KJV vs. other translations

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Brethren, there's that FALSE EXCUSE again for not using the KJV Bible?

"Whaah...whaah... I can't... sniff, sniff... read... sniff, sniff... Old English."

Later KJV Bible Editions are NOT in Old English.
You are twisting my words. I didn't day i couldn't read it, I said I prefer to read a more up to date translation. But you and people like you seems to be critical of my choice. I don't agree with you but I don't want to criticise your choice. Variety is good. Choice is good. This topic has been done to death on every forum I've been a member of.

Reactions: Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why herein is a mystery . most folks here ramble on about how i cant even write in english . YET I , by grace can easily
understand that version . I also have some real old dictionaries that if a word pops up that i did not know
i simply look it up .
You think that you understand it, but since you aren't living in 17th Century Englande, KJV Englyshe is not your first language and you don't live in that culture. Therefore, your comprehension is not as accurate as you think it is.

Judging by your posts on this forum, you should really read a modern version and gain comprehension. The Holy Spirit is waiting...

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why herein is a mystery . most folks here ramble on about how i cant even write in english . YET I , by grace can easily
understand that version . I also have some real old dictionaries that if a word pops up that i did not know
i simply look it up .
Since you don't write reasonably correct English, why would anyone think that you can understand the Englyshe that is more than 400 years old?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i simply look it up .
Amen, my friend...!

2co 3:5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
2co 3:6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Who is our Leader? Who is our teacher?

Joh 14:26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Without the lead of our God, who is able to understand, to follow, to obey?

O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps" Jerem 10:23

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, my friend...!

2co 3:5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
2co 3:6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Who is our Leader? Who is our teacher?

Joh 14:26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Without the lead of our God, who is able to understand, to follow, to obey?

O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps" Jerem 10:23
Is this supposed to mean something or are you just rambling in olde Englyshe?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
¿Qué sé yo? Dios sabe lo todo.
all we can do is pray for that man to truly come to know the Lord .
The most loving generation has truly become the most hateful one .
They often attack truth but uphold bad patterns . They support the wrong rainbows and etc
and yet attack any reminder of truth .
The problem has become that they are very accepting of sins and errors , yet when it comes to TRUTH
they have zero tolerance . JIM B has once again proven this . he has come after me more than once .
It doesnt matter that you are his elder nor battling with cancer . He cares not my friend . All they care about
is the agenda . But i was worse than most and GOD drew me too and changed me . THUS all i can do
is speak truth with the man and pray for his soul that he will recieve it and be blessed of the LORD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All we know is what GOD gives us to know . We are but dust and ash my friend . LET GOD GEt the GLORY .
Believe me , they think i am dumb too . But the truth is i am as a simple sheep in dire need of THE LORD ALWAYS .
so let them think of me as they will . WE wouldnt Know a THING were it not for the mercy of GODS wonderful grace .
So let them bark . All we can do is expose error , point to the truth , BOAST ONLY IN GOD and NOT IN US .
LET GOD give the GLORY is what i say . WERE it not for HIM this wee thing would be but a monster in darkness .
TIME TO PRAISE THE LORD MY FRIEND . TIME to POINT TO HE ALONE . Time to remind all of HIS every word
and teachings . ANd may souls be blessed of the LORD and come quickly while there still be time .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one thing that matters is that the lambs simply KNOW HE WHO KNOWETH ALL THINGS . LET GOD get the glory .
The GOOD LORD giveth , but mans pride takes it to his head . LET us rejoice in the simple fact
that our names are wrote above . ITS TRUE that GOD gives the lambs wisdom , knowlege , gifts
to keep us safe and to help others . BUT IN THIS rejoice not , rather rejoice that our names are wrote above .
PRIDE was satans downfall . We thank GOD for all things , let us be humble and thankful unto HE .
What little i know i DO thank GOD for , but i have come to the conclusion
i will not boast in my wisdom , No , I WILL simply BOAST IN THE LORD . HE ALONE is the only reason
we know in part and ARE EVEN saved to begin with . THE LORD is my hope and my salvation
They can keep all this worlds wise carnal intellectual wisdom . THE WISDOM OF GOD is greater
and the wisdom of this world has GOD made foolish . I had rather the world see me as a big dummy
YET HAVE CHRIST than to know all this worlds wisdom and yet not have CHRIST . LET THE KING be praised my friend .
Let the KING be praised . You are prayed for my friend

