaneous thoughts for you since you just barely entered this site. I'm saying this because I see there are some folks here who have already pre-judged you in err without real cause. You are rattling their houses of truth. Most folks do not like their truth being attacked, and especially since they see you still as a stranger bringing 'strange' wares for sale as a 'deeper' view of Christianity. And thus I see some not actually reading your words for understanding. I got the same reaction and 'nearly' the same reception when I first arrived here. I still get some of it occasionally, believe me.

Who the heck are you? I mean that affectionately. It's like trying to figure out which John wrote Revelation. Let's see: You know how to express yourself well in writing, so you're probably college educated. You use single quotes around words, so you're probably British or part of the Commonwealth. You have an advanced understanding of theology, so you're probably not young and you've probably been a Christians for a long time. You may even be an ordained minister.

But I'm just having fun. Truly, I love to read what you write. :)

I see you as 'in Christ' or Christ because of his Spirit, as many would feel more comfortable using the term and symbol 'A Christian.' I prefer being in Christ and of Christ intimately linked as part of Christ's Body and growing in him continually. Thus we are actually Christ of his same seed in this spiritual realm. Yes, this is foreign language to many here and even threatening.

Definitely, it is a foreign concept, but it shouldn't be, you know? I mean think of the idea of asking for something "in Jesus name." It means, one is taking on the very identity of Christ. And that's such a common ending to traditional prayers.

In fact I see you no more threatening than my strong Unitarian stance on this site, and that there is no Trinity. In fact my doctrine has been formulated over decades since I left the RCC and later, even the entire Protestant lie, years ago. And so my spiritual path with Christ was without basically world religious influence. So today, I'm completely a monotheist, part Unitarian, part Christadelphian, and part Preterist as my core Eschatology. This last part is still in-work. And so I do believe I differ with you in areas of future events, in areas of the Book of Revelation.

What is a Christadelphian?

I agree as I said before, that evil will increase and it will climax with the return of Christ. Although this process, methodology and understanding may be quite different? I'm still learning and pray for insight into these areas.

Me, too. For me, Revelation is new. Veridicanism has been around for 28 years, but it's been in fits and starts. This church is the final start. This is the real deal now. That said, I didn't include Revelation in the canon before, but when the church began on Nov 4th, I realized it was starting for real because of my firm belief that we had entered the end-times. So, I took another look at Revelation, and lo and behold, it was just like looking at tarot cards or dream symbols.

Want to hear a story?

I used to be deeply into the occult. I used to believe that's where God was. I used to believe that's what Jesus was, like some Grand Sorcerer, some ultimate Divine witch. That's the kind of paths you end up on when you have no church and the Branch Davidians all died. I mean, I have gone down many empty roads in my search for Christ. But I've repented of all that. I've come to realize we (Veridicans) are like the Magi. We seek out signs in the heavens; we search for Christ until we find Him. We follow His star. But that aside, for a while I was a professional psychic.

I specialized in tarot. Still do. I still don't think it's evil, but it has run its course with me. I've just always been really good at seeing into symbols and riddles. I started out my psychic career with dream interpretation. I stumbled on a dream interpretation forum a long time ago, and I found I was really good at it, and people were coming to me and asking for me, specifically, to intepret their dreams. Now, I'm getting to a point.

Dream interpretation led to astrology, and I am an expert at that, and astrology is like the magi. Astrology, however, is difficult to do online for people because they have to give up their date of birth, place of birth, and time of birth, and a lot of people don't want to do that online. A lot of people, for that matter, don't know what time they were born. And astrology is labor intensive--even with the advanced software I have for it.

But then one day, I was in the French Quarter with my wife, and we stopped by a tarot shop to have our cards read. I'd never had it done before. Suffice to say the reader wasn't very skilled, but when she laid out the cards, I immediately saw the value of the symbols. They were just like dreams, just like astrology. From then on, I was hooked. I even wrote a book on tarot.

Now, setting all that aside, Nov 4th, I crack open the book of Revelation, which I hadn't done for 27 years, because it was never part of the canon. No different than 1 Timothy. I haven't read that in 28 years either because why would I?

But Revelation...it was like looking at a dream. It was like looking at an astrological chart. It was like looking at a spread of tarot cards. I FELL INTO IT. And I am falling into it, just like when I was in the occult. And I think I know now why God led me down divergent paths.

Thank you for reading my story. I just wanted to tell someone.
thankyou.gif

Just a quick comment on your last part of your post.
I agree that throughout history, since Christ's earthly mission of redemption and access to salvation for all mankind, there has been very few who have truly been saved in each generation. And today is no different. Our Father chooses, not us. And He chooses very few.

Absolutely. 100% agree.

I thank you for even suggesting I may be a servant of God as you really do not know me. It's quite humbling. The best I can do on this site is to occasionally share over time, more of my beliefs and my un-canned doctrine.

I look forward to it. :)

Reactions: APAK

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
5. The cross is used by traditional Christian churches and focuses on the death of Christ. We focus our spirituality on following the life of Christ both when he was in the world and as he lives today. So, again, like the Star of Bethlehem, we follow that star.
The empty cross focuses on Jesus' resurrection and life not his death.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With all due respect Edward, the Veridican Church is a dangerous cult. The first thing on their web site is the Pentagram. And you know to whom the Pentagram belongs.

View attachment 19401

The man is a Satanist. He gave it away several pages ago.

He practices witchcraft. No big surprise he is using a Pentagram in his logo.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I started out my psychic career with dream interpretation. I stumbled on a dream interpretation forum a long time ago, and I found I was really good at it, and people were coming to me and asking for me,

We have some dream interpreters on the forum, I can’t name all off the top of my head
@Hidden In Him @FluffyYellowDuck

Reactions: APAK and DuckieLady

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Edward Gordon you are a fraud. You have set yourself up with six followers and call yourself a high priest with no anointing from God. And what about the Holy Spirit -where does he come into your beliefs?

That's not the Spirit this guy operates in. Astral projection is performed with the help of demonic spirits. This guy is a closet Satanist who is using Christian language as a cloak to deceive the ill-informed, the naive and the uneducated.

The thing that amazes me is how many well-meaning but baldy uninformed Christians are actually discussing doctrine with the man.

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Well at least the OP admits that he is not a Christian. I guess we as Christians can’t be too critical of his religion because it’s not for us lol. I am just concerned that he may be deceived by a demon. Satan wanted to be God. We are to be like Jesus, not to be Jesus. I am generally concerned for the souls involved in this. I guess what I am trying to say is I have had a taste of God’s love and a taste of his judgment and his judgment is severe. If this is a cult with half truths, the consequences could be severe for everyone involved.

Look at what you're saying: If I believe I am following Christ and God is my Father, and yet all the while, God, knowing my heart, is letting me be deceived by a demon, who am I to counter that?

What you're saying is maybe God hates me and I don't know it. Well, if that's the case, I'm powerless to do anything other than what I am doing, and your prayers for me, which you do not say, will be useless. They'll simply be answered with a "no."

Status
Not open for further replies.