Irrefutable biblical proof that death is abolished at the second coming

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about addressing the Op instead of trying to belittle others?
If you think I'm referring to your posts, maybe that's something to think about.

I've heard it said, when you throw a rock into a crowd, the one who yells is the one who was hit.

Much love!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you think I'm referring to your posts, maybe that's something to think about.

I've heard it said, when you throw a rock into a crowd, the one who yells is the one who was hit.

Much love!

I take this as a compliment. If there were holes in the Op you would be the first to expose them.

• Love
Reactions: rwb

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take this as a compliment. If there were holes in the Op you would be the first to expose them.
No, actually, there are holes all over the place, however, your style of discussion doesn't really interest me. Too negative, too personal, I'm not into all that.

I've been somewhat interested in the topic, and read through many posts. There is a lot I could say, but why?

Much love!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, actually, there are holes all over the place, however, your style of discussion doesn't really interest me. Too negative, too personal, I'm not into all that.

I've been somewhat interested in the topic, and read through many posts. There is a lot I could say, but why?

Much love!

What is "personal" in the Op? Nothing! Again, if you had something you would quote it.

I suspect your avoidance/frustration emanates from the fact that the Scriptures presented are so clear and compelling. You can certainly challenge my opinions, but, I do not know how Premils could refute (or explain away) the watertight texts submitted.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is "personal" in the Op? Nothing!
Your discussion style, as demonstrated throughout this thread.
Again, if you had something you would quote it.
That is, IF I thought there were good reason. Again, why should I? I've seen how you respond to those who disagree with you, and I am not interested in that sort of discussion.
I suspect your avoidance/frustration emanates from the fact that the Scriptures presented are so clear and compelling.
This is a very self-serving opinion.
I do not know how Premils could refute (or explain away) the watertight texts submitted.
I realize that.

I'm hoping you will take to heart what I've been saying here.

Much love!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your discussion style, as demonstrated throughout this thread.

That is, IF I thought there were good reason. Again, why should I? I've seen how you respond to those who disagree with you, and I am not interested in that sort of discussion.

This is a very self-serving opinion.

I realize that.

I'm hoping you will take to heart what I've been saying here.

Much love!
I refer you back to the Op. I am not interested in your personal attacks. That seems to be all you want to do here.

If you are interested in discussing Scripture then do that. If not, then I do not know why you are here, apart from attack fellow believers or derail the thread.

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 15:21-26 declares: “For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.”

1 Corinthians 15:50-54 continues: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.”

The prime focus of these passages is “the resurrection of the dead” and the termination of death. This is the time when corruption is finally banished from the earth forever. This is the occasion when the redeemed "inherit the kingdom of God." This is the much-anticipated arrival of the kingdom in all its visible, glorious, perfect and eternal glory.

But when does this happen?

Both of these passages demonstrate that this occurs at the “coming” (or parousia) of the Lord, which is described as “the last trump.” It also confirms that this ushers in “the end.” This is the closing curtain of time, sin, corruption and mortality. We are now into eternity. No one could therefore argue with any validity that death is not finally and eternally destroyed at the second coming, the time here denoted as “the end.”

Only the perfected inherit the coming earth

These texts demonstrate that for one to inherit the age and state to come, glorification is necessary: “flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.” The kingdom age to come (after this age) is perfect. It is incorrupt. Every vestige of the Fall is removed. No mortal can inherit/inhabit or possess this great incorrupt state. It is solely the domain of the glorified. It is eternal. It is not governed by time, as our age is. Time indeed shall be no more when Jesus returns.

This eliminates the oft-stated Premillennial claim that the unsaved can in fact inhabit the new earth. Regardless of whether one is saved or not, if they aren’t glorified, they cannot inherit the new earth. No mortal shall inhabit it.

It is plain to see from these texts: for man to be able to inherit the new glorified earth – which is totally free of the curse – he must be adequately prepared for it. The eternal state is indeed a prepared place for a prepared people.

Man’s whole sinful makeup must be completely changed in order to allow him to grace it. Every vestige of the Fall must be divested before entering into that new arrangement. This is accomplished by way of glorification. The invisible inner man is not only changed (as in conversion), but Paul speaks of a complete bodily change. Whilst we have “earthly” bodies now, at the Lord’s coming we will have new “spiritual” bodies. Our current bodies that are corruptible must be changed into incorruptible ones, so that no trace of the curse remains. Paul presents glorification as the means by which this supernatural metamorphous occurs.

Our “earthly” bodies will be changed to “spiritual” bodies that are completely devoid of sin and corruption. The saints will undergo the same simultaneous transformation that creation experiences. The creature is thus then adequately prepared to inherit the new incorrupt glorified earth. Both can now live in perfect harmony in God’s new eternal order. This arrangement will never again be blighted by the bondage of corruption. Man and creation enter into a new irreversible eternal arrangement.

Then [Gr. tote]

Let us zoom in on the end of this passage: So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then [Gr. tote] shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?” (1 Corinthians 15:54-55).

Here is irrefutable evidence of when “death” is finally defeated and “swallowed up in victory.” It occurs when the redeemed are glorified. It is realized “when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality.” This exposes the Premillennialism paradigm. It forbids its actual possibility. This passage proves that it happens at the second coming of Christ.

Premillennialist writer Alexander Reese confirms the meaning of the Greek word tote in The Approaching Advent of Christ, whilst referring to another parallel second coming passage in Matthew 13:43, saying, “Then (tote, at that time) shall the righteous shine forth.”

So, it is "then" (tote) at the last trump, and not till then, that death is finally defeated. The glorification of the saints at the second coming sees “death” being “swallowed up in victory.” It is here that “death” finally loses its “sting” and the “grave” loses its “victory.” Why? Because “the last enemy” is here eternally “destroyed.” There is no allowance for some supposed future millennium.

The deliverance of the righteous and the destruction of all rebellion

As Jesus comes and rescues ‘the just’ in the twinkling of an eye He also destroys ‘the unjust’. These passages distinctly describe the end. Those “in Adam all die.” The second coming is shown to be the termination of all rebellion. It is the time “when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power." But equally, “in Christ shall all be made alive.” This is the time “when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father.” It is clear that everything is tied up at the end (“His coming”).

The phrase “he shall have delivered up” comes from the single Greek word paradidomi meaning surrender, yield up, intrust, or transmit. This is what happens to the kingdom when Christ comes. He surrenders it to His Father, He yields it up.

The converse phrase “he shall have put down” comes from the single Greek word katargeo meaning: bring to nought, none effect, or abolish.

This is what happens to “all” existing “rule and all authority and power” when Jesus Comes. The rule of man comes to an end and now it becomes the rule of God.

After telling us that Christ’s coming sees the termination of the wicked and their evil operations, the writer tells us that Christ’s reign over His enemies must continue until this climactic point. Whilst “all power” is now assuredly given unto Christ “in heaven and in earth” (Matthew 28:18) through His life, death and resurrection, and whilst through this victorious work “he hath put all things under his feet” in a sovereign manner, we have not yet seen the final subduing of wickedness.

God’s purpose is that the entire creation will be regenerated. That is, the whole universe will be freed from the curse of corruption and degeneration. In intent is to bring a whole new order when He returns that will be marked by righteousness and eternality. A new regenerated creation will welcome a freshly perfected redeemed people. We are therefore looking at universal regeneration.
I will make this EASY....

With sin Death can not be abolished. After the 2nd Coming and Jesus' 1000 year reign, when Satan is freed from the Bottomless Pit, men follow after him again, which means they still have Sin Nature, which mean death had not been conquered. END DEBATE/.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

With sin Death can not be abolished. After the 2nd Coming and Jesus' 1000 year reign, when Satan is freed from the Bottomless Pit, men follow after him again, which means they still have Sin Nature, which mean death had not been conquered. END DEBATE/.

The Scripture I presented forbids your thesis. All you are bringing to the table is your mistaken location of Revelation 20 which contradicts all the Scripture. Where is your support for your opinion of Revelation 20?

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Very good point!

Revelation 20:7-9 KJV
7) And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8) And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9) And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

This is clearly death following the second coming. It should put the matter to rest.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except per the 1 Corinthians 15:51-54 passage you submitted, where you should have also included verses 55-57 as well, it is then obvious, if context means anything, that verse 54 and this portion--Death is swallowed up in victory--is not also being applied to the unsaved lost. To apply that to them as well, is to then apply this to the unsaved lost, what is recorded in verse 57---But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
This is a very good point! There is no victory for the lost.

