• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you just proved my point you are being unteachable, will not take any kind of friendly advice and or correction, no humility.

but hey proceed with your behavior and attitude looking down on others since that is the way you want it to be on the forum.

btw a brother takes correction and godly advice and doesn't despise it.

so why call me a brother when you do not mean it ?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm saying that you are my brother because you are attempting to take the speck out of your brother's eye when there is a beam in your own.

Why should I be taught by you when you are unwilling to be taught by me?

I will tell you what will convince me of anything that you believe...if your belief is backed by holy scripture; and if you show how your belief is backed by holy scripture, and if there is nothing in scripture that contradicts your pov, and that is shown because people of an opposing viewpoint have nothing else to say: then I will take your pov in any given situation where these things are the reality.

Therefore I am not unteachable. However, I will not believe things that people attempt to teach me if they are contrary to what is taught by holy scripture.

So yes, I am very adamant that I will not be deceived by the lies of the enemy; which is a far cry from being unteachable.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find that the devil often takes advantage of the fact that people will believe everything that they hear or read...

So, when someone is teaching correctly from God's word (or, running the country according to the Lord's will), he will get ready his accusers who will say all kinds of bad things about the ones whom he is seeking to take down.

Unfortunately, ad hominem, while it is a logical fallacy, is a very effective tool in the devil's hands.

He also likes to cause people who are both preaching the faithful gospel for the most part, to have a disagreement, so that they begin fighting in front of the unbelievers and thus they put a bad taste in their mouth as concerning all things Christian.

Paul wrote about this phenomenon.

Gal 5:15, But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

and,

1Co 1:10, Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

and,

Phl 4:2, I beseech Euodias (@justbyfaith), and beseech Syntyche (@Christophany, @Blood Bought 1953), that they be of the same mind in the Lord.
Phl 4:3, And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life.