No unity ever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just as soon as it is shown hat the Bible contains everything and that St. Paul's instruction were not true when he said keep everything we taught you written and oral and that the Church is not the pillar and foundation of truth.
Nice dodge. I requested this... I'm still looking for a verse that says we can pray to those who have passed on (Jesus not included), or at least an example of such.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word church literally means a gathering.

It is associated with a group of city churches.

It consists of all people who are born again.

It has names like the churches of rome, the churches of Ephesus etc. In revelation is spoke of 7 churches. not one church.
Which one of those 7 churches will you go to to fulfill Matthew 18:16?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which one of those 7 churches will you go to to fulfill Matthew 18:16?
Non of those churches exist anymore

the church in Columbus Ohio, which consists of many people in many different groups is the church

and matt 18: 16 is not about a church but about an individual who sees a brother in sin. To take him aside, if he does not listen, then take witnesses with you

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooo you KNOW when they are not correct?
If what they say does not line up with the word. Then we can rest assured that in that particular instance they are incorrect in their doctrines

most churches are right and agree on many areas,

it is the areas of disagreement which causes the disunity, when people think they are right no matter what, and will not even contemplate what someone else said, even if in the end, they agree to disagree,

there is no agree to disagree in certain people in certain denominations, it’s their way or else,

hence why there will or can not be unity, as this thread is suggesting

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: historyb

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Non of those churches exist anymore

the church in Columbus Ohio, which consists of many people in many different groups is the church

and matt 18: 16 is not about a church but about an individual who sees a brother in sin. To take him aside, if he does not listen, then take witnesses with you
I apologize: MATTHEW 18:17

Which church will you go to to fulfill Matthew 18:17? The one in Columbus Ohio?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If what they say does not line up with the word. Then we can rest assured that in that particular instance they are incorrect in their doctrines
Who decides what lines up with Scripture and which church is incorrect in their doctrine? I am not arrogant enough to say that person is me..

Reactions: historyb

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice dodge. I requested this... I'm still looking for a verse that says we can pray to those who have passed on (Jesus not included), or at least an example of such.

No dodge, you see I know from interaction that you guys have no answer at all. You can't show what I ask, I don't have to because I am bright nough to know that not everything has to be in the Bible.

Reactions: Marymog

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who decides what lines up with Scripture and which church is incorrect in their doctrine? I am not arrogant enough to say that person is me..
Who decides?

God decides

not you not the Roman Catholic Church, not the Calvinist church, not the Lutheran church, not the (inset any name church you can think of)

the church of isreal, was instituted by God, he set up the priesthood, ordained it, and proclaimed it an eternal institution as gods representatives on earth

those who followed that church in Jesus day are in hell today because they followed tradition and history and men

If you wish to risk doing what they did feel free

one thing is for sure, I can have no unity with you, no one can who is not catholic, because in your view. Your right and everyone else is wrong unless they agree with you

again, I. The case presented in this thread, I rest my case concerning certain people in their own denominational churches (and yes, catholicism is a denomination, whether you agree or not does not really matter,

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No dodge, you see I know from interaction that you guys have no answer at all. You can't show what I ask, I don't have to because I am bright nough to know that not everything has to be in the Bible.
So we have to answer, but you do not have to

another post of dishonesty and hypocrisy. And another reason there can be no unity.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are not a worker?

and yes. Do

it does not mean I have to blindly follow every word they say,

that’s following men not god
I am not a pastor so Timothy does not apply to me.

if you Obey them and submit to them then why don’t you follow every word they say? Isn’t that disobeying them?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who decides?

God decides

not you not the Roman Catholic Church, not the Calvinist church, not the Lutheran church, not the (inset any name church you can think of)

the church of isreal, was instituted by God, he set up the priesthood, ordained it, and proclaimed it an eternal institution as gods representatives on earth

those who followed that church in Jesus day are in hell today because they followed tradition and history and men

If you wish to risk doing what they did feel free

one thing is for sure, I can have no unity with you, no one can who is not catholic, because in your view. Your right and everyone else is wrong unless they agree with you

again, I. The case presented in this thread, I rest my case concerning certain people in their own denominational churches (and yes, catholicism is a denomination, whether you agree or not does not really matter,
When Christians fulfill Matthew 18:17 we will have unity

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Christians don't die. I am sorry you serve a god of the dead
had very similar debates with somebody else about this...we never resolved our differences, so I’m out :) will be praying for you both, along with my rc family members who have also been deceived (as I was)...Love hopes all things...The Lord bless you and keep you, The Lord make His face shine upon you and give you peace...

Status
Not open for further replies.