No unity ever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@historyb ... My heart is sad ... because I want PEACE for you... I want you to find a forum HOME... just like what I am SEEKING...
I am not certain I will last here... I am taking it day by day... This is kind of an experiment for me... to see if I can get along with those
of other beliefs.... In real life ... I live totally alone and I LOVE IT... My struggle is being with people... and even though that sounds really bad... and counter-productive to the command of JESUS to FELLOWSHIP....I have not been able to find a place where I fit in... I am a LONER... plus I am an only child... so... I don't think I ever learned the dynamics of family... as mine was so dysfunctional... Thankfully the Lord is most patient with me. I will repeat that just because I am ANGRY with the CATHOLIC Church... does NOT make me your enemy.

Reactions: historyb and Nancy

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Don't need too, I have the original sources that were there not some guy who had a biased against the Traditional Church
So you don't need to read a book you are commenting on. If that is not arrogance I don't know what is.

So you have read the 700 original sources which the author quoted from? You are getting more ridiculous by the minute.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So, you have read the book then?
Not fortunate but your to be pitied, your in a denomination of one as your own authority nd there is no way that book is close to accurate it has a built in bias nor is the author old enough to have lived back than. The tue sources whom did live back than absolutely disagree with you as I have demonstrated
So we can throw Spurgeon, Finney, Whitfield, Colson, Strong, Prince, Green, Wallis, Pawson, Rushdoony, Morris all in the bin because they are not two thousand years old.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
HOWEVER... I have allowed myself to become ANGRY.... and I am NOW DONE. Thanks to your
yea the devil is good at doing that too us it his plan, is amazing how he can sue people and things to make us step away from our Lords peace.

Reactions: Nancy

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why would we come here and debate issues with non-Catholics!!! This is a Christian website....is it not? Are not all Christians welcome here?

You Protestants debate with each other on here all the time. The reason you debate is because you all have your own truth about the same passage from Scripture. If you all agreed with each other you wouldn’t be debating. What is wrong with a Catholic having their own truth/interpretation about a passage and debating it with you? ESPECIALLY since you Protestants agree with some Catholic interpretations/doctrines.

Curious Mary
Because if it doesnt agree with God and Christ than it is just a lot of random confusing noise, which is what all religion is. Remember what happened to egypt before the Israelites came out of Her she caught a lot of diseases.

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Back story on me.

I was Once a Protestant. Not one of the many churches I went to taught the truth. How do I know they didn’t teach the Truth? Because I disagreed with them and thought I had the Truth that was why I kept going to different churches.

I then decided to put to use my interest in history and see what the men who walked/talked with the Apostles thought, preached, practiced and how they interpreted Scripture. It was then that I learned that Christianity has been Catholic since the 1st Century. I am now happy to be a member of The Church. I now realize that I am not “the pillar and foundation of truth”. The Church is....just like scripture says.

The last Protestant church I went to never revealed how much money they took in or spent. The last service I went to the pastor (who started the church and had his kids/wife running the church) stood up on the stage as the smoke cleared from the band that just performed behind him and he held up a cracker. He said to the congregation, “Jesus held up the bread at the Last Supper and said to the Apostles , this is a “symbol” of my body”......

I knew Scripture well enough To know that the pastor just flat out lied, on stage, in front of and to hundreds Christians. It was the last straw for me but Oddly the best thing that ever happened.

Good luck on your journey. You are always welcome to come home.

Mary
Hi Mary,
I left cc for valid reasons. I simply cannot agree with catholic doctrines or sacraments-the rosary etc. I don’t believe we should ask anybody to pray for us, except Jesus (our advocate).

When we read the old Testament, it’s clear that prayer offered to any representative other than The Almighty is forbidden. Ie. ‘No Other gods’ (ex.20)

As Jesus IS God-He’s the only one. I now believe this is true Christianity. I have noticed that all denominations appear to have their own idols (paul, Mary, Saints, Pope, Luther, Calvin, Wycliffe, tynedale, Wesley, Knox, etc etc. such as I did) The Lord bless you and keep you...x

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They don't, they puff up themselves as better
The same can be said about some Catholics.

another reason there can’t be unity. You have to many people who think “they have it” and they are playing for the right team.

well which one is the right team? Did not paul condemn this thinking I am of Paul, I am of Apollo’s, I am of this person or that person, or hey, I will Trump you all, I am (My church) of Christ.

I think sometimes if people would listen to themselves with an open mind they would see how ridiculous they sound saying others do the very thing they themselves are doing.

that is the one aspect of any christian chat I have ever been a part of I loath to no end, the arrogance and the hypocrisy of a select group of people from all sides is sickening,

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I hope that's a start and sufficient and not too vague for you.
ah ty, that was the only way i knew to get witnesses w/o having to do it myself lol; so, we might examine how "faith" is used as both a noun and a verb, and maybe even what you or i have as "the faith," but i gotta full plate today. Have a noun if you like, and if you would could you describe this "the faith" you have in a sentence or two?

I know I speak in absolutes, I try not to speak in riddles.
ok well he who says he knows, doesn't right, so ty for the confession, and you might note that the Bible is a Book of Riddles, basically; riddles that the wise in their own eyes ignore, for the most part, or reason away with justifications, etc

He who seeks to save his soul will lose it
No son of man may die for another's sins

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
priceless

well mary, when someone breaks a loaf of bread in front of you and says "this is my body," you will either get the hint or get offended i guess, your choice. But fwiw there is no ritual involved in the "Lord's" Supper, except for Esau

Now fwiw im happy that you found somewhere to go in your religion shopping, but hopefully you get on some level that changing religions will not save you anyway? And going to the dark side just proves that you dont understand most of what you read anyway imo

anyway heil, and best of luck to you with the Mithraist thing ok
Luke 24:35

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Mary,
I left cc for valid reasons...I don’t believe we should ask anybody to pray for us, except Jesus (our advocate).

When we read the old Testament, it’s clear that prayer offered to any representative other than The Almighty is forbidden. Ie. ‘No Other gods’ (ex.20)x
James 5:16

1Timothy 2:1

Colossians 1:9

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That all of the Protestants in your experience, or mine, have been in error does not mean that the Catholic Church is where God wants us all to be. Is it so wrong to continue following the Way that Jesus gave us? Why do you assume or presume that it is so?

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33
This also from Matthew, John and Peter: Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

- Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

If we could all just unite under one Church we can end this swift destruction

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Mary, don't you see a difference between praying "for" and praying "to"?
Good morning. Yes I do see/know the difference.

The passages I provided are a response to this statement: ..I don’t believe we should ask anybody to pray for us, except Jesus

The Church only advocates praying to God.

Respectfully, Mary

Reactions: Nancy

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same can be said about some Catholics.

another reason there can’t be unity. You have to many people who think “they have it” and they are playing for the right team,
I believe I have it, the truth, and am on the right team which has set me free. John 8:32

Confidence should not be confused for arrogance.

Respectfully Mary

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You are missing my point @historyb ... and you seem bent and bound on finding fault with me... simply because I stated I loathe the religion of Catholicism... I have been honest about that... I don't think a person can HEAL and begin to FORGIVE .... until they ADMIT they have a problem.
I have admitted I cannot discuss this topic..... YET... when someone was cruel with their words to Marymog... I came to her defence... READ post #201

My point is that because of the extreme SEPARATION of Catholics vs the rest of protestants.... coming into a post about UNITY is an OXYMORON.... I think the results are seen in plain form.
they have both not heard that many times already fwiw, and will not emaningfully respond, hence the frustration. with obv hypocrites, iow

Last edited:

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Like saints and mary
An
Good morning. Yes I do see/know the difference.

The passages I provided are a response to this statement: ..I don’t believe we should ask anybody to pray for us, except Jesus

The Church only advocates praying to God.

Respectfully, Mary
Jesus is God

Reactions: Eternally Grateful
Status
Not open for further replies.