It Is Becoming Very Clear . . .

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That the backbone of the Bible is:

The Faith of Abraham
The Law of Moses
The Circumcision of Christ

How these three fit together is unbelievable.
And the unbroken bones of Jesus hold up and together the Body of Christ! What happens to the bones of men?

"Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him.
But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:" John 19:32-33

The Word of God perhaps versus the words of men! What is the backbone to the whole of the skeleton?

Reactions: Nancy

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the unbroken bones of Jesus hold up and together the Body of Christ! What happens to the bones of men?

"Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him.
But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:" John 19:32-33

The Word of God perhaps versus the words of men! What is the backbone to the whole of the skeleton?

Once again . . . ?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again . . . ?
A long time ago reading about the bones of Jesus not being broken whereas they broke the bones of the crucified b y him I wanted to know why... What were those bones? What did/do they represent? They are important, but why?

Going through the Bible it was easy enough to come up with verses about what happens to the bones of men, but what about what happened to the bones of Jesus? What do you think about it?

I will post here some of the verses involved:

The Passover Lamb:

"In one house shall it be eaten; thou shalt not carry forth ought of the flesh abroad out of the house; neither shall ye break a bone thereof." Ex 12:46

"They shall leave none of it unto the morning, nor break any bone of it: according to all the ordinances of the passover they shall keep it" Num 9:12

And then the prophecy of the real Lamb of God:

"He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken." Psalm 34:20

And then John the Baptist witnessing to the real Lamb of God:

"And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!" John 1:36

And our bones, the bones of carnal men, the bones of those needing salvation:

"For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust." Psalm 103:4 [Our frame, like the 2 x 4s and such the frame of a house ready to hold the walls and roof which are to protect us against the elements. What kind of walls can be supported by a frame of dust? What kind of a covering can we have? Remember the fig leaves of the Adam & Eve replaced by skins from God replaced by what?]

But, we in our humility speak out through bones that in ourselves we have insufficient strength to endure to the end. We need His help:

"All my bones shall say, LORD, who is like unto thee, which deliverest the poor from him that is too strong for him, yea, the poor and the needy from him that spoileth him?" Psalm 35:10

My bones, that is our bones, strong as they may seem in our youth, cannot make it. They will be broken, consumed, burned, scattered...!

"For my days are consumed like smoke, and my bones are burned as an hearth." Psalm 102:3

"Our bones are scattered at the grave's mouth, as when one cutteth and cleaveth wood upon the earth." Psalm 141:7

"There were they in great fear, where no fear was: for God hath scattered the bones of him that encampeth against thee: thou hast put them to shame, because God hath despised them." Psalm 53:5

And then the tongue, a soft, little member?

"Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison." James 3:5-8

But what bone is it that the tongue breaks?

"By long forbearing is a prince persuaded, and a soft tongue breaketh the bone." Prov. 25:15

Not so the bones of Jesus!

And the response of our broken bones when we are able to hear Him:

"Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice." Psalm 51:8

And then the fulfillment of prophecy in Jesus:

But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:
But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.
And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe.
For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken." John 19:32-36

When our own legs [given strength by strong bones] are led by our own carnal mind... where is it that we will walk...? Certainly not toward God! We cannot know our own way. We need direction, but until we have a Director to direct us on legs strong enough to endure to the end...break them?

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

But then when Jesus is our Head are we not directed to walk rightly on strong legs which have never been broken!

This is the rough outline of verses I collected. I believe they are meaningful. Hopefully you can see something of what I see...?

Reactions: atpollard

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A long time ago reading about the bones of Jesus not being broken whereas they broke the bones of the crucified b y him I wanted to know why... What were those bones? What did/do they represent? They are important, but why?

Going through the Bible it was easy enough to come up with verses about what happens to the bones of men, but what about what happened to the bones of Jesus? What do you think about it?

I will post here some of the verses involved:

The Passover Lamb:

"In one house shall it be eaten; thou shalt not carry forth ought of the flesh abroad out of the house; neither shall ye break a bone thereof." Ex 12:46

"They shall leave none of it unto the morning, nor break any bone of it: according to all the ordinances of the passover they shall keep it" Num 9:12

And then the prophecy of the real Lamb of God:

"He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken." Psalm 34:20

And then John the Baptist witnessing to the real Lamb of God:

"And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!" John 1:36

And our bones, the bones of carnal men, the bones of those needing salvation:

"For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust." Psalm 103:4 [Our frame, like the 2 x 4s and such the frame of a house ready to hold the walls and roof which are to protect us against the elements. What kind of walls can be supported by a frame of dust? What kind of a covering can we have? Remember the fig leaves of the Adam & Eve replaced by skins from God replaced by what?]

But, we in our humility speak out through bones that in ourselves we have insufficient strength to endure to the end. We need His help:

"All my bones shall say, LORD, who is like unto thee, which deliverest the poor from him that is too strong for him, yea, the poor and the needy from him that spoileth him?" Psalm 35:10

My bones, that is our bones, strong as they may seem in our youth, cannot make it. They will be broken, consumed, burned, scattered...!

"For my days are consumed like smoke, and my bones are burned as an hearth." Psalm 102:3

"Our bones are scattered at the grave's mouth, as when one cutteth and cleaveth wood upon the earth." Psalm 141:7

"There were they in great fear, where no fear was: for God hath scattered the bones of him that encampeth against thee: thou hast put them to shame, because God hath despised them." Psalm 53:5

And then the tongue, a soft, little member?

"Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison." James 3:5-8

But what bone is it that the tongue breaks?

"By long forbearing is a prince persuaded, and a soft tongue breaketh the bone." Prov. 25:15

Not so the bones of Jesus!

And the response of our broken bones when we are able to hear Him:

"Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice." Psalm 51:8

And then the fulfillment of prophecy in Jesus:

But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:
But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.
And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe.
For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken." John 19:32-36

When our own legs [given strength by strong bones] are led by our own carnal mind... where is it that we will walk...? Certainly not toward God! We cannot know our own way. We need direction, but until we have a Director to direct us on legs strong enough to endure to the end...break them?

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

But then when Jesus is our Head are we not directed to walk rightly on strong legs which have never been broken!

This is the rough outline of verses I collected. I believe they are meaningful. Hopefully you can see something of what I see...?

You do realize that you're changing the entire direction of my OP, don't you? Amadeus! lol

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do realize that you're changing the entire direction of my OP, don't you? Amadeus! lol
No, being somewhat naive at times I did not see that. I saw backbone and the unbroken bones of our Lord came to mind. Sorry if I have messed things up. It really was unintentional!

Reactions: Nancy

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not really. Especially not the circumcision of Christ.
I think any meaningful exhortation of a fellow believer should contain something more than ... “Sorry, but you are wrong.” If he has not presented the truth and you feel qualified to correct his misunderstanding then how about opening your mouth and actually SPEAKING the truth in love?

1. So what “really” is the backbone?
2. If not the circumcision of Christ, the “especially” what?

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That the backbone of the Bible is:

The Faith of Abraham
The Law of Moses
The Circumcision of Christ

How these three fit together is unbelievable.
You sort of left me hanging here.

I know what I THINK is significant about the Faith of Abraham.
I know what I THINK is significant about the Law of Moses.
I know what I THINK is significant about Jesus Christ (and I would probably not describe it as the removal of his infant foreskin).

What I do not know is what YOU THINK is significant and how YOU THINK these three fit together.
So I patiently wait for any exposition you might care to share to illuminate your “aha” epiphany.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sort of left me hanging here.

I know what I THINK is significant about the Faith of Abraham.
I know what I THINK is significant about the Law of Moses.
I know what I THINK is significant about Jesus Christ (and I would probably not describe it as the removal of his infant foreskin).

What I do not know is what YOU THINK is significant and how YOU THINK these three fit together.
So I patiently wait for any exposition you might care to share to illuminate your “aha” epiphany.
I guess I also failed to make the connection and so went off on my tangent. Perhaps @2nd Timothy Group will be able to amplify/clarify a bit about his direction.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think any meaningful exhortation of a fellow believer should contain something more than ... “Sorry, but you are wrong.” If he has not presented the truth and you feel qualified to correct his misunderstanding then how about opening your mouth and actually SPEAKING the truth in love?

2. If not the circumcision of Christ, the “especially” what?

Isn't it amazing how we treat each other around here? :D

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Paul has told us what this is in the book of Romans.

ROMANS 16: THE GOSPEL: THE COMMANDMENT OF THE EVERLASTING GOD

25 Now to Him that is of power to stablish you according to my Gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

26 But now is made manifest, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

27 To God only wise,
be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

The Gospel is "the power of God unto salvation" (Rom 1:16) and it is also the "incorruptible seed" of the New Birth (1 Pet 1:23-25). Therefore it is the backbone of the Bible.

Last edited:

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are we not to share in the same Blessings and Promises as that of Abraham? And when the Law was set in place 430 years later, did it negate the Promises and Blessings of Abraham? No, the Law of Moses did not negate the Laws of the Spirit of Life that had been granted to Abraham, for the Law of Moses is not greater than the Law of Christ, or, the Laws of the Spirit of Life.

Doesn't Jesus set us apart from the Laws of the Land? And if it is Jesus who sets apart (from the Law), His chosen ones, does He not do this through His Holy Operation? And through the Circumcision of Christ, are we not set free of the Law that once proved the existence of the Curse of Adam within our hearts?

Receiving the Circumcision of Christ is what it means to receive the Blessings and Promises already given to Abraham. The Children of God are set apart from the Law, and through the Work of Christ, His Children are in fact, set apart and judged apart from those Laws. We are to share in the same Blessings of Promises of Abraham . . . Jew and Gentile, male and female, and that means we will be judged by the Laws of the Spirit of Life (Romans 8:2).

Colossians 2:9-15 NLT - "For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. 10 So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. 11 When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. 12 For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. 13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. 14 He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. 15 In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross."

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul has told us what this is in the book of Romans.

ROMANS 16: THE GOSPEL: THE COMMANDMENT OF THE EVERLASTING GOD

25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my Gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

26 But now is made manifest, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

27 To God only wise,
be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

The Gospel is "the power of God unto salvation" (Rom 1:16) and it is also the "incorruptible seed" of the New Birth (1 Pet 1:23-25). Therefore it is the backbone of the Bible.

The Gospel is Colossians 2:9-15. Study that passage set until it blows your mind. It will . . . if you are persistent.