Irrefutable proof that Jesus is God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the Almighty God

Thank you for admitting to the truth here; although I don't think that you really believe it.

One such scripture is at 1 John 4:12 <fify> is that no one has seen God at anytime;

Jesus, the Son, declared Almighty God. Jesus said in John 14, "He who hath seen me hath seen the Father;" so I would say that 1 John 4:12 is referring to the fact that the Father is a Spirit and therefore invisible. However, that same Spirit veiled Himself in flesh to declare the reality of who He is. God is love; and therefore when we love one another we make God visible to others even though God is technically invisible. This is the message of 1 John 4:12 and other verses like it: that God is a Spirit but that we can make Him manifest through the love that we exhibit; and that Jesus made the Father manifest bt behaving perfectly as the Father while He walked the earth: thus He made the Father known to us (see John 1:18).

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have a dilemma, you do. It's those like you who have no faith that The Almighty God Jehovah has an Only Begotten Son. Because of his Only Begotten Son consistent faithfulness to his Father and God Almighty God Jehovah has made his Only Begotten Son heir of all things in Heaven and on Earth, subjecting all authority to his Only Begotten Son. The only person not subject to Jesus is his Father and God The Almighty God Jehovah. Jesus is the Almighty God Christ or Messiah, the person The Almighty God is using to save The World of Mankind. The thing that people such as you need to start doing is believing scripture. One such scripture is at 1John 4:12 is that no one has seen God at anytime; another scripture is at 1John 4:15 that a person must acknowledge that Jesus is God Son, not God as you and others say but God's Son, why? Because no one has seen God at anytime.
Is God's only begotten son Michael the archangel?
You say yes of course.
So. Mary gave birth to an angel/man.

Yikes!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well I heard a scholar say this, "scholars lie". and he was true, on that witness.

as for the NWT as being an accurate translation, it lies also. not my opinion, it say so itself. here's how I know. in Revelation 1:1 someone sent their angel to John. and the angel who was sent, said this according to the KJV, Revelation 22:6 "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done."

the Lord God sent his angel. well in your NWT it have in print, "Jehovah" as sending his angel.

but here's the problem both the KJV and your NWT states in verse 16 of "THE SAME CHAPTER", this, Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."

in the NWT is said that Jehovah sent the angel at verse 6, but in the same very chapter at verse 22 your NWT say just what the KJV say, "Jesus sent his angel". see the error. you say Jesus is not Jehovah, well your NWT here says different. anytime a bible contridict itself anywhere more than once, then it no good, it's a false translation.

now is this 101G, NO, it in your own bible, just read it.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur
You choose the scholars you agree with I choose mine. What you and others think about what scholars I agree with is completely insignificant and unimportant to me.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You choose the scholars you agree with I choose mine. What you and others think about what scholars I agree with is completely insignificant and unimportant to me.
what scholars ?

I didn't see you reference any Greek or Hebrew Scholars nor any Theologians with their doctorates in Theology, Hermenuetics, linguistics etc.............

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Scripture identifies the Son as the Lord God, the Almighty , The Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last and besides Him there is no other God.

hope this helps !!!

That's an error, at no time is the Word that's translated Almighty is applied to Jesus. It's only applied to Jehovah God.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for admitting to the truth here; although I don't think that you really believe it.

Jesus, the Son, declared Almighty God. Jesus said in John 14, "He who hath seen me hath seen the Father;" so I would say that 1 John 4:12 is referring to the fact that the Father is a Spirit and therefore invisible. However, that same Spirit veiled Himself in flesh to declare the reality of who He is. God is love; and therefore when we love one another we make God visible to others even though God is technically invisible. This is the message of 1 John 4:12 and other verses like it: that God is a Spirit but that we can make Him manifest through the love that we exhibit; and that Jesus made the Father manifest bt behaving perfectly as the Father while He walked the earth: thus He made the Father known to us (see John 1:18).

Yes you would think a misprint/mistake is someone agreeing with you. You really are desperate for that aren't you? I meant Jesus isn't Almighty God

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's an error, at no time is the Word that's translated Almighty is applied to Jesus. It's only applied to Jehovah God.

