Leaving Room for Faith - why we don't know EVERYTHING

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's with the backslash?
LOL
Good question.

I liked how @BarneyFife added a period (.) at the bottom of his posts to give the signature line more room.
At least I assume that is why he does it. This is actually a common artistic touch used by professional artists.
Adding a tiny bit of "white space" below the "work" on a page gives it better visual buoyancy.
Otherwise it looks like it is falling visually. That's the theory anyway. As I understand it.

The other funny thing is that everyone calls it a "backslash", but it is actually a forward slash. /
Because it leans forward in reading order. (right to left) This is a backslash. \

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

/

Reactions: The Learner

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL
Good question.

I liked how @BarneyFife added a period (.) at the bottom of his posts to give the signature line more room.
At least I assume that is why he does it. This is actually a common artistic touch used by professional artists.
Adding a tiny bit of "white space" below the "work" on a page gives it better visual buoyancy.
Otherwise it looks like it is falling visually. That's the theory anyway. As I understand it.

The other funny thing is that everyone calls it a "backslash", but it is actually a forward slash. /
Because it leans forward in reading order. (right to left) This is a backslash. \

/

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
LOL
Good question.

/
I would have to call it a frontslash. Whitespace! Grrrr.