• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

May 20, 2021
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I guess we read different bibles.
Matthew 10:23 - you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

"Truly I tell you, this generation [greek: genea] will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away."

— Matt. 24:34-35; Mark 13:30-31;

What did Jesus mean by this?

Reactions: bbyrd009
May 20, 2021
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Look, if you don't want to understand what the word means, that's your business. SMH
Jesus is also recorded as saying,

"...there are some standing here, which shall not taste death, till they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

— Matt 16:28
He makes similar predictions in five other places in the Gospels; Mark 9:1, Mark 13:30, Matt 24:34, Luke 9:27, Luke 21:32. In religious sceptic Victor J. Stenger's view, when the coming did not happen within the life-times of his disciples, Christianity changed its emphasis to the resurrection and promise of eternal life.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

"...there are some standing here, which shall not taste death, till they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

He makes similar predictions in five other places in the Gospels; Mark 9:1, Mark 13:30, Matt 24:34, Luke 9:27, Luke 21:32. In religious sceptic Victor J. Stenger's view, when the coming did not happen within the life-times of his disciples, Christianity changed its emphasis to the resurrection and promise of eternal life.
You are obviously grossly deceived, so if you think I'm going to listen to anything you say, you are sorely mistaken.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matthew 10:23 - you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

"Truly I tell you, this generation [greek: genea] will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away."

It was Jesus coming in judgement in 70AD

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
6 “And at midnight a cry was heard: ‘Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!’ 7 Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ 9 But the wise answered, saying, ‘No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’ 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut. Matthew 25:6-10

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We are that generation.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know?
He was referring specifically to His Disciples when He told then that THEY would not taste death BEFORE He returned (aka He would return in THEIR lifetime).
Was he? Ever think that God is smart enough to also talk to Christians through his words that we read today? You cannot shake the faith of real Christians. When God reveals himself to you there is nothing that man can do to convince otherwise. Nothing.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Was he? Ever think that God is smart enough to also talk to Christians through his words that we read today? You cannot shake the faith of real Christians. When God reveals himself to you there is nothing that man can do to convince otherwise. Nothing.
Return to Me and I will return to you
x2

Reactions: Mantis

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God PROMISED humans that ALL the world would be converted to the ONE true religion AND world peace.

Neither has happened.

You need more Bible study. God made NO promise to convert this whole world of TODAY and give it world peace. You are confusing man's New World Order goals with God's future Kingdom to come in the NEXT world.

Three world earth ages in God's Word (2 Peter 3):
1. "the world that then was" - the old world, when Satan first rebelled, God ended it.
2. "the heavens and the earth, which are now" - today's world, which is reserved to be destroyed by God's Fire.
3. "new heavens and a new earth" - God's future Eternity of Heaven upon... this earth, the return of Eden.

No.1 was history. No.2 we are still in today. No.3 is only after... the future destruction at the "lake of fire" of Revelation 20.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What you're not understanding about what Jesus said is that He also said the Kingdom of God does not come with observation, but that it is within you (Luke 17:21). So indeed His Kingdom did come, i.e., His spiritual Kingdom, before His Apostles died, for they were witnesses of His death and resurrection. That... is how He meant that.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just as I think about it, I think this one is like the one:

"and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.​

And like what He told John in Revelation 10:

"And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.​

The disciples are not there physically going through the towns of Israel right now in 2021, but even though the Gospel message has been preached as a witness unto all nations, there's probably still some stiff necked towns in Israel where the dust had to be shook off their sandals.

It's their written word that is witnessing in the towns of Israel, and to the ends of the earth.

It's the end time generation, the people that witness and can identify with the war era, and Israel and it's neighbours becoming nations again, they will not pass away until all is fulfilled.

I'm on a news forum where the people have been watching La Palma Island 24/7 since the earthquake swarms began in September. Some there suggest that it might be John's burning mountain that's cast into the sea and causes the destructive Tsunami.

I told them it's possible, but that it can't happen while they're watching it. It would be out of the chronological order of apocalyptic prophecy. Something else equally destructive will happen first, (trumpet #1), and that will arrest their attention away from burning mountains falling into the sea.

"I tell you the truth, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.
Peaceful Sabbath.

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it just me or does their last name just scream anagram?

I'm a Christian but I don't believe Christ knew what he was talking about.
How quaint.