• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

May 20, 2021
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just as I think about it, I think this one is like the one:

"and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.​

And like what He told John in Revelation 10:

"And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.​

The disciples are not there physically going through the towns of Israel right now in 2021, but even though the Gospel message has been preached as a witness unto all nations, there's probably still some stiff necked towns in Israel where the dust had to be shook off their sandals.

It's their written word that is witnessing in the towns of Israel, and to the ends of the earth.

It's the end time generation, the people that witness and can identify with the war era, and Israel and it's neighbours becoming nations again, they will not pass away until all is fulfilled.

I'm on a news forum where the people have been watching La Palma Island 24/7 since the earthquake swarms began in September. Some there suggest that it might be John's burning mountain that's cast into the sea and causes the destructive Tsunami.

I told them it's possible, but that it can't happen while they're watching it. It would be out of the chronological order of apocalyptic prophecy. Something else equally destructive will happen first, (trumpet #1), and that will arrest their attention away from burning mountains falling into the sea.

"I tell you the truth, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.
Peaceful Sabbath.

"It's the END TIME GENERATION"
Then why were the Disciples who had FIRST HAND ACCESS to what Jesus said, did NOT write or document any of this, so future generations would know about it?

Not ONE of the people who knew Jesus FIRST HAND recorded anything for future generations.

Why wouldn't they, if they had EVERY reason to do so?

It's only when things did not HAPPEN as Jesus prophecized... did Christians have to CHANGE what happened/was said to fit this new narrative

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Say not in your heart my LORD delays His coming . Yet this one goes one step farther and claims HE aint coming back .
Well paul who KNEW JESUS and james and peter and others , SURE KNEW HE WAS A COMING BACK .
What a depressing post . Someone has the love for this world IN THEY HEART . BIG TIME .
AS FOR ME , I WAIT FOR THE GLORIOUS LORD . IN the mean time let all point to that JESUS .
There is a forest of end time signs all around . SO i will say as did the true apostel james , THE COMING OF THE LORD DRAWS NIGH .
BETTER be watching lest that day overtakes one as a theif .
At my church's weddings they say till death parts us or Jesus comes again. Of course he's coming back, what evil mind would dare to refute that.

May 20, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What you're not understanding about what Jesus said is that He also said the Kingdom of God does not come with observation, but that it is within you (Luke 17:21). So indeed His Kingdom did come, i.e., soHis spiritual Kingdom, before His Apostles died, for they were witnesses of His death and resurrection. That... is how He meant that.

So why does Jesus have to return?

May 20, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are a hundred reasons. Why don't you study your Bible and find out?

And what if He doesn't?
Does that mean that humans messed up somewhere that makes it impossible for Him to return?
(And just so u know... governments and the United Nations ALREADY know that Jesus will NEVER return... (they did stuff behind the scenes in secret that PERMANENTLY made it impossible for Jesus to ever return... let's just say a deal with the Devil (and it has to do with the human species and our genetics))

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Read Ezekiel 44. The Ezekiel 40 through 48 prophecy is still yet future. That temple being described there has never... been built to this day, and certainly God's River and the Tree of Life being described there in Ezekiel 47 has not yet appeared here on earth in Christ's Kingdom either!

The "BRANCH" in the following is a pointer to our Lord Jesus...

Zech 6:12-13
12 And speak unto him, saying, "Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD:

13 Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both."

KJV

That above prophecy exists in between Scripture of historical events about Jerusalem and the temple, but that above part is not history. It's prophetic future about Jesus, when He comes, He will build the temple, which is about the temple of Ezekiel 40 forward which has never been built.

That part in red I emphasized also shows that is only about Christ Who is to be both King and Priest upon His throne when He returns. That cannot apply to anyone but Christ Jesus. No king of Israel has ever been also a priest upon David's throne. And that future throne Jesus inherits we know is David's throne, an earthly throne.

You won't find many Churches willing to cover those events in Ezekiel, because there's some seemingly controversial issues in it. And a lot of the so-called churches that deny Christ's future "thousand years" reign on earth with His elect per Revelation 20 don't teach much Old Testament prophecy from God's prophets, because it upsets their false apple cart doctrines of men. A thorough Bible study in the OT prophets goes along with New Testament study, which is why many of men's false leaven doctrines are exposed by doing that.

So your question actually should be, per that Zechariah 6:12-13 Scripture, why does Jesus build the temple when He returns? What's it for?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, and by the way. That Zechariah 6:12-13 prophecy about Messiah building the temple is a Scripture that the unbelieving Jews rely upon for showing them Messiah's coming. The reality per God's Word which they are not aware of though, is that God is going to send them a false Messiah, and on him they will believe is Messiah, and he will build the next temple for the tribulation to sit in. That is what Apostle Paul was really pointing to with the "man of sin" sitting in the temple of God in Jerusalem for the end just prior to Christ's return, per 2 Thessalonians 2.

But that will not be understood if one heeds the many false leaven doctrines of men that are pushed in many organizational churches today. The churches that are actually beth-avens (houses of vanity) instead try to spiritualize those events as being symbolic only, and not literal like God's Word teaches.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what if He doesn't?
Does that mean that humans messed up somewhere that makes it impossible for Him to return?
(And just so u know... governments and the United Nations ALREADY know that Jesus will NEVER return... (they did stuff behind the scenes in secret that PERMANENTLY made it impossible for Jesus to ever return... let's just say a deal with the Devil (and it has to do with the human species and our genetics))
Satan has deceived you. Our governments were assigned by The Almighty. I suggest that you crack open that bible, drop to your knees and pray for your soul. Jesus is coming back with a sword. He is not pleased with humanity. He will melt the earth and everything in it. Time is short. Repent.

May 20, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Satan has deceived you. Our governments were assigned by The Almighty. I suggest that you crack open that bible, drop to your knees and pray for your soul. Jesus is coming back with a sword. He is not pleased with humanity. He will melt the earth and everything in it. Time is short. Repent.

Taliban, Hitler, Nero, etc in the world were ordained by God?

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taliban, Hitler, Nero, etc in the world were ordained by God?
Yep. God is heavy duty man. Have you read that book? Do you realize he has our lives in his hand? At one time he killed every living thing on earth except eight people. He puts the basest of people on power for his purposes. Man is horrible. We all need to be washed by Jesus’ blood.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone wants to focus on Gods kind side but if you really take in the Bible you realize the Lord is metal. He can be your best Freind or your worse enemy. His love is so great that if you reject it, probably over and over, at some point it’s too late and you are considered an enemy. Then you will drink the cup of wrath. His consequences for rejecting his love will be severe. It is truly a frightening thing to fall into the hands of the living God!

Reactions: Truth7t7

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stick to your Bible and you will know without the shadow of a doubt that Christ is most definitely coming back to earth with His saints and angels.

7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from Heaven with His mighty angels,8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; 10 When He shall come to be glorified in His saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day. (2 Thess 1:7-10)
That scripture states Jesus is returning in fire?

Is that a small, medium, or large fire?

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That scripture states Jesus is returning in fire?
That is not what it says. It says "in flaming fire taking vengeance" which means that fire will be directed towards the enemies of Christ. Christ comes "with power and great glory" not "in fire".

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not what it says. It says "in flaming fire taking vengeance" which means that fire will be directed towards the enemies of Christ. Christ comes "with power and great glory" not "in fire".
Will all men be tried by the Lords fire as seen below?

1 Corinthians 3:13KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Reactions: Philip James

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
At my church's weddings they say till death parts us or Jesus comes again. Of course he's coming back, what evil mind would dare to refute that.
me :D
for one
Return to Me, and I will return to you
a better q might be "why cant anyone Quote 'return?'"
shuvu
hupo strepho