Leaving Room for Faith - why we don't know EVERYTHING

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the most important thing aside from faith is love, this what suppose to come through by christ.

“If with the tongues of men and of messengers I speak, and have not love, I have become brass sounding, or a cymbal tinkling; and if I have prophecy, and know all the secrets, and all the knowledge, and if I have all the faith, so as to remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing; and if I give away to feed others all my goods, and if I give up my body that I may be burned, and have not love, I am profited nothing. The love is long-suffering, it is kind, the love doth not envy, the love doth not vaunt itself, is not puffed up, doth not act unseemly, doth not seek its own things, is not provoked, doth not impute evil, rejoiceth not over the unrighteousness, and rejoiceth with the truth; all things it beareth, all it believeth, all it hopeth, all it endureth. The love doth never fail; and whether [there be] prophecies, they shall become useless; whether tongues, they shall cease; whether knowledge, it shall become useless; for in part we know, and in part we prophecy; and when that which is perfect may come, then that which [is] in part shall become useless. When I was a babe, as a babe I was speaking, as a babe I was thinking, as a babe I was reasoning, and when I have become a man, I have made useless the things of the babe; for we see now through a mirror obscurely, and then face to face; now I know in part, and then I shall fully know, as also I was known; and now there doth remain faith, hope, love — these three; and the greatest of these [is] love.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13‬:‭1‬-‭13‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Reactions: St. SteVen

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the most important thing aside from faith is love, this what suppose to come through by christ.

“If with the tongues of men and of messengers I speak, and have not love, I have become brass sounding, or a cymbal tinkling; and if I have prophecy, and know all the secrets, and all the knowledge, and if I have all the faith, so as to remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing; and if I give away to feed others all my goods, and if I give up my body that I may be burned, and have not love, I am profited nothing. The love is long-suffering, it is kind, the love doth not envy, the love doth not vaunt itself, is not puffed up, doth not act unseemly, doth not seek its own things, is not provoked, doth not impute evil, rejoiceth not over the unrighteousness, and rejoiceth with the truth; all things it beareth, all it believeth, all it hopeth, all it endureth. The love doth never fail; and whether [there be] prophecies, they shall become useless; whether tongues, they shall cease; whether knowledge, it shall become useless; for in part we know, and in part we prophecy; and when that which is perfect may come, then that which [is] in part shall become useless. When I was a babe, as a babe I was speaking, as a babe I was thinking, as a babe I was reasoning, and when I have become a man, I have made useless the things of the babe; for we see now through a mirror obscurely, and then face to face; now I know in part, and then I shall fully know, as also I was known; and now there doth remain faith, hope, love — these three; and the greatest of these [is] love.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13‬:‭1‬-‭13‬ ‭YLT98‬‬
There are soMe people thT dont like this though,

To simple

Have faith and to love in the sense expressed by Paul.

Cool ya give poor gifts. Doesnt mean anything.

Cool ya give ya money away. Doesnt mean anything.

Cool you speak tongues. Doesnt mean anything.

Cool you believe in calvism. Doesnt mean anything.

Cool you believe in a literal new heaven and earth. Doesnt mean anything.

Cool you believe people are going to hell? Doesnt mean anything.

The below does much more.

The love is long-suffering, it is kind, the love doth not envy, the love doth not vaunt itself, is not puffed up, doth not act unseemly, doth not seek its own things, is not provoked, doth not impute evil, rejoiceth not over the unrighteousness, and rejoiceth with the truth; all things it beareth, all it believeth, all it hopeth, all it endureth.

The good fruits of the spirit of christ.

“And the fruit of the Spirit is: Love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law; and those who are Christ's, the flesh did crucify with the affections, and the desires; if we may live in the Spirit, in the Spirit also we may walk; let us not become vain-glorious — one another provoking, one another envying!”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭22‬-‭26‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

All of us guilt of flubbin up from time to time.

Just needed to remind myself.

