Mature Spiritual Christians No Longer Need the Written Word?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those of you who have bought into that crazy notion, can you please describe what is going on in Revelation 6 without looking at it?

"Why can't I look at it?"

"Why?, you said you no longer need the written Word."

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those of you who have bought in that crazy notion, can you please describe what is going on in Revelation 6 without looking at it?

Good one!

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Love it.

There is also the little matter of R3:
27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith. 28 For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law. 29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, 30 since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. 31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

How can anyone uphold what they don't know.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love it.

There is also the little matter of R3:
27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith. 28 For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law. 29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, 30 since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. 31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

How can anyone uphold what they don't know.
Much of the time we are trying to uphold things we actually DON'T know anyway.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those of you who have bought in that crazy notion, can you please describe what is going on in Revelation 6 without looking at it?

I haven't heard anyone saying the written word is no longer needed...

Are you speaking of people you have claimed saying this?
Or is this a teaching of some particular domination?

Thanks,
Glory to God,
Taken

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lol, excellent!

These people are out on a limb, but they sure are spiritual giants. I'd say ask them and they'll tell you, but they're already telling us without having to ask! They would know nothing without the revealed God and truth via the word.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't heard anyone saying the written word is no longer needed...

Are you speaking of people you have claimed saying this?
Or is this a teaching of some particular domination?

Thanks,
Glory to God,
Taken
there are some here(I won't name names) who belittle God's written words by saying things like it is only for the immature or babes.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there are some here(I won't name names) who belittle God's written words by saying things like it is only for the immature or babes.

I get that, Okay, thanks.

Glory to God,
Taken

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Much of the time we are trying to uphold things we actually DON'T know anyway.

75% of Revelation, if not more...is still a mystery to me.
Much preaching on it..and many sounding wise on it...but only God will reveal it's full meaning when we get there. ( although I have heard many say that it has already all been fulfilled! )

I don't pretend to have any answers to its means. I'll leave that to the wise.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

That's a new one to me, never heard that one before.

Maybe they meant that 'back then' when they were babes, they hadn't had time to commit great chunks of scriptures to memory. That can only come with time.

Just a thought.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
75% of Revelation, if not more...is still a mystery to me.
Much preaching on it..and many sounding wise on it...but only God will reveal it's full meaning when we get there. ( although I have heard many say that it has already all been fulfilled! )

I don't pretend to have any answers to its means. I'll leave that to the wise.

Jesus directly or indirectly by His own appointing of Teachers/Disciples/Apostles....
Came to REVEAL mysteries, which are simply things that had been KEPT Secret.

All of Jesus' Parables, reveal Mysteries that had been Kept Secret.

Paul reveals Mysteries that had been Kept Secret. (1 Cor 15:51)

OT men had to PHYSICALLY DIE, before receiving Salvation.

NT men were OFFERED a WAY, to receive Salvation, BEFORE Experiencing PHYSICAL Death. <--- THAT WAS a hidden Secret to OT men, A mystery Revealed, Made possible By the Offering of Jesus' BODY, revealed to us BY Christ, forward to Paul, forward to men.
Some choose to Accept the Offering, Some do not.

The word MYSTERY, invokes, something unknown....But there are many things that WERE MYSTERIES (unknown) to OT men, that you Already KNOW, which is revealed by your own claims of the things Christ Jesus revealed, and you have Participated in, ie being converted IN Christ, Saved without experiencing PHYSICAL DEATH, etc.

Glory to God,
Taken

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your test proves nothing, except perhaps that you mean to set a trap.

But if you think that the End of all that is written is not spirit, as God is spirit...then you are simply under great misunderstanding: The promise of God is that what is written will at some point no longer be written on tablets, but be written in the heart, in spirit.

Why do you hinder what God has promised?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a new one to me, never heard that one before.

Maybe they meant that 'back then' when they were babes, they hadn't had time to commit great chunks of scriptures to memory. That can only come with time.

Just a thought.
No. Surely he is referring to Paul who called the basic principles of Christ and salvation "elementary." :rolleyes:

Reactions: Helen

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your test proves nothing, except perhaps that you mean to set a trap.

But if you think that the End of all that is written is not spirit, as God is spirit...then you are simply under great misunderstanding: The promise of God is that what is written will at some point no longer be written on tablets, but be written in the heart, in spirit.

Why do you hinder what God has promised?
Typical personal attack. Try sticking to the topic. Or are you saying you no longer need God's Word for your growth?

2 Peter 3:18 (KJV) But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Surely he is referring to Paul who called the basic principles of Christ and salvation "elementary." :rolleyes:
Surely? I guess we are to assume what each other meant on this Forum, (even if it is not in type) just like some expect to know what God's intentions are without reading or hearing what He has written.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Typical personal attack. Try sticking to the topic. Or are you saying you no longer need God's Word for your growth?

2 Peter 3:18 (KJV) But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
It was you who attacked. I just called you out on it.

That is the topic. Why would you say it's not? What's your problem?

I am saying you are hindering God's spiritual plans.

Reactions: Episkopos

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was you who attacked. I just called you out on it.

That is the topic. Why would you say it's not? What's your problem?

I am saying you are hindering God's spiritual plans.
I never attacked you. I never knew you. Please stick to the topic.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Surely? I guess we are to assume what each other meant on this Forum, (even if it is not in type) just like some expect to know what God's intentions are without reading or hearing what He has written.
So, are you saying it is okay for Paul to press on leaving behind the elementary principles of Christ toward the higher spiritual calling and perfection of God, but not for anyone else?

Maybe you better explain yourself.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never attacked you. I never knew you. Please stick to the topic.
You attacked those who would put the written word in its proper place before God--which is the topic according to the original post, and I defended them because what you have said is against God.

Reactions: Episkopos

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, are you saying it is okay for Paul to press on leaving behind the elementary principles of Christ toward the higher spiritual calling and perfection of God, but not for anyone else?

Maybe you better explain yourself.
Paul was referring to elementary principles found in the Word, not the Scriptures themselves.

Here Paul asks to bring the Scriptures...
2 Timothy 4:13 (KJV) The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments.