I'm a non-Christian, where can I post?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suspected this, too. Now I'm not saying this absolutely has to be the case here, but, usually, when a church rejects Paul they reject his teaching about homosexuality. I've been holding the question about that for Edward for the right time. I guess now is a good time to ask @Edward Gordon, "what is the official stance on homosexuality in your church?"

He might not favor homosexuality, but he kinda let the cat out of the bag when he stated he had no opinion as long as the man wasn't trying to have sex with him personally. It means he passes no judgment on things like adultery, polygamy or pedophilia, and that each man is free to follow his own conscience in such matters, while nevertheless suggesting in other posts that he distances himself from Koresh's theology.

I would rather such versions of "Christianity" not even be discussed, but we are a free forum, and this is a consequence of that. Heretics like our friend here have a license to teach this sort of thing, which leaves us with no choice but to correct and warn him about it, whether he will listen or not.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gotta stop you there...Jesus was clear that we were to do the miracles He did. Granted, we went with science instead of faith, so now our faith is this tiny withered raisin in our soul, so we can barely trust God enough to get us down the freeway safely, but nevertheless, we were supposed to be miracle workers.

I heartily agree with this also.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fine.
facepalm2.gif

Allow me to say it now for the twentieth time. We don't cast the Bible aside. And the Word of God is Jesus Christ. Cuz if it ain't, you have a real problem with the Chinese translation of the Holy Bible. Just sayin...

It’s okay. They can’t hear you. I’m going to read the rest of the thread and I might email you. Not to join you but to understand you I guess. :)

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh just ignore it. You will learn quickly whose posts you skip over and whose you are interested in. Saves a lot of time.
Trust me, the offense was the result of him not understanding what I was saying. No insult was intended in any way. I think it's been cleared up.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He might not favor homosexuality, but he kinda let the cat out of the bag when he stated he had no opinion as long as the man wasn't trying to have sex with him personally. It means he passes no judgment on things like adultery, polygamy or pedophilia,

It bothers you that he refuses to judge nonbelievers? Is his job to judge the whole world?

Reactions: Edward Gordon

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trust me, the offense was the result of him not understanding what I was saying. No insult was intended in any way. I think it's been cleared up.

I didn’t mean he should ignore you personally. I meant he should ignore insults and find the people he was interested in talking with and just skip over the ones who he will eventually know what they are saying without even reading them!

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
What you've stated is that as long as the man wasn't having sex with you, you have no opinion. This, coupled with the fact that you reject the teachings of the apostles as being the word of God yet endorse a Gnostic text as being the "word of God," means that your morality regarding sexuality is very likely completely out the window, and each man is to "abide the commands that God gives to him," and follow his own moral compass. This runs a similar parallel to "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" there, High Priest.

You sound desperate, like you're losing an argument. You sound like your foundation of sand is shifting under your feet.

You'll forgive me, but I'm not that dim. The spirit inspiring your "religion" is a demonic one, and the god you and your people will worship will be a demon, not the True Lord Jesus Christ.

How would you know?

Does it matter that what Jesus said was the whole of the law "Love your neighbor as yourself by doing to him what you would have done to you" is in fact one of our moral principles?

Ah, I'm just messing with you now. I know you don't have a response.

If you don't want me worrying about you suffering in torment in eternity along with all those you deceived then I won't. Anyone who follows you will have themselves to blame for not choosing the God of scripture. But I will flatly oppose you as driven by a demon to teach what you do, and anywhere and everywhere that I see you appear, here or elsewhere.

Oh, I'm sure you will.

That is now where I am, and that is where we are, and that is where we will stay until you repent of your sin.

My sin? So, wait, you want me to repent to you of my sin?

Bring judgment upon yourself if you wish. The Lord will have ZERO sympathy for you when your judgment comes, because you felt it was of no importance to walk in fear of Him.

My friend, you have issues. Besides, I'm terrified of God.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It bothers me that he is teaching heresy, and well lead people to Hell rather than to Heaven if he continues to.

You don't find that a problem? :confused:

‘The evidence in this forum and real life shows that people rarely change their ideologies. He might convince a few atheists but I doubt anyone will change their minds here.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It bothers me that he is teaching heresy, and well lead people to Hell rather than to Heaven if he continues to.

You don't find that a problem? :confused:

I haven’t seen any heresy yet, so no, I don’t have a problem with him. A little discomfort with something(s) but I’ll hear him out. He reminds me a bit of the chap who wrote The Gospels In Brief. I think his name was Tolstoy. He did away with things he’d seen men abuse, like some miracles and such. I didn’t agree with it but I understood why he did it.

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I suspected this, too. Now I'm not saying this absolutely has to be the case here, but, usually, when a church rejects Paul they reject his teaching about homosexuality. I've been holding the question about that for Edward for the right time. I guess now is a good time to ask @Edward Gordon, "what is the official stance on homosexuality in your church?"

We don't have one. Besides, the way of Jesus is to be celibate. Personally, I don't care about homosexuals. They were around in Jesus' day and he talked about lots of stuff but not that. Paul did, but not Jesus. So, if Jesus couldn't care enough to comment on it, neither do I. You can be gay and be a Veridican, but I highly doubt any ever will. We're probably too conservative for them. And even if they do, they can't make it a cause in the church. We have only one cause: becoming Christ to be His bride for the end times. That's it.

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I experienced a little discomfort with this but am willing to listen. The verse that came to mind was, I will become like the most High. Don’t know if you know that verse because I don’t know if the OT is something you read.

Yep, Isaiah. That's not us. While we are Christ, Christ is not just us. For that matter, while we are all God, God is not just us. So, no ascending to God's throne today.

I read that you will be the 144,000. That is a big red flag to me. Jesus clearly says it will be men, Jewish virgins.

You don't understand Revelation. ...but you will
yes.gif

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, because Jesus doesn't command that. In fact, baptism is a bit mysterious from Jesus' teachings.
He does indeed command disciples to be water baptized.

"19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit" Matthew 28:19

I know you know this scripture so I'm guessing you have concluded that he's not talking about water.
But we know he's talking about water because he's instructing his disciples to perform it. In contrast to the baptism of the Spirit which Christ himself performs (Matthew 3:11).

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven’t seen any heresy yet, so no, I don’t have a problem with him. A little discomfort with something(s) but I’ll hear him out. He reminds me a bit of the chap who wrote The Gospels In Brief. I think his name was Tolstoy. He did away with things he’d seen men abuse, like some miracles and such. I didn’t agree with it but I understood why he did it.

This is much more than doing away with a few miracles, I assure you.
You sound desperate, like you're losing an argument. You sound like your foundation of sand is shifting under your feet.

Edward, after drawing you out, I have simply exposed your true spiritual condition, and am now warning you of what you can expect from the Lord if you continue on your present course.
Does it matter that what Jesus said was the whole of the law "Love your neighbor as yourself by doing to him what you would have done to you" is in fact one of our moral principles?

You call marrying some man's 12 year old daughter "loving your neighbor as yourself"? You describe stealing half a dozen wives from their husbands and having children through them as "loving your neighbor as yourself"? This is spiritual delusion in its highest form.
My friend, you have issues. Besides, I'm terrified of God.

You should be. You are misrepresenting Christ, and distorting His holy word before men.

There's really no need for you and I to go on, is there? You will not listen to reason, nor to my warnings, so your course is set. The only thing I can do for you at this point is pray for you, unless of course you keep demanding responses from me.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally, I don't care about homosexuals. They were around in Jesus' day and he talked about lots of stuff but not that.
This is another reason I brought up the fact that the teaching that Jesus defended is the law of Moses, which forbids homosexual activity. You are rejecting Jesus teaching when you reject the law of Moses.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
‘The evidence in this forum and real life shows that people rarely change their ideologies. He might convince a few atheists but I doubt anyone will change their minds here.

You'd be surprised.

I've seen all sorts of things taught on this forum that people I thought should know better actually took under strong consideration.

Edward Gordon

Dec 13, 2021
Mississippi
veridicans.org
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Im Christian, but I don’t agree I have remained who I was. The renewing or changing of my mind has been completely restructured in so many ways. Like…I no longer hate people. It wasn’t immediate but it’s like…once I saw how bad I really was and how bad all of what we consider normal is, I kind of just…rejected it for honesty. But the hatred of others didn’t go away until I saw I was every bit as bad as they were and I could no longer hate them after that but rather had compassion for them in their awful state.

That sounds very positive. People usually irritate me to no end. One of the dangers of Veridicanism is that it can lead people to feel elevated above others. After all, we are the Sons of God. We are in the royal court of the only King that has ever mattered. We are the chosen and the elect. But Jesus' teachings are very clear in the Last Supper account in the book of John. Very clear. No symbolism, no riddles, no parables. So, I have to work on that. I'm glad you seem to have cracked it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.