LET'S SEE IF JESUS WAS TALKING ABOUT THE RAPTURE OR HIS SECOND COMING WHEN HE SAID, "NO ONE KNOWS THE DAY NOR THE HOUR"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But Daniel says he’s slain after the 69 weeks. Therefore, he died in the 70th week.

If this week is the 69th week, hypothetically(I’m not talking about 7 year sabbaths), and next week is the 70th, how do you understand someone that says after the 69th week I’ll be slain? It couldn’t be the last day of the 69th week because it falls within its perimeter. The only logical reason would be the week that follows.

And Christ abolished the sacrificial law by his death in the midst of that week.

The day before, was the end of the 69th week.

2 Peter 3:3-4 (HCSB)
3 First, be aware of this: Scoffers will come in the last days to scoff, living according to their own desires,
4 saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? . . .

Look, you are in the Prophecy.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But Daniel says he’s slain after the 69 weeks. Therefore, he died in the 70th week.

If this week is the 69th week, hypothetically(I’m not talking about 7 year sabbaths), and next week is the 70th, how do you understand someone that says after the 69th week I’ll be slain? It couldn’t be the last day of the 69th week because it falls within its perimeter. The only logical reason would be the week that follows.

And Christ abolished the sacrificial law by his death in the midst of that week.
Christ died 'mid-week' of the 70th week.

This is why His Ministry was for 3.5 years and then He was 'cut-off'/crucified, "but not for Himself" = He committed no sin.

AND, this is why the LORD never spoke of 7 years in the Gospel nor did the Apostles neither does Revelation.

Reactions: No Pre-TB

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

3 First, be aware of this: Scoffers will come in the last days to scoff, living according to their own desires,

Your Post is false witness and slander against your Brother in Christ.

We, who love the Lord Jesus Christ, are eagerly looking for His Second Coming.

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
1 John 3:1-3

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Daniel 9:26
And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off,

After the 69th week is over/complete shall he be slain. That puts him in the 70th week. We are assured it in verse 27;

And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease,

The covenant was his blood during that last “one week” for the remission of sins. He died in the midst of the week.

Reactions: David in NJ

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your Post is false witness and slander against your Brother in Christ.

We, who love the Lord Jesus Christ, are eagerly looking for His Second Coming.

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure
1 John 3:1-3

No, . . . Seven years earlier than that.

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ died 'mid-week' of the 70th week.

This is why His Ministry was for 3.5 years and then He was 'cut-off'/crucified, "but not for Himself" = He committed no sin.

AND, this is why the LORD never spoke of 7 years in the Gospel nor did the Apostles neither does Revelation.

No, the 70th Week of Daniel, has not even Happened Yet. Look at the prophecies and BELIEVE. WE ARE FINISHED. You are officially on my IGNORE LIST.

Last edited:

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the 70th Week of Daniel, has not even Happened Yet. Look at the prophecies and BELIEVE. WE ARE FINISHED. You are officially on my IGNORE LIST.
VCO,

Why put him on ignore? He’s as passionate about it as you are. We are asking you to look at the text. That’s why I asked what comes “after” the 69th week. What was the covenant given? I know you’ve studied Daniel…

David is trying to show you but setting up a wall of defense by the ignore button won’t help anyone. Even Christ didn’t do that. He taught with the sword of his mouth. His words were fire and truth. We are to imitate Christ though we constantly fail.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God hates the fly away doctrine, Ezekiel chapter 13 to document. The fake shepherds will go into pit with satan when the millennium begins. When Jesus returns 7th trump. It's all over for satan and the false brethren. The false brethren have no future in Jesus kingdom. Jeremiah chapter 25. God will put end to the hunting grounds of false brethren. Those teaching traditions of men and false doctrine, will wish they never spoke Gods word when Jesus returns 7th trump. Isaiah chapter 29. Many people have spirit of slumber. God's Election have holy spirit. First Peter chapter 1 and romans chapter 8 to document, election have holy spirit. Many people have spirit of stupor. False brethren will be in hell with satan during millennium.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have been Born-Again and love the Lord Jesus Christ then we are Brothers in Christ = PEACE

The 70th week has not been completed.

We are mid-week of the 70th week = Daniel , 2 Thessalonians and Revelation

Daniel ch12
And from the time the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation set up, there will be 1,290 days.
Blessed is he who waits and reaches the end of the 1,335 days.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-8
Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to Him, we ask you, brothers, not to be easily disconcerted or alarmed by any spirit or message or letter seeming to be from us, alleging that the Day of the Lord has already come.
Let no one deceive you in any way, for it will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness—the son of destruction—is revealed. He will oppose and exalt himself above every so-called god or object of worship.
So he will seat himself in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.
Do you not remember that I told you these things while I was still with you? And you know what is now restraining him, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work, but the one who now restrains it will continue until he is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will slay with the breath of His mouth and annihilate by the majesty of His Coming.

Revelation ch11
Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, and count the number of worshipers there. But exclude the courtyard outside the temple. Do not measure it, because it has been given over to the nations, and they will trample the holy city for 42 months. And I will empower my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.”

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know WHY that is impossible, to have it at mid-week. Once the Antichrist signs that Document the Peace Treaty, with ISRAEL that means every day is Numbered for the Next Seven YEARS. Which blows the "No Man will know the Day or the Hour" prophecy clean out of the water. I believe that Prophecy is 100% accurate, THEREFORE, only Pre-Tribulation, fulfills that Prophecy. Think about it.

Here is the Peace Treaty that I am talking about, it starts the number of days TICKING.

Daniel 9:27 (NCV)
27 That leader will make firm an agreement with many people for seven years. He will stop the offerings and sacrifices after three and one-half years. A destroyer will do terrible things until the ordered end comes to the destroyed city.“

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know WHY that is impossible, to have it at mid-week. Once the Antichrist signs that Document the Peace Treaty, with ISRAEL that means every day is Numbered for the Next Seven YEARS. Which blows the "No Man will know the Day or the Hour" prophecy clean out of the water. I believe that Prophecy is 100% accurate, THEREFORE, only Pre-Tribulation, fulfills that Prophecy. Think about it.

Here is the Peace Treaty that I am talking about, it starts the number of days TICKING.

Daniel 9:27 (NCV)
27 That leader will make firm an agreement with many people for seven years. He will stop the offerings and sacrifices after three and one-half years. A destroyer will do terrible things until the ordered end comes to the destroyed city.“
That is the Antichrist making an agreement for 7 years, but that is not God.

Think Think Think = Gospel, OT Prophets, Apostles

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You seem like a scoffer to me. No Scoffing, or I am out of here. You can disagree without scoffing. We who are Pre-Tribbers take our Pre-tribulation
beliefs DEAD SERIOUS, and are 100% Sure of our facts, and do not care what kind of argument you can put up, we will NEVER change our BELIEFS.

Do you want to see our BELIEFS or Not. Skip the REST if you just want to Scoff or Ridicule.

1 Corinthians 15:35-58, is just a tiny bit of the Truth of want the Purpose of Tribulation is all about. We KNOW in our Hearts it's more about the Wedding of the LAMB where Christ is Marrying the ASSEMBLY, both Old Testament ASSEMBLY, and Church Age ASSEMBLY, combined into one entity. It is a one week Ceremony, which corresponds with the 70th WEEK OF DANIEL. So we believe it will last 7 years, a week in Biblical Prophecy. The Wedding Takes Place in HEAVEN, the Father's House.

WE BELIEVE, Scoffing at, or Ridiculing the Rapture, only insures you will be Left Behind. We Believe Mat. 7:13-27 and so is Mat. 25:1-13, LITERALLY. We BELIEVE that THOSE who do not heed the warning will be Left Behind, and only a FEW People will make they Trip to the Wedding in Heaven, that is the end of Church-Age Assembly.

WE BELIEVE the REASON NO ONE KNOWS THE HOUR OR THE DAY, is the Father must inspect the Son's Work on the NEW CITY JERUSALEM (OUR NEW DWELLING PLACE) in Heaven, and ONLY WHEN the Father Says, "IT IS FINISHED, SON GO GET YOUR BRIDE." IT IS DEAD SERIOUS, IN OUR HEARTS, GENUINE BELIEFS. It will happen, JUST a few days before the 70th Week of Daniel begins, and
7 years Later, we GET TO COME BACK WITH HIM TO SET UP HIS 1000 Year Reign as KING OF KINGS riding White Horses.

There is a LOT MORE TO IT, but This should make it Clear, how SERIOUS WE TAKE THE WEDDING OF THE LAMB.

Matthew 7:13-14 (HCSB)

13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the road is
broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who go through it.
14 How narrow is the gate and difficult the road that leads to life,
and few find it.

Revelation 19:11-21 (HCSB)
11 Then I saw heaven opened, and there was a white horse. Its rider is called Faithful and True, and He judges and makes war in righteousness.
12 His eyes were like a fiery flame, and many crowns were on His head. He had a name written that no one knows except Himself.
13 He wore a robe stained with blood, and His name is the Word of God.
14 The armies that were in heaven followed Him on white horses, wearing pure white linen. (We believe we will be part of that Army.)
15 A sharp sword came from His mouth, so that He might strike the nations with it. He will shepherd them with an iron scepter. He will also trample the winepress of the fierce anger of God, the Almighty.
16 And He has a name written on His robe and on His thigh: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.
17 Then I saw an angel standing on the sun, and he cried out in a loud voice, saying to all the birds flying high overhead, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God,
18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of commanders, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of their riders, and the flesh of everyone, both free and slave, small and great.”
19 Then I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and against His army.
20 But the beast was taken prisoner, and along with him the false prophet, who had performed the signs in his presence. He deceived those who accepted the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image with these signs. Both of them were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.
21 The rest were killed with the sword that came from the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds were filled with their flesh.

Zechariah 14:5 (HCSB)
5 You will flee by My mountain valley, for the valley of the mountains will extend to Azal. You will flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the LORD my God will come and all the holy ones with Him. (That is the same group of true believers as the Armies of Heaven.)

4 saying, Where is the promise of His coming? Ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they have been since the beginning of creation.”

Theres no scoffing it was a question

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure those things happened in those days but the context of the verses before are the destruction of Jerusalem

No it is all about the RAPTURE:

Matthew 24:36-42 (NRSV)
36 "But about that day and hour no one knows, neither the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
37 For as the days of Noah were, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.
38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day Noah entered the ark,
39 and they knew nothing until the flood came and swept them all away, so too will be the coming of the Son of Man.
40 Then two will be in the field; one will be taken and one will be left.
41 Two women will be grinding meal together; one will be taken and one will be left.
42 Keep awake therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.

Every bit of it.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

36 "But about that day and hour no one knows, neither the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day Noah entered the ark,
39 and they knew nothing until the flood came and swept them all away, so too will be the coming of the Son of Man.
41 Two women will be grinding meal together; one will be taken and one will be left.

Every bit of it.
When reading these verses you do realize that in Noah’s day it was better to be left than taken right?

You see the ones taken in Noah’s day were killed in the flood thus they were taken in judgement

So the ones taken in verses 40-41 are also taken in judgement. That is the parallel Jesus is making here

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Every bit of it.
Noah and the Flood rebukes the lie of 'pre-trib' rapture.

Noah agrees with Matthew chapter 24 = Immediately after the Tribulation

"and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come."
1 Thess 1:10