Isaiah

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

chubbspeterson

Mar 19, 2010
Hello everyone. I'm about to start studying Isaiah soon and I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a good commentary on it. Thank you

kimberly

Mar 25, 2011
Louisiana
Hello everyone. I'm about to start studying Isaiah soon and I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a good commentary on it. Thank you

Hey, chubbspeterson -

I really like David Guzik's commentaries. He goes verse by verse or passage by passage giving good cross-references and snippets of what other people have to say. It's not too often that I disagree with him - but no mortal human being has a perfect opinion or study. :lol:

Click here: My link and then click on "commentaries" and then "David Guzik". I think you will find him quite helpful.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have a commentary that I'd recommend for Isaiah, but if you want to talk about it at all please do. I just finished a reading of the book for our church and right about the second half of Isaiah 52 through Isaiah 53, I could really feel the Lord's power. Those verses continue to speak about Jesus to this day! I try and pick several sources - Blue Letter Bible has many nice ones to get started with.