My Heart Hurts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My heart hurts...from the circumcision. It's been more than a year since it was completed and due to my lack of experience regarding this, I don't know how long the healing process is. Thank you. :eek:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My heart hurts...from the circumcision. It's been more than a year since it was completed and due to my lack of experience regarding this, I don't know how long the healing process is. Thank you. :eek:
Here they were sore on the 3rd day:

"And unto Hamor and unto Shechem his son hearkened all that went out of the gate of his city; and every male was circumcised, all that went out of the gate of his city.
And it came to pass on the third day, when they were sore, that two of the sons of Jacob, Simeon and Levi, Dinah's brethren, took each man his sword, and came upon the city boldly, and slew all the males." Gen 34:24-25

How would that translate in spiritual soreness and time?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here they were sore on the 3rd day:

"And unto Hamor and unto Shechem his son hearkened all that went out of the gate of his city; and every male was circumcised, all that went out of the gate of his city.
And it came to pass on the third day, when they were sore, that two of the sons of Jacob, Simeon and Levi, Dinah's brethren, took each man his sword, and came upon the city boldly, and slew all the males." Gen 34:24-25

How would that translate in spiritual soreness and time?
I suspect the descendants of Nimrod were Nephilim.
I circumcised my heart: I crucified the carnal nature and expelled the enemy.
On the third day Messiah was resurrected in my heart as I rejoiced in my suffering.
I have my answer.
Thank you.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I suspect the descendants of Nimrod were Nephilim.
I circumcised my heart: I crucified the carnal nature and expelled the enemy.
On the third day Messiah was resurrected in my heart as I rejoiced in my suffering.
I have my answer.
Thank you.
Oh, from the OP I thought you meant...the other sort...

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Truman Ron Coates Anyway, if you re-read your OP as someone who didn't know, this is how it came across at first...
Circumcision of the heart...I know of no other way to say it. Deuteronomy 10:16
This shouldn't be a mystery to the body of Christ...is it?
Do you understand that the new covenant is the fulfillment of the prophetic foreshadowing of the old?
In the temple of Solomon, the priest would make the daily sacrifice.
Jesus said that in order to follow Him, one must deny self, take up their cross daily, and follow Him.
In other words, make the daily sacrifice.
In the old, it was an animal sacrifice, in the new, it is the animal, natural, or sinful nature, sacrifice.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Circumcision of the heart...I know of no other way to say it. Deuteronomy 10:16
This shouldn't be a mystery to the body of Christ...is it?
Do you understand that the new covenant is the fulfillment of the prophetic foreshadowing of the old?
In the temple of Solomon, the priest would make the daily sacrifice.
Jesus said that in order to follow Him, one must deny self, take up their cross daily, and follow Him.
In other words, make the daily sacrifice.
In the old, it was an animal sacrifice, in the new, it is the animal, natural, or sinful nature, sacrifice.
Good post, @Truman Ron Coates

Reactions: Truman