Leaving Room for Faith - why we don't know EVERYTHING

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do judge sometimes, my flesh gets at me so I will be honest about that @Behold. Gotta remain humble brother.

James 4:1-10

New International Version

Submit Yourselves to God​

4 What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you? 2 You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God. 3 When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
4 You adulterous people,[a] don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.5 Or do you think Scripture says without reason that he jealously longs for the spirit he has caused to dwell in us[b]? 6 But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says:
“God opposes the proud
but shows favor to the humble.”[c]
7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God loves the meth head who expresses faith in Him.

Tell me he doesn't and I will just have to say, okay buddy you must be God.
Have you read The Ragamuffin Gospel?
Written by Brennan Manning,
There are quite a few sermons of his online as well.

Reactions: Lambano

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Thanks for sharing your story about your friend.

He's a retired Assistant Pastor.
He Lives in Alabama.
He has raised 4 kids, one is Autistic, and is married once to the same woman, since '1988.

He does now have 2 "addictions"..

Cooking and Golf.

Sometimes the way out of an addiction is to swap it for something that is good for you.

Every male has this "addictive" inner issue......We all have it.
Just dont put something in there that is killing you as it also destroys your life.

See, When you try to just "stop" using, then there is a vacuum..... there is a HOLE there.......inside, and you need to fill it up with something that is good for you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I do judge sometimes, my flesh gets at me so I will be honest about that @Behold. Gotta remain humble brother.

There is this...>>"judge not lest you be judged"....and that is Ego based, pride filled, finger pointing.

But there is also this..

"He that is SPIRITUAL.... Judges all things". Paul teaches us..

For example..>"by their Fruit you shall (judge) know them".
See the difference?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@St. SteVen just sitting beside the road, near the pasture by my house, yes I felt good enough to want to take a photo. Right now I am looking the Thompson Chain Reference bible that is a KJV version, and I think I may need to buy a NIV one later on this year, as I am trying to find the 'God is' section and having trouble just need to keep looking maybe it will come about.
Are you looking for the "I am" statements?

It's a good thing for me to do to remind myself - about God is, ... whatever it may be afterward, because the knowledge of God is important.
A more specific search might help. God is ________.

That is cool about collecting rocks, and that is a huge one looks like a tunnel in the Sea. Glad your friend got the shot, and do you have display cases for your rocks or have you kept them since stopping?
My wife basically doesn't allow stones in the house any more.
When we moved house I had to edit my collection down to what would fit in two milk bottle cartons/cases.
The last two times we moved, she had the movers put the two milk bottle cartons/cases out on the deck.
Now she wants me to get them off the deck, out in the garden? (sigh)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He's a retired Assistant Pastor.
He Lives in Alabama.
He has raised 4 kids, one is Autistic, and is married once to the same woman, since '1988.

He does now have 2 "addictions"..

Cooking and Golf.

Sometimes the way out of an addiction is to swap it for something that is good for you.

Every male has this "addictive" inner issue......We all have it.
Just dont put something in there that is killing you as it also destroys your life.

See, When you try to just "stop" using, then there is a vacuum..... there is a HOLE there.......inside, and you need to fill it up.
I dont need all this information. Please pm me if you would like to converse. Not even sure if he would like you doing such things. Please stop.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such a wonderful thing to praise God for reconciling everyone back to himself through Christ. Putting us back in the Garden of Eden state, where we choose the tree of life, or the tree of knowledge and good and evil. AS INDIVIDUALS. In our own vineyards.
Acts 3:21 NIV
Heaven must receive him until the time comes for God to restore everything,
as he promised long ago through his holy prophets.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you read The Ragamuffin Gospel?
Written by Brennan Manning,
There are quite a few sermons of his online as well.
I went ahead and bought one, should be here by the end of the month. I also needed wanted a New Living Translation bible which should be coming as well. Gonna check it out.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Behold, I just dont want to converse on here (openly) sometimes with you. Sorry, rather just you pm if you wanna be more personal sometimes. Thank you again, that is just the truth of the matter, sir. (Or don't quote me, would be appreciated as your brother in christ.)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Such a wonderful thing to praise God for reconciling everyone back to himself through Christ.

The Cross of Christ is the Offer of reconciliation.
Its an offer......and each person has to accept it, or they will not get it.

See, people like me, and in fact all true believers are to TELL people about what God has done for them.
We are to tell them, because unless they know, they can't believe and be saved.

What does that mean? it means that if everyone was already saved, then God would not send Pastors, and Missionaries, and we would not need a "GOSPEL". and "Faith" would not be required.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@Behold, I just dont want to converse on here (openly) sometimes with you. Sorry, rather just you pm if you wanna be more personal sometimes. Thank you again, that is just the truth of the matter, sir. (Or don't quote me, would be appreciated as your brother in christ.)

Ok.

but here is the thing... if you post to me, and i post back to you, and then you say..>"well, can you not do that..

Then....... it would be best if you didnt post to me to begin with...., as then im required to respond to you.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you looking for the "I am" statements?

A more specific search might help. God is ________.

I found it before in this book, it just takes me time and effort to look.

It is more pertaining to God is. Like

Deu 4:31 (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

My wife basically doesn't allow stones in the house any more.
When we moved house I had to edit my collection down to what would fit in two milk bottle cartons/cases.
The last two times we moved, she had the movers put the two milk bottle cartons/cases out on the deck.
Now she wants me to get them off the deck, out in the garden? (sigh)
:( Rock a bye baby.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
skipped to here, any highlights?

If you could ask God one question what will it be?

Myself, Please God tell me everything that is true? Just give me the knowledge and wisdom of it all.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At one time I was bothered by the fact that we don't really have ALL the answers.
There was always a loose end somewhere.

I chased the apologetics in every direction, but always came up short somewhere.
And frankly, I don't remember the specifics, only the moment of my release from the tyranny I had inflicted myself with.

I finally realized that I needed to leave some room for faith.
To live with some mystery. To admit that I didn't have ALL the answers.

/