No unity ever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are missing my point @historyb ... and you seem bent and bound on finding fault with me... simply because I stated I loathe the religion of Catholicism... I have been honest about that... I don't think a person can HEAL and begin to FORGIVE .... until they ADMIT they have a problem.
I have admitted I cannot discuss this topic..... YET... when someone was cruel with their words to Marymog... I came to her defense... READ post #201

My point is that because of the extreme SEPARATION of Catholics vs the rest of protestants.... coming into a post about UNITY is an OXYMORON.... I think the results are seen in plain form.

You miss mine then. The post wasn't directed you but at people like bbyrd009 whose hatred is always on display. Dude don't take everything as if it is to you especially wen I said it wasn't to you. I seen other threads you been in and you seem to what to be upset over anything and even though I hate it here because of people like bbyrd009 I never said anything about you, read the post again extremely carefully

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I apologize. If I have not previously made it clear I will try now.

Scripture says there are false prophets, false teacher’s, men who twist scripture and false doctrines. Logically there is an opposite of all those.

I do not teach doctrine or interpret scripture therefore I can not be a false teacher who twists scripture. I only repeat what the pillar and foundation of truth teaches.

Who’s teaching do you repeat?

God bless Mary
Your stuck on the same issue

you assume your church can make no mistake so you assume you have made it

that’s what I meant When I spoke of pride Ann arrogance when it
Comes to discussing the word with people who believe different than ourselves

you also totally ignored My reasoning. Would you like to respond to My reading about the flaws of blindly following anyone no matter what church they belong to?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This also from Matthew, John and Peter: Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

- Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

If we could all just unite under one Church we can end this swift destruction
Yes, if only we could. The Apostle Paul writes about the help God has provided to attain to that unity here:

"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;" Eph 4:11-14

Those ministers [apostles, prophets, etc.] are themselves a gift of God, but as you indicate there are also the false ones among us. As you might have asked, 'How do we know the difference between the false and the true'?

Does not the verse I quoted give us the answer?

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well imo there really cant be any wrong answers to "what does 'the faith' mean to you?"
im sure it means something diff to everyone prolly
Not unless a person purposely lies when he gives us his answer!

Reactions: bbyrd009

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your stuck on the same issue

you assume your church can make no mistake so you assume you have made it

that’s what I meant When I spoke of pride Ann arrogance when it
Comes to discussing the word with people who believe different than ourselves

you also totally ignored My reasoning. Would you like to respond to My reading about the flaws of blindly following anyone no matter what church they belong to?
If my church is not the pillar and foundation of truth ten which one is?

I believe I am showing the opposite of pride and arrogance. I am not proud or arrogant enough to believe I am the pillar and foundation of truth. I refuse to blindly follow MY truth.

Reactions: historyb

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you don't need to read a book you are commenting on. If that is not arrogance I don't know what is.

So you have read the 700 original sources which the author quoted from? You are getting more ridiculous by the minute.

The early Church Fathers are the source not some yahoo who knows nothing about the Church. Anyway we are never going to agree, you want some lone version of Christianity that fits a mold your carefully crafted and I follow Christianity once and for all delivered by the apostles and handed down to the Church. We can still be friends if that is okay and if we ever meet I will buy us diet coke (no pepsi though) :)

Reactions: Marymog

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The flesh is dead but their soul is alive basking in the glory of God. My flesh does not pray for you: my soul does.

I believe prayers of the saints from the hand of the angel go before God just like scripture says.
Christian believers are ‘the saints’. People in the grave cannot speak

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I refuse to blindly follow MY truth.

This is not easy to it takes discipline which most in the west lack and buck at the notion of placing oneself under any authority so people become their own authority and really remove themselves from that which is authentic

Reactions: Marymog

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christian believers are ‘the saints’. People in the grave cannot speak

Must people be reminded Christians are never dead, not even those that pass into their new life. The idea that Christians die is a lie, God is not the God of the dead and if He were then when you did your not a Christian anymore. To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord, not dead in the grave like unbelievers

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If my church is not the pillar and foundation of truth ten which one is?

I believe I am showing the opposite of pride and arrogance. I am not proud or arrogant enough to believe I am the pillar and foundation of truth. I refuse to blindly follow MY truth.
Who told you YOUR church was. Who told you what you need to believe. Who told you and wrote the history you are blindly following?

and sorry. If you do not think you insisting I lousy listen to
Men and am not part of Gods church and think that is not arrogant. Then as I said earlier you are part of the problem.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@historyb ... My heart is sad ... because I want PEACE for you... I want you to find a forum HOME... just like what I am SEEKING...
I am not certain I will last here... I am taking it day by day... This is kind of an experiment for me... to see if I can get along with those
of other beliefs.... In real life ... I live totally alone and I LOVE IT... My struggle is being with people... and even though that sounds really bad... and counter-productive to the command of JESUS to FELLOWSHIP....I have not been able to find a place where I fit in... I am a LONER... plus I am an only child... so... I don't think I ever learned the dynamics of family... as mine was so dysfunctional... Thankfully the Lord is most patient with me. I will repeat that just because I am ANGRY with the CATHOLIC Church... does NOT make me your enemy.

You are a good new internet friend, may God give us all peace. Someday if we meet we can have an root beer

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who told you YOUR church was. Who told you what you need to believe. Who told you and wrote the history you are blindly following?

and sorry. If you do not think you insisting I lousy listen to
Men and am not part of Gods church and think that is not arrogant. Then as I said earlier you are part of the problem.
Who told you what you need to believe?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 2:15
Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth

how can you rightly divide if you blindly follow Some Man or do Not study? You can’t
2 Timothy is a pastoral letter.

Who do you trust to rightly divide the word?

Reactions: historyb

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have both.
I am proud of The Church and I am confident it has the truth.

After 2,000 years what new can I be taught by God? God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues. I do not pretend to be any of those and I fear I may twist scripture to my own destruction. I trust the pillar and foundation of truth will not twist scripture.

God bless Mary
Paul said in Phillipians ...being confident of this very thing, that He who begun a good work in us will perform it to the very end, to the coming of Christ Jesus.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful
Status
Not open for further replies.