• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does God Require His OT "ritual" of water baptism, for us, Today, Under HIS PURE GRACE?

• NO

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Need More Scriptural Evidence to make a decision

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • yes

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend(s), thanks for your participation in This Important Matter!

I believe water baptism is The Main Divider of christian denominations.
I pray {who will join me?} that we would ALL be united For God, and that
many will be blessed And Encouraged, prayerfully And Carefully reviewing
All Of God's Scriptural Evidence In HIS Important Doctrine! Amen?:

13 Bible Baptisms

All loving help with Any Improvements needed in this Important
"study" will Be Greatly Appreciated! Found one:

“If the one baptism of Ephesians 4:5 is the spiritual baptism of
I Corinthians 12:13—and we know it is—then there are no other
baptisms that are to be observed today. CHRIST PAID IT ALL,
“that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.”
(Paul Sadler):

The Uncertain Trumpet of water baptism

See you in God’s Great GloryLand! ♫ :)

GRACE And Peace...

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think what divides Christians is a greater concern for doctrinal purity than for each other. And from there, I think we all draw a line somewhere. We have to. And when brothers are at war, I think that line is in the wrong place.

Much love!

Great point. I would just add that it is not doctrinal differences that cause war. Thomas Jefferson famously said that if his neighbor believes in 10 gods or no gods, it neither picks his pocket or breaks his bones.

Doctrinal purity is a higher priority for many Christians over loving others as Jesus commanded. It's a major turn off to those who might otherwise consider making our lord their lord. It's a shame.

I try not to get into religion but relationships.

Reactions: Taken and marks

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thomas Jefferson famously said that if his neighbor believes in 10 gods or no gods, it neither picks his pocket or breaks his bones.
Since TJ is likely waiting for his turn to be cast into the lake of fire (because of his rejection of Christ as LORD and raised from the dead), he may not be the best cornerstone to anchor one’s theology to.

YMMV.

Reactions: Triumph1300

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does God Require His OT "ritual" of water baptism, for us, Today, Under HIS PURE GRACE?

God REQUIRES nothing.
God is complete and self-sufficient in His Tri-Unity.

God saves men [Ephesians 2:1-10].
God instructs us what we must do … not to be saved, but because we are His workmanship and His workmanship walks in the good deeds that He has prepared for us in advanced. Good trees produce good fruit and bad trees produce bad fruit. That is not a threat, that is just the way it is.

Capiche?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@GRACE ambassador

The baptism a person is looking for is the baptism that comes from the Jesus Christ whom brings forth Holy Spirit from the Father - in which John indicates that - Jesus would baptize others in. The Father first baptized Jesus as a promise; and the promise from Jesus was that from the Father - the promise would to come to them. Which is to us today.

People are baptized from the Father through the Lord Jesus Christ by and through faith.

Luke 24:49 “And behold, I am sending forth the promise of My Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.”

This was a promise made also from the prophet Joel

Joel 2:
“It will come about after this
That I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind;

And your sons and daughters will prophesy,
Your old men will dream dreams,
Your young men will see visions.
29 “Even on the male and female servants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days.

The Day of the Lord
30 “I will display wonders in the sky and on the earth,
Blood, fire and columns of smoke.
31 “The sun will be turned into darkness
And the moon into blood
Before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes.
32 “And it will come about that whoever calls on the name of the Lord
Will be delivered
;
For on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
There will be those who escape,
As the Lord has said,
Even among the survivors whom the Lord calls.

And here is what John the Baptist said about it all:

Mark 1:7
7 And he was preaching, and saying, “After me One is coming who is mightier than I, and I am not fit to stoop down and untie the thong of His sandals. 8 I baptized you with water; but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.”

Romans 5:5 and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God (Our Father) has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

The baptism that a person should be looking for is the baptism of the Holy Spirit, that comes by and through faith on the Lord Jesus Christ in which our faith makes us justified and have peace with God our Father according to (Romans 5:1). Abraham was credited for righteousness by faith and not through the law. (Romans 4:13)

Last edited:

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the point is, what skin is it off my nose what you think? Think what you want, no harm comes to me because you think something.

Much love!
Many thought that a baker that refused to make cakes that violated his Christian beliefs needed to be prosecuted into bankruptcy … and the state of Oregon did just that. All beliefs are not “harmless”.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what the Apostle to the Gentiles had to say:

Ephesians 4:5 KJV
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Romans 6:3-4 KJV
3) Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4) Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Much love!

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mileage does vary to the opposite. Jesus is NOT the LORD God. There is not one verse that says Jesus is LORD.

There are many Lord’s in the Bible and Jesus is one.
When you meet Him, He can correct your misunderstanding. ;)
All the people that kept trying to stone Him understood what He was saying.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 45:20-24 KJV (Name restored)
20) Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save.
21) Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I YHWH? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
22) Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
23) I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
24) Surely, shall one say, in YHWH have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.

Joel 2:32 KJV (Name restored)
32) And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of YHWH shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom YHWH shall call.

Acts 2:21 KJV
21) And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Acts 4:10-12 KJV
10) Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
11) This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12) Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Philippians 2:9-11 KJV
9) Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11) And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

The One Name by which we must be saved, Jesus. No other savior besides YHWH. Jesus Christ is Lord.

Much love!
21) Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I YHWH? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
22) Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
23) I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
24) Surely, shall one say, in YHWH have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.
GOD said that my friend . And notice in the bible it says unto JESUS shall every knee bow , every tongue confess .
Folks aint looking at what is getting said . Even Thomas doubted . But in the end
says , MY LORD AND MY GOD . And i dont seem to remember JESUS saying , STAND UP THOMAS , dont say that , dont kneel before ME .
Exactly . IMMANUEL means IMMANUEL . GOD was manifest in the flesh INDEED . Paul had it right
What he wrote to timothy about the mystery of godliness was RIGHT . GOD really was manifest in the flesh .
GOD is HIS WORD. NOW LET ALL that draws breath , both magnify and praise the LORD .Paul said it again too . THAT IN CHRIST we are made the righteousness of GOD . OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS IS IN GOD .
LET THE KING BE PRAISED . LET EVERYONE REJOICE IN THE LORD .

Reactions: atpollard

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am someone who does believe that at the end of this life we will see God our (Father) through the expression of His Son; our Lord; contributing the Lord Jesus Christ to be the Lord God Almighty.

When it comes down to when you see LORD in the old testament that is meaning Yahweh, or YHWH. -> The Father.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even Thomas doubted .
Thomas sure gets a bad rap!

Matthew 24:23-26 KJV
23) Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24) For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25) Behold, I have told you before.
26) Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

John 20:19 KJV
19) Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

John 20:25 KJV
25) The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

Thomas did as Jesus instructed. Didn't he?

Much love!

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a dishonest, loaded and biased question.
Precious friend, thanks for your input. Is it because of this? Your statement:

Prejudice is a great timesaver. It enables you to form opinions without bothering to get facts.

Please Be Blessed!

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God REQUIRES nothing.
... God instructs us what we must do
Precious friend, please explain thyself? If God requires NOTHING, why
would He "INSTRUCT us what TO DO"? Isn't that REQUIREments?

I asked IF God REQUIRES us,Today, Under HIS PURE GRACE,
The Body Of CHRIST, to be
"water baptized"? Because:

HE Did REQUIRE HIS OT elect to be WATER baptized FOR
THE REMISSION OF sins, and to be "inducted into the priesthood,"

for God's Promise to Be Fulfilled:

"And ye shall be unto Me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation.
These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of
ISRAEL." (Exodus_19:6 KJB!)

Please prayerfully/Carefully "study" review/preview/peruse
#'s 4, 9 & 10
here: 13 Bible baptisms

Be Blessed!

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mileage does vary to the opposite. Jesus is NOT the LORD God. There is not one verse that says Jesus is LORD.
When you meet Him, He can correct your misunderstanding. ;)
All the people that kept trying to stone Him understood what He was saying.
The One Name by which we must be saved, Jesus. No other savior besides YHWH. Jesus Christ is Lord.
When it comes down to when you see LORD in the old testament that is meaning Yahweh, or YHWH. -> The Father.
Precious friends, this is OFF TOPIC! Please DELETE these posts, AND:
"start ANOTHER thread" to talk about this!

Thanks/Be Blessed!

Should I love you/forgive you, OR "report" your Derailment of this thread to the Moderators?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrangler