Miracles in an instant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Do you think God can perform miracles in an instant or suddenly, and the reason He doesn't is for you to trust Him more?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you think God can perform miracles in an instant or suddenly, and the reason He doesn't is for you to trust Him more?

I’m not sure about that one.

I have had “instant” amazing healings in my life....it was no great faith on my part ....because I was quite shocked when they happened so suddenly.
I have also had many slow healings which took endurance in “believing against” that which appeared to be.
Yet I have no idea why God chooses to do things differently ....He just does.
His ways are past finding out!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe with God nothing is impossible....I don't believe the reason He doesn't perform them instantly is to make us trust Him more....how would that make someone trust Him more...I would think it would cause them to lose trust. But everyone is different in how they trust Him.

B

brakelite

God sees stuff we don't. The miracles we sometimes ask for and expect may result in situations or thinking that may be detrimental to our future, even our eternal future. But of course for those who have a OSAS mindset won't agree with that.
I believe with God nothing is impossible....I don't believe the reason He doesn't perform them instantly is to make us trust Him more....how would that make someone trust Him more...I would think it would cause them to lose trust. But everyone is different in how they trust Him.
As a parent do you give your children everything they ask for straight away, and if not, why?

Reactions: Nancy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God sees stuff we don't. The miracles we sometimes ask for and expect may result in situations or thinking that may be detrimental to our future, even our eternal future. But of course for those who have a OSAS mindset won't agree with that.

As a parent do you give your children everything they ask for straight away, and if not, why?
No and mostly because it isn't in the budget. if they want it they have to work for it.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A more relevent question is why should God perform miracles for us?

Because there are some things that only He can do....and it builds our faith and gives us a testimony that we can share to glorify Him. Oh and unbelievers will believe.

B

brakelite

A more relevent question is why should God perform miracles for us?
Because he loves us and delights to provide for our needs, in particular that things that are beyond our own ability to gain for ourselves. That said, I don't believe He brings healng to us if we are addicted to eating stuff that is detrimental to our health, and we refuse to avail ourselves of the power to overcome that addiction before seeking breaking from the effects.
No and mostly because it isn't in the budget. if they want it they have to work for it.
Yep. Raised 6 kids on a single income. So I get that for sure. But even if you had unlimited funds, would you not be wise in your gifts, knowing that not all are either needful or for their ultimate good? God never gives anything that would hurt us, nor withhold anything for our good, but like children, in the heat of the moment we often fail to understand the difference. Which is why we pray, your will not mine.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He does perform miracles in an instant when He speaks. The biggest miracle of all is God’s creation of a people to judge in righteousness with Him. Which would be easier...to stop a moment and intervene? Or to align millions of people and their interactions in every moment of their path for all of time: for the good of those that love Him and are called according to His purpose?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because he loves us and delights to provide for our needs, in particular that things that are beyond our own ability to gain for ourselves. That said, I don't believe He brings healng to us if we are addicted to eating stuff that is detrimental to our health, and we refuse to avail ourselves of the power to overcome that addiction before seeking breaking from the effects.

Yep. Raised 6 kids on a single income. So I get that for sure. But even if you had unlimited funds, would you not be wise in your gifts, knowing that not all are either needful or for their ultimate good? God never gives anything that would hurt us, nor withhold anything for our good, but like children, in the heat of the moment we often fail to understand the difference. Which is why we pray, your will not mine.
Honestly I grew up so poor and never had anything so I would probably give in....but it has to be something that isn't associated with new age stuff and cult and stuff like that...I did buy my granddaughter (she lives with me) a phone and I regret it because she is addicted to it. But God is a much better parent than I am....I have guilt issues about not giving my kids what they ask for.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you gave your daughter what she asked for and you now see that it has not been good for her.
But God sees beforehand and He is always giving what is best for us, a yes or a no.

faith is like a muscle. It only grows when pressure is put against it. Muscles grow by being exercised and so does faith. so if you were instantly given all you ask for, where is the pressure that will exercise and grow your trust?

does your daughter say: I know my mom loves me and cares about me because she always instantly gives me what I ask for? and what do other people say about children who always get everything they want? Don't they say the children are spoiled and it is the fault of the parent?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you gave your daughter what she asked for and you now see that it has not been good for her.
But God sees beforehand and He is always giving what is best for us, a yes or a no.

faith is like a muscle. It only grows when pressure is put against it. Muscles grow by being exercised and so does faith. so if you were instantly given all you ask for, where is the pressure that will exercise and grow your trust?

does your daughter say: I know my mom loves me and cares about me because she always instantly gives me what I ask for? and what do other people say about children who always get everything they want? Don't they say the children are spoiled and it is the fault of the parent?

Oh I totally admit I am not the best at parenting when it comes to giving them what they want....and when I do put my foot down and say no it breaks their heart and then I feel like a horrible person. In my mind the only reason I said no was to not spoil her...well that just isn't a very good reason....she earns it by being respectful and obedient and she does her chores all the time....so I dunno….

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think that to have a reason of not spoiling her is not a good enough reason to say no to something? If it would break her heart to not receive a phone, to me that shows her heart is happy or broken over earthly possessions or the lack thereof. And we know that's a problem. But we also know we can't force someone else to give up the world and it's things. And she is young, so she hasn't yet learned that what the whole world clamors over and desires are just empty delusions and temporary things that will burn in fire one day. I do not wish i had your job. Parenting is probably much more easy before you meet God and start on the way than after you meet Him...

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He is our Father, and like a good Father He takes care of His children. Our Father can do anything He pleases. He will heal you every time, except the last time.
Jesus said "in my fathers," so the father is filling His house. This world is not our home and we will be in the fathers house with Him forever.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is God's plan? If we are in it perfectly will not each thing be done precisely according to it? Is God ever late or early? If anyone is ever late or early is it not you or me? So then when is it time? When is it God's time?

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecc 3:1

Last edited:
Reactions: brakelite and Nancy

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you believe, ask, you receive. That is how it has been for me personally since 1974 or 75...Instantly or in a week makes no difference...it happens both ways.

Represented in this funny little story: When I ask or tell my financial guy to "sell". It is done. I smile and maybe imagine using the new $5000, happily.
But, do I have the $5000 in my hands instantly ...no. But, it is mine...it is a done deal.:)

The Stock Exchange has to sell, collect, wire it to my guy, he has to call me to come pick up the check and I have to deposit it or cash it before the bills are actually in my hands.

But, it was mine the minute I said, "sell". This one of the secrets of so called miracles.

Doubt is the block to receiving and accepting the $5000...represented in no gas in the car to
go pick it up.
More than doubt, is the belief subconsciously you do not deserve the $5k, you've been bad and God is punishing you ....that's the car not even turning over!

When there are no blocks it usually takes less that 24 hrs to have what I have needed manifest.
My friends can't figure it out they just watch these things.
Big and small...all seemingly impossible.

God's Will is for us to be abundant ....in health and every happiness and success...no matter what walk of life we are in as reflected in Jesus' 3 yr mission.
Why, we could be someone's servant and someone can ask for us! (Intercessory prayer)

Did I EVER lose faith that God was going to take care of my mortgage somehow?
Never for a second...and in 2 years someone gave me $100,000 to pay it off.
I never complained, I never expressed worry; I had none...I just said I was going to sell and move.
I saw on the news some trouble in Syria ...I knew times were a'changing .
God laid it on a friend's heart to pay off my mortgage ...no strings...I could still move if I wanted.(It wasn't a bribe to keep me here, lol)

Did it happen overnight? No, but I knew the entire time, smiling, it would be taken care of.
2 years of no doubt what so ever. 100% knowing...why? Cuz Jesus said so....and that is the Formula we were given as to how creation works.
Believe and receive....know you have what you have asked of him. 1 John 5:14-15

It's a wonderful thing...you either believe Jesus or you don't.
There's really no gray area regarding miracles.

If I say, decree, ask I need something no later than Thurs -it always happens before Thurs.

I wish I could pass on my faith ... I can only tell some stories to inspire people.
On forums I then get challenged, called arrogant...I call it fearlessness and bold...
and rock solid knowing the Formula and the Mind and Heart of my Dad.
He doesn't respond to begging...He responds to love and confident faith in Him.
My experience.

Sorry if I digressed...healing and receiving is one of my favorite topics. :)

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Because there are some things that only He can do....and it builds our faith and gives us a testimony that we can share to glorify Him. Oh and unbelievers will believe.

A lovely sentiment and totally unbiblical.

We belief because it is true, not because of a miracle and we all have a testimony of Gods grace that the ungodly do not understandor want to understand.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"A more relevent question is why should God perform miracles for us?"
"Because he loves us and delights to provide for our needs, in particular that things that are beyond our own ability to gain for ourselves."

God already provides for us. We cannot expect God to intervien in our lives.
That some people can testify that he has is an act of grace on Gods part.

We forget about the many, many Christians who live in real poverty, dyieing of starvation or as aresult of brutal treatment. They pray for help relief as we should be praying on their behalf.

Who deserves a miraculus intervention?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"A more relevent question is why should God perform miracles for us?"
"Because he loves us and delights to provide for our needs, in particular that things that are beyond our own ability to gain for ourselves."

God already provides for us. We cannot expect God to intervien in our lives.
That some people can testify that he has is an act of grace on Gods part.

We forget about the many, many Christians who live in real poverty, dyieing of starvation or as aresult of brutal treatment. They pray for help relief as we should be praying on their behalf.

Who deserves a miraculus intervention?

Yes God has provided for us. Why does that mean we cannot expect or ask God to intervene in our lives? Seems to me it means just the opposite. We should expect it and ask for it.

No Christian deserves a miracle, but sometimes we need it.

Stranger