mormons exposed.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, the topic is Mormonism....tell me what is your issue with it.

I am here...shoot

I have already discussed my issue with her in the previous thread. It is resolved in my mind; but I also do not believe that the mormon holy spirit is the true Holy Spirit since (in the story) it told Nephi to chop off someone's head.

@Jane_Doe22 answered this by pointing out that the God of the Bible also told people to kill "innocent" people (and I responded that no one is innocent; and that God also has the right to do that since He is Omniscient and loving and works everything out for everyone so that there is the best eternity possible).

I responded by showing forth that modern-day murderers can justify their crimes by saying that the mormon holy spirit told them to do it.

For I believe that God telling Saul to wipe out a nation that was the enemy of his nation, as him being king of his own nation of whom the Amalekites were the enemy, is different than "the holy spirit" telling an individual to chop off someone's head.

This to me is borderline blasphemy of the Holy Spirit; to say that the Holy Spirit would lead or guide someone to murder someone else. My understanding of the Holy Ghost is that He leads by love; and also He sheds abroad His love in the hearts of all those who receive Him.

Since the mormon holy spirit is a different spirit than the Holy Spirit of the Bible, why would I receive him?

It is clear that the Holy Bible warns against doing such a thing:

2Co 11:3, But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
2Co 11:4, For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taking a break from the computer for some devotional time...will return shortly.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is safe to guess that Jane did not drop everything to join the Mormon Church because you or anyone else online, told her to do so. Why would she leave the church because you told her to?

There is a lot of arrogance here, justforfaith.....
It is not your job to judge the doctrine she believes to be true
It is not your job to save her...

God will judge us all for the condition of the heart, how much we love one another.
The very fact that you seem to want Jane to submit to you
Throw down what she believes to be true, because of your message
You are relying on your timing, message, and ultimatum to strong arm her

These are the reasons people are calling you out
Don’t try to make it about doctrine, Satan or snowflakery

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith
I really did not want to get involved in this thread but your generalizations and lack of reasonable cause have done it. I have read all of your posts on this thread and not once have you told us what a Christian is, yet you insist that Mormons don't qualify. Not once have you told us what a Mormon is, or is not, that would disqualify them to be a Christian.

You insist that they, the Mormons, must openly admit to NOT being Christians when they believe that they are. This is not a reasonable expectation simply because you disagree with the official general theology of the Latter Day Saints [LDS/Mormons].

Then you put pressure on the forum to take a stand on the issue. They have clarified their a stand [which to me was already clear in their posted rules], which essentially is to keep their hands off unless someone violates a specific rule already in place. You want them to make a new rule to satisfy you? If you were to win this battle to have a new rule in place, what is it that you would have won? Should God then crown you with a special crown? Your efforts remind me of Saul/Paul before he met Jesus on the road to Damascus.

How important is that little word to anyone: Christian? How important is it to God? Do you really think that requiring Mormons to NOT use it as a label on this forum will help anyone anywhere? Do you really suppose that someone who sees that little word, Christian, displayed on behalf of someone who actual is a member of the LDS [even assuming that the Mormons had not one valid belief... (which I do not assume)] could or would cause someone to miss his Way with God? Is God so weak and blind as to not recognize and properly lead those who are to be His own? So again, whom are you helping with your general attack here? Could not your efforts be better applied to on God's behalf?

Well you have stirred the waters and received attention, but consider well who was edified by it.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think of me as a jerk because I exposed you as a false teacher. You still can't even confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh (a Man sitting on the right hand of the throne of the Lord). Therefore you have failed the test of 1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7.

The fact that others are ganging up on me and perhaps also calling me a jerk only reveals the fact that they are also sympathetic to mormonism: their religious affiliation causes them to act as my enemies because I am fighting against what they believe in; and of course if you can take out the messenger as having bad fruit you can destroy his message.
Again you lie about me and give a false witness against written testimony. That's what makes a jerk.

Reactions: Willie T

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t try to make it about doctrine

It is very much about doctrine; this is what I have been saying from the beginning.

1Ti 4:16, Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

The above verse teaches us that doctrine us important.

Again you lie about me

What exactly are you saying is my lie? I have not lied about you at all; but accusing me of lying is the only defense that you have concerning the exposing that I have done concerning your false doctrine.

If it is not true what I have said of you, then declare it: that you really do, in all reality, believe that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh (that He is a Man sitting on the right hand of the throne of the Lord).

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe you can make comparisons between Protestant and LDS doctrine without attacking

Reactions: amadeus

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact is, you guys are not good at determining whose doctrine is Christian and whose isn’t - you question LDS and have no issue with SDA? You attack Catholicism and have no issue with Oneness Pentecostalism?

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact is, you guys are not good at determining whose Doctrine is Christian and whose isn’t - you question LDS and have to issue with SDA? You attack Catholicism and have no issue with Oneness Pentecostalism?

In Oneness Pentecostalism, the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to those who are initiated into the faith the way that they prescribe it.

My only issue with Catholicism is that it is written in 1 Timothy 2:5 that there is one God even one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. Not Mary or the saints.

I hold to the doctrines of the Bible as I understand them. Adding three or more books that change our understanding of the Bible just does not fly with me: I will go with the faith that was once delivered to all the saints, Jude 1:3.

Last edited: