LET'S SEE IF JESUS WAS TALKING ABOUT THE RAPTURE OR HIS SECOND COMING WHEN HE SAID, "NO ONE KNOWS THE DAY NOR THE HOUR"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it that those who hold unto this error can never find a single passage of scripture that speaks of 'pre-trib' rapture?
Luke 21

36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When reading these verses you do realize that in Noah’s day it was better to be left than taken?

You see the ones taken in Noah’s day were killed in the flood thus they were taken in judgement

So the ones taken in verses 40-41 are also taken in judgement. That is the parallel Jesus is making here
The flood came and swept them all away.

But believers were in the ark and lifted off the earth.

So who is taken? the ones that remained and were swept away by the flood or those lifted off the earth in the ark of protection?

Who do you think was screaming "don't leave me here", the ones in the ark or the ones swept away by the flood.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 21

36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
Great verse which i began praying to the Lord about 37 years ago.

It does not speak of nor promise a 'pre-trib rapture'.

This warning from the Lord speaks of our need to keep our hearts close to God:
"But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly." Luke 21:34

Which then leads us to our Lord's exhortation:
"Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man." Luke 21:36

Reactions: No Pre-TB

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly." Luke 21:34

"Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man." Luke 21:36
Hmmm. Take heed so that day will not come on you unexpectedly. Watch and pray that you may be accounted worthy to escape ALL THESE THINGS, and STAND BEFORE THE SON OF MAN.

The Son of Man is in heaven where the wise will be standing before the throne. The unwise will be running around talking about aliens.

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Noah and the Flood rebukes the lie of 'pre-trib' rapture.

Noah agrees with Matthew chapter 24 = Immediately after the Tribulation

"and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come."
1 Thess 1:10

WOW, you do not get that at all, DO YOU?

As Noah, did Not know when the Flood would be, UNTIL THE RAIN AND FLOOD WATERS were rising;

So in the Rapture, No One will know what Day or Hour will be the Rapture of the Saints, until the Dead in Christ Rise First.

You have Listened to too many Scoffers haven't you. You have been deceived by too many misguided sermons. No Offence intended, but I have way more work to do, than I originally thought.

It us like they Brain Washed you. Oh my! Yes, I know the Scoffers will be here, until the Dead in Christ start Rising. Keep asking Questions, and I pray that GOD will fill my Heart and Mind with the right answers that will help you come to the TRUTH. Isn't that analogy much easier to understand NOW?

When you come to the Realization, you need to change Churches, KNOW I have seen, and I have been their too. I used to be a Lutheran, and I started to see errors in their Theology. And finally, I had to find a BIBLE TEACHING CHURCH. And it took a while of trying to find a REALLY GOOD Bible Teaching Church, but I found a VERY GOOD ONE. If you do not know, I am an Evangelical Style of a Christian. For the most part most Evangelical Style of Christian Churches, are Non-Denominational Churches. Many use the Name of the town, followed by COMMUNITY CHURCHES, or BIBLE CHURCH. Grace Brethren Churches are a Good Choice too. There are Non-denominational Baptist Churches that are a good choice too. When the Lord put it on Heart to leave, I found a GOOD BIBLE TEACHING CHURCH. It is a hard decision to Leave a Church, but better BIBLE TEACHING was the deciding factor. Mom got Very upset with me. She actually said: "So now you are going to Leave THEE CHURCH." That was the final straw. I have never been more happy in Church in my life. Our Pastor Teaches ONE HOUR SERMONS and a half hour for the rest of the worship service. WE GET A FULL MEAL of the WORD, EVERY SUNDAY.

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

May I show you that you have been deceived, this Line comes out of a JEWISH WEDDING PROPOSAL:

John 14:2 (NRSV)
2 In my Father's house there are many dwelling places. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you!
John 14:3 (NRSV)
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, so that where I am, there you may be also.

Somebody told you a fib. It is there in John's Gospel.
Here it is in my Favorite Version:

John 14:2-3 (HCSB)
2 In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if not, I would have told you. I am going away to prepare a place for you.
3 If I go away and prepare a place for you, I will come back and receive you to Myself, so that where I am you may be also.

That is the last thing After The Bride accepts His Proposal for Marriage, by Drinking from the Cup of Wine HE poured and Placing it in front of the Bride. If she Drank the Wine, She was accepting the Proposal, if she was rejecting him, she would not drink the Wine. Jesus Poured the Cup and set it down in front of John the Apostle on his Right. John Drank from the Cup and passed it on to the next Apostle, and they to Drank from that Wine in the Cup. The Foundation of the Church all drank, except Judas. The Third Cup is the Betrothal Cup, usually only 2 Cups are Poured as Passover. David, Pour a Cup of Wine, Pray over it, and ask HIM to Reveal the TRUTH TO YOU. Take the Cup to your lips, KNOWING IN YOUR HEART, With this CUP, I Receive the Bridegroom as MY LORD forever. And Drink IT, Knowing the LORD now has permission to change your mind too.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As Noah, did Not know when the Flood would be, UNTIL THE RAIN AND FLOOD WATERS were rising;

So in the Rapture, No One will know what Day or Hour will be the Rapture of the Saints, until the Dead in Christ Rise First.

You have Listened to too many Scoffers haven't you. You have been deceived by too many misguided sermons. No Offence intended, but I have way more work to do, than I originally thought.

It us like they Brain Washed you. Oh my! Yes, I know the Scoffers will be here, until the Dead in Christ start Rising. Keep asking Questions, and I pray that GOD will fill my Heart and Mind with the right answers that will help you come to the TRUTH. Isn't that analogy much easier to understand NOW?

When you come to the Realization, you need to change Churches, KNOW I have seen, and I have been their too. I used to be a Lutheran, and I started to see errors in their Theology. And finally, I had to find a BIBLE TEACHING CHURCH. And it took a while of trying to find a REALLY GOOD Bible Teaching Church, but I found a VERY GOOD ONE. If you do not know, I am an Evangelical Style of a Christian. For the most part most Evangelical Style of Christian Churches, are Non-Denominational Churches. Many use the Name of the town, followed by COMMUNITY CHURCHES, or BIBLE CHURCH. Grace Brethren Churches are a Good Choice too. There are Non-denominational Baptist Churches that are a good choice too. When the Lord put it on Heart to leave, I found a GOOD BIBLE TEACHING CHURCH. It is a hard decision to Leave a Church, but better BIBLE TEACHING was the deciding factor. Mom got Very upset with me. She actually said: "So now you are going to Leave THEE CHURCH." That was the final straw. I have never been more happy in Church in my life. Our Pastor Teaches ONE HOUR SERMONS and a half hour for the rest of the worship service. WE GET A FULL MEAL of the WORD, EVERY SUNDAY.
Do you believe Jews are Gods Chosen people?

Do you believe Israel becoming a nation in 1948 was a fulfillment of prophecy?

Do you believe in a pre-trib rapture?

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe Jews are Gods Chosen people?

Do you believe Israel becoming a nation in 1948 was a fulfillment of prophecy?

Do you believe in a pre-trib rapture?

Yes to all three questions. I also believe the 70 Week of Daniel begins after the Rapture of the Assembly's

No I do not believe the 144,000 have any gentiles in them.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes to all three questions. I also believe the 70 Week of Daniel begins after the Rapture of the Assembly's

Your yes to all three questions puts you in the camp of "Dispensationalism's" teachings,

"Dispensationalism's" is the invention of John N. Darby 1830's and promoted by C.I. Scofield's 1909 reference Bible

1.) God has no respect for persons, nobody is God's chosen based upon race (Jews)

2.) There won't be a pre-trib rapture of the church to heaven as Darby and Scofield taught, the church will be present on earth to be eyewitnesses of the great tribulation and second coming of Jesus in the heavens, just as Jesus taught below

Luke 21:25-28KJV
25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth:
for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May I show you that you have been deceived, this Line comes out of a JEWISH WEDDING PROPOSAL:

John 14:2 (NRSV)
2 In my Father's house there are many dwelling places. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you!
John 14:3 (NRSV)
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, so that where I am, there you may be also.

Somebody told you a fib. It is there in John's Gospel.
Here it is in my Favorite Version:

John 14:2-3 (HCSB)
2 In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if not, I would have told you. I am going away to prepare a place for you.
3 If I go away and prepare a place for you, I will come back and receive you to Myself, so that where I am you may be also.

That is the last thing After The Bride accepts His Proposal for Marriage, by Drinking from the Cup of Wine HE poured and Placing it in front of the Bride. If she Drank the Wine, She was accepting the Proposal, if she was rejecting him, she would not drink the Wine. Jesus Poured the Cup and set it down in front of John the Apostle on his Right. John Drank from the Cup and passed it on to the next Apostle, and they to Drank from that Wine in the Cup. The Foundation of the Church all drank, except Judas. The Third Cup is the Betrothal Cup, usually only 2 Cups are Poured as Passover. David, Pour a Cup of Wine, Pray over it, and ask HIM to Reveal the TRUTH TO YOU. Take the Cup to your lips, KNOWING IN YOUR HEART, With this CUP, I Receive the Bridegroom as MY LORD forever. And Drink IT, Knowing the LORD now has permission to change your mind too.
Good Morning my Brother in Christ,

Thank you for this most beautiful passage of Scripture.

YES, i believe this passage is not just a proposal but it speaks of the PROMISE to Come.

Are you ready to SEE how and when this Promise was, and is being fulfilled today?

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Pre-trib rapture never came out of the Mouth of God and therefore cannot be found in Scripture.

The 'brain washing' comes from those who you have listened too.

Genesis/Enoch and Noah/Daniel/Revelation is complete evidence against 'pre-trib' rapture.

Pray that you would be delivered from your 'brain-washing' indoctrination from false teachers and false prophets.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm. Take heed so that day will not come on you unexpectedly. Watch and pray that you may be accounted worthy to escape ALL THESE THINGS, and STAND BEFORE THE SON OF MAN.

The Son of Man is in heaven where the wise will be standing before the throne. The unwise will be running around talking about aliens.
Luke 21:34-36 is speaking of Believers on earth enduring temptation under pressure = while on earth waiting for the RETURN of the KING.

Stand before the Son of Man at HIS SECOND COMING

SEE how the error of 'pre-trib' always gets it wrong!

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 21:34-36 is speaking of Believers on earth enduring temptation under pressure = while on earth waiting for the RETURN of the KING.

Stand before the Son of Man at HIS SECOND COMING

SEE how the error of 'pre-trib' always gets it wrong!
There is a difference between escaping all these things that come to pass and enduring under pressure. Noah left the earth in an ark and Lot left Sodom. They did not hang around and endure the flood or fire and brimstone.

The Church will be gone before the seals are opened. The tribulation is the time of Jacobs trouble. If you want to ignore all the facts, that's on you. You will be hanging around trying to figure out if those aliens that you see flying around are real or a lie. If you believe what you see, you will believe the lie.

Those that believe the Word of God and have prepared for the bridegroom will be standing before the Son of Man.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LET'S SEE IF JESUS WAS TALKING ABOUT THE RAPTURE OR HIS SECOND COMING WHEN HE SAID, "NO ONE KNOWS THE DAY NOR THE HOUR"

The Coming of the Son of Man
29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Did you notice that verse 29 starts out by Jesus saying, “Immediately after the tribulation of those days."

Jesus is now talking about what events will take place immediately after the tribulation or at the end of the seven-year Tribulation.

THERE IS ONLY ONE QUESTION TO BE ASKED THAT WILL SETTLE THE NO ONE KNOWS DEBATE FOREVER

All will agree that verse 30 comes after verse 29 so that means whatever is said in verse 30 takes place immediately after the Tribulation.

Verse 30 describes the sign of the Son of Man appearing in the heavens.

Q- So here is our big question, Who sees Jesus arriving in the heavens, the world or the Saints?

If it's the entire world that sees Jesus' arrival then It's Jesus's Second Coming but if it's the Saints that see Jesus arrival then it's the Rapture.

OK, LET'S read verse 30 to see if it's the Rapture that no one knows the day or the hour or is it Christ's Second Coming.

V: 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

It's settled, it's the entire world that sees Jesus' arrival so it must be His Second Coming and that's just what He said in verse 29, "immediately after the Tribulation of those days."
The 'flow' in God's Word doesn't work the way you are trying... to express.

The SIGNS Lord Jesus gave that follow that, "Immediately after that tribulation..." are all about the event of His future return to gather His Church. Or didn't you know that those in Christ Jesus, also called saints, are His Church? Will you try and play on that Church vs. saints theory of the FALSE pre-trib rapture doctors too?

And there is ONLY ONE FUTURE COMING by Christ written in God's Word, not two like FALSE pre-trib doctors wrongly preach.

So, if verse 30 takes place immediately after the Tribulation of those days then so does verse 31 because everything that Jesus describes after verse 29 He says is taking place after the Tribulation. So, let's read the next event that will take place immediately after the Tribulation of those days.

Oh, look there is a rapture taking place in verse 31.

31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

This is where all my post-Tribulation friends say, "See I told you so that the Rapture takes place at the end of the Tribulation."
Your Post-tribulational friends are correct, you should listen to them, because they believe that way because of their listening to Lord Jesus in His Word, instead of men's doctrines that are like dung ready to fall by the wayside.

Let me show you why it is not remotely possible that the Rapture takes place at the end of the seven-year Tribulation.
So what's going on here?
Let's find out.

Q-What was Jesus's disciples original question at the beginning of Matthew 24?

A- “What will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” ( Matthew 24:3).
The Bible version you're using has "age" while the Greek for that word can ALSO BE TRANSLATED TO 'WORLD'. It is obvious that Christ's disciples were asking Him what the SIGNS of the end would be leading up to His future return at the END of this present world. Apostle Peter especially knew what that 'end' meant too, for he wrote about it in 2 Peter 3 regarding THREE WORLD EARTH AGES, with this 2nd world earth age we are in now ending on "the day of the Lord" when Jesus returns. Peter said this present world is preserved unto fire!

Thus your false 'play' on verse 3 doesn't work.

Now let Jesus explain what this rapture is that we read about in verse 31 of Matthew 24 in Matthew 13.

MATTHEW 13
JESUS SPEAKING

37 He replied, “The One who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed represents the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.

40 As the weeds are collected and burned in the fire, so will it be at the end of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will weed out of His kingdom every cause of sin and all who practice lawlessness. 42 And they will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father.

There is the explanation for Matthew 24:31 rapture given by Jesus.
NO IT ISN'T AN EXPLANATION. You took the subject of Matthew 24:29-31 COMPLETELY OUT OF THE CONTEXT OF THE MATTHEW 24 CHAPTER ABOUT THE SIGNS OF THE END JESUS WAS GIVING!

That just goes to show that those on a FALSE Pre-trib Rapture theory don't care how... they twist and lie against God's written Word, they have such disdain for it!

BRETHREN IN CHRIST JESUS (not you pre-trib rapture deceived):
Both Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27 are DIRECT PARALLELS to what Apostle Paul taught about the coming of Lord Jesus and gathering of His Church per 1 Thessalonians 4.

What Apostle Paul taught about Jesus' future coming and gathering of the Church in 1 Thessalonians 4 originated... from what Lord Jesus taught in His Olivet discourse!!

In Christ's Olivet discourse of Matthew 24 and Mark 13, the 'gathering' verse is DIFFERENT between the two Gospel Books!

Matt 24:30-31
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet,
and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
KJV

1. Matt.24 = gathered "from one end of heaven to the other."

Mark 13:26-27
26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
27 And then shall He send His angels, and
shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
KJV

2. Mark 13 = gathered "from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven."

Just so you can see both of those different phrases closer together, to note they are different, I'll put them together for you...

1. Matt.24 = gathered "from one end of heaven to the other."
2. Mark 13 = gathered "from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven."

In 1 Thessalonians 4, Apostle Paul said to not worry about the "asleep" brethren that had already died in Christ, because Jesus will BRING THOSE WITH HIM, Paul said. That's not a 'rapture'. Those asleep in Jesus are already there with Him, and when He returns He simply brings them with Him. So which phrase above is that, no.1 or no.2? It is no.1, what He said in Matthew 24:31.

Then Paul taught that we who remain and are still alive when Jesus returns, will be "caught up" to Jesus in the air. That is what some call the 'rapture', it is ONLY about those saints still alive on earth on the day of Christ's future return. That is no.2, those gathered "from the uttermost part of the earth".

So was Apostle Paul teaching about a time PRIOR to the great tribulation with that "caught up" idea in 1 Thess.4? God forbid, NO! He was teaching about Jesus' coming on the LAST DAY of this present world, the "day of the Lord". How do we know this?

Because Zechariah 14 REVEALS WHERE JESUS IS RETURNING TO WITH ALL HIS SAINTS, and it is on that "day of the Lord" timing!

In 2 Peter 3:10, Peter revealed that the "day of the Lord" will involve a destruction upon this earth of man's works, by God's consuming fire! He said it come "as a thief in the night". Apostle Paul taught the same metaphor in 1 Thess.5, that it will come "as a thief in the night". Jesus taught that about the time of His coming also, when He said in Rev.16:15 that He comes "as a thief". So there... even though all those Scripture points come from different Bible Books in The New Testament, they are still within the SAME CONTEXT of the day of Christ's future return and gathering of His Church.

So don't listen to the crazies who don't care if they twist God's written Word out of proportion to make it fit their FALSE pre-trib rapture theory. You can't tell if those are just gullible and deceived, or are actually false Jews hiding as Christians, for those are here on this forum too.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a difference between escaping all these things that come to pass and enduring under pressure. Noah left the earth in an ark and Lot left Sodom. They did not hang around and endure the flood or fire and brimstone.

The Church will be gone before the seals are opened. The tribulation is the time of Jacobs trouble. If you want to ignore all the facts, that's on you. You will be hanging around trying to figure out if those aliens that you see flying around are real or a lie. If you believe what you see, you will believe the lie.

Those that believe the Word of God and have prepared for the bridegroom will be standing before the Son of Man.
Noah and Lot were delivered from God's Wrath.

"and to await His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead—Jesus our deliverer from the coming wrath." - 1 Thess 1:10

What Two Components are mentioned in this One Verse that are inextricably connected?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, He does not. That chp has nothing to do with the harpazo Paul wrote about.
The false 'fly away' doctrine of man (i.e., pre-trib rapture theory), is exactly... what God is rebuking in the Ezekiel 13 chapter. If you knew your Old Testament history about the "house of Israel" linked with the "day of the Lord", then you'd have some idea of what time He is pointing to there in Ezekiel 13. Just because a prophecy is in... the Old Testament Books, does not mean it already happened.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SEE = there was no pre-trib rapture for them = they were in the very midst of Great Tribulation leading up to God's Wrath.

SEE = "and to await His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead—Jesus our deliverer from the coming wrath."

What Two Components are mentioned in this One Verse that are inextricably connected?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

WOW - You actually believe a lie = pre-trib rapture

There is no pre-trib rapture in the the Book of Daniel.

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW - You actually believe a lie = pre-trib rapture

There is no pre-trib rapture in the the Book of Daniel.

1682621510660.png

No I TOLD YOU THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH. In my opinion, you have been deceived. This is the age of Deception.
I am sorry for you. What Church do you go to, just the denomination is all I am asking for.

I think we have arrived at our Finish Line.

2 Peter 3:3-4 (ESV)
3 knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires.
4 They will say, Where is the promise of his coming? . . .

Time will TELL.
I ABSOLUTELY KNOW IN MY HEART, I WILL BE AT THE WEDDING OF THE LAMB IN HEAVEN.