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lost people who are coming to Christ are not thinking about "changing natures".
I can see that you're a contrarian. If I say "A", you'll say "B."
Unbelievers, are not NT Bible students, ....and if they were, the Bible is under lock and key as its "spiritually discerned" and they are not Of God's Spirit yet, so, its ChineseGreek to them.
They have not learned how to speak Christainese, yet.
People who are Unsaved, who see a revelation of something that is better than they are presently, truly can wish to change natures. I won't argue it with someone who just wants to teach others.
That comes later, after they are Saved. . as THEN they can go on forums like this one, and try to "sound like a Spiritual Minister who is revealing the word of Gawd"....",
Huh?
But not yet..
As currently, They are just sinners, enjoying sin. Loving it. To them, fornication and child molesting and staying high is as "divine" as it gets last night, all night long.
What are you talking about?
See, Some 19 yr old kid who was just stoned to the bone for 7 hrs, laying in bed on a Saturday night listening to AC/DC's Bon Scott singing """we're on the Highway to Hell.........the Highway to Hell, we're on the Highway to HELLLLLLLLLL"""" has no clue as to what you are making up now Randy,
You're one rude scoundrel, who thinks he's the Pied Piper for young Christians. Nope! Until you get that chip off your shoulder, you won't win anybody to anything.
when you say they will know about "changing natures", the next morning when their Praying Mother takes them to Church and during the Alter Call they SEE THE LIGHT = as the Holy Spirit reveals Christ AND their need of Salvation.... and they give God their Faith.
They know nothing about "divine nature" and "infilling" and imputed righteousness, and being Translated from Darkness to Light... and 100 other Theological concepts related to NT Soteriology.
They dont even know that they are mind blinded by the Devil, while they are HIGH as a KITE on a Saturday night, lest the Light of the gloriousl Gospel of Christ would have shined into them long before Sunday's Salvation day arrived for them.
Oh brother. Go find someone else to share your "wisdom" with. It's earthy.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I can see that you're a contrarian. If I say "A", you'll say "B."

You mean if you make something up, and someone points this out, then you feel you are dealing with a "contraian".

Well, not quite.

People who are Unsaved, who see a revelation of something that is better than they are presently, truly can wish to change natures. I won't argue it with someone who just wants to teach others.

People come to Jesus to be forgiven their sin., after hearing the Gospel.
There is nothing about a "Nature change" in the Preaching of the Cross.
But there is the offer of forgiveness.

You're one rude scoundrel, who thinks he's the Pied Piper for young Christians.

Randy,
trying to insult me when im only doing you some good by showing you yourself, isn't helping you to change or grow.

also,

"Pauline Theology", is not just for the young believer.
You wouldn't know that, of course.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"Nature change"
I don’t understand this nature change, doesn’t make sense to me.

We have a new heart and Spirit within, we are being made into the image of Christ, we also as a born again should bear fruit, which is of the Spirit, it’s not of ourselves......my thoughts and belief.

2 Corinthians 3:18
Context Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

New Living Translation
So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I don’t understand this nature change, doesn’t make sense to me.

We have a new heart and Spirit within, we are being made into the image of Christ, we also as a born again should bear fruit, which is of the Spirit, it’s not of ourselves......my thoughts and belief.

2 Peter 1:4

"""Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the DIVINE NATURE, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.""""

"given great and precious promises"....

"partakers of the Divine Nature".

This is to become a "New Creation in Christ"...... having received a "new heart".

Someone who is just born again...... they notice things differently..... They "see sin"..around them, and before they didnt see it as sin.
There is a sensitivity to many things that you notice you didn't notice, before you are born again.
That is GOD coming to live inside you, His "Divine Nature" that is His Spirit joining to ours, and now our "inner eyes" are now connected to God's Nature, and we are become this.. = "New Creation".

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is to become a "New Creation in Christ"...... having received a "new heart".

Someone who is just born again...... they notice things differently..... They "see sin"..around them, and before they didnt see it as sin.
There is a sensitivity to many things that you notice you didn't notice, before you are born again.
That is GOD coming to live inside you, His "Divine Nature" that is His Spirit joining to ours, and now our "inner eyes" are now connected to God's Nature, and we are become this.. = "New Creation".
Yes, I agree, makes much more sense the way you explained it...

I think it’s amazing as we grow in Christ, how he gives us those spiritual eyes and ears.

God has shown me so much, my jaw has dropped to the ground...so much was in his confidence and I’m unable to share..I have to wait on him, maybe one day, I will be able to share.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes, I agree, makes much more sense the way you explained it...

I think it’s amazing as we grow in Christ, how he gives us those spiritual eyes and ears.

God has shown me so much, my jaw has dropped to the ground...so much was in his confidence and I’m unable to share..I have to wait on him, maybe one day, I will be able to share.

Amen.

"Love God, Hate sin".

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is that in your hand by the way St. Steven?
Eagle poop. - LOL

No, it's a stone I found on the beach at Split Rock Lighthouse on Lake Superior.

Probably have collected 1,000+ stones over the years.
I had stopped collecting. But I kept that one.

I saw it on the beach down where the waves were crashing.
Had to run in on the wet stones and snatch it before the next wave hit.
When I displayed it to my rock hunting buddy, he got the shot.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@St. SteVen just sitting beside the road, near the pasture by my house, yes I felt good enough to want to take a photo. Right now I am looking the Thompson Chain Reference bible that is a KJV version, and I think I may need to buy a NIV one later on this year, as I am trying to find the 'God is' section and having trouble just need to keep looking maybe it will come about.

It's a good thing for me to do to remind myself - about God is, ... whatever it may be afterward, because the knowledge of God is important.

That is cool about collecting rocks, and that is a huge one looks like a tunnel in the Sea. Glad your friend got the shot, and do you have display cases for your rocks or have you kept them since stopping?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen.

"Love God, Hate sin".

You remind me of this verse behold,

Romans 14:20-23

New Living Translation

20 Don’t tear apart the work of God over what you eat. Remember, all foods are acceptable, but it is wrong to eat something if it makes another person stumble. 21 It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything else if it might cause another believer to stumble.[a] 22 You may believe there’s nothing wrong with what you are doing, but keep it between yourself and God. Blessed are those who don’t feel guilty for doing something they have decided is right. 23 But if you have doubts about whether or not you should eat something, you are sinning if you go ahead and do it. For you are not following your convictions. If you do anything you believe is not right, you are sinning.[b]

Romans 14:20-23

Young's Literal Translation

20 for the sake of victuals cast not down the work of God; all things, indeed, [are] pure, but evil [is] to the man who is eating through stumbling.
21 Right [it is] not to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor to [do anything] in which thy brother doth stumble, or is made to fall, or is weak.
22 Thou hast faith! to thyself have [it] before God; happy is he who is not judging himself in what he doth approve,
23 and he who is making a difference, if he may eat, hath been condemned, because [it is] not of faith; and all that [is] not of faith is sin.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You remind me of this verse behold,

Romans 14:20-2​

20 Don’t tear apart the work of God over what you eat. Remember, all foods are acceptable, but it is wrong to eat something if it makes another person stumble.

A good friend of mine, from long ago, is a Pastor's Son.
When i met Him, i was 17, and he the same.
I was playing music and he was also a musician.
At that very same time, he was also dealing drugs and working in the Church, faithfully, every time the door was open.

As i got to know him, and we became best friends, i asked him...."how can you deal drugs, and take drugs, and also do what you do in Church".

He told me...."well, i do all things in moderation.......so, i dont let my "recreation" interfere with my responsibilities".

"I do both".

That was quite a while back.

He continued like that for at least another decade, before he matured and realized himself.

Today, He would tell you...>"that was my love for Drugs talking.....as i was/am an addict....and i love to get High, and so i just convinced myself that being an addict was ok, as long as i didn't allow my drug use to interfere with my responsibilities".

So, that is how it can be to lie to yourself.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God loves the meth head who expresses faith in Him.

Tell me he doesn't and I will just have to say, okay buddy you must be God.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont care if the person is a pedophile... and they express faith towards God...

Not to say what they have done or doing is wrong.

you can't judge @Behold. For you are not God.

I wonder if Jesus had temptations of taking a hold off a child, but he said not my will Father, your will....

You cant tell me I am wrong cause I dont care, and I am very anarchist. @Behold.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing your story about your friend.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Jesus came into the world to save Sinners"

We all qualified.
Such a wonderful thing to praise God for reconciling everyone back to himself through Christ. Putting us back in the Garden of Eden state, where we choose the tree of life, or the tree of knowledge and good and evil. AS INDIVIDUALS. In our own vineyards.

• Love

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
you can't judge @Behold.

I dont judge.
I listen and respond, accordingly.

See, "all have sinned"..... which makes us all equal, and that is why the NT says that "God is no respecter of person's"

Let me tell you another story.

A unbeliever says to a Christian.......

= "well, i knew you when you were an addict..... i knew you when you were a liar......i knew you when you didnt pay your ex-wife child support for years, and your 4 children suffered..... So, NOW, you "got religion"... and you think you are better then me.. But i knew you when you were not so "holier then tho".....and something else.....If God will take you, then i dont have to worry about Hell, as im as good as you are....any day of the week".

The Christian smiles, and says gently....... "you know, you probably are a better person then i'll ever be, but what are you compared to the Holy Son of God, who never sinned, and died for yours ?? As that is the comparison that God considers""

Reader,

here is the thing about God's Holiness.

God Holiness, if we considered it as.... HEAT.....= .then God's Holiness would make the SUN seem like an Iceberg.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Humble before God is where is at.

James 4:1-10

New International Version

Submit Yourselves to God​

4 What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you? 2 You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God. 3 When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
4 You adulterous people,[a] don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.5 Or do you think Scripture says without reason that he jealously longs for the spirit he has caused to dwell in us[b]? 6 But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says:
“God opposes the proud
but shows favor to the humble.”[c]
7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.