Is there salvation outside the Catholic Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
My head's spinning. Meanwhile I ran across another bit of interesting news about a proposed German synod.

Vatican: German Synod Plans ‘Not Ecclesiologically Valid’

The assessment, signed by the head of the Vatican’s Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts, says that the German bishops’ plans violate canonical norms and do, in fact, set out to alter universal norms and doctrines of the Church.

In his legal review of the draft statutes, Archbishop Filippo Iannone, head of the Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts, noted that the Germans propose to treat four key themes: “authority, participation and separation of powers,” “sexual morality,” “the form of priestly life” and “women in Church ministries and offices.”

“It is easy to see that these themes do not only affect the Church in Germany but the universal Church and — with few exceptions — cannot be the object of the deliberations or decisions of a particular Church without contravening what is expressed by the Holy Father in his letter,” Archbishop Iannone wrote.

In his letter to the Church in Germany issued in June, Pope Francis warned the German bishops to respect the universal communion of the Church.

“Every time the ecclesial community has tried to resolve its problems alone, trusting and focusing exclusively on its forces or its methods, its intelligence, its will or prestige, it ended up increasing and perpetuating the evils it tried to solve,” Francis wrote.

The Vatican’s legal assessment raised a series of concerns about the proposed structure and the participants in the German “synodal path.” It concluded that the German bishops are not planning a national synod, but instead a particular Church council — something they cannot conduct without explicit Roman approval.

“It is clear from the articles of the draft of the statutes that the [German] Episcopal Conference has in mind to make a particular council pursuant to Canons 439-446 but without using this term,” the letter said, emphasizing the need for Vatican permission for such a gathering.

“If the German Episcopal Conference has arrived at the conviction that a particular council is necessary, they should follow the procedures provided by the Code [of Canon Law] in order to arrive at a binding deliberation.”

A council, unlike a synod, is a meeting of bishops given the authority to make laws for the Church in a particular country or region, but only under the direct authority of Rome, which defines the scope of its authority. A synod, which the German bishops have called their planned gathering, is instead supposed to be a pastoral and consultative group, without the authority to set policy. Holding a council at the national level is far less common than is holding a synod and requires that the Apostolic See approve its agenda, scope of action and its final resolutions.

The German bishops’ plan for the synod confers to the synod’s membership the ability to make new policies for the Church in Germany. This, the Vatican letter said, is not acceptable.

The Vatican letter also said that the proposed makeup of the Synodal Assembly is “not ecclesiologically valid.” It cited the bishops’ proposed partnership with the Central Committee of German Catholics, a lay group that has taken public stances against a range of Church teachings, including on women’s ordination and sexual morality.

The Vatican assessment noted with concern that the Central Committee of German Catholics only agreed to be involved in the process if the synod assembly could make binding policies for the German Church.

“How can a particular Church deliberate in a binding way if the topics dealt with affect the whole Church?” Archbishop Iannone asked.

“The episcopal conference cannot give legal effect to resolutions [on these matters]; this is beyond its competence,” his letter said.

“Synodality in the Church, to which Pope Francis refers often, is not synonymous with democracy or majority decisions,” Archbishop Iannone wrote, noting that even when a synod of bishops meets in Rome “it is up to the pontiff to present the results.”

It looks like a potential revolt to me. It could be worse. You could have someone like Boris Johnson running things.

I hear the news on the BBC almost every morning; and if something rouses my interest, I may look into it more later.

Some places in Italy seem to be falling apart. Has Rome fixed their problem with trash yet? I heard that when Putin came to visit the Pope, the trash got picked up. Thanks, Putin!

The Italian national debt seems to be a major problem. I'm not sure who's on which side though.
Later,,, on phone.
Don't know about German Synod....
There's no such thing,,,,, schism has happened???!
Italys debt,,, yes, need my computer.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The Pope wants to take Dignitatus Humanae off the paper, and put it into action.
Catholics are not divided between "liberal" and "conservative". Friction exists between pseudo-schismatics (who are still in the Church) and those loyal to the Magisterium. This is nothing new.
It seems to me that the liberal catholics are with Francis...and the conservative catholics are against him.

There is already a schism...and as I've been saying for a few years now...we'll see who gets to stay and who has to leave. I think the Pope will get to stay.

As to the magesterium,,,if I understand everything properly,,,I think it'll be on its way out and the new and permanent synod will replace it and Francis will have all his wishes come true.

Conservatives in the CC are called Traditionalists.
What is the liberal side called? I can't remember right now.

Pope Francis hopes “all” young people will participate in the preparation of the October 2018 Synod, inviting the world’s young people to contribute online via social media.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE in #SYNOD2018:

World’s Young People Can Participate in Pre-Synodal Meeting in Rome Next Month: World's Young People Can Participate in Pre-Synodal Meeting in Rome Next Month - ZENIT - English

For young people, a Facebook page has been created: Log in or sign up to view

The Synod’s official site published, in English, with useful instruments for the pre-synodal meeting:

Pre-Synodal Meeting
There are too many footnotes to paste. What page is it on?
http://w2.vatican.va/content/dam/fr...sortazione-ap_20160319_amoris-laetitia_en.pdf

I won't be following what's going on in the church as much as I used to...but I'm sure in time I'll be knowing more about what's going on.

We have a new bishop here and he has some plans for the young for next year but I don't know what his idea is or if it comes from him or the Vatican. Young persons here don't even go to church once they're done with catechism, so anything they can think of will be welcomed.

Only if the first "marriage" was not yet proven invalid. That is your opinion. The Church has never taught that. The Church doesn't excommunicate anyone in these circumstances, people excommunicate themselves. The Mass is a public event. Anyone can attend, but not everyone can receive.
Exodus 12:43-45; Ezek. 44:9 – no one outside the “family of God” shall eat the lamb. Non-Catholics should not partake of the Eucharist until they are in full communion with the Church.
Pre 1917 divorced persons were not allowed into a church. This is a fact.
This is no longer true, of course.

Not allowing a person to receive communion is, IN MY OPINION, defacto ex-communication...they cannot really participate in THE MASS,,,,which IS the sacrifice and receiving the body of Christ.

Catholics in a state of mortal sin won't get any benefit from It. The remarried, who do not want to be separated from God and/or scandalize the community, are entitled to mercy, not rules. For some, this poses a scandal in the community, especially the pseudo-schismatics.
So, IOW, it was wrong for the church to disallow remarrieds to receive communion BEFORE? So why should the CC be trusted in anything it states? Was it right BEFORE, or is it right NOW? Is it OK to receive communion in a STATE OF MORTAL SIN with the church's approval? Can I receive communion in a state of mortal sin, but a different sin other than being remarried? If not.....why not? A mortal sin is a mortal sin.

The rules for what defines "remarried" is not doctrinal, for the 10th time, and it does not apply to all situations. So the Church should deny them the right to sacramentalize the marriage?
That's true, the pseudo-schismatics went nuts. For those loyal to the Magisterium, Laetitia Amoris was a relief for those who found themselves in a complex situation. There are no easy recipes.
I expressed my opinion in the reply just above this paragraph.
Either the church was wrong BEFORE...
or it's wrong NOW and cannot be trusted anymore.

THIS is one of the reasons why doctrine cannot change...
doctrine is supposed to be INFALLIBLE.
If you want to believe that allowing persons to receive communion is NOT a doctrine...that is your prerogative. I don't agree and neither do most priests, except the liberal ones. (sorry but that's the term I'm used to)

You might enjoy reading the entire article which I'm linking.
It clearly states that fornication is an INFALLIBLE teaching and thus the problem Francis has created:

Cardinal Ratzinger used his “diachronic” hermeneutic in explaining a declaration by the pope confirming or reaffirming the ordinary and universal magisterium, a declaration which “is not a new dogmatic definition, but a formal attestation of a truth already possessed and infallibly transmitted by the Church.”[27] His concrete example of a papal reaffirmation, the male-only priesthood, shows that it is the office of the Roman Pontiff to confirm his brethren in what has been traditionally taught and believed by the whole Church. He and he alone can do so infallibly. He can do it even without a solemn definition, because he is confirming tradition (“a truth already possessed and infallibly transmitted by the Church”).

This line of reasoning is quite welcome to the Traditionalist, not only for its emphasis on tradition in determining Catholic truth, but also for the role it gives the Roman Pontiff, whose proper authority Traditionalists see as having been eclipsed by an egalitarian view of episcopal collegiality.

Examples of doctrines of this second category are, by historical necessity: the legitimacy of the election of a pope, the celebration of an ecumenical council, the canonizations of saints, and Leo XIII’s declaration, in Apostolicae Curae, of the invalidity of Anglican orders; by logical necessity: the primacy and infallibility of the Roman Pontiff as it was known before its definition at Vatican I, the moral teachings on the illicitness of prostitution and fornication, and the doctrine of a male-only priesthood.[28] Just as the doctrines on the papacy were “promoted” to the first category at Vatican I, DC notes that the Church’s teaching against women’s ordination is subject to a similar elevation to the highest category.

source: The Three Levels of Magisterial Teaching

(about 1/3 of the way down the page)

The main concern is for the children. How is a parent supposed to be the primary educator by setting the example of not receiving? There are numerous paragraphs concerning the spiritual being of children. Not once have you referenced any of that. It's easier to beak off rather than take the time to understand it.

Beak off...? whatever that is.
Take the time to understand?

I was a catechist till just 3 or 4 years ago.
I took the time to understand PLENTY.
I've read my share of papal bulls.
I had to understand what was happening in the church during Am. Lat.

Not once have I referenced children?
Did you ever notice my avatar?
You don't know which side I'm on...you never asked.

I'm just presenting to you what the CC teaches.
I'm just saying a DOCTRINE has been changed.

You don't have to agree with me, of course.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
My head's spinning. Meanwhile I ran across another bit of interesting news about a proposed German synod.

Vatican: German Synod Plans ‘Not Ecclesiologically Valid’

The assessment, signed by the head of the Vatican’s Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts, says that the German bishops’ plans violate canonical norms and do, in fact, set out to alter universal norms and doctrines of the Church.

In his legal review of the draft statutes, Archbishop Filippo Iannone, head of the Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts, noted that the Germans propose to treat four key themes: “authority, participation and separation of powers,” “sexual morality,” “the form of priestly life” and “women in Church ministries and offices.”

“It is easy to see that these themes do not only affect the Church in Germany but the universal Church and — with few exceptions — cannot be the object of the deliberations or decisions of a particular Church without contravening what is expressed by the Holy Father in his letter,” Archbishop Iannone wrote.

In his letter to the Church in Germany issued in June, Pope Francis warned the German bishops to respect the universal communion of the Church.

“Every time the ecclesial community has tried to resolve its problems alone, trusting and focusing exclusively on its forces or its methods, its intelligence, its will or prestige, it ended up increasing and perpetuating the evils it tried to solve,” Francis wrote.

The Vatican’s legal assessment raised a series of concerns about the proposed structure and the participants in the German “synodal path.” It concluded that the German bishops are not planning a national synod, but instead a particular Church council — something they cannot conduct without explicit Roman approval.

“It is clear from the articles of the draft of the statutes that the [German] Episcopal Conference has in mind to make a particular council pursuant to Canons 439-446 but without using this term,” the letter said, emphasizing the need for Vatican permission for such a gathering.

“If the German Episcopal Conference has arrived at the conviction that a particular council is necessary, they should follow the procedures provided by the Code [of Canon Law] in order to arrive at a binding deliberation.”

A council, unlike a synod, is a meeting of bishops given the authority to make laws for the Church in a particular country or region, but only under the direct authority of Rome, which defines the scope of its authority. A synod, which the German bishops have called their planned gathering, is instead supposed to be a pastoral and consultative group, without the authority to set policy. Holding a council at the national level is far less common than is holding a synod and requires that the Apostolic See approve its agenda, scope of action and its final resolutions.

The German bishops’ plan for the synod confers to the synod’s membership the ability to make new policies for the Church in Germany. This, the Vatican letter said, is not acceptable.

The Vatican letter also said that the proposed makeup of the Synodal Assembly is “not ecclesiologically valid.” It cited the bishops’ proposed partnership with the Central Committee of German Catholics, a lay group that has taken public stances against a range of Church teachings, including on women’s ordination and sexual morality.

The Vatican assessment noted with concern that the Central Committee of German Catholics only agreed to be involved in the process if the synod assembly could make binding policies for the German Church.

“How can a particular Church deliberate in a binding way if the topics dealt with affect the whole Church?” Archbishop Iannone asked.

“The episcopal conference cannot give legal effect to resolutions [on these matters]; this is beyond its competence,” his letter said.

“Synodality in the Church, to which Pope Francis refers often, is not synonymous with democracy or majority decisions,” Archbishop Iannone wrote, noting that even when a synod of bishops meets in Rome “it is up to the pontiff to present the results.”

It looks like a potential revolt to me. It could be worse. You could have someone like Boris Johnson running things.

I hear the news on the BBC almost every morning; and if something rouses my interest, I may look into it more later.

Some places in Italy seem to be falling apart. Has Rome fixed their problem with trash yet? I heard that when Putin came to visit the Pope, the trash got picked up. Thanks, Putin!

The Italian national debt seems to be a major problem. I'm not sure who's on which side though.
I don't know about this German Synod.
I tend to not go by the news but by what I can learn directly from the church since I do have access as to what's going on....but not as much as I used to.

Personally, I'm worried about the permanent synod Francis wants to assemble.
Time will tell, but I think he'll get it done.
The liberals will be happy..
The conservatives, or traditionalists, will be horrified.

As to the Italian economy.
When countries joined the EU, they had to promise that their debt ratio to production (I'm forgetting the English terms) would not exceed 3% --- you know, they had to PROMISE, like in kindergarten.

Somehow or other, this ceiling has been respected by all the member countries.
In Greece the general population is experiencing hunger...yes, hunger.

Why? Because they had such a large national debt when they joined and it has to be paid down to get to the 3% ratio. Who cares if people are being taxed to starvation?
Better to pay down the debt, right?

Next. Countries can not PRINT MONEY.
So as inflation happens, WHERE does the extra money we need come from?
OUR POCKETS, of course. Bleed' em dry.

Italy WAS bargaining with the EU to try to get the 3% increased.
But you know what happened.
Salvini thought we'd go to elections in October..instead there was the political coupe we've already spoken of. Now he's telling the country that we should march on Rome in protest. A lot of good that would do. Anyway, Italians are not the protesting type..not really. And, as I've stated, I really think Salvini was forced out somehow.
So now migrants will start entering Italy again -- it had dropped SIGNIFICANTLY.
So they come to a country that cannot even handle its own.

Actually, I've stopped watching the news.
I really can't take much more of this. I grew up in the states and this is all too crazy for me.

Reactions: Giuliano

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Doctrines flow directly, or indirectly, from what has been divinely revealed, through the Written or Spoken Word. The are not created.
Why don't you name the first "little burden" (or the second, or the third...) instead of generalizations and false histories? (which is extremely annoying) It surprises me coming from you.
No, heretics make everything complicated. Christ gave sinful human beings the authority to teach, and correct the scandal of division, which the Apostles and their successors did emphatically.
You want me to name burdens?

1. If I miss church I'm going to hell.
2. Saved-Lost-Saved-Lost ..... no security AT ALL (and I don't believe in eternal security).
3. Trying to understand the difference between a venial sin and a mortal sin.
Can a venial sin become a mortal sin?
4. Purgatory. Did you know that kids are more afraid of purgatory than of hell?
5. I'm told to love my neighbor, but never told how.
6. How do I know for sure a sin has been forgiven? What if I forget to confess a sin? I have a friend who is actually worried about this.

I could go on forever.
Of course I'm not really asking you anything since I know the answer to all.

But I listed some examples of the burden the church has placed on persons...
Jesus said HIS BURDEN IS LIGHT...
the church makes it heavy...some just leave the church; they give up.

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Soooooo - I hit a nerve and you really DO believe Jesus lied in Matt. 16:8.
Is that what you're going to tell Him when you meet Him?
I'm sure you didn't hit any of @Giuliano 's nerves.
We all just get tired of you.
And what a terrible comment to make.
You should read your bible and try to learn what Jesus taught.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

There are many valid reasons for 'missing church' . willful disobedience is not one of them.

2. Saved-Lost-Saved-Lost ..... no security AT ALL (and I don't believe in eternal security).

One who endures to the end has hope and security. That enduring includes stumbles and falls and continuing to avail themselves of God's mercy and grace, freely given to all..

Yes, if its willfully and stubbornly continued, presuming upon God's grace and mercy..

They shouldnt be. We should welcome the purifying fire.

You were a catechist and never told those you taught how to love your neighbour?

6. How do I know for sure a sin has been forgiven? What if I forget to confess a sin? I have a friend who is actually worried about this.

In the sacrament of reconcilliation one receives absolution for all their sins, including unremembered ones. Reassure your friend ;)

Peace be with you!

Reactions: epostle

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want me to name burdens?

I could go on forever.
Of course I'm not really asking you anything since I know the answer to all.

But I listed some example of the burden the church has placed on persons...
Jesus said HIS BURDEN IS LIGHT...
the church makes it heavy...some just leave the church; they give up.
1. Missing mass doesn't send you to Hell. That's something YOU made up.
Abandoning your weekly obligation to attend Mass for frivolous reasons certainly puts you in grave sin - but ALL sin is forgivable. The only thing that is a direct ticket to Hell is final impenitence . . .

WHO said we have "No security at all"?? Again - this is something YOU invented - not the Church. As Catholics, we have a moral certitude that we will make it to Heaven if we endure in faith to the end - JUST like Jesus said (Matt. 24:13).

I don't know if ANYBODY who doesn't know the difference between a minor sin, like stealing a pencil - and a major sin, like fornication.
You must not know too many bright people . . .

Again - I don't know if ONE single person who is "more afraid" of Purgatory than Hell because they understand that Hell is eternal and Purgatory is temporal. WHO are these "geniuses" you hang around with??

You were "NEVER" told how to love your neighbor in the Catholic Church through acts of charity and/or prayer and forgiveness?? Sorry - but I call "B.S.". on that one. I have heard more about that during the average weekly homily than I did ANYWHERE else . . .

We are taught over and over and over that our venial sins are forgiven through a penitent heart and prayer of contrition. We are also taught that we must confess mortal sins to a priest. In BOTH cases, we are taught that we are 100% forgiven.
If you say that you weren't taught this - you were NEVER a Catholic.

You attribute a LOT of your own made-up manure to the Catholic Church - which are simply twisted lies spilling out of your own warped mind.
Not sure why you have such a problem with the truth - but you should pray about it . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure you didn't hit any of @Giuliano 's nerves.
We all just get tired of you.
And what a terrible comment to make.
You should read your bible and try to learn what Jesus taught.
Ummmmm like NOT lying??
Maybe YOU should read that part . . .

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
There are many valid reasons for 'missing church' . willful disobedience is not one of them.

One who endures to the end has hope and security. That enduring includes stumbles and falls and continuing to avail themselves of God's mercy and grace, freely given to all..

Yes, if its willfully and stubbornly continued, presuming upon God's grace and mercy..

They shouldnt be. We should welcome the purifying fire.

You were a catechist and never told those you taught how to love your neighbour?

In the sacrament of reconcilliation one receives absolution for all their sins, including unremembered ones. Reassure your friend ;)

Peace be with you!
You're a nice person PJ.
I'll just say this:

I agree with your answers except for no. 2

And I didn't say I didn't teach how to forgive a neighbor, or why...
I said I WAS NEVER TAUGHT IT by the CC. (as a normal parishioner)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
1. Missing mass doesn't send you to Hell. That's something YOU made up.
Abandoning your weekly obligation to attend Mass for frivolous reasons certainly puts you in grave sin - but ALL sin is forgivable. The only thing that is a direct ticket to Hell is final impenitence . . .

WHO said we have "No security at all"?? Again - this is something YOU invented - not the Church. As Catholics, we have a moral certitude that we will make it to Heaven if we endure in faith to the end - JUST like Jesus said (Matt. 24:13).

I don't know if ANYBODY who doesn't know the difference between a minor sin, like stealing a pencil - and a major sin, like fornication.
You must not know too many bright people . . .

Again - I don't know if ONE single person who is "more afraid" of Purgatory than Hell because they understand that Hell is eternal and Purgatory is temporal. WHO are these "geniuses" you hang around with??

You were "NEVER" told how to love your neighbor in the Catholic Church through acts of charity and/or prayer and forgiveness?? Sorry - but I call "B.S.". on that one. I have heard more about that during the average weekly homily than I did ANYWHERE else . . .

We are taught over and over and over that our venial sins are forgiven through a penitent heart and prayer of contrition. We are also taught that we must confess mortal sins to a priest. In BOTH cases, we are taught that we are 100% forgiven.
If you say that you weren't taught this - you were NEVER a Catholic.

You attribute a LOT of your own made-up manure to the Catholic Church - which are simply twisted lies spilling out of your own warped mind.
Not sure why you have such a problem with the truth - but you should pray about it . . .
Who asked YOU?

I'm not even reading the above.
GET A LIFE.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know about this German Synod.
I tend to not go by the news but by what I can learn directly from the church since I do have access as to what's going on....but not as much as I used to.

Personally, I'm worried about the permanent synod Francis wants to assemble.
Time will tell, but I think he'll get it done.
The liberals will be happy..
The conservatives, or traditionalists, will be horrified.
It looks as if different parties are moving in different directions. I won't burden you with the latest news from the Germans, but they continue to say they're not doing anything wrong. There's probably hidden things behind the news, so I don't struggle to understand it that much.

As to the Italian economy.
When countries joined the EU, they had to promise that their debt ratio to production (I'm forgetting the English terms) would not exceed 3% --- you know, they had to PROMISE, like in kindergarten.

Somehow or other, this ceiling has been respected by all the member countries.
In Greece the general population is experiencing hunger...yes, hunger.
I think it's benefited the German banks. That's probably part of the problem.

Why? Because they had such a large national debt when they joined and it has to be paid down to get to the 3% ratio. Who cares if people are being taxed to starvation?
Better to pay down the debt, right?
It would have been better, I think, if the EU had taken action before the debt got that high. Not counting Italian banks' holdings, the French own the biggest share of Italian debt with Germany owning the second biggest. They are not being honest themselves by blaming Italy alone, not when they lent that much money.

Next. Countries can not PRINT MONEY.
So as inflation happens, WHERE does the extra money we need come from?
OUR POCKETS, of course. Bleed' em dry.

Italy WAS bargaining with the EU to try to get the 3% increased.
But you know what happened.
With the UK exiting, France and Germany will become even more dominant. They don't appear to have sensible policies themselves, not if they overlent to Greece and now Italy.

Salvini thought we'd go to elections in October..instead there was the political coupe we've already spoken of. Now he's telling the country that we should march on Rome in protest. A lot of good that would do. Anyway, Italians are not the protesting type..not really. And, as I've stated, I really think Salvini was forced out somehow.
I think he was too. The President seemed to think it was necessary.
So now migrants will start entering Italy again -- it had dropped SIGNIFICANTLY.
So they come to a country that cannot even handle its own.
No one seems able to address the real problems behind the numbers of migrants. They want to keep treating African countries as "economic colonies" that leads to poverty first of all and to corruption second. The Europeans learned about a century ago that using armies to maintain colonies was expensive and unpopular. Today they use banks. There is hope though for Africa as many countries are taking action to become more independent of European banks and investments. I also feel some contempt for the German position that they needed migrants to fill all the jobs. Why didn't they invest in other places? Why not create jobs in areas people need jobs?

Actually, I've stopped watching the news.
I really can't take much more of this. I grew up in the states and this is all too crazy for me.
It is as if much of the world is going crazy.

Reactions: GodsGrace

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who asked YOU?

I'm not even reading the above.
GET A LIFE.
GG -
You don't have to read what I write in response to your lies. Just know that I will ALWAYS be there to expose them.

Other people reading these posts have a right to know the truth.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It looks as if different parties are moving in different directions. I won't burden you with the latest news from the Germans, but they continue to say they're not doing anything wrong. There's probably hidden things behind the news, so I don't struggle to understand it that much.

I think it's benefited the German banks. That's probably part of the problem.

It would have been better, I think, if the EU had taken action before the debt got that high. Not counting Italian banks' holdings, the French own the biggest share of Italian debt with Germany owning the second biggest. They are not being honest themselves by blaming Italy alone, not when they lent that much money.

With the UK exiting, France and Germany will become even more dominant. They don't appear to have sensible policies themselves, not if they overlent to Greece and now Italy.

I think he was too. The President seemed to think it was necessary.

