Jesus has devised more than one way to bring people to him

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, Joe.
I can see you use this one phrase or terminology to promote your interpretations of the word.
I disagree with your usage of it to " type " what you think is being said and done in the word.
I think in fact you use it much like "a slight of hands" illusion to distract from the truth !

Nevertheless thanks for your response.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love you brother and thank you.
But have you not said I have spiritual discernment ?
I follow only Jesus and the Spirit of God .

It is as our beloved @amigo de christo says," stay plugged in them bibles", I bees plugged into God's word. If it isn't there, it is heresy !
You know the time dear sister . ITS LORD PRAISING TIME in the building and round the world .

Mikey-for-sure

Jul 6, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mainstream Christianity says that the ONLY way to salvation is to accept Jesus in THIS lifetime. However, the verse below is evidence that that belief is inaccurate.

Notice the plural in "devices" in the following verse.

2 Samuel 14:14
14 for we do surely die, and [are] as water which is running down to the earth, which is not gathered, and God doth not accept a person, and hath devised devices in that the outcast is not outcast by Him.

Notice that the verse does NOT say "hath devised a device" (singular).

Preferably, people willingly go to Jesus while in the physical world. By doing so they purify themselves and are saved and healed the nice and easy way.

1 John 3:3 CLNT demonstrates that those who look to Christ purify themselves:
3 And everyone who has this expectation in Him is purifying himself, according as He is pure.

I think 1 John 3:3 also implies that EVERYONE will be purified but that those who look to Christ purify themselves.

So, what is/are the other "devices" that Jesus uses to purify people so that they do not remain an outcast?

My belief is, the Lake of Fire.

@St. SteVen
@FaithWillDo

There is only one Door to the House of God

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

The context of this verse is
2 Samuel 14:12-13, David's son was banished and the mother through a handmaid, asks for mercy, citing life is short 2 Samuel 14:14a For we must needs die, and are as water spilt on the ground, which cannot be gathered up again;
2 Samuel 14:14b) neither doth God respect any person:
rank has no privilege when dead.

2 Samuel 14:14c) yet doth he devise means, that his banished be not expelled from him.
But God is merciful, God always provides a means that justly let's the return of the banished.

2 Samuel 14:16 For the king will hear, to deliver his handmaid out of the hand of the man that would destroy me and my son together out of the inheritance of God.
Clemency from the king.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one Door to the House of God...
Welcome, Mikey. Yes, Jesus is the ONLY path to God.

As the verse says, God devised meanS so that the banished one does not remain an outcast. That is a general statement that is not only applicable to the people being discussed in that chapter.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ONLY Jesus!
Acts 4:12 (NKJV)

12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."

Last edited:
Reactions: Johann and L.A.M.B.

Mikey-for-sure

Jul 6, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Welcome, Mikey. Yes, Jesus is the ONLY path to God.

As the verse says, God devised meanS so that the banished one does not remain an outcast. That is a general statement that is not only applicable to the people being discussed in that chapter.
I see says the blind man. Cheers. I sometimes speed read.
:)