No unity ever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who told you what you need to believe?
I have said many times no one

are you hard of Listening? Or what seems to be the hang up?

I do not trust My eternity to anyone. I listen to those in authority over me but I do not trust everything they say they are humans and not perfect and able to get things wrong

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We cannot ask people to pray/intercede for us, after they have died-it’s spiritualism! (Deut. 18) Luke 16-a gulf exists

Christians are not dead! You may serve a god that is a god of the dead but true Christians don't and it is not spiritualism, the Luke passage was a parable not reality. I am really getting sick of people think God is a God of the dead. Pray means to ask so every time you ask any person for anything you are praying to them so you better not make any request of any person ever.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have said many times no one

are you hard of Listening? Or what seems to be the hang up?

I do not trust My eternity to anyone. I listen to those in authority over me but I do not trust everything they say they are humans and not perfect and able to get things wrong
You listen to those in authority over you but you don’t trust what they say!! So you trust yourself not to get things wrong?

I believe what 1 Timothy 5:17 says.

God bless Mary

Reactions: historyb

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so now we know what worm means, ok
"ima defend 'the faith' to my death, or until someone asks me to define it!"
lol

no offense meant ok
but jesus already
Anyone can defend to their death a statement like 'well imo there really cant be any wrong answers to "what does 'the faith' mean to you'.
That stance would never be persecuted to one's death in a pluralistic world as Christians were in the 1st Century. It molds itself to the winds of the season, convictionless, pliable, perilously drifting towards the crags of Relativism.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy is a pastoral letter.

Who do you trust to rightly divide the word?
You trust men

I trust No man

Timothy was written to a worker of god your not a worker?

Anyway, Thank you. You just proved what I said to be true. When a catholic said houw PUFFED up protestants can be, and I responded that some catholics are just as bad.

The same can be said about some Catholics.

another reason there can’t be unity. You have to many people who think “they have it” and they are playing for the right team.

Well you think you have it and you are on the right team. while we are not..

well which one is the right team? Did not paul condemn this thinking I am of Paul, I am of Apollo’s, I am of this person or that person, or hey, I will Trump you all, I am (My church) of Christ.

I think sometimes if people would listen to themselves with an open mind they would see how ridiculous they sound saying others do the very thing they themselves are doing.

that is the one aspect of any christian chat I have ever been a part of I loath to no end, the arrogance and the hypocrisy of a select group of people from all sides is sickening,

and yes, forgive me, But I think what you are doing comes from pride and arrogance.

Reactions: prism

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You listen to those in authority over you but you don’t trust what they say!! So you trust yourself not to get things wrong?

I believe what 1 Timothy 5:17 says.

God bless Mary
WHo said I do not trust what they say?

I said I do not trust that EVERYTHING they say is correct (i do not blindly follow them)

once again, You have proven me right.

you want to put your eternity in the hands of men go for it.

I tried that for half my life. and found how foolish that was

My eternity is in Gods hands..

Reactions: prism

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Christians are not dead! You may serve a god that is a god of the dead but true Christians don't and it is not spiritualism, the Luke passage was a parable not reality. I am really getting sick of people think God is a God of the dead. Pray means to ask so every time you ask any person for anything you are praying to them so you better not make any request of any person ever.
Not after they’ve died

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm still looking for a verse that says we can pray to those who have passed on (Jesus not included), or at least an example of such.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have also mused, how can someone finite like Mary hear thousands of prayers addressed to her simultaneously? That would require God status, no?

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I trust no man.

and yes, forgive me, But I think what you are doing comes from pride and arrogance.
I am glad you can admit, as I have admitted, we can’t trust ourselves to properly interpret Scripture.

I forgive you!

I do not believe it is arrogant to admit that the church is the pillar and foundation of truth. It is opposite of arrogance.

I have been humble (which is opposite of prideful) enough to admit that God has not chosen me to properly interpret scripture. I leave that to the men God has chosen.

Blessings

Reactions: historyb

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have also mused, how can someone finite like Mary hear thousands of prayers addressed to her simultaneously? That would require God status, no?
That’s the point. They can disagree with us. But they have to consider what we say may be true. Because it can not be proven either way

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am glad you can admit, as I have admitted, we can’t trust ourselves to properly interpret Scripture.

I forgive you!

I do not believe it is arrogant to admit that the church is the pillar and foundation of truth. It is opposite of arrogance.

I have been humble (which is opposite of prideful) enough to admit that God has not chosen me to properly interpret scripture. I leave that to the men God has chosen.

Blessings
The pride comes from the fact you think YOUR CHURCH is that church

that was my original point.

Status
Not open for further replies.