Mary, Mother of the Lord Jesus Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Josho,

Thank you for attempting to have a charitable discussion about Mary in scripture.

And while you, and some others (thank you) have indeed treated the Catholics as brothers and sisters,
The spirit of the emnity of the serpent for the woman (gen 3:15) and for her children (rev 12:17) has been on full display.

If you wish to continue in a private conversation, I am willing. But I will no longer take part in this thread.

Peace!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

I would love to have a conservation on the Holy Mother where the wolves would not enter

Mother Mary, pray for us!
St. Joseph, pray for us!
St. David, pray for us!
Sts. Peter and Paul, pray for us!
St. Andre, pray for us!
All you holy men and women, pray for us!

Amen!

Reactions: GodsGrace

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
but that would require her to actually read the Bible i guess huh

hey helen, is there an attachments page somewhere for those? ty

Years ago I had a page...but as they got old they blanked out...I just have a few that I pulled off onto my laptop...but that can't be done on an iPad.
:(

Reactions: bbyrd009

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How so? Name a church in your area that has an apostle and a prophet in it.

The ministers that are ordained by the RCC are apostles and Christ is our prophet

What do u mean "the churches today refuse to honor the ministry of the apostles and prophets" please elaborate
And how does it relate to what i was saying about sola scripture and apostolic succession?

Reactions: historyb

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho,

Thank you for attempting to have a charitable discussion about Mary in scripture.

And while you, and some others (thank you) have indeed treated the Catholics as brothers and sisters,
The spirit of the emnity of the serpent for the woman (gen 3:15) and for her children (rev 12:17) has been on full display.

If you wish to continue in a private conversation, I am willing. But I will no longer take part in this thread.

Peace!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Mother Mary, pray for us!
St. Joseph, pray for us!
St. David, pray for us!
Sts. Peter and Paul, pray for us!
St. Andre, pray for us!
All you holy men and women, pray for us!

Yep I am locking this thread, and bringing it back to private discussion, @Adoration was right that a Catholic doctrine cannot be respectfully discussed between most non-Catholics. I was hoping some might learn a thing or 2 about why Catholics believe what they believe, and I was also hoping that a discussion could be had about what the Bible has to say about Mary, many seem to be happy to discuss Paul or Peter, but when it comes to Mary, it's an avoided subject, that's why I started this thread.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ministers that are ordained by the RCC are apostles and Christ is our prophet

What do u mean "the churches today refuse to honor the ministry of the apostles and prophets" please elaborate
And how does it relate to what i was saying about sola scripture and apostolic succession?
And now you understand that apostolic succession is nearly impossible.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep I am locking this thread, and bringing it back to private discussion, @Adoration was right that a Catholic doctrine cannot be respectfully discussed between most non-Catholics. I was hoping some might learn a thing or 2 about why Catholics believe what they believe, and I was also hoping that a discussion could be had about what the Bible has to say about Mary, many seem to be happy to discuss Paul or Peter, but when it comes to Mary, it's an avoided subject, that's why I started this thread.
What we should be doing is dropping all our denominational labels and just enter as Christians.....I know in His timing we will be together as one....oh how I yearn to see that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.