My Life Was Just a Loaf of Bread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
As a side note I still get frustrated in this life and angry and sometimes God sees my thoughts of desiring to Kill myself though I like the idea of living more for awhile.

There always times of ups and downs and you wake up pissed off… the only one I found to calm my soul is Jesus Christ, maybe he could be answer for you too.

Encouragement to read the Bible brother and stick with Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and then proceed to the letters if you desire may you find rest for your own soul in Him.

Take care @I.O.U
You assume I haven't read the Bible at length. That's always the case with believer's when they present their case.

Reactions: Wrangler

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello IOU,

Encouragement is something that should be sought as a good thing. Not something to get defensive about. I just desired to be encouraging, nothing more.

Love to you brother.

Reactions: Nancy

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
isn't that Jesus?
Shameful. No need to badger the poor man. He prays. To who? To Elohim. Who's that? Lord of Hosts. Isn't that ...

Just accept his answer. He is praying and encourage him to continue and join in, pray for him and ask what else you can do to help.

If you want to explore the relationship between who we pray to and anything else. Feel free to start another thread. It's free!

The poor guy is coming here for spiritual support and you want to give him a pop theological compliance quiz. Sheesh.

Reactions: LearningToLetGo

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born in the year 1973. I have had many years of reflection. I have found nothing that could explain this reality, and I find no comfort in the explanations humans find comfort in. God is no comfort. Therefore I agonize over what I really am in this reality that any God threw me in without warning. At my age life has lost is taste, it's texture, it's excitement. It's all become dull and a grind that can not be remedied by some sales person, or whatever. I don't want to say anymore.

I can't pretend to understand. But maybe I can be helpful.

I've only found real joy, meaning, and purpose in life through serving others. Being truly useful and making a difference to people's lives is the basis of my happiness.

We all have strengths and experiences that can speak in ways few others can. When your strengths and experiences intersect with people's needs, you have purpose.

You understand what its like to be tired of life. Others could really use that kind of empathy.

Getting involved with volunteer work and ministry not only gave me a sense of purpose and value--- I met a lot of truly likeminded people who love me that way too.

We aren't meant to only seek what we can get out of life all on our own. We were made to serve each other in a loving environment. Whether that be a family, church, or a volunteer place, or whatever---its what truly makes us happy and gives life meaning.

You do have a purpose on this earth. It's not too late to find meaning in life. It can happen at any age.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Shameful. No need to badger the poor man. He prays. To who? To Elohim. Who's that? Lord of Hosts. Isn't that ...

Just accept his answer. He is praying and encourage him to continue and join in, pray for him and ask what else you can do to help.

If you want to explore the relationship between who we pray to and anything else. Feel free to start another thread. It's free!

The poor guy is coming here for spiritual support and you want to give him a pop theological compliance quiz. Sheesh.
I don't see it as badgering but rather drawing IOU out.
Curiosity and enquiry is one avenue of getting to know another.....I think it's healthy. If of course one is not prepared to square up, to hide behind whatever, It'll be perceived as threatening.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too believe? No thankyou.

Do you place more faith in evil and its ability to ruin your life, than in Calvary and in what Jesus can do to turn your life around? Where is your faith, do you look at Jesus as a small God, unable to control the circumstances and situations and every detail of your life, He knows the vary numbers of the hairs of your head.

Turn to Him and serve Him, and nothing will enter your life unless He allow it, but the resistance that you will face, He will allow only to strengthen you. Will you spend time in prayer so that these things that weigh you down will be purged from your spirit. Why do you allow the details of life to overwhelm you when there is victory waiting for you. Come to the Lord, spend time with Him, and He will purge out all the dead branches.

When you walk, you will not walk alone. Know His name is a holy name. Know His name is of power and of healing. You know it is Jesus, its a name of salvation...

Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

The Lord has NOT stopped calling.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see it as badgering but rather drawing IOU out.
Not gracious of you.

Whenever I see a drowning man, I throw him a life preserver. I don't take that opportunity to 'draw him out;' by asking him pop quizzes on theory.

of course one is not prepared to square up

There is a time for every season. This is not the time. Where is your concern with him being low in Spirit, reaching out to a community who is supposed to be known by how we love one another? See Wyona's Post #26.

It'll be perceived as threatening.

It's not a perception. He came here to unburden himself. Rather than you talk about yourself, as Wyona did. You put burden on him to explain himself. Romans 12 says to give your enemies food and water. It does not say 'draw them' out by asking them a theological purity test. Just shameful.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Hello IOU,

Encouragement is something that should be sought as a good thing. Not something to get defensive about. I just desired to be encouraging, nothing more.

Love to you brother.
Love is going to burn this fake society to the ground.

Reactions: bbyrd009

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I can't pretend to understand. But maybe I can be helpful.

I've only found real joy, meaning, and purpose in life through serving others. Being truly useful and making a difference to people's lives is the basis of my happiness.

We all have strengths and experiences that can speak in ways few others can. When your strengths and experiences intersect with people's needs, you have purpose.

You understand what its like to be tired of life. Others could really use that kind of empathy.

Getting involved with volunteer work and ministry not only gave me a sense of purpose and value--- I met a lot of truly likeminded people who love me that way too.

We aren't meant to only seek what we can get out of life all on our own. We were made to serve each other in a loving environment. Whether that be a family, church, or a volunteer place, or whatever---its what truly makes us happy and gives life meaning.

You do have a purpose on this earth. It's not too late to find meaning in life. It can happen at any age.
Of course working doing charity feels good, but that good feeling is a happy chemical that is released in our brain. It is named the "reward system" It is why there are many human beings who become workaholics, chasing that reward system.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Born in the year 1973. I have had many years of reflection. I have found nothing that could explain this reality, and I find no comfort in the explanations humans find comfort in. God is no comfort. Therefore I agonize over what I really am in this reality that any God threw me in without warning. At my age life has lost is taste, it's texture, it's excitement. It's all become dull and a grind that can not be remedied by some sales person, or whatever. I don't want to say anymore.

Existence is a cheat and a lie.....and This is the only life a person has, if God is not in their life.
Real LIFE, is not what this world has to offer....as all it offers is..>"come and see" "come and play with me"...and you do, and you get DESTROYED, over and over.
That is the "CHEAT" regarding the promise that this world offers like a Neon light, all the time.

You are told..."this is what you want".. "this is what you need"...and you find that no matter how much of it you buy or steal or try, ... its never enough, and it never satisfies, and you wake up the next day as empty and as sad as the YEAR before.
This WORLD gives you a good feeling, that fades, and then you are right there again.....empty.

So, the offer of the world, is for you to stay empty and sad and wondering why it has to be so.., with no answer found.
See, the world keeps you sad and empty, it does not solve this for you.

The Good News is.....It does not have to be so for anyone.
But you have to turn to the Son of God, for a way out., as there is no other down here.
Mark it down...
And when you turn to Him, He will take that empty heart and that depression, and those suicide thoughts, and He will fill you with His Love.
He will restore purpose to your life.
And that Love of JESUS, is what you were trying to find in this cold dark hateful world.....and it does not offer it, because it has none to offer.

Jesus said..."come unto me and ill take that burden of despair off of you, and i'll give you a NEW HEART ".

See, when our hearts are so tired...so empty...then life is the same.
JESUS's Love... is the answer to this worldwide heart problem.
He's always ready to help.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course working doing charity feels good, but that good feeling is a happy chemical that is released in our brain. It is named the "reward system" It is why there are many human beings who become workaholics, chasing that reward system.

I guess this explains my sunny disposition. :D But I don't have a career so Im in no danger of becoming a workaholic.

No shame in my game. Enough happy chemicals over time leads to the psychological overhaul of being fulfilled.

The other part is community, family, connections---other people. Im sure its possible that that's chemical too but its part of the reason you came to an online forum. We need to interact and its not good for us to be alone.

I hope to see you around the forum in future days. Wishing you lots and lots of happy chemicals.

Reactions: Nancy

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Surely you must like Jesus, so try "mind-melding" with him to get him inside your head..:)-
"On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you" (John 14:20)

rel-jes-mindmeld.jpg

Attachments

• rel-jes-mindmeld.jpg
    rel-jes-mindmeld.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 0

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
seems like that more or less qualifies you to label yourself as “Christian” here, if you wanted to

ha! well, one clique at a time i guess, but ya
Even if I was a professing Christian I would still be in contention with every other believer. Because unlike a known fact , no two believers who believed the same thing could agree.

Reactions: bbyrd009

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Surely you must like Jesus, so try "mind-melding" with him to get him inside your head..:)-
"On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you" (John 14:20)

rel-jes-mindmeld.jpg
Ripping concepts off from Star-Trek to make Jesus more palatable is in poor taste.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I guess this explains my sunny disposition. :D But I don't have a career so Im in no danger of becoming a workaholic.

No shame in my game. Enough happy chemicals over time leads to the psychological overhaul of being fulfilled.

The other part is community, family, connections---other people. Im sure its possible that that's chemical too but its part of the reason you came to an online forum. We need to interact and its not good for us to be alone.

I hope to see you around the forum in future days. Wishing you lots and lots of happy chemicals.
I would suggest that when people do charity work for the reason I mentioned above, then it's selfish in nature, not self-less in nature.