Mary, Mother of the Lord Jesus Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Petty whine whine. I responded. Get over it.
Soooooo let me see if I have got this straight.

You accused me of something that wasn’t true.

I point out your false accusation.

You then go on another rant without apologizing.

I point out that you have an inability to take responsibility for a false accusation.

And then you rant like a child saying “petty whine whine...get over it”.

Hmmmmm......

Reactions: historyb

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In other words, you have ZERO documentation for your bogus claim

That's what I thought . . .

You should have learned by now...
No one is impressed what you think about your words you try to stuff in other people's mouths.
UGH

Reactions: Nancy

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way I see it, is Catholics ask Mary and some other Saints to pray for us from Heaven.

As you are well aware some of us on these forums believe the saints are already in Heaven, I believe the Saints and Born Again Christians who have passed away here on earth are already in Heaven.

If we look at the 2nd half of the "Hail Mary"

"Holy Mary Mother of God,

pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death
"

It's a request for Mary Mother of the Lord Jesus to pray for us.

That's not any better....Jesus is our High Priest making intercession for us and He is the One and only One.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps it has something to do with your own expectation of expecting knives to be thrown!

Not all Converted Christians favor man-made Doctrines OVER Jesus' Doctrines.

Glory to God,
Taken
Well, the knives have been thrown so I got that one right.

Protestantism is chalk full of man made doctrines so stop pretending kiddo

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic doctrine claims that you can pray to the saints and Mary and they act as intercessors to God, my question is there any scriptures that support this?
Revelation 5:8

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In other words, you have ZERO documentation for your bogus claim

That's what I thought . . .
No!! I have already done my research and found the information I was looking for. I have no interest In going backward and doing it all again. I am moving forward to study new stuff the interests me more. If you really want this information, then go and get it the same way I did.

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Josho-

Saints are Bodily dead and Bodily alive persons who's soul IS Saved and spirit quickened.
Saved souls and Quickened spirits of dead bodies are in Heaven.
Saved souls and Quickened spirits of living bodies are ON Earth.

Nowhere in Scripture do I find to pray TO Saints...perhaps you could reveal the Scripture you belief says that.

Also could you give a source for teaching, Body's of mankind are in Heaven?

Thank you,
Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Stan B

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do understand the prayer of petition and , I pray FOR people still living and have asked for prayer from others as well, but...those prayers that I ask for, I expect are directed directly to God in my prayer's behalf.
Yes, I do understand the difference between the same words having different meanings.
God Bless
Exactly.

When I ask somebody to pray for me - I also expect them to pray FOR me directly to God. I ask those in Heaven to do the same.
Remember - James said that the prayers oif a righteous person are very powerful (James 5:16). ONLY those in Heaven are truly righteous, having been made perfect in Christ (Rev. 21:27).

Reactions: Philip James

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way I see it, is Catholics ask Mary and some other Saints to pray for us from Heaven.

As you are well aware some of us on these forums believe the saints are already in Heaven, I believe the Saints and Born Again Christians who have passed away here on earth are already in Heaven.

If we look at the 2nd half of the "Hail Mary"

"Holy Mary Mother of God,

pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death
"

It's a request for Mary Mother of the Lord Jesus to pray for us.

You need to see it biblically rather than "the way you see it."

There is only one mediator, and it isn't Mary.

All believers are saints.

You should drop reading what father so and so says and read your Bible and stick with sound doctrine instead.

Reactions: LC627

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BreadOfLife
Exposing anti-Catholic lies online for 17 years . . .

It seems it would be BETTER to expose Scriptural Truths for 17 years, -- because sometimes people's religious doctrines replace GOD's TRUTH with LIES. So if we stay with the Scriptural Foundation, we remove the "middle-man" who just might have a different agenda than GOD.

... or maybe that's what you're so afraid of ...
Bobby Jo
Actually - Christ's Church is incapable of teacing error.
Time for a Bible lesson . . .

- The Church is the Body of Christ and He is the Head (1 Cor. 12:12-31, Eph. 4:3-6, Col. 1:8).
- Jesus is Truth itself (John 14:6).
- Jesus promised His Church that the Holy Spirit would guide her to ALL Truth (John 16:12-15).
- Jesus told the leaders of His Church that WHATEVER they bound or loosed on earth would ALSO be bound and loosed in Heaven (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, John 20:21-23).
- The Church is the Pillar and Foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15).
- The Church is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).
- Jesus identifies His very SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5).

Conclusion - if there is no error in Christ - there cannot be error in His Church, which is led by the Holy spirit and is the pillar and foundation of Truth.
How's that for Scriptural truth?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You need to see it biblically rather than "the way you see it."

There is only one mediator, and it isn't Mary.

All believers are saints.

You should drop reading what father so and so says and read your Bible and stick with sound doctrine instead.

What is your view on intercessors? Because many charismatic Christians also have intercessors, and these intercessors are called to pray for certain people.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually - Christ's Church is incapable of teacing error. ...

But you're following the CATHOLIC Church, or BAPTIST Church, or METHODIST Church, etc., etc., etc. And they ALL teach FALSE DOCTRINES. -- Scripture is the ONLY source for TRUE Doctrines, and MOST are not following it.

Bobby Jo

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
What is your view on intercessors? Because many charismatic Christians also have intercessors, and these intercessors are called to pray for certain people.
James 5.16 says, 'Pray for one another'; an intercessor is not a formal, one sided office.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No!! I have already done my research and found the information I was looking for. I have no interest In going backward and doing it all again. I am moving forward to study new stuff the interests me more. If you really want this information, then go and get it the same way I did.
TRANSLATION:
"I won't give you any documented evidence because it doesn't exist."

Like I said before - that's what I thought.
You should have learned by now...
No one is impressed what you think about your words you try to stuff in other people's mouths.
UGH
Ummmmm, it's called :"deductive reasoning."
He made a claim and couldn't back it up. I naturally deduced that since he he couldn't - he had no proof.

Judging by his impotent response above - I see that I was right . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.