No you are in error as we read below from Scripture. These passages in Revelation make it clear that Jesus is God. Remember it is Jesus in the NT who is Coming back to earth that every eye will see. It was Jesus who was pierced on the cross for our sins. John is clearly once again calling Jesus God!!!!!!! The Coming and the coming in the clouds never refers to the Father in the NT but always to Jesus.

Revelation 1:7-8
7 BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.
8 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

We know from Revelation 1:8 that Alpha and Omega is the Almighty. So we can see that Christ is the Almighty

Revelation 1:17
17And when I saw Him, I fell at his feet as dead. And He laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I Am the first and the last:

We know from Revelation 1:17-18 that the first and the last is He that lives, was dead but is alive forevermore is Christ.

Revelation 2:8
"To the angel of the church in Smyrna write: These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again.

Revelation 22:12-13
12 "Behold, I Am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. 13 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

We know from Revelation 22:13 that the first and the last is the Alpha and Omega.

Revelation 22:16,20
16 "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star."
20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I Am coming quickly." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

The immediate text clearly tells us that it was Jesus who was pierced and who is Coming in the clouds. This person coming in the clouds is God(Jesus-the Son of Man),

Daniel 7:13-14
And behold, with the clouds of heaven
One like a Son of Man was coming,
And He came up to the Ancient of Days
And was presented before Him.
14 "And to Him was given dominion,
Glory and a kingdom,
That all the peoples, nations and men of every language
Might serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion
Which will not pass away;
And His kingdom is one
Which will not be destroyed.

Matthew 24:30-31
30 "And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory.

Matthew 26:64
Jesus said to him, "You have said it yourself; nevertheless I tell you, hereafter you will see THE SON OF MAN SITTING AT THE RIGHT HAND OF POWER, and COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN."

1 Thessalonians 4:17-18
Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

7 BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.
8 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

So we can see that the One who comes/is coming in the NT always refers to Jesus the Son of Man and NEVER refers to the Father. Therefore we can conclude it is Jesus who is coming whom John calls God the Alpha and Omega. This is sound biblical exegesis based on the context of the passage as well as the principle established in both Testaments on the One who is Coming in/with the Clouds- The Son of Man not the Father !!!!!!

Isaiah 44:6
Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
'I am the first and I am the last,
And there is no God besides Me.

Isaiah 48:12

"Listen to Me, O Jacob, even Israel whom I called;
I am He, I am the first, I am also the last.

hope this helps !!!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second, I have no scholars I agree with but one, THE LORD JESUS. scholars have their place, you can choose whosoever you please.... :D makes no difference with me. I can careless who you choose. but know this, if they are not of the Word of God then we will expose the lies. it makes me no difference it they are JW or not. if it's a lie it will be exposed.

I'm like my saviour, I have no respect of persons, including scholars.... :p

I will not be in any partnership with anyone or anything that lies, if I know that it's a lie.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes you would think a misprint/mistake is someone agreeing with you. You really are desperate for that aren't you? I meant Jesus isn't Almighty God
Hey, I didn't know it was a misprint...

You should be more careful about what you type, so as not to give off the wrong impression.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BARNEY BRIGHT,

You cannot call on the name "Jehovah" and be saved, according to Acts of the Apostles 4:10-12...

The only name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved is the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Since that is the case, if Romans 10:13 is translated correctly in your Bible....

then it is saying that the name of Jehovah is Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

For the scripture cannot be broken...

PS I suggest that you adopt the part of the Berean (Acts of the Apostles 17:10-11) and compare the above scriptures in your Bible; and see if there isn't a contradiction that is reconciled by my above statements.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does the New World Translation translate Acts 4:10-12?
Got the answer online...
10 let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel that in the name of Jesus Christ the Naz·a·reneʹ k whom you executed on a stakel but whom God raised up from the dead,m by means of him* this man stands here healthy in front of you. n o 11 This is ‘the stone that was treated by you builders as of no account that has become the chief cornerstone. 12 Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other nameo under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.

Yes, @BARNEY BRIGHT,

you have an uncontrovertible dilemna.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say yes of course.

Yikes!
No you are in error as we read below from Scripture. These passages in Revelation make it clear that Jesus is God. Remember it is Jesus in the NT who is Coming back to earth that every eye will see. It was Jesus who was pierced on the cross for our sins. John is clearly once again calling Jesus God!!!!!!! The Coming and the coming in the clouds never refers to the Father in the NT but always to Jesus.

We know from Revelation 1:8 that Alpha and Omega is the Almighty. So we can see that Christ is the Almighty

Revelation 1:17
17And when I saw Him, I fell at his feet as dead. And He laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I Am the first and the last:

We know from Revelation 1:17-18 that the first and the last is He that lives, was dead but is alive forevermore is Christ.

Revelation 2:8
"To the angel of the church in Smyrna write: These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again.

Revelation 22:12-13
12 "Behold, I Am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. 13 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

We know from Revelation 22:13 that the first and the last is the Alpha and Omega.

Revelation 22:16,20
16 "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star."
20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I Am coming quickly." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

The immediate text clearly tells us that it was Jesus who was pierced and who is Coming in the clouds. This person coming in the clouds is God(Jesus-the Son of Man),

Daniel 7:13-14
And behold, with the clouds of heaven
One like a Son of Man was coming,
And He came up to the Ancient of Days
And was presented before Him.
14 "And to Him was given dominion,
Glory and a kingdom,
That all the peoples, nations and men of every language
Might serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion
Which will not pass away;
And His kingdom is one
Which will not be destroyed.

Matthew 24:30-31
30 "And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory.

Matthew 26:64
Jesus said to him, "You have said it yourself; nevertheless I tell you, hereafter you will see THE SON OF MAN SITTING AT THE RIGHT HAND OF POWER, and COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN."

1 Thessalonians 4:17-18
Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

So we can see that the One who comes/is coming in the NT always refers to Jesus the Son of Man and NEVER refers to the Father. Therefore we can conclude it is Jesus who is coming whom John calls God the Alpha and Omega. This is sound biblical exegesis based on the context of the passage as well as the principle established in both Testaments on the One who is Coming in/with the Clouds- The Son of Man not the Father !!!!!!

Isaiah 44:6
Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
'I am the first and I am the last,
And there is no God besides Me.

Isaiah 48:12

"Listen to Me, O Jacob, even Israel whom I called;
I am He, I am the first, I am also the last.

hope this helps !!!

You can argue all you want about it, but the scriptures concerning the Messiah/Jesus, but while the title “Mighty God” is applied to both Jesus and YHWH/Jehovah.This hebrew expression is ʼEl Gib·bohr.' The Hebrew word ʼEl Shad·dai, which is translated God Almighty is never applied to Jesus in the Scriptures, it's only applied to YHWH/Jehovah.

Revelation 1:8 is speaking about the Father and God of Jesus. It is Jehovah who is the Alpha and Omega not Jesus, he is the Only Begotten Son of God whose name is Jehovah.

Yes Jehovah God is working through his Only Begotten Son. John 3:16 shows that this is true.This is how Jehovah God is saving the world of mankind. Also the scriptures are very explicit that the Father and God of Jesus has subjected all authorities to his Only Begotten Son Jesus.The only person not subject to Jesus is the person who subjected all authorities to him which is the Father and God of Jesus, Jehovah. So since Jehovah God is working through his Only Begotten Son it's true that Jehovah God would send his Only Begotten Son Jesus with his Angels to destroy all the wicked at Armageddon.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second, I have no scholars I agree with but one, THE LORD JESUS. scholars have their place, you can choose whosoever you please.... :D makes no difference with me. I can careless who you choose. but know this, if they are not of the Word of God then we will expose the lies. it makes me no difference it they are JW or not. if it's a lie it will be exposed.

I'm like my saviour, I have no respect of persons, including scholars.... :p

I will not be in any partnership with anyone or anything that lies, if I know that it's a lie.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Well when Jesus says that he has a Father and God in Scripture that's what I'm going to believe.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 1:8 is speaking about the Father and God of Jesus. It is Jehovah who is the Alpha and Omega not Jesus, he is the Only Begotten Son of God whose name is Jehovah.

Look at Revelation 22:13.

