It is a Real Danger to Lie about what God says!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"You have not gone up into the breaches, or repaired a wall for the house of Israel, so that it might stand in battle on the day of the LORD. They have envisioned falsehood and lying divination; they say, “Says the LORD,” when the LORD has not sent them, and yet they wait for the fulfillment of their word! Have you not seen a false vision or uttered a lying divination, when you have said, “Says the LORD,” even though I did not speak? Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Because you have uttered falsehood and envisioned lies, I am against you, says the Lord GOD. My hand will be against the prophets who see false visions and utter lying divinations; they shall not be in the council of my people, nor be enrolled in the register of the house of Israel, nor shall they enter the land of Israel; and you shall know that I am the Lord GOD." (Ezek 13:5-9, NRSV)

"And the LORD said to me: The prophets are prophesying lies in my name; I did not send them, nor did I command them or speak to them. They are prophesying to you a lying vision, worthless divination, and the deceit of their own minds." (Jer 14:14, NRSV)

"And on account of them this curse shall be used by all the exiles from Judah in Babylon: “The LORD make you like Zedekiah and Ahab, whom the king of Babylon roasted in the fire,” because they have perpetrated outrage in Israel and have committed adultery with their neighbors’ wives, and have spoken in my name lying words that I did not command them; I am the one who knows and bears witness, says the LORD." (Jer 29:22-23, NRSV)

For we know the one who said, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge his people.” It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. (Heb 10:30-31, NRSV)

Matthew Poole on this verse -
"The punishment of these apostates is further aggravated from the inflicter of it, the knowledge of which should make them tremble; the thoughts of it might affect them, as the hand-writing on the wall did Belshazzar, Dan 5:6. It should strike horror into their heart, trembling into their persons, Deu 28:65,66, by apostacy from him as a Father, to be subjected to him as a Judge, and as obnoxious to his severest judgment. Him in whose hand is power inexpressible, 1Ch 29:12, to avenge himself on his enemies, Psa 90:11, who have renounced him as their God, and provoked him to fury by it. A God that will not repent of vengeance, and who liveth ever to inflict it; who lifts up his hand to heaven, and saith, I live for ever, Deu 32:39,40; to punish with everlasting burning, and a devouring fire, such traitors to himself. So is he described, Isa 33:14; Mat 10:28. His vengeance on these apostates is like himself, everlasting."

Members of the body of Christ can have differences in some areas of belief, but cannot have major differences in substantive doctrines held by the church through the centuries, based solidly on Scripture. Protect yourselves, seek out the Creeds, Confessions and Catechisms of the historic, major denominations, and avoid being a do it yourselfer, a free-lance heretic!

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Members of the body of Christ can have differences in some areas of belief, but cannot have major differences in substantive doctrines held by the church through the centuries, based solidly on Scripture. Protect yourselves, seek out the Creeds, Confessions and Catechisms of the historic, major denominations, and avoid being a do it yourselfer, a free-lance heretic!
Yes there are major doctrines that are indisputable, there are secondary issues that we can agree to disagree on and there are false teachings which we should not promote.

The creeds etc are a tool to help us do this, but as behold says go to the primary source of our doctrine and theology.