Is Being Catholic And Being Born-Again The Same Thing ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vashti

Nov 10, 2011
Selene said:
I noticed you did not even have anything to say about my last post when I refuted your arguementf..

only in your imagination...
Come on, I do not have time for comments kilometric nonsense, you also do not reply to all my entries B)

But that is something you can't understand because you think the spirit is only symbolic, not real.

You know better what I think than I...

Our oral traditions does not contradict Scripture. Just because Scripture does not mention it does not mean we are contradicting it. Scripture doesn't say that we should brush our teeth everyday; yet you brush your teeth. Scripture does not say anything about the assumption of Mary; therefore, we are not contradicting the Bible. That's the whole point.

But Scripture mentions ... just you do not see...

- "Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength" ( Jer 17:5 ) - and Maria is a human?

- Deu 5:7-9 esv "(7) "'You shall have no other gods before me. (8) "'You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. (9) You shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,"

- Deu 18:10-11 esv "(10) There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer (11) or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead,"

- 1Tm 2:5 esv "(5) For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,"

Have you wondered why the wise men from the east just worshiped HIM and not THEIR? =>

Mt 2:11 esv "(11) And going into the house they saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell down and worshiped him. Then, opening their treasures, they offered him gifts, gold and frankincense and myrrh."

Have you ever wondered on Marian sanctuaries in the light given citations?

and about your digressions about teeth, Reverend, I do not understand why anyone has to expect read about it in the Bible ... unless you think the cleaning of teeth affects your salvation ;)

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
You know better what I think than I...

But Scripture mentions ... just you do not see...

- "Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength" ( Jer 17:5 ) - and Maria is a human?

- Deu 5:7-9 esv "(7) "'You shall have no other gods before me. (8) "'You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. (9) You shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,"

- Deu 18:10-11 esv "(10) There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer (11) or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead,"

- 1Tm 2:5 esv "(5) For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,"

Have you wondered why the wise men from the east just worshiped HIM and not THEIR? =>

Mt 2:11 esv "(11) And going into the house they saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell down and worshipedhim. Then, opening their treasures, they offered him gifts, gold and frankincense and myrrh."

Have you ever wondered on Marian sanctuaries in the light given citations?

and about your digressions about teeth, Reverend, I do not understand why anyone has to expect read about it in the Bible ... unless you think the cleaning of teeth affects your salvation ;)

It was right there in your own post. You think that Jesus' use of the word "Spirit" was symbolic.

In any of the scriptures that you quoted, I don't see anything in there about the "assumption of Mary." Nothing in those qutoes says anything about the assumption of Mary just as nothing in the Bible says anything about brushing your teeth. :) So, your accusations of Catholics going against the Bible is proven to be unfounded.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, believing in the doctrine of the Assumption of May is not necessary for salvation (just like brushing your teeth or George Washington)

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Also, believing in the doctrine of the Assumption of May is not necessary for salvation (just like brushing your teeth or George Washington)

Exactly! None of those bilbical quotes she cited mentioned anything about the assumption of Mary, brushing your teeth or even George Washington. But her post clearly showed that she thinks that when Jesus spoke about the spirit....he was actually speaking symbolically. The Bible clearly points out that the spirit is real and not a symbol. So, when Jesus says that He speaks in the spirit, that never meant that He was speaking symbolically and that was her error. Notice that she never explained that part any further?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly! None of those bilbical quotes she cited mentioned anything about the assumption of Mary, brushing your teeth or even George Washington. But her post clearly showed that she thinks that when Jesus spoke about the spirit....he was actually speaking symbolically. The Bible clearly points out that the spirit is real and not a symbol. So, when Jesus says that He speaks in the spirit, that never meant that He was speaking symbolically and that was her error. Notice that she never explained that part any further?

Based on her hostile attitude, I think all she wants to do is fight.

Vashti

Nov 10, 2011
Selene said:
It was right there in your own post. You think that Jesus' use of the word "Spirit" was symbolic.
[...]
But her post clearly showed that she thinks that when Jesus spoke about the spirit....he was actually speaking symbolically

Please quote.

In any of the scriptures that you quoted, I don't see anything in there about the "assumption of Mary." Nothing in those qutoes says anything about the assumption of Mary just as nothing in the Bible says anything about brushing your teeth.

You don't see anything about pedophiles and their hiding too or about Allah and about many things...
There is the kind of people ( Mt 16:2-4 ) ... When it is evening, they say, 'It will be fair weather, for the sky is red.' And in the morning, 'It will be stormy today, for the sky is red and threatening.' They know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but they cannot see in the Bible about the worship of human. :blink:

Aspen said:
Also, believing in the doctrine of the Assumption of May is not necessary for salvation

and believing in the doctrine of the Koran is not necessary for salvation too...

(just like brushing your teeth or George Washington)

no "just like", because brushing your teeth does not affect your salvation in the difference from the worship of man.

Based on her hostile attitude, I think all she wants to do is fight.

If the pay attention to the biblical quotes you call "hostile attitude" it your choice...
fight with windmills is not the peak of my dreams ... <_<