Rev 22:13, I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

(in my Bible this is in red letters; but for your sake I will concede to your pov for a moment and not put it in red letters so that you can follow my line of reasoning).

Here, Jehovah, the Alpha and Omega, is the first and the last (as you have said that the Alpha and Omega is Jehovah, not Jesus);.

Do you agree?

Good.

Now, look at Revelation 1:17-18 (I will again not put this in red letters for your sake in order that you might follow my line of reasoning more succinctly).

Rev 1:17, And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Rev 1:18, I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

:rolleyes::eek:

When was Jehovah ever dead?

Well when Jesus says that he has a Father and God in Scripture that's what I'm going to believe.

The Bible teaches that God has a Father (Revelation 1:6 (kjv)) and God (Hebrews 1:8-9)

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BARNEY BRIGHT,

You cannot call on the name "Jehovah" and be saved, according to Acts of the Apostles 4:10-12...

The only name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved is the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Since that is the case, if Romans 10:13 is translated correctly in your Bible....

then it is saying that the name of Jehovah is Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

For the scripture cannot be broken...

PS I suggest that you adopt the part of the Berean (Acts of the Apostles 17:10-11) and compare the above scriptures in your Bible; and see if there isn't a contradiction that is reconciled by my above statements.

When it comes to Acts 4:10-12 I recognize that Peter said that God raised Jesus from the dead. You can argue all you want but that shows that Jesus and The True God are not the same. So does God work through his Only Begotten Son Jesus today, yes. Do we pray to Jesus, no. We pray to The True God Jehovah through his Only Begotten Son Jesus. Do we have to exercise faith that God sent his Only Begotten Son to the World of Mankind to save The World of Mankind, yes. God's Only Begotten Son is the Messiah the seed that Jehovah God promised.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at Revelation 22:13.

Rev 22:13, I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

(in my Bible this is in red letters; but for your sake I will concede to your pov for a moment and not put it in red letters so that you can follow my line of reasoning).

Here, Jehovah, the Alpha and Omega, is the first and the last (as you have said that the Alpha and Omega is Jehovah, not Jesus);.

Do you agree?

Good.

Now, look at Revelation 1:17-18 (I will again not put this in red letters for your sake in order that you might follow my line of reasoning more succinctly).

Rev 1:17, And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Rev 1:18, I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

:rolleyes::eek:

When was Jehovah ever dead?

The Bible teaches that God has a Father (Revelation 1:6 (kjv)) and God (Hebrews 1:8-9)

Just because the verse preceding Revelation 22:13 speaks of that “Alpha and Omega” as coming does not necessarily mean it refers to Christ Jesus, whose second coming is frequently mentioned. Revelation 1:8 shows Jehovah as coming, and so Revelation 22:12 may do likewise. He comes representatively, through Christ Jesus. Revelation 4:8 speaks of Jehovah as coming, and Revelation 21 shows his presence with humankind. “Look! the tent of God is with humankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. . . . I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To anyone thirsting I will give from the fountain of the water of life free. Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I shall be his God and he will be my son.” (Re 21 Vss. 3, 6, 7) This reference is certainly to Jehovah God, for he is God to the anointed body members of Christ and they are his spiritual sons, but they're said to be Christ’s brothers, not sons, so the text is speaking of Jehovah, and it calls him “the Alpha and the Omega”. So when the Alpha and Omega is mentioned again in the very next chapter, why must the term suddenly shift to Christ Jesus instead of Jehovah God? It does not.

Some argue that it refers to Christ Jesus at Revelation 22:13 because verse 16 shows Jesus speaking. But that does not mean the speaker of the preceding verses must also be Jesus. The use of the single quotation marks in the New World Translation shows a change in speakers between verses 15 and 16. We must remember that the revelation God gave to Jesus Christ was passed on to the apostle John by one of Christ’s angels, and that this angel sometimes spoke for Jehovah God and sometimes for Christ Jesus; so we must watch for these changes and note them on the basis of content and context. It is true that when the angel speaks for Christ, at Revelation 1:17 (NW), he states: “I am the First and the Last.” But a check of the context shows this “First and Last” was with definite limitations, was relative to just the matter of Christ Jesus’ death and resurrection, as verse 18 shows. Christ was the first one raised in the first resurrection, and the last one that will be raised directly by Jehovah God. Others who follow in that resurrection will be raised by God through Christ. (John 6:40; 1 Cor. 6:14) In fact, this limitation is also shown by the footnote on “First” in Revelation 1:17 in the New World Translation, where “First” is shown to mean “Firstborn” by one ancient manuscript. Christ was the firstfruits of those asleep in death. (1 Cor. 15:20) When “First and Last” is again applied to Christ Jesus, at Revelation 2:8, note that again it is with respect to death and resurrection. But when it speaks thus of Jehovah no limitation is set on the meaning.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can argue all you want about it, but the scriptures concerning the Messiah/Jesus, but while the title “Mighty God” is applied to both Jesus and YHWH/Jehovah.This hebrew expression is ʼEl Gib·bohr.' The Hebrew word ʼEl Shad·dai, which is translated God Almighty is never applied to Jesus in the Scriptures, it's only applied to YHWH/Jehovah.

Yes Jehovah God is working through his Only Begotten Son. John 3:16 shows that this is true.This is how Jehovah God is saving the world of mankind. Also the scriptures are very explicit that the Father and God of Jesus has subjected all authorities to his Only Begotten Son Jesus.The only person not subject to Jesus is the person who subjected all authorities to him which is the Father and God of Jesus, Jehovah. So since Jehovah God is working through his Only Begotten Son it's true that Jehovah God would send his Only Begotten Son Jesus with his Angels to destroy all the wicked at Armageddon.
Is this an admission to what you believe?...

You say yes of course.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because the verse preceding Revelation 22:13 speaks of that “Alpha and Omega” as coming does not necessarily mean it refers to Christ Jesus, whose second coming is frequently mentioned. Revelation 1:8 shows Jehovah as coming, and so Revelation 22:12 may do likewise. He comes representatively, through Christ Jesus. Revelation 4:8 speaks of Jehovah as coming, and Revelation 21 shows his presence with humankind. “Look! the tent of God is with humankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. . . . I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To anyone thirsting I will give from the fountain of the water of life free. Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I shall be his God and he will be my son.” (Re 21 Vss. 3, 6, 7) This reference is certainly to Jehovah God, for he is God to the anointed body members of Christ and they are his spiritual sons, but they're said to be Christ’s brothers, not sons, so the text is speaking of Jehovah, and it calls him “the Alpha and the Omega”. So when the Alpha and Omega is mentioned again in the very next chapter, why must the term suddenly shift to Christ Jesus instead of Jehovah God? It does not.

Some argue that it refers to Christ Jesus at Revelation 22:13 because verse 16 shows Jesus speaking. But that does not mean the speaker of the preceding verses must also be Jesus. The use of the single quotation marks in the New World Translation shows a change in speakers between verses 15 and 16. We must remember that the revelation God gave to Jesus Christ was passed on to the apostle John by one of Christ’s angels, and that this angel sometimes spoke for Jehovah God and sometimes for Christ Jesus; so we must watch for these changes and note them on the basis of content and context. It is true that when the angel speaks for Christ, at Revelation 1:17 (NW), he states: “I am the First and the Last.” But a check of the context shows this “First and Last” was with definite limitations, was relative to just the matter of Christ Jesus’ death and resurrection, as verse 18 shows. Christ was the first one raised in the first resurrection, and the last one that will be raised directly by Jehovah God. Others who follow in that resurrection will be raised by God through Christ. (John 6:40; 1 Cor. 6:14) In fact, this limitation is also shown by the footnote on “First” in Revelation 1:17 in the New World Translation, where “First” is shown to mean “Firstborn” by one ancient manuscript. Christ was the firstfruits of those asleep in death. (1 Cor. 15:20) When “First and Last” is again applied to Christ Jesus, at Revelation 2:8, note that again it is with respect to death and resurrection. But when it speaks thus of Jehovah no limitation is set on the meaning.

I am actually agreeing with you that in Revelation 22:13, "Alpha and Omega" refers to Jehovah.

Read post #496 (Irrefutable proof that Jesus is God.) again.

There is only one Person who is the First and the Last.

Last edited: