Mission Work

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

calbhach

Feb 16, 2011
Hey guys! I just wanted to ask you guys for some prayers. Lately, I feel as though God is pulling me towards mission work. I don't feel comfortable with it at all, but I believe that the way God plans to use me. Take me out of my comfortable zone. XD Anyhow, lots of prayer would be greatly appreciated! I'm not sure where the mission work would be or anything, but I have a distinct feeling that it's going to be towards mission work inside the US. And as I was praying this morning, I had the feeling that God was telling me to be part of a relief effort or something.

Anyway, I'll know in due time. ^__^ Thanks a ton, guys!

martinlawrencescott

Servant Prince
Apr 6, 2011
Ventura, California
Hey guys! I just wanted to ask you guys for some prayers. Lately, I feel as though God is pulling me towards mission work. I don't feel comfortable with it at all, but I believe that the way God plans to use me. Take me out of my comfortable zone. XD Anyhow, lots of prayer would be greatly appreciated! I'm not sure where the mission work would be or anything, but I have a distinct feeling that it's going to be towards mission work inside the US. And as I was praying this morning, I had the feeling that God was telling me to be part of a relief effort or something.

Hey there,

I know there is no greater or deeper feeling than being exactly where God wants us to be, so I know you'll carry His peace with you no matter how discomforting it can be sometimes. The reward will be so much greater. I pray God would open your imagination to the brokenness prepared just for a time as this. We need healing and we need light to show us how loving, just, and holy God is. Dear God, I pray your heart would continue to prepare calbhach for the work of ministering to the needy. We need help here desparately, and if you would like any idea of what you can expect, let us know as soon as you have an idea what part of the U.S. you feel called to go to. It's a big place and the spiritual and church dynamics can differ depending on where in the country you go.

I remember when I went to YWAM (Youth With A Mission). It is a program meant to train people (mostly young) about missions and developing Christ-like servant-leadership no matter where God places us in His vision. In the middle of the teaching phase of the school I had completely forgotten it was a missions oriented school. I was so caught up in drawing close to God in quiet times and getting to know really cool people. I had never been around so many young people my age with hearts after God. Even though I was in a missions oriented program, it for whatever reason never entered my mind that I would actually be called to missions. (I feel called to Colombia in South America; that I need to go with the language and a trade. Right now I am working on the trade.)

I don't know about your home dynamics, but I pray that you would be surrounded by believers who lift you up and that in the right timing you will receive the financial and prayer support you need and the encouragement to push you forward and to keep your aim on Christ's love. Dear God, I pray protection from discouragement, confusion, and idleness. I pray you would start receiving cool resources to get you pumped about the mission God has for you.

As your brother in Christ, thank you for being open to God's leading. I hope you'll only be encouraged to continue in what light you've been given.

In Jesus name amen!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well spoken Mr Scott! And will pray to those ends also in the name of Jesus!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A lot of eternal significance is such endeavors! Gods blessings!