1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Mature Spiritual Christians No Longer Need the Written Word?

Discussion in 'Christian Debate Forum' started by prism, Jun 17, 2019.

1. tzcho2

tzcho2 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Yah, unfortunately I doubt that will ever happen. o_O

Preacher4Truth likes this.
  2. tzcho2

tzcho2 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    That's too bad,because it was more then what I had ever hoped for before. ;)

3. Preacher4Truth

Preacher4Truth Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Same here. I hope it does though. Assuring a believer in a false Christ they are Christian is, well, frankly foolish.

You can tell them they are nice, kind, whatever -- no problem. But assuring them their soul is secure, it will be OK when Christ was very clear; John 8:24? Well, sorry, but Satan would applaud that.

4. tzcho2

tzcho2 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Lol! :)I'm not a Calvinist but I notice on this forum they seem to know their stuff!

5. tzcho2

tzcho2 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    It's worse then foolish, it is sending them to hell, it is why I try to stand up and take the flack for speaking the unpopular truth on these so called Christian forums. I'd rather be hated by men then face God's anger. Perhaps one person might stumble upon the post that turns on the Light.

prism and Preacher4Truth like this.
  6. Preacher4Truth

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    The fact remains you ARE ignorant of it. Your questions have been answered more than once, and thoroughly. You're talking out both sides of your mouth, saying you aren't ignorant, then asking how you can tell. That's being deceitful and disingenuous. You assure others, for instance, Jehovah's Witnesses are just another denomination. That's ignorance. You do the same with Mormons which shows more ignorance. Their "christ's" are not only false when compared to Scripture, but are even diametrically opposed to one another's false "christ's."

That's three different Christs, and only one is a true Person that saves.

Then you go on and assure them they are Christian. That is frankly foolish.

prism and tzcho2 like this.
  7. Preacher4Truth

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I agree, and I highly respect your stand in these days.

tzcho2 likes this.
  8. amadeus

amadeus Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Why is it you always speak from a presumed place of knowledge but never share that purported knowledge with those of us you accuse of ignorance? Also you make a habit of misquoting or otherwise misstating what someone else has said.

"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
    For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." Matt 12:36-37

9. aspen

aspen “"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Cultish? They don’t even have Catholicism listed! What kind of a cult podcast doesn’t have Catholics?!

"ByGrace" and Hisman like this.
  10. aspen

aspen “"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Hmm...maybe you might be defending all the jerks?

"ByGrace" and Hisman like this.
  11. tzcho2

tzcho2 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Yah....:rolleyes: "idle" lol! good description but I wouldn't use it for @ Preacher4Truth 's posts.

12. tzcho2

tzcho2 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Nope, the opposite, I'm defending the Truth of the Word of God, standing for sound doctrines from the corruption of false teachings, heresy, and fables....
    The time of 2Timothy 4 is here.
    Titus 1:9–2:1, “He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it…But as for you, teach what accords with sound doctrine.”
    2 Timothy 4:3“For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear”

prism likes this.
  13. Jane_Doe22

Jane_Doe22 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    We aren't saved by our ability to pass a theology test. We are saved by our love of Christ, not our detailed knowledge of Him.

I'm a person who's visited and studied MANY different faiths, Christian and non. Amoung those that proclaim Christ, I have rejoiced with those brother and sisters in our Lord. Obiovusly I haven't agreed with them on the details of Christ-- you have Calvinists, Arminisms, modalists, trinitarians, Sebellians, JW, functional-unitarians, etc -- by studying many I've learned many different viewpoints. Some of these viewpoints I PASSIONATELY disagree with and find to be downright despicable. But such a proclaimer is still my bother in Christ-- his ideas don't disqualify that love and devotion to Christ.

Hisman and amadeus like this.
  14. prism

prism Blood-Soaked

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    How much love of ours do we need for salvation? I thought we were saved by HIS love for us. See how important true doctrine is?
    Your 'sincere' statement turned God's free gift of salvation dependent on our works.

15. Jane_Doe22

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I do believe that a person needs to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior in order to be saved.

if you are person whom believe that a person goes to Heaven while proclaiming "I hate Christ- He is nothing, I'm the lord of my life- &%@# Christ!", then I acknowledge your belief in that regard, even as we disagree on that point.

16. prism

prism Blood-Soaked

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    You missed my point. You originally said, " We are saved by our love of Christ,".
    My point is that our love for Him does not save us but it is His love for us through His dying for our sins that saves us, otherwise we turn the grace of God dependent on our works. This isn't nit picking either, it goes to the heart of the Gospel.

17. Jane_Doe22

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I'm not arguing with you about the importance of Christ's sacrifice on the cross being the power that saves us-- in fact word's can't express how much I AGREE with that point!!!

I just also believe that a person accept Christ and His gift.

18. prism

prism Blood-Soaked

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Yes we accept Christ and His gift but it is important that it is all based on His love for us and not vice-versa.

1 John 4:19 (KJV) We love him, because he first loved us.

19. Jane_Doe22

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Totally, no argument there.

20. prism

prism Blood-Soaked

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    OK, so you would no longer agree with this statement of yours?
    "We are saved by our love of Christ, ..."