New with TONS of questions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kna325

Dec 16, 2012
South Carolina
I've been an on again off again Christian all my life. I have shamefully left the church many times throughout my life but this time I am here to stay.
Growing up I had some very disfunctional people teaching me about christianity. They were the people who tried to scare children. I can't count how many times I was told I was going to hell for this that and the other as just a child and it got much worse as a teen. I was forced to be baptized about 4-6 times before I even knew what it meant. It was a huge mess growing up.
Now I'm here though on my own free will and looking forward to building a relationship with God but am realizing I know NOTHING about the bible. I've started to read it but I'm still lost about so many things so I have many questions I will likely be posting and asking for biblical refrences. I didn't even know about the trinity concept until a couple days ago and it was something I just learned about because of a conversation between myself and my fiance so I started looking into it.
Anyways so here I am. Starting to build a relationship with God, one that sticks this time. I'm determined more than I've ever been determined about anything else in my entire life.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Welcome, brother or sister, :)

You will hear some varied opinions to some of your questions, so please always also ask the Lord to speak to you through His word, as well as the answers you receive.

Remember that truth is an absolute in scripture. It is not a blend of opinions, or decided by majority vote, or the lesser of two evils. There is no compromise in truth, but truth has awesome qualities which can heal and release from lies, and therefore, it is not to be feared. To be in God's gentle hands is safer than anywhere else.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Hello and welcome to you! We are glad to have you in fellowship with us! We are not perfect people or the perfect forum but we are striving for perfection in Christ Jesus. You will laugh, cry, agrue, rejoice and all on this forum but most of all love! We all do not see eye to eye but we are a community built on Christian love and compassion! Find your fit and get involved! Abundant blessings!!

trisho

Feb 8, 2013
Hi and welcome! I know what you mean about coming from a disfunctional family and being all messed up inside. I always thought that if it took the Lord 25 years to get me straightened out I would still have called it a miracle. Actually it took Him about 28 years , but putting my life back together was like putting together a giant 1000 piece puzzle! So whatever you do don't give up on Him He will get it all sorted out. Remember - All things work together for good to those who love the Lord and are called according to his purpose!
Romans 8:28

the stranger

Mar 12, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
I can certainly relate to some degree. As a kid I was saved but believing I had to be perfect I often gave up. After several years of this I gave up on God for many years but He never gave up on me. 1 baby step at a time, I told God, and He has been teaching how to walk every since. I was raised by just my ma, but she was the best ma in the world :) Welcome. I know you will love it here.