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you don't write reasonably correct English, why would anyone think that you can understand the Englyshe that is more than 400 years old?
I worry not what men think of me , IF i did i would of all men be most miserable . This world thinks me a dumby
OH it used to think me ever wise . BUT back then i knew NOTHING that mattered .
Now , by grace i know what does matter . I shall CLING to HIM and let this world think and do as it will .
My prayer is only for your good and their good . But i do not wait upon the worship of men . LET GOD GET IT
i am but dust and ash , unworthy of His grace . OH but PRAISE BE TO THE GLORIOUS LORD
HE sent grace unto the worst as myself .

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Actually, brother @amigo de christo has an excellent grasp of the English language. He has also learnt Middle English and old English. He self taught himself for several years. Brother just happens to type fast. He is very smart.

Let the glorious Lord be praised.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
all we can do is pray for that man to truly come to know the Lord .
The most loving generation has truly become the most hateful one .
They often attack truth but uphold bad patterns . They support the wrong rainbows and etc
and yet attack any reminder of truth .
The problem has become that they are very accepting of sins and errors , yet when it comes to TRUTH
they have zero tolerance . JIM B has once again proven this . he has come after me more than once .
It doesnt matter that you are his elder nor battling with cancer . He cares not my friend . All they care about
is the agenda . But i was worse than most and GOD drew me too and changed me . THUS all i can do
is speak truth with the man and pray for his soul that he will recieve it and be blessed of the LORD .
If you are referring to me, I have truly come to know the Lord -- decades ago. Further more, unlike yourself, I love my neighbor as myself.

I have 100% tolerance for the truth.. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life."John 14:6a I have come after you more than once -- for good reason, You preach hatred and intolerance, contrary to how Jesus told us to act.

I am thankful that I am blessed by the Lord. Therefore, your personal attacks have no effect on me, other than feeling sorry for you that you are consumed with hatred.

Finally, I do care about everyone who has cancer. Another of your vicious lies.

When you face Jesus, be prepared to answer for all your lies, hatred, and disobedience. You revel in hatred, so if you think that God hasa changed you, I would hate to know what you were like.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I worry not what men think of me , IF i did i would of all men be most miserable . This world thinks me a dumby
OH it used to think me ever wise . BUT back then i knew NOTHING that mattered .
Now , by grace i know what does matter . I shall CLING to HIM and let this world think and do as it will .
My prayer is only for your good and their good . But i do not wait upon the worship of men . LET GOD GET IT
i am but dust and ash , unworthy of His grace . OH but PRAISE BE TO THE GLORIOUS LORD
HE sent grace unto the worst as myself .
You wrote, "I worry not what men think of me , IF i did i would of all men be most miserable . " That is abundantly clear! You are righteous in your own eyes, which is the worst type of delusion.

Don't you ever wonder why that world thinks of you as a dummy?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wrote, "I worry not what men think of me , IF i did i would of all men be most miserable . " That is abundantly clear! You are righteous in your own eyes, which is the worst type of delusion.

Don't you ever wonder why that world thinks of you as a dummy?
I already Know why it does . Cause i follow CHRIST and not the world . And when persecuted i shall rejoice .
I do pray for them . And i forgive them too . but follow them , NEVER .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are referring to me, I have truly come to know the Lord -- decades ago. Further more, unlike yourself, I love my neighbor as myself.

I have 100% tolerance for the truth.. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life."John 14:6a I have come after you more than once -- for good reason, You preach hatred and intolerance, contrary to how Jesus told us to act.

I am thankful that I am blessed by the Lord. Therefore, your personal attacks have no effect on me, other than feeling sorry for you that you are consumed with hatred.

Finally, I do care about everyone who has cancer. Another of your vicious lies.

When you face Jesus, be prepared to answer for all your lies, hatred, and disobedience. You revel in hatred, so if you think that God hasa changed you, I would hate to know what you were like.
And yet you attacked amadeus . And for what . HE Didnt come on saying KJV only
ALL he said and reminded me about is that it was BY GODS GRACE that i can understand .
Yet your hatred of the KJV blinded you to his simple response .