No one seems able to address the real problems behind the numbers of migrants. They want to keep treating African countries as "economic colonies" that leads to poverty first of all and to corruption second. The Europeans learned about a century ago that using armies to maintain colonies was expensive and unpopular. Today they use banks. There is hope though for Africa as many countries are taking action to become more independent of European banks and investments. I also feel some contempt for the German position that they needed migrants to fill all the jobs. Why didn't they invest in other places? Why not create jobs in areas people need jobs?

It is as if much of the world is going crazy.
Hey G, there's not much to say. Seems like you have a good grip on everything that's going on. Germany's economy isn't as good as it used to be, but yes, they are the ones winning the game. France is complaining now too but I don't understand enough of what's going on there.

As to your last paragraph, I firmly believe (and I'm not a conspiracy type person) that all this is calculated to achieve an end result...the disappearance of the middle class, the impoverishment of the general public, the influx of migrants Europe cannot handle...it's as if there is not to be a Europe....All the world has to become the same...every economy has to, maybe, match China's?

Crime has increased incredibly. Sweden is having much difficulty with crime on women. My friend from Northern London told me just last evening that No Go Zones DO still exist in London. A 12 year old boy threw a 6 year old boy off an outdoor parking garage 100 feet high in front of his mother's eyes.

I agree with @Philip James ... it's just starting.
God is out,,,subjective morals are in.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
GG -
You don't have to read what I write in response to your lies. Just know that I will ALWAYS be there to expose them.

Other people reading these posts have a right to know the truth.
I don't think anyone here is depending on YOU for the truth.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Meanwhile in Switzerland. . . .

Basel diocese backs same-sex marriage, blessings - Novena

The Catholic diocese of Basel, the Swiss Church’s largest, has come out in support of civil marriage equality and of Church blessings for same-sex couples.

On August 30, the legal affairs committee of the Swiss National Council voted in favour of approving same-sex marriage.

That means a draft law on marriage equality is expected to come before the National Council in its next legislature.

But in the meantime, Basel diocesan spokesman Hansruedi Huber celebrated the proposals to recognise same-sex marriages.

“We welcome the proposed regulations that give homosexual partnerships a stable and reliable legal cover.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Receiving communion in the state of on-going mortal sin is a canon law?

OR,,,is it a matter or morals and faith?

If I cannot receive communion in a state of mortal sin one day....

And the next day I can....
This is not a change in doctrine?

I don't plan on debating this.
If you write back, I'll post one link and then I'm done.
(you shouldn't need a link. this is obviously a change in doctrine).
Thank you.

You have stated your opinion. You did not provide any evidence to back up your opinion that that The Church changed their doctrine on this matter sooooo I don't know what to say.

Mary

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

You have stated your opinion. You did not provide any evidence to back up your opinion that that The Church changed their doctrine on this matter sooooo I don't know what to say.

Mary
I'm not completely sure; but this story may be what was being referred to.

Pope Francis’s Divorce & Remarriage Communion Guidelines | National Review

In September 2016, the pope sent a private letter to bishops in Buenos Aires to clarify his teachings on the issue, which he had expressed in his apostolic exhortation Amoris Laetitia. Now, the pope declared this letter to be his “authentic magisterium,” which means it is one of his official teachings.

The pope’s letter approved of the guidelines formulated by Argentine bishops in Buenos Aires on how Communion for divorced and remarried Catholics should be handled. The guidelines assert that, in certain circumstances, a person who is divorced and remarried and is living in an active sexual partnership might not be responsible or culpable for the mortal sin of adultery, “particularly when a person judges that he would fall into a subsequent fault by damaging the children of the new union.” The guidelines add that “Amoris Laetitia opens up the possibility of access to the sacraments of Reconciliation and the Eucharist.”

This caused confusion among some Catholics, who saw the statements as violating Canon 915 in the Code of Canon Law, which forbids anyone whose soul is in a state of mortal sin from receiving the Eucharist. According to the Council of Trent, a marriage cannot be dissolved by a civil divorce. Therefore, if one gets divorced and then engages in sexual activity in a second marriage, he or she is committing adultery. While true repentance through confession can absolve this sin, one cannot have true repentance if one intends to continue sexual activity in this remarriage.

Reactions: GodsGrace