• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The blood of Jesus sanctifies us (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7) so that we will be inclined to obey His commandments.

The person I was responding to said by the blood you go to heaven.

Did I say the blood doesn’t sanctify?

I did not.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The born again are the blood bought adopted.
Paul says he is a bond-slave to Christ.........which means "under new ownership".
The spiritual and eternal reality is that we are "bought with a price" and that price is God's Blood.
The Good News is that this adoption creates us as "heirs of God", and "joint heirs with Christ".
What does this mean?
It means that all of God's "riches in Glory", which is God Himself as a Deity, is ours....it belongs to us because we belong to Him.
Daddy's KINGDOM< is ours.
Everything that God has and everything that God IS : = ours, if we are born again.
We have FULL ACCESS to All of God, at all timee, or as we are told..>"come boldly unto the Throne of Grace"..
That is an "open door policy" that lasts for eternity.

God's blood, has made us at peace with God at all times. This is why we can enter in, at all times.
It is not actually God's (the Father's) blood. It was Christ's blood, his Son, that bled on the cross.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Holy living is not produced by the Cross.
Righteousness is produced by the Cross.
The Christ in the born again, bears fruit through them, and this is all His fruit. Its not actually the person's.
Its The fruit of Christ, that is working through the person.
THis is why Paul said..>"its is not I who live, but Christ who lives in me, and the LIFE I LIVE">>
Got that part?
The LIFE I LIVE...........Paul is explaining that its Christ's LIFE, and not HIMSELF.

You, justbyfaith, need to question why you are on a Christian forum, teaching your carnal idea of self saving Legalsim, which is to teach that your good deeds prove what you think, means you are right with God.
But you are not right with God, in your Theology, even if you are born again.
All your theology does is point to YOURSELF.
You are full of YOURSELF, ... you are the justbyfaith who is saving himself, and trying to get everyone else up there on that self righteous cross that you hung yourself on long ago.

Now, take your time, and post more legalism, by pasting 120 more verse you dont understand.
See you there.
Sounds like a James vs. Paul argument, but both were correct. Salvation is by faith, but faith without works is dead. Usually fruit trees produce fruit and I'm pretty sure that it's not by the effort of the tree. Don't get pruned if you can avoid it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The person I was responding to said by the blood you go to heaven.

Did I say the blood doesn’t sanctify?

I did not.

I most certainly was not coming against you in my statement, friend.

I was, actually, substantiating your statement by showing how it coincides with the fact that we are saved by the blood of Jesus.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Saint,

the way our carnal nature wants to interpret the "gift of salvation", is...

if we do good, we get good.
if we live right, we are accepted by God.
if we perform perfectly, we are going to heaven.
do good get good......do bad get bad.

So, see all that?
That is performance based Legalsim.
That is SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS.
"Self Righteousness", IS.....trying to make your own self.....right with God.
So, do you see how that fails, 100%?

We the born again will go to heaven, based not on ourselves, but based on the blood of Jesus.
Our justification, our sanctification, our redemption....our eternal acceptance by God, is only based on the Blood of Jesus.
Every person who is in Hell and every person who will end up there, have not come into contact with the Blood of Jesus.
And no, this isn't "holy communion"...
Im talking about REGENERATION from the fallen nature., and you can't get that in a CUP or from of Juice or a Cookie, or by WATER.
Believe it.

Do you want to go to Heaven? Then you have to be BORN AGAIN, and that takes God's Power and you dont find that in a cup, or in a water baptism.
You only find that IN The Holy Spirit.

All the born again have, and this is why all the born again are already with God, "in Christ" = and that is Eternal Life.
To come into contact with the blood of Jesus, means you are born again into spiritual UNION with God and Christ, which is Eternal Life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets now do a quick overview of Salvation.. as its always good to be strong and sound in the fundamental of the Faith.
its a necessity that all true believers live in this verse.... Hebrews 13:9

Saint...For us to be accepted by God, we have to be as righteous as God, Himself.
It is impossible for us to be righteous, of ourselves, as we are all already fallen... we have already sinned.
So, God came to earth, as a man, lived a Holy life, died sinless, and this life, this righteous Life that Jesus Lived, is become our righteousness if we are born again... and our sin became Him when He was on The Cross.
Jesus is our sin bearer, who knew no sin, yet died for the sin of the entire world.
Our sin has been purged, it has been washed away by the Blood of Jesus.
Its as if we have never sinned.
That is God's perspective of all the born again.
Understand that God always sees the born again "under Grace", and "IN Christ".

Listen, hell is full of people who went there the last 2000 yrs, who were living a good life.
They were dedicated church members, gave to the poor, were responsible honest hardworking people.
They are in hell now.
Why?
Because Jesus said....>"you must be born again", and they were not.
"depart from me i never KNEW YOU", is only applicable to those who Jesus has never LIVED INSIDE< and they were never "ONE with God and Christ", and were never "In Christ".
So, that is ALL who were not born again, without exception , who died.

IN order to stay out of Hell, in order to not be this person... John 3:36 You must BECOME the "righteousness of God, in Christ" to be allowed INTO the Family of God.
If you are born again, then you are already IN the Family of God. If you are not born again, you are "Depart from ME< i never knew you" = you were never born again, and Jesus said .. YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN... and He is not kidding, reader.

To become the "righteousness of GOD....IN Christ", is to be born again, is to have received "The GIFT of Righteousness".
The born again are "MADE Righteous" by the "Gift of Righteousness" that was obtained by Jesus's finished work on the Cross and is imputed, is charged to them, is BECOME the Born again.
The part of you, the Spiritual part of you that is born again, is the righteousness of God....its your Spirit become a "new Creation", made in the "image of Him"....who is God.
THAT, is where your born again Righteousness comes from...and without it, you are John 3:36.

And God said that "The Finished work of Jesus on the Cross" is the WORK that He accepts, which is why He asks you for your FAITH.
John 6:29
Did you ever think about that verse? Have you ever read that verse?
Its a biggie.
See....God does not ask you for your holy living to save you or keep you saved, because, you are not holy of yourself.
You are RUINED, Spiritually RUINED, cursed, and so """ you must be born again""
So, God accepts Jesus's Holy Life and Sacrifice, on your behalf.... in your place.
Its a substitution, a spiritual substitution, whereby Jesus became your sin on The Cross, and you have become "the righteousness of God, in Christ"......if you are born again.
This is why God asks you for your FAITH<... as He already has the Finished Work of Jesus on the Cross.
So, do you see?
You give your faith in Christ to God... and God gives you the finished work of Jesus on the Cross as your REDEMPTION.....as your BLOOD ATONEMENT....as your "Gift of Salvation".

Welcome to the Grace of God.
It's far more subtle. The legalism that prevails is that of having the 'right' theology.....all the explanations with t's crossed and i's dotted.....it goes under the radar in the awareness of most yet the rightness with which it is paraded is testimony to a works based salvation.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I apologize if I am off topic, but I have a question that you may or may not want to answer. :)

Is the carnal nature the same thing as the Human Nature? As I see the Bible, there are three Natures: The Sinful Nature, the Divine Nature and the Human Nature. The Human Nature is that of a Servant. It serves whatever comes along, thus with the Sinful Nature, we will serve that Nature, but with the Divine Nature, our Human Nature will serve that New Nature, thus allowing us to escape the corruption of the world.

It's an interesting thing to discuss (which I have never had with anyone). Again, sorry if this is intruding on your topic.

Last edited:

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Behold what do you make of the verse Hebrews 12:14
I often hear those who view themselves as "holier than thou" cite Hebrews 12:14 to teach that if you are not "holy enough" (practically speaking) then you will not see the Lord/will not be saved. Hebrews 12:14 - Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord. The NASB reads - Pursue peace with all men, and the sanctification without which no one will see the Lord.

To be "sanctified" is to be "set apart, made holy." Without justification, there is no sanctification. Those who have been justified by faith are also sanctified/set apart/made holy before God positionally in Christ. 1 Corinthians 6:11 - Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saint,

if we do good, we get good.
if we live right, we are accepted by God.
if we perform perfectly, we are going to heaven.
do good get good......do bad get bad.

So, see all that?
That is performance based Legalsim.
That is SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS.
"Self Righteousness", IS.....trying to make your own self.....right with God.
So, do you see how that fails, 100%?

We the born again will go to heaven, based not on ourselves, but based on the blood of Jesus.
Our justification, our sanctification, our redemption....our eternal acceptance by God, is only based on the Blood of Jesus.
Every person who is in Hell and every person who will end up there, have not come into contact with the Blood of Jesus.
And no, this isn't "holy communion"...
Im talking about REGENERATION from the fallen nature., and you can't get that in a CUP or from of Juice or a Cookie, or by WATER.
Believe it.

Do you want to go to Heaven? Then you have to be BORN AGAIN, and that takes God's Power and you dont find that in a cup, or in a water baptism.
You only find that IN The Holy Spirit.

All the born again have, and this is why all the born again are already with God, "in Christ" = and that is Eternal Life.
To come into contact with the blood of Jesus, means you are born again into spiritual UNION with God and Christ, which is Eternal Life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets now do a quick overview of Salvation.. as its always good to be strong and sound in the fundamental of the Faith.
its a necessity that all true believers live in this verse.... Hebrews 13:9

Saint...For us to be accepted by God, we have to be as righteous as God, Himself.
It is impossible for us to be righteous, of ourselves, as we are all already fallen... we have already sinned.
So, God came to earth, as a man, lived a Holy life, died sinless, and this life, this righteous Life that Jesus Lived, is become our righteousness if we are born again... and our sin became Him when He was on The Cross.
Jesus is our sin bearer, who knew no sin, yet died for the sin of the entire world.
Our sin has been purged, it has been washed away by the Blood of Jesus.
Its as if we have never sinned.
That is God's perspective of all the born again.
Understand that God always sees the born again "under Grace", and "IN Christ".

Listen, hell is full of people who went there the last 2000 yrs, who were living a good life.
They were dedicated church members, gave to the poor, were responsible honest hardworking people.
They are in hell now.
Why?
Because Jesus said....>"you must be born again", and they were not.
"depart from me i never KNEW YOU", is only applicable to those who Jesus has never LIVED INSIDE< and they were never "ONE with God and Christ", and were never "In Christ".
So, that is ALL who were not born again, without exception , who died.

IN order to stay out of Hell, in order to not be this person... John 3:36 You must BECOME the "righteousness of God, in Christ" to be allowed INTO the Family of God.
If you are born again, then you are already IN the Family of God. If you are not born again, you are "Depart from ME< i never knew you" = you were never born again, and Jesus said .. YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN... and He is not kidding, reader.

To become the "righteousness of GOD....IN Christ", is to be born again, is to have received "The GIFT of Righteousness".
The born again are "MADE Righteous" by the "Gift of Righteousness" that was obtained by Jesus's finished work on the Cross and is imputed, is charged to them, is BECOME the Born again.
The part of you, the Spiritual part of you that is born again, is the righteousness of God....its your Spirit become a "new Creation", made in the "image of Him"....who is God.
THAT, is where your born again Righteousness comes from...and without it, you are John 3:36.

And God said that "The Finished work of Jesus on the Cross" is the WORK that He accepts, which is why He asks you for your FAITH.
John 6:29
Did you ever think about that verse? Have you ever read that verse?
Its a biggie.
See....God does not ask you for your holy living to save you or keep you saved, because, you are not holy of yourself.
You are RUINED, Spiritually RUINED, cursed, and so """ you must be born again""
So, God accepts Jesus's Holy Life and Sacrifice, on your behalf.... in your place.
Its a substitution, a spiritual substitution, whereby Jesus became your sin on The Cross, and you have become "the righteousness of God, in Christ"......if you are born again.
This is why God asks you for your FAITH<... as He already has the Finished Work of Jesus on the Cross.
So, do you see?
You give your faith in Christ to God... and God gives you the finished work of Jesus on the Cross as your REDEMPTION.....as your BLOOD ATONEMENT....as your "Gift of Salvation".

Welcome to the Grace of God.
Hi,

I must have overlooked it in your post or maybe it just isn't there: What must I do to be born again?

Thank you in advance....Mary

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I often hear those who view themselves as "holier than thou" cite Hebrews 12:14 to teach that if you are not "holy enough" (practically speaking) then you will not see the Lord/will not be saved. Hebrews 12:14 - Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord. The NASB reads - Pursue peace with all men, and the sanctification without which no one will see the Lord.

To be "sanctified" is to be "set apart, made holy." Without justification, there is no sanctification. Those who have been justified by faith are also sanctified/set apart/made holy before God positionally in Christ. 1 Corinthians 6:11 - Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.
Sanctification is a practical thing (1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6).

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sanctification is a practical thing (1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6).
Progressive sanctification is (1 Thessalonians 4:3-4) but positional sanctification is not. (1 Corinthians 6:11) Even if we don’t reach sinless perfection/entire sanctification in a practical sense in this lifetime (which we won’t) we are still justified by faith in Christ. (Romans 5:1)

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Progressive sanctification is (1 Thessalonians 4:3-4) but positional sanctification is not. (1 Corinthians 6:11) Even if we don’t reach sinless perfection/entire sanctification in a practical sense in this lifetime (which we won’t) we are still justified by faith in Christ. (Romans 5:1)
ditto

Reactions: mailmandan

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such thing as "positional sanctification"

What you would call "positional sanctification" is none other than justification....and is identified as that in the Bible.

Saying that sanctification is positional is the devil's way of teaching that a person can be sanctified without really being sanctified.

When we read about sanctification in the Bible it is never talking about "positional sanctification"...

It is talking about "practical sanctification".

That is the bottom line.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose that there will always be the nay-sayers and mockers who will get bolder and bolder as the days get darker.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such thing as "positional sanctification"

What you would call "positional sanctification" is none other than justification....and is identified as that in the Bible.

Saying that sanctification is positional is the devil's way of teaching that a person can be sanctified without really being sanctified.

When we read about sanctification in the Bible it is never talking about "positional sanctification"...

It is talking about "practical sanctification".

That is the bottom line.
All you do is reject the truth and argue, argue, argue. :rolleyes:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour.
Hi JBF...I was asking behold their theory but since you have chimed in let's explore your theory!

Sooooo your theory is to be born again one must Receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour! However Christ said to Nicademous we have to be born of water and the Spirit sooooo what Jesus said and what you are saying is at odds with each other.

None the less....thank you for your time!

Reactions: ChristisGod