Mary, Mother of the Lord Jesus Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
DOCUMENTATION, please for the remark in RED . . .

Shouldn't
be dufficult, right?

You obviously haven't done that much studying, or you would know the answer. After 65 years of study, theology, eschatology, church history, church Fathers, do you really think I have at my fingertips everything I have ever studied over those years? or would waste time now trying to
find re-track something which to me is of such insignificance?

Reactions: Taken

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God clearly detests those who communicate with the dead.

Your right but Christians are not dead. God is the God of the living not the dead, so if your assertion are correct than anyone who passed away are not anywhere and there is no hope. God said in Hebrews to reassure us that when we leave this fleshly coil that we will go to Him, precisely that we are surrounded by a great crowd of witnesses and that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. There is no way when we ask Saints to pray for us that we are communicating to dead people. Honestly I wish people would stop saying that silliness all Christians of every stripe believe communication with the dead is wrong.

It would be nice if other Christians ask questions about beliefs instead of assume and they say "I studied for so many years" when they just regurgitate lies about beliefs

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your right but Christians are not dead. God is the God of the living not the dead, so if your assertion are correct than anyone who passed away are not anywhere and there is no hope. God said in Hebrews to reassure us that when we leave this fleshly coil that we will go to Him, precisely that we are surrounded by a great crowd of witnesses and that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. There is no way when we ask Saints to pray for us that we are communicating to dead people. Honestly I wish people would stop saying that silliness all Christians of every stripe believe communication with the dead is wrong.

It would be nice if other Christians ask questions about beliefs instead of assume and they say "I studied for so many years" when they just regurgitate lies about beliefs

When King Saul called up Samuel from the dead, he was very angry that Saul had defied God's Law, and said to Saul, “Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?” 1 Samuel 28 "therefore tomorrow you and your sons will be with me [amongst the dead]."

Perhaps King Saul followed your theology, in calling up Samuel from the dead. For engaging in such anti-God heathenism, Saul was rewarded by he and his sons being able to communicate with the dead all day, every day. He promised Saul that he and his sons would all be dead by tomorrow.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you think that it is not a good idea to discuss Catholic doctrine? We discuss/debate Protestant doctrine on here all day long.... every day.... 365 days a year!!! One thread dedicated to the doctrine of The Church is......???

Perhaps it has something to do with your own expectation of expecting knives to be thrown!

Not all Converted Christians favor man-made Doctrines OVER Jesus' Doctrines.

Glory to God,
Taken

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact is that YOU pray to people EVERY SINGLE DAY – and they pray to YOU.

You're pretty silly. You equate "praying" to living people as equivalent to PRAYING to DEAD PEOPLE.

To quote Attorney Joseph N. Welch of the 1950's McCarthy Hearings:
... You've done enough. Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency? ...

... to which I would suggest "sense of integrity" in BOTH instances.

QUESTION: What's the difference between a RELIGIOUS person and a DISHONEST person?
ANSWER: ... I don't know either ...​

Bobby Jo

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Samuel was very angry that Saul had defied God's Law, and said to Saul, “Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?” 1 Samuel 28 "therefore tomorrow you and your sons will be with me [amongst the dead]."

Perhaps King Saul followed your theology, in calling up Samuel from the dead. For engaging in such anti-God heathenism, Samuel was rewarded by he and his sons being able to communicate with the dead all day, every day. He promised Saul that he and his sons would all be dead by tomorrow.

No it was not Samuel, it was a demon. I am sorry you seem to believe in a god that let's his children die. I believe in the God of the living not the dead, maybe someday you will come to know the true God.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In your opinion: What is the biggest 'divide' between The Church and Protestant doctrine on Mary?
For Protestants Mary is simply the mother of Jesus of Nazareth. For Catholics she is (1) Queen of Heaven, (2) Mediatrix, (3) Co-Redemptrix, and a whole lot more.

There is a whole cult of Mary in the Catholic Church. Mary's Immaculate Conception has no basis is Scripture. Mary's perpetual virginity has no basis in Scripture. Mary's "spiritual motherhood of men" has no basis in Scripture.Mary's assumption into Heaven has no basis in Scripture. Praying to Mary has no basis is Scripture.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hmmm, well I have been thinking of Catholic doctrine on Mary lately and the "hail Mary." In this thread we will look at the importance of Mary's role in the Bible, and the Catholic doctrine on Mary and why do Catholics say hail Mary's, if we read Luke 1:28 in the Bible we find out Angel Gabriel said to Mary Mother of Jesus "Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women."

A real interesting view point though lately I have seen though from Father Rob Galea, is about loving Jesus the way Mary did, having a close relationship with Jesus the way Mary did, and I think that is quite a wonderful viewpoint, because when we think about it Mary the mother of Christ Jesus would have had such a close relationship with Christ Jesus being the mother of Jesus, it was a mother-son relationship and loving mothers absolutely love and care for their children.

And when we read Luke chapter one we learn that Mary was "thou that art highly favoured" we also learn that Angel Gabriel pretty much said hail Mary. "Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be. And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God."

While God is higher than Mary, she still is a very important woman and plays a very important role in the Bible and many protestants push that fact aside.

She was chosen to give birth to Jesus, she was chosen to give birth to the Son of God, who entered this world to fulfill the law, to make the new covenant of "Grace", to be the ultimate sacrifice, so that whoever believes in Him shall not die but live an eternal life. Jesus Christ is Lord God, that walked the earth in human flesh, and He entered the world through Virgin Mary, by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Luke 1:26-31

26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,

27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.

30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
@Josho: Remember that in Luke 1.47 Mary says: 'My spirit hath rejoice in God my Saviour'. Even with her privilege of bringing the Lord Jesus into the world, she still still needed a Saviour.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doctrine was not mentioned. Habit was mentioned, and the habit of praying TO saints was found a disturbing thing for people to do.
Ummmm.....did you read what was written by charismaticlady? This is what she wrote that I responded to: "Yes, I find the habit of praying to saints or Mary, or your grandmother a disturbing doctrine. They are not our mediator between God and us. Only Jesus is."

Sooooooo doctrine was mentioned!!!

A "habit" is NOT doctrine so who really cares if one is disturbed by a persons habit? There is nothing in scripture about 'false habits' but there is plenty in Scripture about "false doctrines".

Mary

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For Protestants Mary is simply the mother of Jesus of Nazareth. For Catholics she is (1) Queen of Heaven, (2) Mediatrix, (3) Co-Redemptrix, and a whole lot more.

There is a whole cult of Mary in the Catholic Church. Mary's Immaculate Conception has no basis is Scripture. Mary's perpetual virginity has no basis in Scripture. Mary's "spiritual motherhood of men" has no basis in Scripture.Mary's assumption into Heaven has no basis in Scripture. Praying to Mary has no basis is Scripture.

big-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

As we all knew , just another of these circular threads, where we all repeat all the same things that we all said before... many times... Good clear post.
End of discussion. :)

Hoping @Josho is happy with his OP creation. :oops:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are 110% correct. I would also add that using "saints" as intermediaries has no basis in Scripture either. I even have a magnet on my refrigerator depicting Saint Roch, patron saint of dogs! It reminds me of how distorted one's religion can become.

Reactions: Stan B

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 9748

As we all knew , just another of these circular threads, where we all repeat all the same things that we all said before... many times... Good clear post.
End of discussion. :)

Hoping @Josho is happy with his OP creation. :oops:

The BEST POST of the Topic. -- Stop whipping this dead horse, grab a shovel and bury it FOR GOOD, and then BURN THE SHOVEL.

Bobby Jo

Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If everybody in Heaven in the presence of almighty God is "dead" - why do YOU want to go there??

I have no problem speaking the Truth.
Living Body's communicate with Living Body's.
Living Body's with a Quickened spirit can communicate with Living Body's with a Quickened spirit having a spiritual conversation.

No where in Scripture do I find living Bodily persons directed to communicate with dead Body's, or that any Dead body's are in Heaven.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No it was not Samuel, it was a demon. I am sorry you seem to believe in a god that let's his children die. I believe in the God of the living not the dead, maybe someday you will come to know the true God.
Yeah, the Bible says it was Samuel. So who to believe? God or historyb?

And yeah, I believe in a God that not only lets His children die, which includes the death of His only begotten Son! We all die!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm.....did you read what was written by charismaticlady? This is what she wrote that I responded to: "Yes, I find the habit of praying to saints or Mary, or your grandmother a disturbing doctrine. They are not our mediator between God and us. Only Jesus is."

Sooooooo doctrine was mentioned!!!

A "habit" is NOT doctrine so who really cares if one is disturbed by a persons habit? There is nothing in scripture about 'false habits' but there is plenty in Scripture about "false doctrines".

Mary

And if a false doctrine is ones habit to follow...I also would find that disturbing.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yeah, I believe in a God that not only lets His children die, which includes the death of His only begotten Son! We all die!

Yep!

God not NOT only lets a persons body die, He
Requires it.
And Why human body's are called "Mortal", which means "subject to death".

Glory to God,
Taken

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is a whole cult of Mary in the Catholic Church. Mary's Immaculate Conception has no basis is Scripture. Mary's perpetual virginity has no basis in Scripture. Mary's "spiritual motherhood of men" has no basis in Scripture. Mary's assumption into Heaven has no basis in Scripture. Praying to Mary has no basis is Scripture.
Good news Enoch. For one to be a Catholic they do not have to profess that Mary is Queen of Heaven, Mediatrix or Co-Redemtrist.

Bad news.
You do know that there are some Protestants that agree with The Church on this matter?
For one to be a Protestant they can hold those "Catholic" views on Mary and it's no big deal since as a Protestant you can believe whatever you want and still be right!!

You are right about there being a 'cult' in The Church. They recognize that Mary, the Mother of God who was hand picked by God, is full of grace and that she is blessed amongst women. They love, respect, admire and honor her just like Jesus and God did. I don't think holding those beliefs/practices is un-reasonable. Do you?

Show me in Scripture where it calls her anything other than a virgin (hint, it doesn't) AND show me in Scripture where it names anyone other than Jesus as her child (hint, it doesn't) and I will join your 500 year teaching of the men who disagree with the Reformers that she was not a perpetual virgin.

On a side note.....there is a 1800 year teaching that she was a perpetual virgin. Why do you reject the oldest teaching and accept the newest teaching?

Show me in Scripture that everthing we are to believe as Christians is in Scripture AND a table of contents IN scripture. I will then join your teaching of men.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if a false doctrine is ones habit to follow...I also would find that disturbing.
Wow...you simply have the inability to take responsibility for saying something that wasn't true....how sad.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Death could not hold the Lord Jesus; He is sinless. He voluntarily laid down His life. "No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. " (John 10.18)

Reactions: Helen
Status
Not open for further replies.