My theory about the "Word" in John 1:1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That was no typo...you intended to exalt other gods to the same exalted position as the one true God...you capitalized the word not once, but twice...if it was a typo, go back and correct your mistake.

Sons of God .. again you can't manage to post without misrepresenting.

Your claim that I exalt these gods to the position of "most high" is a complete falsehood.

reduced to a puddle of dribble in the floor you have been.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have not failed to resolve the apparent contradiction...but you do not accept the resolution that is presented.

Your failure to receive the truth in no way precludes the idea that I have not been able to accurately refute your idea that there are contradictions in the Bible.

You didn't .. all you did was try to justify the killing of children .. which contradicts God's Word - that children are not to be killed for the sins of their parents.

and then you try to project your failings onto others .. your failure to accept the obvious contradiction - in your zeal to defend atrocity.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't .. all you did was try to justify the killing of children .. which contradicts God's Word - that children are not to be killed for the sins of their parents.

and then you try to project your failings onto others .. your failure to accept the obvious contradiction - in your zeal to defend atrocity.
No...I simply pointed out that the children who were killed in the scripture that you brought up were not killed for the sins of their parents, but for their own sins.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sons of God .. again you can't manage to post without misrepresenting.

Your claim that I exalt these gods to the position of "most high" is a complete falsehood.

reduced to a puddle of dribble in the floor you have been.
It was the impression that you gave when you capitalized the word "Gods" instead of showing that they were lesser gods by uncapitalizing the word.

If it is a complete falsehood then you need to make that more clear by what you post. Because as it is, the impression that you gave was that these other gods are on the same level as God.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No...I simply pointed out that the children who were killed in the scripture that you brought up were not killed for the sins of their parents, but for their own sins.

Yes .. I remember - and it is still disturbs me that someone would claim that because a 6 month old baby has parents that worship Shiva - the child should be killed ... and would want such a thing to be law. That would go for the fetus as well - as hearing idolotrous chanting in the womb - this fetus has now sinned according to you and should be killed. Mind you ... the fetus would not have much of a chance at survival anyway because the Mother is definitely to be killed.

Your beliefs are even more extreme that during the 1000 years of horror .. Did you want to kill all these folks quickly - or slow like in the good old days .. when though not as extreme as you .. they were close.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It was the impression that you gave when you capitalized the word "Gods" instead of showing that they were lesser gods by uncapitalizing the word.

If it is a complete falsehood then you need to make that more clear by what you post. Because as it is, the impression that you gave was that these other gods are on the same level as God.

I have always referred to the El as "The Most High" - enough of your nonsense. big G ..little G - who are you to say how much divinity is required to get a Big G attached to your name ... YHWH managed .. and he was a son of El - just like Baal and the numerous others 70 were the number of nations divided among the son's of El ..YHWH's portion being Jacob..

Deut 32:8-9 “When the Most High (El -Elyon) allotted peoples for inheritance, When He divided up humanity, He fixed the boundaries for peoples, According to the number of the sons of the divine: For Yahweh’s portion is his people, Jacob His own inheritance

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heyzeus,

you are attempting to dissuade people from faith in Jesus Christ...

and as such you have misrepresented yourself in your profile by claiming to be a Christian.

I assure you that there are answers to all of the contentions that you have set forth...even if I do not have all of those answers. I suggest that you ask the Lord to tell you the answers to your questions when you stand or fall to your knees before Him at your own judgment seat...

Because you are judging the Lord and I can assure you that He will be justified when He is judged (Romans 3:4) once all of the information is finally brought to the forefront.

Last edited:

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because you are judging the Lord and I can assure you that He will be justified when He is judged (Romans 3:4) once all of the information is finally brought to the forefront

I have never done this thing you accuse me of. On the contrary - it is you who has wandered close to the thin grey line of putting words in the mouth of the lord our savior. So do not project your blasphemy onto me.

I assure you that there are answers to all of the contentions that you have set forth...even if I do not have all of those answers. I suggest that you ask the Lord to tell you the answers to your questions when you stand or fall to your knees before Him at your own judgment seat...

I have asked the lord for answers - it is you who seems to be having trouble. Seek and you will find - but you do not seek. You regurgitate man made dogma and demonizing other Christians for not sharing your extreme perspective.

@Heyzeus,

you are attempting to dissuade people from faith in Jesus Christ...

and as such you have misrepresented yourself in your profile by claiming to be a Christian.

Once again you are projecting your failings onto others. It is you who pushes people away from our lord with your extreme legalistic and literalistic perspective... including supporting Law that would see children killed for the sins of their parents..

This kind of rhetoric does not represent any kind of faith that I want to believe in - and nor does the vast majority of Christianity.
Do feel free to demonize the vast majority of Christianity heritics - but then don't turn around and blame others for pushing people away from Christianity .. as you have Ostracized near every Christian .. sans the Fundamentalist - and many of those folks are not as extreme as you are.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets put an END to any false Theory about John 1:1

this verse is one of the most "Diversified" verses in the bible. as John said in 1:1c the Word is God.. that right there clears the air of any theory.

yes, the Word is God, and he is "WITH" God because he is God.

1 John 1 lays it out for us to understand. just read 1 John 1 and see the revelation.

John 1:1 reveals the second dispensation of God "Manifested" in flesh. yes, Spirit, unseen, (abstract), now made Manifested by flesh, (concrete).

this is diversified Oneness clear as day.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Lets put an END to any false Theory about John 1:1

this verse is one of the most "Diversified" verses in the bible. as John said in 1:1c the Word is God.. that right there clears the air of any theory.

yes, the Word is God, and he is "WITH" God because he is God.

1 John 1 lays it out for us to understand. just read 1 John 1 and see the revelation.

John 1:1 reveals the second dispensation of God "Manifested" in flesh. yes, Spirit, unseen, (abstract), now made Manifested by flesh, (concrete).

this is diversified Oneness clear as day.

PICJAG

Yes .. the spirit of the Father resided in Jesus .. his loyal son and servant.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes .. the spirit of the Father resided in Jesus .. his loyal son and servant.
are you sure? who is this Heyzeus? 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:"
1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow."

now Heyzeus I want you to think first, who is the Spirit of Christ, and where was he? remember ... THINK ..... First.

PICJAG

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
are you sure? who is this Heyzeus? 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:"
1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow."

now Heyzeus I want you to think first, who is the Spirit of Christ, and where was he? remember ... THINK ..... First.

PICJAG

Peter is Pseudepigrapha .. and the author has no way to know what the spirit of Christ was up to in the OT days - and we do not know if the fellow who did write this was speaking allegorically or how it was meant. ..

Obviously if Jesus is believed to be pre-existent - which the author believes - he had to be doing something during the OT days.. so in this letter the prophets in a general way as having being inspired by the Holy Spirit = the spirit of Christ .. same spirit that inspired Jesus .. a completely logical conclusion .. and general belief at the time.

Nothing to see here .. repetition of general belief at the time - " OH .. the prophets were inspired by the Holy Spirit - just like Jesus.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
including supporting Law that would see children killed for the sins of their parents.

Where did God make it a law to kill children for the sins of the parents?

I will agree that He commanded Moses and Joshua to wipe out cultures that would end up corrupting the Israelites so that they would worship other gods to the extent of passing their children through the fire...but that was not a law.

The law that was given by the Lord was in fact the opposite (and also not an exact opposite)...

And therefore God's command to wipe out the cultures in front of them was an exception to the rule of the norm of what God wanted to set forth as standard behaviour.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where did God make it a law to kill children for the sins of the parents?

I will agree that He commanded Moses and Joshua to wipe out cultures that would end up corrupting the Israelites so that they would worship other gods to the extent of passing their children through the fire...but that was not a law.

The law that was given by the Lord was in fact the opposite (and also not an exact opposite)...

And therefore God's command to wipe out the cultures in front of them was an exception to the rule of the norm of what God wanted to set forth as standard behaviour.

Already given you .. has your brain blocked this out already ? Seriously .. what is your deal. Do you think Deuteronomy is called "The book of the Law" because it is not God's law ... such as the law where if a town has folks in it that are worshiping other Gods .. the entire town is to be wiped out.

We spend a number of posts on this .. you trying claim that a 6 month old is guilty of Sin because of their parents.

Get a grip - and Yes .. its God's law .. and we are not talking about other cultures.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already given you .. has your brain blocked this out already ? Seriously .. what is your deal. Do you think Deuteronomy is called "The book of the Law" because it is not God's law ... such as the law where if a town has folks in it that are worshiping other Gods .. the entire town is to be wiped out.

We spend a number of posts on this .. you trying claim that a 6 month old is guilty of Sin because of their parents.

Get a grip - and Yes .. its God's law .. and we are not talking about other cultures.
Nope, it isn't God's law.

God's law is specifically the ten commandments and another 603 that have to do with ceremonial practice, moral understanding, and civil justice.

Deuteronomy is identified as "Second Law" however this does not preclude that everything written in Deuteronomy is necessarily the law of the Lord.

When God gives a specific command that applies to a one-time situation, that is not a law.

A law is when God sets forth a commandment that is to be obeyed perpetually.

His commandment to wipe out cultures that would lead Israel into idolatry and eventually passing their children through the fire, does not qualify as that. It is a one-time direction that is given for a specific situation.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nope, it isn't God's law.

God's law is specifically the ten commandments and another 603 that have to do with ceremonial practice, moral understanding, and civil justice.

Deuteronomy is identified as "Second Law" however this does not preclude that everything written in Deuteronomy is necessarily the law of the Lord.

When God gives a specific command that applies to a one-time situation, that is not a law.

A law is when God sets forth a commandment that is to be obeyed perpetually.

His commandment to wipe out cultures that would lead Israel into idolatry and eventually passing their children through the fire, does not qualify as that. It is a one-time direction that is given for a specific situation.

You are just wrong .. it is "Gods Word" - Gods Law to the people.. you have no clue what you are talking about and are in self contradictory land - along with self deception.

Deut 13:1 "If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a sign or wonder, 2 and if the sign or wonder spoken of takes place, and the prophet says, “Let us follow other gods” (gods you have not known) “and let us worship them,” 3 you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The Lord your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him. 5 That prophet or dreamer must be put to death for inciting rebellion against the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery. That prophet or dreamer tried to turn you from the way the Lord your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you."

So you are claiming that the above is not God's Law ..God's Command .. and that we should not carry out God's commands - as a matter of Law ..as it was to the Moses .. hence the term Mosaic Law ..

Wrong again are you .. but get a grip .. you are grasping at the weakest of imaginary straws in a desperate attempt to semanticize your way out of a deep dark hole.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deut 13:1 "If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a sign or wonder, 2 and if the sign or wonder spoken of takes place, and the prophet says, “Let us follow other gods” (gods you have not known) “and let us worship them,” 3 you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The Lord your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him. 5 That prophet or dreamer must be put to death for inciting rebellion against the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery. That prophet or dreamer tried to turn you from the way the Lord your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you."

So you are claiming that the above is not God's Law ..God's Command ..
I did not say that the above is not God's law...I did say that it is not the law of God when He commanded the Israelites to wipe out nations whose survival would mean that Israel would be turned over to idolatry and pass their children through the fire.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I did not say that the above is not God's law...I did say that it is not the law of God when He commanded the Israelites to wipe out nations whose survival would mean that Israel would be turned over to idolatry and pass their children through the fire.

What a horrible cop out - so when was it God's law ? This was given to you .. and you have no retort .. killing children for the sins of their parents "God's Law" - for Israelites. They also killed the children of other nations - for the sins of their parents .. but obviously this is not Israelite law ..

This is along side the law which states children are not to be killed for the sins of their parents - and there is no reconciling this contradiction .. although you gave it a good college try :) .. -

So how long are you going to continue defending killing children for the sins of their parents .. given that this goes against Gods Law ?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was given to you .. and you have no retort .. killing children for the sins of their parents "God's Law" - for Israelites. They also killed the children of other nations - for the sins of their parents .. but obviously this is not Israelite law ..

It isn't...for the law has to do with what is perpetually commanded to the generations to come...whereas this command to wipe out the nations whom the Israelites were conquering was a one-time direction that was given so that the corrupt nations who were being conquered would not bring corruption to the Israelites through integration...which histroy bears out that some of these nations survived and brought the Israelites into a state of idolatry..in which they passed their children through the fire.

This is along side the law which states children are not to be killed for the sins of their parents - and there is no reconciling this contradiction .. although you gave it a good college try

They were not killed for the sins of their parents but for their own sins.

Whether you receive this or not, I believe, will be based on whether you want to believe the truth of the matter...that all of scripture is inspired of the Lord and therefore there are no contradictions in it...or whether you want to have unbelief concerning faith in Jesus Christ, who is the Word...

So how long are you going to continue defending killing children for the sins of their parents .. given that this goes against Gods Law ?

And there it is...you have admitted that it goes against God's law, and that it is not a part of God's law, that children should be killed for the sins of their parents.

I will say again that the children were not killed for the sins of their parents but for their own sin.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It isn't...for the law has to do with what is perpetually commanded to the generations to come...whereas this command to wipe out the nations whom the Israelites were conquering was a one-time direction that was given so that the corrupt nations who were being conquered would not bring corruption to the Israelites through integration...which histroy bears out that some of these nations survived and brought the Israelites into a state of idolatry..in which they passed their children through the fire.

This is not about the other nations - for the fifth time .. yet you keep running there in hopes of avoiding the reality that this was Israelite law.

They were not killed for the sins of their parents but for their own sins.

They were to be killed for the sins of their parents .. as described . in Deut 13 12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock

This is about Israeli Children .. and Israeli law - what part of this do you not understand .. Mosaic Law for the people of Israel and the land they inhabited.

Claiming a Baby at 6 months old has done a sin worthy of death because of being in a house where there is worship of other Gods is

1) Evil
2) Against God's law.

Whether you receive this or not, I believe, will be based on whether you want to believe the truth of the matter...that all of scripture is inspired of the Lord and therefore there are no contradictions in it...or whether you want to have unbelief concerning faith in Jesus Christ, who is the Word...

Hardcore contradiction -
A) We should kill children for the sins of their parents
B) We should not kill children for the sis of their parents

You have been arguing for A) .. and hope you are proud of such an argument.

Gods Law says Children are not to be killed for the sins of their parents .. you are in contradiction of God's Law.

And there it is...you have admitted that it goes against God's law, and that it is not a part of God's law, that children should be killed for the sins of their parents.

I will say again that the children were not killed for the sins of their parents but for their own sin.