• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But does that mean you have ceased from any sin since you were born again? does being born again to you mean something different or a diiferent experience from trusting Christ as your Savior and accepting His death, Blood and Resuurection as the full payment for all your sins?
Hello again....birthed in the Spirit?

Do you agree it’s a supernatural birth that only God can do, through the Holy Spirit?
Of course there is much more to it than that, there is the drawing, that God does, drawing us to Jesus, Godly sorrow that leads to repentance,

II Corinthians 7:10 New King James Version (NKJV)
For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

If we have truly been birthed in the Spirit/ born again, which is an act of God Through the Holy Spirit.

That means you have the indwelling Holy Spirit, who indwells your spirit... can the Holy Spirit indwell your heart/ spirit....if you are still dead and in sin?..in other words can the Holy Spirit indwell a “ Sinner”?

My question to you is....if we are in Christ, then how can we still be in sin?

I had the same difficulty understanding sin, I also thought/ believed that we were still sinners at one time, I was so confused.

Then along came Behold, who explained it so well to me that I understood....of course it was the Holy Spirit who explained it to me through Behold.....Brother, don’t lose your peace over it, The Holy Spirit is right there with you, wait and rest in him, all will be revealed in his timing....I know it concerns you and so does God....rest in his peace Brother..just my thoughts and belief....God Bless You and much Love ..

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
She is referring to being "in Christ".
Amen!!....there is no sin in Christ, and the Holy Spirit cannot and does not indwell a sinner.....There is no sin in a Born again.....impossible!!...in Jesus Name...Amen!

Romans 6:18
Context Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

New Living Translation
Now you are free from your slavery to sin, and you have become slaves to righteous living.

English Standard Version
and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Berean Standard Bible
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Berean Literal Bible
And having been set free from sin, you have become slaves to righteousness.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you are in Christ you are (a) not "in" sin, (b) not controlled by your sin nature ("the flesh"), and (c) able to resist temptations by the power of the Holy Spirit. But that does not mean that (a) your sin nature has been eradicated, (b) you are incapable of sinning, (c) you may not even sin from time to time, and (d) therefore you are not to avoid confessing your sins. In other words those who are born again are not automatically sinlessly perfect. So do not delude yourself.

• Love
Reactions: Keturah

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you are in Christ you are (a) not "in" sin, (b) not controlled by your sin nature ("the flesh"), and (c) able to resist temptations by the power of the Holy Spirit. But that does not mean that (a) your sin nature has been eradicated, (b) you are incapable of sinning, (c) you may not even sin from time to time, and (d) therefore you are not to avoid confessing your sins. In other words those who are born again are not automatically sinlessly perfect. So do not delude yourself.
Hello Enoch, I’m not really understanding what you mean here, so I ask @Behold , if he can explain what this means...in other words, I pray the Holy Spirit speaks to me through Behold, on what this means....we shall wait and see...many thanks for explaining.

Edit to add, I deleted my first post to you, as it was me getting on my high horse,LOL....came across as being a know it all, LOL, which I’m not...I have very much to learn,from God’s word.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I But that does not mean that (a) your sin nature has been eradicated,

Paul teaches the opposite, Enoch111

Paul told you that ';:your old man of sin is CRUCIFIED with Christ". IF you are born again and are not just water baptized and religious.

"crucified" = DEAD.

Then Paul told you that you are to "reckon the old man DEAD". This means you are to REALIZE IT, and not ever again think your sin nature is still alive and kicking., as its "Crucified with Christ'.

What isn't crucified?

= Your THINKING.
See, most believers see their THINKING as their sin nature, and its not. Its only your MIND.
And Paul told you to "renew" your mind so that your THINKING is no longer FLESH. (Carnal).
And until you do that, you will THINK in "sin consciousness" and that is the reason you can't understand that to be born again is to become a 'new Creation" "in Christ".

See, the carnal Christian only SEES their THINKING........ as "that is who i am, because that is how i THINK".

"today i thought about dogs and cats"
"today i thought about robbing a bank"
"today i thought about LUST"

= Its just THINKING.....and that is NOT the born again Spirit, that is "in Christ" having become a "new Creation"
That is the FLESH.....the mind of the FLESH, that is not renewed by the understanding of who you have become "in Christ".

Listen, your MIND is not born again.....You have to RENEW IT.

And im not describing the water baptized religious faker that has all the theological terms, but is not born again.

Im talking to the person who went to the Cross, as a sinner, and you gave God your faith in Jesus as your Savior, and God saved you, and you know the day that happened.
THat's the one im talking to.... not the "sprinkled and confirmed", "water baptism washes my sin away", deceived religious but lost, person.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didnt say you are not in Christ.

I said you have no idea what that means.

You can "Wikipedia" or you do an online search.

It wont help you.

See, Christianity, is Spiritual, not "flesh".
Well your prognosticating ability really sucks.

but yes or no

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
= Its just THINKING.....and that is NOT the born again Spirit, that is "in Christ" having become a "new Creation"
That is the FLESH.....the mind of the FLESH, that is not renewed by the understanding of who you have become "in Christ".

Listen, your MIND is not born again.....You have to RENEW IT.
This has helped me understand, been a great revelation from the Holy Spirit...Praise God!

It’s taken many years for me to get to this place of understanding..Praise God again for that.

Romans 12:2 in Other Translations
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Romans 12:2​

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—His good, pleasing and perfect will." (NIV)

2 Corinthians 10:5​

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." (NIV)

Psalm 1:2​

"Instead, they find happiness in the Teaching of the Lord, and they think about it day and night." (CEV)

Proverbs 4:23​

"Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life." (NLT)

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello again....birthed in the Spirit?

Do you agree it’s a supernatural birth that only God can do, through the Holy Spirit?
Of course there is much more to it than that, there is the drawing, that God does, drawing us to Jesus, Godly sorrow that leads to repentance,

II Corinthians 7:10 New King James Version (NKJV)
For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

If we have truly been birthed in the Spirit/ born again, which is an act of God Through the Holy Spirit.

That means you have the indwelling Holy Spirit, who indwells your spirit... can the Holy Spirit indwell your heart/ spirit....if you are still dead and in sin?..in other words can the Holy Spirit indwell a “ Sinner”?

I had the same difficulty understanding sin, I also thought/ believed that we were still sinners at one time, I was so confused.

Then along came Behold, who explained it so well to me that I understood....of course it was the Holy Spirit who explained it to me through Behold.....Brother, don’t lose your peace over it, The Holy Spirit is right there with you, wait and rest in him, all will be revealed in his timing....I know it concerns you and so does God....rest in his peace Brother..just my thoughts and belief....God Bless You and much Love ..
I have not lost a subatomic bit of my peace.

But I have asked both of you a very very very simple question and both of you have refused to answer by being so very evasive. Do you sin at all in thought word or deed since you were "birthed" by the Spirit? It is a simple question that only requires a yes or no! but both of you play this elusive word fest instead of just answering yes or no.

I have no difficulty understanding what sin is and what being in sin means despite Beholds pontifications to the contrary!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I have not lost a subatomic bit of my peace.

But I have asked both of you a very very very simple question and both of you have refused to answer by being so very evasive.

You dont understand a basic spiritual principal.

ITs this.

Your MIND is not the "Son of God".

And because your mind is not understanding this, you only see yourself as what you THINK.

God does not see the born again, this way.
He sees us as the NEW CREATION in Christ".

This is NOT your body or your mind.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But I have asked both of you a very very very simple question and both of you have refused to answer by being so very evasive. Do you sin at all in thought word or deed since you were "birthed" by the Spirit? It is a simple question that only requires a yes or no! but both of you play this elusive word fest instead of just answering yes or no.
We have posted the word of God, which isn’t a yes or no answer, you don’t seem to be understanding what we have both posted, which was the word of God..I pray that you study that scripture further and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you through it.

Here is the scripture again...this is the word of God..not your yes or no word, not our word, the word of God.

1 John 3:9
Context Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

New Living Translation
Those who have been born into God’s family do not make a practice of sinning, because God’s life is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they are children of God.

English Standard Version
No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.

Berean Standard Bible
Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

Berean Literal Bible
Anyone having been born of God does not practice sin, because His seed abides in him, and he is not able to continue sinning, because he has been born of God.

King James Bible
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You dont understand a basic spiritual principal.

ITs this.

Your MIND is not the "Son of God".

And because your mind is not understanding this, you only see yourself as what you THINK.

God does not see the born again, this way.
He sees us as the NEW CREATION in Christ".

This is NOT your body or your mind.
I fully undersdtand this. what you don't understand is that in conversation manners require you to answer a question posed to you. You are not stupid! Yes or NO.

By you rintentional evasiveness you are being a very dishonest discusser. You cannot teach if you firsat are not teachable and you refuse to honor a persons simple request. Timne to end this charade! Keep pretending you are perfect in thought word and deed. In Time God will show you what a fool you are actring like. You are a snob! Have the last word.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have posted the word of God, which isn’t a yes or no answer, you don’t seem to be understanding what we have both posted, which was the word of God..I pray that you study that scripture further and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you through it.

Here is the scripture again...this is the word of God..not your yes or no word, not our word, the word of God.
So you believe you do not sin anymore? Yes or no. You can answer that and your refusal to simply answer an honest question is very troubling.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not see your mind or your body as the "Born again" "new Creation".

Will you ever understand this?

Until you do, you can't can't understand = "In Christ". "made free from Sin". "made righteous".
Now you are guilty of lying once again. You cannot know what I do or do not understand. You are being evasive because you do not want to admit you sin.