Much love!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very good point!

Revelation 20:7-9 KJV
7) And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8) And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9) And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

This is clearly death following the second coming. It should put the matter to rest.

Much love!
This is more proof of how Premils force a square peg into a round hole. It simply doesn't fit. You prove my thesis: you interpret every Scripture through the lens of your mistaken view of Rev 20. That is your misguided obsession. Amils prefers what Paul the apostle in their hermeneutics: "what saith the Scripture?" (Rom 4:3). They interpret the highly-debated Rev 20 by the rest of Scripture. If you do that you will see that we are there now.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is more proof of how Premils force a square peg into a round hole. It simply doesn't fit. You prove my thesis: you interpret every Scripture through the lens of your mistaken view of Rev 20. That is your misguided obsession. Amils prefers what Paul the apostle in their hermeneutics: "what saith the Scripture?" (Rom 4:3). They interpret the highly-debated Rev 20 by the rest of Scripture. If you do that you will see that we are there now.
Did you want to discuss the Scriptures or just voice your poor opinions of others?

If you want to discuss the Scriptures, then edit your post above to fit "Scriptural discussion".

Much love!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you want to discuss the Scriptures or just voice your poor opinions of others?

If you want to discuss the Scriptures, then edit your post above to fit "Scriptural discussion".

Much love!

This is what i previously asked: where is your support for your opinion of Revelation 20? Where?

Corroboration to Premils tend to be interpreting their opinion of Revelation 20 by their opinion of Revelation 20. It is ridiculous. That is all they have.

I am happy to show you why Revelation 20 is not chronological to Revelation 19 in time. That seems to be all you have.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what i previously asked: where is your support for your opinion of Revelation 20? Where?

Corroboration to Premils tend to be interpreting their opinion of Revelation 20 by their opinion of Revelation 20. It is ridiculous. That is all they have.

I am happy to show you why Revelation 20 is not chronological to Revelation 19 in time. That seems to be all you have.
I guess you merely want to share your poor opinions of others. Too bad!

I'm still hoping you will take this all to heart.

Much love!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you merely want to share your poor opinions of others. Too bad!

I'm still hoping you will take this all to heart.

Much love!

Premils constant avoidance of the Op (and Amil arguments) only serves to reinforce the fact that the Op is pretty watertight. That alone is a testimony to the strength of the Amil position and the great lack in the Premil position.

Revelation is full of recaps. Revelation 20 is the last of 7 recaps pertaining to the intra-Advent period. Revelation 19 is the second coming. It is also the end of the world. The fact is: there are no wicked left to rule over. All flesh is destroyed in Revelation 19 (as in every other Old Testament and New Testament second coming passage). Revelation 20 takes us back to Christ's victory over sin and death at the first resurrection and depicts the enlightenment of the Gentiles. It finishes with the general resurrection/judgment.

Revelation 19 is a picture of the glorious return of Christ. Jesus comes in majesty and power to execute judgment upon all. The all-consuming nature of the destruction and the all-inclusive degree of the judgment described in Revelation 19 fits with multiple Scripture that indicate that all the wicked will be destroyed at the appearing of Christ at the end. He destroys His enemies with the sword of His mouth – His very command. This is the power of His Word. His judgment cannot be thwarted or avoided.

Revelation 19 is the end of the world. All flesh is destroyed in that chapter. There is no one left to inhabit a future Premillennialist millennium. This is another text that forbids Premil.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and 1335 days?

John 11:23-24 KJV
23) Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
24) Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

Daniel 12:12-13 KJV
12) Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.
13) But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "last day" Mary and Marth referred to, when the dead are raised, refers to this day.

Daniel 12:12-13 KJV
12) Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.
13) But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

Much love!

We have the "last days" (plural) which refer to the intra-Advent period and the "last day" (singular) that refer to resurrection/judgment day. This is the end.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 2:25-29 KJV
25) But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
26) And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27) And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
28) And I will give him the morning star.
29) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Who will they rule over? Living or dead? Mortal or immortal?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Resurrections:

Revelation 20:4-5 KJV
4) And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5) But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Much love!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 2:25-29 KJV
25) But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
26) And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27) And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
28) And I will give him the morning star.
29) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Who will they rule over? Living or dead? Mortal or immortal?

Much love!

Revelation 2:25-27: And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end [Gr. telos], to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule [Gr. poimaino] them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be ‘broken to shivers’ [Gr. suntribo]: even as I received of my Father.”

The unindoctrinated mind will have no difficulty understanding the truth being presented here. It's very clear and unambiguous. We are looking at the total wholesale destruction of the wicked. That is what awaits the ungodly when Jesus comes.

The coming of Christ is not to high-five sin and mollycoddle sinners. It is to judge sinners and banish sin from the earth forever. Premil ushers countless mortal rebels unto the new earth, but Scripture shows they are all totally destroyed. The new earth is incorrupt! Only the incorrupt can possess it. Your argument conflicts with clear and repeated Scripture.

There is no reward awaiting these proud Christ-rejecters. When a pot is broken with an iron rod it is destroyed, not subjugated. It's state changes completely and it does not continue in its prior state. When therefore the wicked are “broken,” “dashed to pieces,” “cut off,” then “the wicked shall be no more” at the second coming. This is not an exercise in rulership, subjugation, or discipline; but rather their total obliteration; thus, the meaning of the analogy of the rod and the pottery. The vivid picture painted is of the potter destroying an unwanted useless vessel.

The original Greek in Revelation 19:15 states he should smite [Gr. patasso ho ethnos kai autous poimaino autous] the nations, and shepherd them with a rod of iron.”

You need to see what the word poimaino means and how similar kindred words are interpreted elsewhere in Scripture. The word poimaino in this reading which is rendered “rule” in the AV, carries the consistent meaning of shepherd and shepherding in Scripture.

The picture here is of a Shepherd with a rod. However, this is NO ordinary Shepherd with no ordinary rod. The Shepherd here is Christ, and He is coming in His wrath at the end of this age to deal with the wicked thus the significance of the rod of iron. He is a jealous Shepherd who is finally coming to destroy those that have rejected Him. The shepherding is clearly associated with the FINAL separation.

There is no sense or mention of, or allowance for, survivors, as you imagine. All the wicked are destroyed. There is no one left to inherit this supposed future millennium full of sin and sinners, dying and crying, decay and disease.

Premils ignore the crucial words suntribo (to break to shivers) in Revelation 2:25-27 and patasso (to smite) in Revelation 19:15.

The same Shepherd who will comfort His sheep (the elect) will also destroy the goats (the wicked). This teaching is taken from Psalm 2:1-12. See what it is saying: “Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure. Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.Thou shalt break [Heb ra` a`] them with a rod of iron; ‘thou shalt dash them in pieces’ [Heb naphats] like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.”

The Hebrew word ra` a` means to spoil: literally, by breaking to pieces; figuratively, to make (or be) good for nothing. The Hebrew word naphats here derives from a primitive root; to dash to pieces, or scatter.

The picture here is of a Shepherd with a rod. However, this is NO ordinary Shepherd with NO ordinary rod. The Shepherd here is Christ, and He is coming in His wrath at the end of this age to deal with the wicked thus the significance of the rod of iron. He is a jealous Shepherd who is finally coming to destroy those that have rejected Him. The shepherding is clearly associated with the FINAL separation.

There is no sense or mention of, or allowance for, survivors, as you imagine. All the wicked are destroyed. There is no one left to inherit this supposed future millennium full of sin and sinners, dying and crying, decay and disease.

The Lord encounters only 2 types of people when He comes – saved or lost, sheep or goats. The sheep enter into their eternal inheritance; the goats receive their eternal punishment. Nothing could be simpler. You invent some 3rd group of humans that are too righteous to be destroyed at the second coming, yet too wicked to be rescued, yet Premil argue among themselves who they actually are. The reality is: they don't exist.

Nowhere in any of these passages is there any insinuation of a 1,000 years shepherding (or ruling) over the nations -as Premil alleges. What is more, Nowhere in Rev 20 is there any mention of (1) a rod of iron, (2) Christ on earth, (3) and therefore Christ ruling on earth with a rod of iron for 1,000 years. You will only find that in the Premil textbooks.